Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: We Need a New President...

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:47 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:55 pm

Do tell….. :coffee:
Have you reversed your stance on the 2008 bank bailouts? Do you have a level playing field with B of A?

(Sorry Ibanez :mrgreen: )
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x you bastard!!!! We're 'Merica's bank!!!!!!!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

LeadBolt wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:47 am Yes. He should have sat down and shut up.

His problem was personality, not governing.

Trump is an awful person. He ruled however with relatively good policies and outcomes for the country.

Income inequity was shrinking, unemployment plummeted, we achieved energy independence and a growing economy.

Foreign governments didn’t want to screw with the USA, we weren’t being overwhelmed with illegal, COVID riddled immigrants, etc.

We did however have to put up with his intense narcissism, thin skin and mean tweets.

If he had just STFU and carried on, the USA would be in a better place today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he had just STFU, he probably would've won re-election. He certainly wouldn't have stirred up the crazy's on the extreme right into a frenzy.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
LeadBolt wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:47 am Yes. He should have sat down and shut up.

Trump is an awful person. He ruled however with relatively good policies and outcomes for the country.

Income inequity was shrinking, unemployment plummeted, we achieved energy independence and a growing economy.

Foreign governments didn’t want to screw with the USA, we weren’t being overwhelmed with illegal, COVID riddled immigrants, etc.

We did however have to put up with his intense narcissism, thin skin and mean tweets.

If he had just STFU, he probably would've won re-election. He certainly wouldn't have stirred up the crazy's on the extreme right into a frenzy.
It boggles the min how nobody in MAGA world is the least bit pissed at him. HE cost himself the election just by being a fucking shitgibbon

And now Biden is doing his best to hand another term to the guy

We just do not have serious people at all

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:43 pm
Ibanez wrote:
It boggles the min how nobody in MAGA world is the least bit pissed at him. HE cost himself the election just by being a fucking shitgibbon

You can't tell MAGA world anything. Trump was like Jesus walking on water. It was a multi-party failure.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:46 pm

You can't tell MAGA world anything. Trump was like Jesus walking on water. It was a multi-party failure.
I’m sure y’all understand that for every MAGAtard, there was another voter who simply plugged their nose and couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Biden, yes? But we still get lumped in….
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:03 pm
I’m sure y’all understand that for every MAGAtard, there was another voter who simply plugged their nose and couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Biden, yes? But we still get lumped in….
Like many of us that voted for Biden....yet wet we still get lumped in...
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Trump was never seen as Jesus walking on water. He was and still is seen as a big "fuck you" to the corrupt establishment. When he was elected in 2016, I knew I made the right choice because the worst people in the country and the world lost their shit.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:33 pm
Trump was never seen as Jesus walking on water. He was and still is seen as a big "fuck you" to the corrupt establishment. When he was elected in 2016, I knew I made the right choice because the worst people in the country and the world lost their shit.
Hyperbole - I figured you'd recognize it by now.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Trump was establishment. He admitted as much in one of the 2016 debates. He understood the game and knew how to play it.

Unless you think our government somehow operates outside of business.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:38 pm

Trump was establishment. He admitted as much in one of the 2016 debates. He understood the game and knew how to play it.

Eh, that just doesn't ring well. Trump certainly knew how the establishment worked and how to work it to his own ends, but he certainly wasn't part of the Establishment - he'd still be in office if he was.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:58 pm

Eh, that just doesn't ring well. Trump certainly knew how the establishment worked and how to work it to his own ends, but he certainly wasn't part of the Establishment - he'd still be in office if he was.
Yep. :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Only to be one-upped when the other half of the "worst people in the country" completely lost their shit 4 years later.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

:nod:

The flip side of that is the gullible fools who believed (and still believe) that Trump was going to drain the Swamp. Trump was a crooked as a 3 dollar bill and he wanted 100% of the grift for himself and his family and friends. The ball-licking adoration of the MAGAts was a YUGE bonus.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Agree to disagree. I don’t see big business and big government as different. You can’t manipulate government without access. Trump had plenty of access even if he’d never held office.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Agree to disagree. I don’t see big business and big government as different. You can’t manipulate government without access. Trump had plenty of access even if he’d never held office.
If you can't see the difference between government and business, even though they work together to many common goals, then I don't know what you're looking at. There are political establishment folks who maintain their very public positions of governmental power, taking money from the business establishment as needed to further both interests, and then there are the business establishment that make a lot of money but don't necessarily play the public game.

