Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by CID1990 »

Biden ran on unity and bipartisanship and then the Democrats essentially put Bernie Sanders in charge of the entire legislative agenda. Brilliant move there, with thin majorities in each house.

This entire legislative session is toast and it is all because the Democrats kow-towed to their far left wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:13 am Let's review some of the newest developments:

* 38% approval rating overall. Lowest of his presidency
Mass release of illegals INTO the country (then claiming they all were sent away) - 23% approval rating of border handling
* Complete abortion of a supply chain. Broken on so many levels and getting worse - ships piling up in LA, Long Beach, Seattle, and every other major port - directly resulting in massive oil spill from a supply ship's anchor tearing up a pipeline on the ocean floor
* Record # of job openings, and record # of people LEAVING the job force
* Record high "persistently transitory" (lol) inflation
* Border whip conspiracy bullshit
* Fake White House set
* Actors used in place of normal children for VP publicity stunt, produced by CANADIAN company called The Sinking Ship (how apropo)
* Refuses to EVER take a question from a reporter
* Forgets the name of Australia's Prime Minister
* Toothless response to China's Taiwan aggression
* Has both houses and the White House but can't get a spending bill passed
* Soaring murder rates across the country
* Record COVID deaths despite 10 months of vaccines
* Oil production down, gas prices double
* Ill-advised vaccine mandate shuts down/fucks up air travel massively as pilots/airline employees revolt
* Pissed off England
* France now hates us

Let's Go, Brandon.
Let's be honest - nobody on the Right should care that he's pissed off Allies...he's just continuing a his predecessors tradition.

But, the supply chain was broken long before him. Perhaps if Biden rolled back those Trump Tariffs, there may be some relief (but then again, we'd miss out on that sweet sweet money those higher tariffs are bringing in.) And is he to blame for murders and people not getting vaccinated or the death rate in general?
Last edited by Ibanez on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:50 am Biden ran on unity and bipartisanship and then the Democrats essentially put Bernie Sanders in charge of the entire legislative agenda. Brilliant move there, with thin majorities in each house.

This entire legislative session is toast and it is all because the Democrats kow-towed to their far left wing.

That and Biden lacks any testicular fortitude.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:52 am Let's be honest... he's just continuing... long before him... is he to blame
OK Mr Excusie-cuse.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:52 am Let's be honest... he's just continuing... long before him... is he to blame
OK Mr Excusie-cuse.
Thank god I'm not the only one who's noticed! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
OK Mr Excusie-cuse.
Is it an excuse or highlighting that anyone who criticizes Biden for pissing off allies that defended, downplayed or deflected from Trump pissing off allies is a hypocrite?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:52 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:13 am Let's review some of the newest developments:

Mass release of illegals INTO the country (then claiming they all were sent away) - 23% approval rating of border handling
* Complete abortion of a supply chain. Broken on so many levels and getting worse - ships piling up in LA, Long Beach, Seattle, and every other major port - directly resulting in massive oil spill from a supply ship's anchor tearing up a pipeline on the ocean floor
* Fake White House set
* Actors used in place of normal children for VP publicity stunt, produced by CANADIAN company called The Sinking Ship (how apropo)
* Ill-advised vaccine mandate shuts down/fucks up air travel massively as pilots/airline employees revolt
* Pissed off England
* France now hates us

Let's Go, Brandon.
Let's be honest - nobody on the Right should care that he's pissed off Allies...he's just continuing a his predecessors tradition.

But, the supply chain was broken long before him. Perhaps if Biden rolled back those Trump Tariffs, there may be some relief (but then again, we'd miss out on that sweet sweet money those higher tariffs are bringing in.) And is he to blame for murders and people not getting vaccinated or the death rate in general?
Tariffs aren't preventing the ships from docking. That's just a retarded explanation. And yes, he's responsible. He badmouthed the vaccines before he became president and the left's hypocrisy in all things COVID-related has undermined their position at every turn. He (and his ilk) fanned the flames of police hatred, causing mass retirements/quitting on police forces across the country and hundreds and hundreds of police positions unfilled, not to mention their brilliant dollar limit on crimes that allows people to just take whatever the fuck they want and KNOW they're not going to get arrested or prosecuted--too busy having what police are left arrest those who won't wear a mask.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:34 pm

