Biden’s Scorecard

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:39 pm The Race Baiter in Chief trying to inflame black/white racial divisions
In a roundabout way he's not wrong:
  • Has trump discussed bringing back hangings, firing squads and the guillotine?
  • Is the percentage of black people convicted of violent crimes disproportionately higher than their percentage of the population?
  • If trump brings back hangings, are blacks more likely to be hung than whites?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:01 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:39 pm The Race Baiter in Chief trying to inflame black/white racial divisions
  • Is the percentage of black people convicted of violent crimes disproportionately higher than their percentage of the population?
Well, lynching still means no legal trial. I've never been a Trump guy, and I try not to listen to him or read anything about him, but has he been advocating doing away with criminal trials? Maybe Joe is tossing this in with the whole Jim Crow 2.0 that's going on right now, you know, where everyone has more access to the voting systems. :coffee: With that said, there are always going to be some people in favor of doing this. We generally call those folks criminals.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Hint: ‘Rolling Stone’ and ‘anonymous unamed source’ = Fake News
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Biden’s Scorecard

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:33 pm

Are you saying he hasn't even brought up bringing back hangings, firing squads or the guillotine? Multiple outlets say otherwise.

Ganny's differentiating between hangings and lynchings was a much stronger argument/point.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:48 pm

Are you saying he hasn't even brought up bringing back hangings, firing squads or the guillotine? Multiple outlets say otherwise.

Ganny's differentiating between hangings and lynchings was a much stronger argument/point.
All reporting from the same story originating from an unamed source. If you want people to believe it, put a name to the source.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:14 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:48 pm

All reporting from the same story originating from an unamed source. If you want people to believe it, put a name to the source.
That is a common journalistic practice. I get the distrust of the media because many have shown that they're biased but there are good reasons for journalists not to name sources.

You want the journalists to name their sources and I want trump to provide real evidence that the 2020 election was stolen or shut his piehole. Unfortunately, we're both going to be disappointed.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:15 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:14 am
That is a common journalistic practice. I get the distrust of the media because many have shown that they're biased but there are good reasons for journalists not to name sources.

You want the journalists to name their sources and I want trump to provide real evidence that the 2020 election was stolen or shut his piehole. Unfortunately, we're both going to be disappointed.
And there are good reasons for people to not believe and call Fake News reports based on anonymous sources.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:05 pm

And there are good reasons for people to not believe and call Fake News reports based on anonymous sources.
And there are good reasons for people to not believe or trust the 45th President of the United States of America
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:05 pm

Dominion voting systems agrees with you here.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:05 pm And there are good reasons for people to not believe and call Fake News reports based on anonymous sources.
Dominion voting systems agrees with you here.
The only anonymous source trump had was his own yuge ego telling him he didn’t lose, the election had to be stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Remember Biden’s 1.2 trillion so call ‘infrastructure’ bill (that mostly wans’t about real infrastructure) that was going to be about buying ‘Made in America’ Yeah! Well according to the liberal WaPo, it isn’t gling so well.
This awkward dynamic spilled into public view this month, when the U.S. Department of Transportation denied a request by the nation’s ports to use federal infrastructure funds to purchase imported dock cranes, trucks, boat lifts and similar equipment, after industry officials argued that no domestic manufacturers exist for them.

In particular, while some smaller cargo-handling units are made in the United States, all of the electric models that support the administration’s climate goals are made overseas, according to the American Association of Port Authorities.

The infrastructure legislation includes broader requirements for the use of American-made construction materials, including copper, drywall, and fiber-optic cables, in federally funded projects.

The administration this month issued new guidance for determining whether substances and manufactured products used on such projects qualify as “made-in-the-USA” and solicited public comments about numerous specifics. With the approach of the spring construction season,

Biden’s push to boost domestic production is clashing with the reality that some materials are not available from U.S. sources in the amount of time required, according to groups representing the agencies that manage projects and the industries that build them….

….State and local transportation officials fear they will be unable to obtain adequate supplies of the reflective glass beads used to make safety striping for highway pavement. And materials for high-speed rail systems are almost entirely made in Japan or Europe, according to the summary of meetings last year between top DOT officials and industry representatives.
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/0 ... he-n705972
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Well clearly the US Border and East Palestine, OH haven’t.. :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Credit card debt higher than savings for record percentage of Americans
Inflation has driven U.S. credit card debt to record highs

In survey results released Thursday by Bankrate, more than one-third, 36%, of U.S. adults reported that their credit card debt outweighs their emergency savings. That is the highest level recorded since the poll launched 12 years ago, and it is a marked increase from 22% in 2022 and 27% in 2022.

Nearly half of respondents, 49%, said they have either less money in emergency savings or none at all compared to a year ago, according to the findings. Twenty-six percent reported that they have more savings than in 2022, and one-quarter said their savings are at roughly the same point they were 12 months earlier....
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/cre ... -us-adults
Mortgage rates climb for third week on threat of sticky inflation
The benchmark 30-year rate rose to 6.50%

The average rate on a 30-year fixed mortgage rose to 6.5% on Thursday from 6.32% last week, according to mortgage buyer Freddie Mac. A year ago, the average rate was 3.89%.

