Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:22 pm FAA grounds all flights NATIONWIDE this morning due to some systems failure, in the biggest grounding since 9/11, resulting in thousands of cancelled and delayed flights. Not to worry though, I'm sure Buttijudge is on it.
Maybe Congress will give the FAA some money to modernize thir decades-old systems. Even a Republican Congress can't be against modernizing something so important. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:26 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:22 pm FAA grounds all flights NATIONWIDE this morning due to some systems failure, in the biggest grounding since 9/11, resulting in thousands of cancelled and delayed flights. Not to worry though, I'm sure Buttijudge is on it.
Maybe Congress will give the FAA some money to modernize thir decades-old systems. Even a Republican Congress can't be against modernizing something so important. :coffee:
Or find another way to fund it. Simply more government spending isn't always the best option, especially for the long term.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:37 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:26 am

Or find another way to fund it. Simply more government spending isn't always the best option, especially for the long term.
Its going to be the public paying however you fund it.

Off topic but related to airlines - there are a few places in the Pacific Islands where airlines are experimenting with a ticket price that is calculated using the weight of you and what your travelling with. Seems fair
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:49 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:37 am

Off topic but related to airlines - there are a few places in the Pacific Islands where airlines are experimenting with a ticket price that is calculated using the weight of you and what your travelling with. Seems fair
Yep. But good luck getting your fellow lefties to go along with that, you fat shamer.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:25 am

Yep. But good luck getting your fellow lefties to go along with that, you fat shamer.
I bet its coming for all air travel. Makes a perfectly sensible to spread the cost of fuel according to who uses it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:33 pm
I bet its coming for all air travel. Makes a perfectly sensible to spread the cost of fuel according to who uses it.
They would need to have a standard charge when the flight is booked and a weight surcharge at the airport so people would have a rough idea of how much their flight would cost when they made their reservations.
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:26 am Maybe Congress will give the FAA some money to modernize thir decades-old systems. Even a Republican Congress can't be against modernizing something so important. :coffee:
Why should the cost of fuel be spread "according to those who use it" but the cost of modernizing old systems should be born by all taxpayers?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:59 pm

They would need to have a standard charge when the flight is booked and a weight surcharge at the airport so people would have a rough idea of how much their flight would cost when they made their reservations.
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:26 am Maybe Congress will give the FAA some money to modernize thir decades-old systems. Even a Republican Congress can't be against modernizing something so important. :coffee:
Why should the cost of fuel be spread "according to those who use it" but the cost of modernizing old systems should be born by all taxpayers?
I didn't say it should be, I said it will be. The two are not the same. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

or come up with an all inclusive $/lb. number that you can use when you book to get a close enough figure until you get to the terminal and get on the scale
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden gives huge boost to Chinese mining, chooses to make the US more dependent on foreign minerals.
On Sunday, the U.S. Department of the Interior and the U.S. Department of Agriculture under President Biden announced the 20-year withdrawal of more than 225,000 acres of northern Minnesota forest land, which is home to some of the largest domestic mineral reserves.

According to the House Committee on Natural Resources, this ban includes the Twin Metals mine, which taps into vast domestic supplies of minerals like copper and nickel that are necessary for renewable energy, computer systems, defense applications and essential household products.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/bi ... ower-china
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:37 pm Biden gives huge boost to Chinese mining, chooses to make the US more dependent on foreign minerals.
On Sunday, the U.S. Department of the Interior and the U.S. Department of Agriculture under President Biden announced the 20-year withdrawal of more than 225,000 acres of northern Minnesota forest land, which is home to some of the largest domestic mineral reserves.

According to the House Committee on Natural Resources, this ban includes the Twin Metals mine, which taps into vast domestic supplies of minerals like copper and nickel that are necessary for renewable energy, computer systems, defense applications and essential household products.
Your article leaves out the fact that Twin Metals is a Chilean subsidiary for some reason.

https://www.twin-metals.com/meet-twin-m ... tofagasta/
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:22 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:37 pm Biden gives huge boost to Chinese mining, chooses to make the US more dependent on foreign minerals.

Your article leaves out the fact that Twin Metals is a Chilean subsidiary for some reason.

https://www.twin-metals.com/meet-twin-m ... tofagasta/
Still far better to have the minerals extracted in America by a Chilean subsidiary than have to buy from Communist China metals extracted in China, or in Africa by Chinese owned companies.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:13 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:32 am
A Start
IRS on the chopping block on first day of legislative work under Speaker McCarthy
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA168MDt
Good. Adding more agents without fixing the tax code is just a waste of money.
Who really believes that the 87K agents will focus on the wealthy? The wealthy are difficult targets, they can afford accountants and attornies. The middle class and below are more likely to just pay additional taxes and fines to avoid the hassle.

