Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by SeattleGriz »

If you voted for this twat, please punch yourself in your stupid face. You're part of the problem and not the solution.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Unreal. Literally unable to think or form a coherent thought without having crib notes like a freaking child.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

S&P down 23.4% in first 184 trading days of the year. 4th worst start to a year EVER.

Thanks Brandon.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

5th Circuit slaps down DACA. Probably will end up before SCOTUS..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-scolds-maga-republicans-5th-circuit-court-strikes-down-daca-orders-new-applicants
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

It is nice to see our energy policy will depend on the good graces of Nicolas Maduro.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:17 pm It is nice to see our energy policy will depend on the good graces of Nicolas Maduro.
I saw that yesterday too, amazing it doesn't get more press (although not really amazing, journalism is so shoddy these days anything is possible). But because we crapped the bed on energy policy and put the cart before horse (basically going green before we're capable of going all the way, and having no fallback position in the meantime, and the meantime could be several to a lot of years), we're going to ease up on sanctions on Venezuela so that they can pump more oil and get it to market and desperately try to keep prices down. And this is because other bad actors, like the Saudi's and Iran, are cutting back on oil despite our desperate pleas for them to pump more for us, even though we think they're pariahs and even though fossil fuels are evil. It's hard to imagine how much more we could've screwed this up, but I'm sure tomorrow (or in the near future) we'll even one-up this. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:24 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:17 pm It is nice to see our energy policy will depend on the good graces of Nicolas Maduro.
I saw that yesterday too, amazing it doesn't get more press (although not really amazing, journalism is so shoddy these days anything is possible). But because we crapped the bed on energy policy and put the cart before horse (basically going green before we're capable of going all the way, and having no fallback position in the meantime, and the meantime could be several to a lot of years), we're going to ease up on sanctions on Venezuela so that they can pump more oil and get it to market and desperately try to keep prices down. And this is because other bad actors, like the Saudi's and Iran, are cutting back on oil despite our desperate pleas for them to pump more for us, even though we think they're pariahs and even though fossil fuels are evil. It's hard to imagine how much more we could've screwed this up, but I'm sure tomorrow (or in the near future) we'll even one-up this. :ohno:
:lol: :lol: If there’s a way to screw it up more, Biden is ON it! :rofl: :dunce:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Didn't you vote for the idiot in Chief?

Even Obama told people not to underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:16 am

I did. Better of two evils at the time and given the two choices, I don't regret my vote. Heck, I probably would've thrown it away again on a third party candidate as a protest. With that said, Biden is certainly far worse than I ever imagined - I knew he was getting older, I had no idea though that he'd be so far gone mentally. And again, it's not like he was a mental giant during his more youthful years. Never thought anyone could outdo Carter, but he's done it and still has another two years to put a ribbon on it. He won't have Congress (at least the House) after this election, so at least he'll be a lame duck kinda of President for the next two years.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:47 am
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:16 am

I did. Better of two evils at the time and given the two choices, I don't regret my vote. Heck, I probably would've thrown it away again on a third party candidate as a protest. With that said, Biden is certainly far worse than I ever imagined - I knew he was getting older, I had no idea though that he'd be so far gone mentally. And again, it's not like he was a mental giant during his more youthful years. Never thought anyone could outdo Carter, but he's done it and still has another two years to put a ribbon on it. He won't have Congress (at least the House) after this election, so at least he'll be a lame duck kinda of President for the next two years.
What kind of mental gymnastics must one go through to be able to unequivocally state Biden is “far worse than I ever imagined” and follow that up with “I don’t regret my vote”.

And come ON, GF, everyone with a fucking brainstem knew Biden’s brain was mush. Why else do you think they essentially kept him in a fucking bunker for the last 8 weeks of the election? He makes Carter (and Trump) look like freaking Mensa candidates.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:59 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:47 am
What kind of mental gymnastics must one go through to be able to unequivocally state Biden is “far worse than I ever imagined” and follow that up with “I don’t regret my vote”.

And come ON, GF, everyone with a fucking brainstem knew Biden’s brain was mush. Why else do you think they essentially kept him in a fucking bunker for the last 8 weeks of the election? He makes Carter (and Trump) look like freaking Mensa candidates.
trump was/is an unethical and egomaniacal bully which is plenty of reason to not regret voting for someone else.

We were headed for a recession regardless of who was sitting in the White House. Biden definitely exasperated the situation but we'd still be in trouble even if trump hadn't gotten his ass kicked. If trump were POTUS, he'd be whining and crying and throwing everyone he could under the bus.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:56 pm

trump was/is an unethical and egomaniacal bully which is plenty of reason to not regret voting for someone else.

We were headed for a recession regardless of who was sitting in the White House. Biden definitely exasperated the situation but we'd still be in trouble even if trump hadn't gotten his ass kicked. If trump were POTUS, he'd be whining and crying and throwing everyone he could under the bus.
Well then I guess my next question is how much WORSE would it/he have to be to actually regret his vote? :lol: :lol: :lol: Because by his own words he’s already worse than he could have even imagined.