The 15-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 5.76%, up from last week when it averaged 5.51%. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.14%....
https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-estate ... -inflation
US housing market sees $2.3T drop in value, biggest since 2008
Home values plunged by 4.9% in second half of 2022, Redfin report shows
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/us- ... ggest-2008
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

6/9/21:
President Joe Biden signed an executive order Wednesday revoking a Trump-era order aimed at banning TikTok, the popular video app, as well as WeChat and eight other communications and financial technology software applications.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... w-n1270133

Yesterday:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said Tuesday it backs a bill in Congress to give the Biden administration new powers to ban Chinese-owned video app TikTok and other foreign technologies that could pose security threats…
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA18kUar

So I guess it was bad when Trump did it something something..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

And Biden’s 6.9 trillion bloated budget is DOA in the House..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Mayorkas incapable of answering a simple yes/no question, and instead tries to spin and obfuscate. Yet the Chief of the Border Patrol Raul Ortiz, was capable of anwering the same simple yes/no questions. It it just me, or does it appear that people in uniform usually appear more capable of answering simple yes/no questions with a simple yes or no, and not the obfuscation, than people in suits? Maybe Ortiz should be made Sec of Homeland Security.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden proposes cutting the federal budget 168 billion (which would be 10+% of discretionary spending). Wow, never thought I’d see the day. But how does he plan to do that whill still paying Ukraine 100 billion?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

OPEC+/individual members are reducing oil output by 1.1to 1.6ish million barrels/day.

The administration has released a strongly worded condemnation of this act. SPR releases are probably imminent, unless has been emptied already.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

It was Ivermectin and a UV light up your ass
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden’s FBI. Absolute fucking clowns. FBI should be hit with a MASSIVE lawsuit over this, and the whole supervisory chain of command involved should be fired.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-handcuff ... g-exercise
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

And history repeats itself.
A little-noticed revamp of federal rules on mortgage fees will offer discounted rates for home buyers with riskier credit backgrounds — and force higher-credit homebuyers to foot the bill, The Post has learned.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will enact changes to fees known as loan-level price adjustments (LLPAs) on May 1 that will affect mortgages originating at private banks nationwide, from Wells Fargo to JPMorgan Chase, effectively tweaking interest rates paid by the vast majority of homebuyers.

The result, according to industry pros: pricier monthly mortgage payments for most homebuyers — an ugly surprise for those who worked for years to build their credit, only to face higher costs than they expected as part of a housing affordability push by the US Federal Housing Finance Agency.

“It’s going to be a challenge trying to explain to somebody that says, ‘I worked my whole life for high credit and I’ve put a lot of money down and you’re telling me that’s a negative now?’ That’s a hard conversation to have,” one worried Arizona-based mortgage loan originator told The Post.

“It’s unprecedented,” added David Stevens, who served as Federal Housing Administration commissioner during the Obama administration. “My email is full from mortgage companies and CEOs [telling] me how unbelievably shocked they are by this move.”
https://nypost.com/2023/04/16/how-the-u ... od-credit/
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:51 pm And history repeats itself.
A little-noticed revamp of federal rules on mortgage fees will offer discounted rates for home buyers with riskier credit backgrounds — and force higher-credit homebuyers to foot the bill, The Post has learned.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will enact changes to fees known as loan-level price adjustments (LLPAs) on May 1 that will affect mortgages originating at private banks nationwide, from Wells Fargo to JPMorgan Chase, effectively tweaking interest rates paid by the vast majority of homebuyers.

The result, according to industry pros: pricier monthly mortgage payments for most homebuyers — an ugly surprise for those who worked for years to build their credit, only to face higher costs than they expected as part of a housing affordability push by the US Federal Housing Finance Agency.

“It’s going to be a challenge trying to explain to somebody that says, ‘I worked my whole life for high credit and I’ve put a lot of money down and you’re telling me that’s a negative now?’ That’s a hard conversation to have,” one worried Arizona-based mortgage loan originator told The Post.

“It’s unprecedented,” added David Stevens, who served as Federal Housing Administration commissioner during the Obama administration. “My email is full from mortgage companies and CEOs [telling] me how unbelievably shocked they are by this move.”
Going to do wonders for the housing market as mortgage rates continue their upward climb. Prime example of why Fannie and Freddie need to be abolished. The fed govt needs to get out of the mortgage business.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:58 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:51 pm And history repeats itself.

Going to do wonders for the housing market as mortgage rates continue their upward climb. Prime example of why Fannie and Freddie need to be abolished. The fed govt needs to get out of the mortgage business.
It is voter pandering and vote buying is all that it is.

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Just for fun, here is a relatively recent historians' ranking of US Presidents and it's the first one to include Biden:

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/presid ... orst-best/

FDR is top ranked (1), Andrew Johnson brings up the rear (45).

Biden is 19th. Trump is 43rd. So Biden is rated better than average. Trump not so much.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came