Don't believe me?

Why will people who've sold goods or conducted a business service and collected payment through Venmo, PayPal, Cash App, Square, Stripe, Etsy, or eBay receive a 1099-K Payment Card and have that income reported to the IRS?

Portland area preschool taxes and predatory tactics
But before the April 18, 2022 deadline for paying those taxes, neither Metro nor the county could be bothered to send out reminders about tax measures that passed at least 18 months earlier. They relied instead on what they described as “extensive” outreach by the city of Portland to area employers and tax preparers.

That outreach never registered at TurboTax. That Intuit software was in the dark about the Metro and preschool taxes. So were the many employers who never heard about the county’s withholding requirements.
Do I trust the government to focus on the wealthy, to be ethical in notifying and collecting taxes, to put the revenue toward what it was intended? No, I trust the government to act like a loan shark who loaned money to a family member and is now threatening to brake my legs if I don't pay.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Thank you, President Biden

U.S. reports blowout job growth; unemployment lowest since 1969
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-job ... 023-02-03/
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Airlines aren't run by lefties, Lee Roy. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:21 pm Thank you, President Biden

U.S. reports blowout job growth; unemployment lowest since 1969
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-job ... 023-02-03/
158.866 employed Feb 2020 in a population of about 331 million
160,138 employed Jan 2023 in a population of about 334.3 million
https://beta.bls.gov/dataViewer/view/ti ... NS12000000

Would need to have about 160.5 million employed to have the same labor force participation rate as had right before Covid hit. Are 300-400k employed short of that.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Spreading the cost of fuel according to how much is burned per passenger is so obvious as to not require explanation even here.

I never said the cost of modernization "should" be born by all taxpayers. I said it "will" be born by all taxpayers - big difference, Z. :roll:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Least viewed SOTU speeches of the last 30 years:
2021 Biden
2023 Biden
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/biden ... r-AA17izq5

For comparison:
2023 Biden 27.3 million/334 million US population (8% of population).
1993 Clinton 66 million/259 million US population (25% of population).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Delusional left was slobbing Biden's knob. Ex CNN's Wolf Blitzer:
"I have heard President Biden going back to his 36 years in the U.S. Senate...I've gotten to know him a bit. I think this was the best speech I have ever heard him deliver. He was passionate, it was extremely well-written...a powerful message.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/02/08 ... rs-n700682
https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... 1d8004793d
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:44 pm Delusional left was slobbing Biden's knob. Ex CNN's Wolf Blitzer:
"I have heard President Biden going back to his 36 years in the U.S. Senate...I've gotten to know him a bit. I think this was the best speech I have ever heard him deliver. He was passionate, it was extremely well-written...a powerful message.

His impish grandpa game is strong.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:44 pm Delusional left was slobbing Biden's knob. Ex CNN's Wolf Blitzer:

Too bad they missed the schoolin' he put on them. I do feel better about the security of my SS check now.

Way to go, Mighty Joe!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Exhibit A of why you shouldn’t do diversity hires because they check multiple boxes...Oh Canadia! And she certainly knew going into the interview the #1 topic would be these UFOs, and she was stumbling and fumbling all over the place..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:47 pm Exhibit A of why you shouldn’t do diversity hires because they check multiple boxes...Oh Canadia! And she certainly knew going into the interview the #1 topic would be these UFOs, and she was stumbling and fumbling all over the place..
She's ready to be Governor of Arkansas. :D
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:03 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:47 pm Exhibit A of why you shouldn’t do diversity hires because they check multiple boxes...Oh Canadia! And she certainly knew going into the interview the #1 topic would be these UFOs, and she was stumbling and fumbling all over the place..
She's ready to be Governor of Arkansas. :D
She couldn't hold a candle to Huckabee, or frankly to Psaki. Psaki aka Little Red Lying Hood was very competent and good at her job- she would have made Goebbels proud. St Pierre is terrible, but the WH can't fire her, at least not yet, because she checks 3 identity politics diversity boxes. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:49 pm 3 UVA football plyers killed by ex player with a HANDGUN. White House response:
Too many families across America are bearing the awful burden of gun violence.But we must do more. We need to enact an assault weapons ban to get weapons of war off America’s streets.
3 Mich St students killed by a guy with a HANDGUN. In response Biden today starts talking about wanting to ban modern sporting rifles that he like to call 'assault weapons'.. :dunce:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The Race Baiter in Chief trying to inflame black/white racial divisions