Tariffs aren't preventing the ships from docking. That's just a retarded explanation. And yes, he's responsible. He badmouthed the vaccines before he became president and the left's hypocrisy in all things COVID-related has undermined their position at every turn. He (and his ilk) fanned the flames of police hatred, causing mass retirements/quitting on police forces across the country and hundreds and hundreds of police positions unfilled, not to mention their brilliant dollar limit on crimes that allows people to just take whatever the fuck they want and KNOW they're not going to get arrested or prosecuted--too busy having what police are left arrest those who won't wear a mask.
No kidding. There are literally dozens of container ships sitting off of every west coast port and somehow it's the tariffs doing it? Weakest narrative yet. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:32 pm
89Hen wrote:
OK Mr Excusie-cuse.
Is it an excuse or highlighting that anyone who criticizes Biden for pissing off allies that defended, downplayed or deflected from Trump pissing off allies is a hypocrite?
Not really. Biden was running on stuff like making allies like us. Trump never cared about allies liking us, in fact he ran on making them pay their share which everyone knew would piss them off. So who failed? :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:32 pm Is it an excuse or highlighting that anyone who criticizes Biden for pissing off allies that defended, downplayed or deflected from Trump pissing off allies is a hypocrite?
Not really. Biden was running on stuff like making allies like us. Trump never cared about allies liking us, in fact he ran on making them pay their share which everyone knew would piss them off. So who failed? :coffee:
So the problem isn't Biden pissing off our allies, it's Biden being full of shit about something he campaigned on - getting along with our allies better. Then it's similar to Trump's whole "we'll build a wall and Mexico will pay for it."

All politicians are full of sh!t, let's call them all out for it regardless of party or ideology.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:07 pm
89Hen wrote:
So the problem isn't Biden pissing off our allies, it's Biden being full of shit about something he campaigned on - getting along with our allies better. Then it's similar to Trump's whole "we'll build a wall and Mexico will pay for it."

All politicians are full of sh!t, let's call them all out for it regardless of party or ideology.

Speaking of which….did you catch Pelosi’s presser yesterday?

Ooof.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:07 pm
89Hen wrote:

He at least was building the wall. So he got 50%.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:07 pm So the problem isn't Biden pissing off our allies, it's Biden being full of shit about something he campaigned on - getting along with our allies better. Then it's similar to Trump's whole "we'll build a wall and Mexico will pay for it."

Ooof.
I’m not sure if the reporters who were there “caught it”

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/10/13 ... da-n422039

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:07 pm
kalm wrote:

Ooof.

She actually lost her cool at one. But yes…politicians don’t like it when the media doesn’t do their job for them.

That said, I haven’t seen recent polling to suggest the public disagrees all that much with the agenda.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:37 pm

She actually lost her cool at one. But yes…politicians don’t like it when the media doesn’t do their job for them.

That said, I haven’t seen recent polling to suggest the public disagrees all that much with the agenda.
That's what you're going with? :? :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:20 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:07 pm So the problem isn't Biden pissing off our allies, it's Biden being full of shit about something he campaigned on - getting along with our allies better. Then it's similar to Trump's whole "we'll build a wall and Mexico will pay for it."

Ooof.
I thought her best line of the presser was the...
Whether they (sic - the public) know it or not, they overwhelmingly support it.
That's right up there with the we'll find out what's in the bill once we pass it. Why they keep electing her as Speaker is beyond me.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

We'll the polling doesn't get into the nuance. I'm sure every poll will reflect well if you ask people if they want something and not have to pay for it. The nuance comes when you have to pay for these things you thought were going to be free.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think Biden would be fine if he could get the infrastructure and "Build Back Better" initiatives though. I think that, for better or for worse, both of those are supported by substantial majorities of the US voters. The actual policies, I mean.

The problem is that Democrats are now in a circular firing squad and that could very well keep them from scoring a huge political win.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:06 pm

We'll the polling doesn't get into the nuance. I'm sure every poll will reflect well if you ask people if they want something and not have to pay for it. The nuance comes when you have to pay for these things you thought were going to be free.
I actually think the HotAir article is being inaccurate in suggesting that the polling doesn't support the initiatives. I think the polling suggests the opposite. I think that if you just let the American People vote directly on accepting or rejecting both of the initiatives they would vote to accept both of them.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:39 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:32 pm Is it an excuse or highlighting that anyone who criticizes Biden for pissing off allies that defended, downplayed or deflected from Trump pissing off allies is a hypocrite?
Trump failed. He alienated us from our allies. He destroyed respect for us around the world. We elected an idiot. We lost credibility. Biden didn't run on making allies like us. He ran on making them trust us as reliable. There is a limit to what he can do in that regard because we showed, by virtue of electing somebody like Trump, that it may not be possible to trust us.

Like right now. I guarantee you, the worry of the rest of the world isn't Biden. It's worry about whether or not there are still enough idiots n our population to end up with a situation where Trump or somebody like him is President again.
Could I ever be a star?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

* Fake White House set
* Pissed off England
* France now hates us

Let's Go, Brandon.

Well his party is for the soaring murder rate (Biggest % increase in FBI’s annual UCR ever). Look at which party runs the big cities where these huge increases in murder rates are occurring. They’re the ones who in 2020 passed all the defund and handcuff the police measures.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:

I'll give him 5% - 1% for saying he was going to build the wall, 4% because a small portion got built and 0% for getting Mexico to pay for it. As usual, he was 95% full of sh!t.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:13 am * France now hates us
actual lol.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:40 pm
89Hen wrote:
I'll give him 5% - 1% for saying he was going to build the wall, 4% because a small portion got built and 0% for getting Mexico to pay for it. As usual, he was 95% full of sh!t.

The amount built is infinity greater than that built during Biden or Obama’s presidencies.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12