If Trump was so establishment then there wouldn't have been such an outcry when he was elected and there wouldn't have been the collective initiative to either impeach him out or elect him out. Look at what Biden, a pure establishment person, has done in his first term and the collective yawn from the establishment. If Trump had the similar woeful record in his first 7 months there'd be non-stop protests surrounding the White House and multiple committees drafting impeachment articles.

You could of course be confusing Trump the person (as I said, knew how the establishment worked) with the forces that voted him in and buoyed him throughout his term. He may have at one point in time been establishment, but he certainly didn't preside as one. The evidence of the Establishment going full-out to defeat him is all the proof you need.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:33 pm When he was elected in 2016, I knew I made the right choice because the worst people in the country and the world lost their shit.
:nod: :nod: :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:37 pm
CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:33 pm When he was elected in 2016, I knew I made the right choice because the worst people in the country and the world lost their shit.
:nod: :nod: :nod:
:clap:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Maybe you should sit this one out. Go grab a drink of water.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:58 pm

He’s so establishment, he’s a goddamned Yankees fan.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:20 pm
CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:58 pm

Giuliani, Drumpf, Bloomberg, Clinton, Torre. Who’s the dude on the right?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Trump did not govern well. The unemployment rate had been "plummeting" since 2010. The rate of decline actually slowed after Trump took office. It's reasonable to say it slowed because it was getting so low and not because of Trump. But Trump was clearly not the reason for the declining unemployment rate. Same with income inequality and energy independence. Trump did not do those things. To the extent that any President is a factor, Trump simply took the steering wheel from the previous President and trends that were already well established continued for a while.

Foreign governments were not at all afraid to screw with the USA. Trump was a buffoon and foreign governments knew it. They constantly played him.

This thing that Trump "caused" any good times is a complete myth. At some point people need to stop repeating it. Meanwhile he totally corrupted our systems of government then did an AWUFL job responding to COVID-19. Before that he and the Republicans did a tax cut while making the false claim that it would not decrease the deficit.

The guy was horrible. He is going to go down in history as one of the worst Presidents the United States ever had and my guess it'll be THE worst to this point.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:28 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:20 pm

Giuliani, Drumpf, Bloomberg, Clinton, Torre. Who’s the dude on the right?
Are you serious? That’s Billy Crystal.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:26 pm

Trump did not govern well. The unemployment rate had been "plummeting" since 2010. The rate of decline actually slowed after Trump took office. It's reasonable to say it slowed because it was getting so low and not because of Trump. But Trump was clearly not the reason for the declining unemployment rate. Same with income inequality and energy independence. Trump did not do those things. To the extent that any President is a factor, Trump simply took the steering wheel from the previous President and trends that were already well established continued for a while.

Foreign governments were not at all afraid to screw with the USA. Trump was a buffoon and foreign governments knew it. They constantly played him.

This thing that Trump "caused" any good times is a complete myth. At some point people need to stop repeating it. Meanwhile he totally corrupted our systems of government then did an AWUFL job responding to COVID-19. Before that he and the Republicans did a tax cut while making the false claim that it would not decrease the deficit.

The guy was horrible. He is going to go down in history as one of the worst Presidents the United States ever had and my guess it'll be THE worst to this point.
When something is approaching zero, it’s bound to slow…unless you believe it could go negative? And given your lack of understanding of economic principles, you probably DO think it could go negative.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:16 pm

I think that business and government are VERY different. I don't think one should want to have someone with no experience in government as President than they should want to have someone with no experience in business be Exxon CEO. I think they are completely different realms.

Business is driven by the profit motive. Government is not. A Government executive is constrained by rules that a private business executive is not; and I think rightly so.

I have always completely disagreed with the popular notion that government should be run like a business and that a businessman would make a good government chief executive. Government is NOT a business.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:30 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:26 pm

When something is approaching zero, it’s bound to slow…unless you believe it could go negative? And given your lack of understanding of economic principles, you probably DO think it could go negative.

I wrote that it's reasonable to say that the unemployment rate slowed because it was getting so low and not because of Trump. But the point is there is no indication that the trend towards lower unemployment was because of Trump either. I won't repeat the numbers again because we've been over them many time. But the unemployment rate had been declining for many years after peaking in 2010. The start of the trend did not coincide in any way with Trump taking office. No sensible person looking at the data would say Trump was the reason for the fact that the unemployment rate "plummeted."
Could I ever be a star?