And it’s not like Biden is any different. He’s thrown every Republican under the bus at every opportunity. Nothing is EVER his fault.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Remember when Trump brought us to the brink of nuclear war over a country we have no defense treaty with? Yeah me neither.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:56 pm

I don't think a recession was a foregone conclusion, in fact I don't think it was even necessary. Trump did his part with that unnecessary COVID relief he pushed through in December of his lameduck period. However, there was zero indication that he would've did what Biden did and top that wasteful "relief" with relief 2x-3x larger than that several months later when it was even more increasingly clear that it wasn't warranted and was likely harmful to the economy. What Biden did didn't "exasperate" the situation, it was a prime reason that caused the situation. I'm not sure what the Fed would've done with Trump in the White House rather than Biden. Biden was certainly instrumental in lobbying them to continue to artificially keep interest rates lower than necessary - I don't think the Fed would've been as cooperative with Trump and may have tightened the money supply just to spite him (which would've been useful had they done that). Our historically bad economic policy under the Biden administration, coupled with his hopeful energy policy with no rational blueprint on how to bridge the gap and make it happen, have driven us into the recession we're in and will likely be in for another year or so. There's a reason why previous administrations and the Fed were so fearful of inflation - Biden and his group took the eye off the ball and we're all suffering for it now.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Is it a lie or dementia? Because everyone knows gas wasn’t even 1/2 that when he took office, so saying that provides no benefit to his side.

Amd its not $3.39 now, either. According to AAA on Tbur when Biden made up these #s the price was $3.76.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Oct jobs #s out today.
https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washing ... ight-month

Feb 2020: 158.866 million employed
Oct 2022: 158.608 million employed.
https://beta.bls.gov/dataViewer/view/ti ... NS12000000

So less people now working than at the beginning of Covid, despite 4 million or so population growth. Zero job growth under Biden (govt shutdowns causing 20 million or so jobs to be lost, then govt shutdowns ending and less than 20 million jobs coming back isn't job growth).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden’s dumbass comments on coal. Machin UNLOADS on Biden. When was the last time a Senator slammed his own POTUS like that right before a midterm?
"President Biden’s comments are not only outrageous and divorced from reality, they ignore the severe economic pain the American people are feeling because of rising energy costs. Comments like these are the reason the American people are losing trust in President Biden and instead believes he does not understand the need to have an all in energy policy that would keep our nation totally energy independent and secure.

It seems his positions change depending on the audience and the politics of the day. Politicizing our nation’s energy policies would only bring higher prices and more pain for the American people.

Let me be clear, this is something the President has never said to me. Being cavalier about the loss of coal jobs for men and women in West Virginia and across the country who literally put their lives on the line to help build and power this country is offensive and disgusting.

The President owes these incredible workers an immediate and public apology and it is time he learn a lesson that his words matter and have consequences.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchi ... arn-lesson
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

3 UVA football plyers killed by ex player with a HANDGUN. White House response:
Too many families across America are bearing the awful burden of gun violence.But we must do more. We need to enact an assault weapons ban to get weapons of war off America’s streets.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:49 pm 3 UVA football plyers killed by ex player with a HANDGUN. White House response:
Too many families across America are bearing the awful burden of gun violence.But we must do more. We need to enact an assault weapons ban to get weapons of war off America’s streets.
It's like the abortion debate (or immigration for that matter, or any other intractable issue), and on both sides. Everyone just goes to the habitual talking points and just stays superficial. There's no attempt to get into the details or nuance and it's purposeful because if you had to get into the details to work it out you'd lose the hyper-partisans on both sides that drive the early primary votes. And politicians, way too often, don't want to solve a problem because then they'd lose that problem to campaign on in the next election. No one wants to move on to new stuff when the old stuff messages so well in elections.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In 2022, the IRS Went After the Very Poorest Taxpayers
https://reason.com/2023/01/06/in-2022-t ... taxpayers/
But yeah, lets give them a gigantic funding boost and 87k new agents.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:25 am In 2022, the IRS Went After the Very Poorest Taxpayers
A Start
IRS on the chopping block on first day of legislative work under Speaker McCarthy
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA168MDt
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:32 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:25 am In 2022, the IRS Went After the Very Poorest Taxpayers
A Start
IRS on the chopping block on first day of legislative work under Speaker McCarthy
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA168MDt
Good. Adding more agents without fixing the tax code is just a waste of money.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:43 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:49 pm 3 UVA football plyers killed by ex player with a HANDGUN. White House response:
It's like the abortion debate (or immigration for that matter, or any other intractable issue), and on both sides. Everyone just goes to the habitual talking points and just stays superficial. There's no attempt to get into the details or nuance and it's purposeful because if you had to get into the details to work it out you'd lose the hyper-partisans on both sides that drive the early primary votes. And politicians, way too often, don't want to solve a problem because then they'd lose that problem to campaign on in the next election. No one wants to move on to new stuff when the old stuff messages so well in elections.
And voters lap that verbiage up. :ohno:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

FAA grounds all flights NATIONWIDE this morning due to some systems failure, in the biggest grounding since 9/11, resulting in thousands of cancelled and delayed flights. Not to worry though, I'm sure Buttijudge is on it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Competition is good. One of government’s jobs is to referee a competitive market. Article link is in the tweet.