AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Disgraceful

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:07 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:49 am

He says, while typing on his Apple phone or his iPad or his Mac computer, while wearing his Nikes and a nice soft T-shirt, all made in China.

So you’re PROUD of the ending, huh? I’m betting you wouldn’t think that if it was YOUR relatives who were there in Kabul, watching the last plane (and any hope of not ending up at the end of a noose or in sexual slavery) fly off into the sunset.
I haven't bought anything made in China for about 3 years now.

It's not that much more money to find non-Chinese goods. Just takes a little more effort. US-made is preferred as well.

I also don't buy a lot of things in general (friends call me a minimalist but I don't think I am in the truest sense). I like to save and spend on quality goods which last a lifetime.
Splitting hairs, aren’t you? So you don’t buy from Korea, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, etc, etc.,? They ALL use slave labor.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:59 am
Would you like to speak to the half of my family from Palestine, who were brutally driven out of their homes, who fled to Lebanon, who found refuge in America? Some of them are still alive and I'm sure you can argue what genocide is to the people who saw their friends and family killed for simply existing.
Ironically the exact reason Muslims attack Israel. For existing.
From the Hamas Charter ...
Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.
To obliterate Israel, you have to obliterate the people of Israel. How are those who defend or deflect for Hamas not supporting genocide?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:43 am I've seen what makes Americans cheer.

I'm highly proud of the end of the Afghanistan saga. It was a Herculean effort which saved 120,000 people. Considering how messy the war was for 20 years, and how many innocent people the US killed for decades, this is a better outcome than I thought.

And I'm not buying the sympathy considering how much Americans look the other way to the awful things for their own benefit. They'll continue to support Israel's decades long genocide, they'll continue to buy cheap products from slave labor in China, they'll keep selling arms which end up in the hands of terrorists, they'll continue to vote to turn away refugees at the border who end up dying like the man above.

I think the further we get from the airlift, it'll be remembered more for the people it saved than died...one of those things we write good things about in the history books. For once, a President fulfilled their promise and people will realize twenty years of death and destruction wasn't going to end cleanly.
Thinking the Taliban and ISIS are 'innocent people' certainly is a strange take, especially considering Biden just ginsued an innocent family of 10 in retaliation for the suicide bombing at HKI.

You complain about "selling arms which end up in the hands of terrorists", but thinks Biden "fulfilled their promise" by handing over $80,000,000,000 worth of munitions to the Taliban. Then again, you think the Taliban are "innocent people".

The 'airlift' will be remembered for what it was, one of the worst foreign policy disasters in this country's history.

Oh, one more thing...Palestine is and never has been a country.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:36 pm

Ironically the exact reason Muslims attack Israel. For existing.
From the Hamas Charter ...
Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.
To obliterate Israel, you have to obliterate the people of Israel. How are those who defend or deflect for Hamas not supporting genocide?
Jut another gigantic hole in trip’s logic…. :lol: :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

He says, while typing on his Apple phone or his iPad or his Mac computer, while wearing his Nikes and a nice soft T-shirt, all made in China.

So you’re PROUD of the ending, huh? I’m betting you wouldn’t think that if it was YOUR relatives who were there in Kabul, watching the last plane (and any hope of not ending up at the end of a noose or in sexual slavery) fly off into the sunset.

It's not that much more money to find non-Chinese goods. Just takes a little more effort. US-made is preferred as well.

I also don't buy a lot of things in general (friends call me a minimalist but I don't think I am in the truest sense). I like to save and spend on quality goods which last a lifetime.
I’m calling bullshit on that. You can claim minimalist all you want, but you’re not living off the grid out in the country or wilderness. Its’ virtually impossible to not buy anything made in China, or with some parts made in China, for 3 months, much less 3 years.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

It's noble but i'm guessing it's quite impossible. Clothing is an increasingly easy industry to buy American. But I don't think you can 100% avoid it w/o some sacrifices.

About 75% of all cellphones in the US are made in china. HP, Lenovo, Dell, Apple computers are made in China. I bet you the semi conductor in your car is from China.

And then are the companies you buy from w/o even considering if they have a Chinese investor.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:30 pm

Splitting hairs, aren’t you? So you don’t buy from Korea, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, etc, etc.,? They ALL use slave labor.
Vietnam. :coffee: With billions in Chinese investment.

A buddy and I had a similar conversation the other day. People over here get in a tizzy over the labor costs in the SE Asian w/o considering that the standard of living is so much lower, that what seems to be pennies to us makes a huge difference to those people. In Manilla, people living on $65k (avg starting salary) live better than people here making over 6 figures. At least, that's what I've heard from direct reports in Manilla. I bet CID has a great perspective.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:28 pm

It's noble but i'm guessing it's quite impossible. Clothing is an increasingly easy industry to buy American. But I don't think you can 100% avoid it w/o some sacrifices.

About 75% of all cellphones in the US are made in china. HP, Lenovo, Dell, Apple computers are made in China. I bet you the semi conductor in your car is from China.

And then are the companies you buy from w/o even considering if they have a Chinese investor.
No doubt, but it's something. I know certain components are manufactured in China and you can't fully avoid any one nation in a globalized economy, but I'll stick with avoiding anything labeled "Made in China." As a consumer, it's the least I can do.

And yeah...clothing is one of the easiest things to buy American or fair-trade.

That said, I'm also lucky and can afford to pay a little more. I won't disparage anyone who needs cheap goods, but it'd be nice to see others who can also afford it making an effort. It's genuinely not as difficult as people think.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:31 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:30 pm

Vietnam. :coffee: With billions in Chinese investment.

A buddy and I had a similar conversation the other day. People over here get in a tizzy over the labor costs in the SE Asian w/o considering that the standard of living is so much lower, that what seems to be pennies to us makes a huge difference to those people. In Manilla, people living on $65k (avg starting salary) live better than people here making over 6 figures. At least, that's what I've heard from direct reports in Manilla. I bet CID has a great perspective.
hell, it’s why so many military vets become expats in the PI.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:31 pm Vietnam. :coffee: With billions in Chinese investment.

hell, it’s why so many military vets become expats in the PI.
Dude…that’s no lie. I know a USMC vet who has had 2 wives from Manila and built a house there. You can live like a king and the women elate bred to serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Tell us how you really feel, Mrs. Chappell. :lol:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

It really must suck to be inconvenienced by the bodies of people you had killed.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Exclusive: Before Afghan collapse, Biden pressed Ghani to ‘change perception’

WASHINGTON, Aug 31 (Reuters) - In the last call between U.S. President Joe Biden and his Afghanistan counterpart before the Taliban seized control of the country, the leaders discussed military aid, political strategy and messaging tactics, but neither Biden nor Ashraf Ghani appeared aware of or prepared for the immediate danger of the entire country falling to insurgents, a transcript reviewed by Reuters shows.

The men spoke for roughly 14 minutes on July 23. On August 15, Ghani fled the presidential palace, and the Taliban entered Kabul. Since then, tens of thousands of desperate Afghans have fled and 13 U.S. troops and scores of Afghan civilians were killed in a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport during the frenetic U.S. military evacuation.

Reuters reviewed a transcript of the presidential phone call and has listened to the audio to authenticate the conversation. The materials were provided on condition of anonymity by a source who was not authorized to distribute it.

In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan. “We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is,” Biden said. Days before the call, the U.S. carried out air strikes to support Afghan security forces, a move the Taliban said was in violation of the Doha peace agreement.

https://www.reuters.com/world/exclusive ... 021-08-31/
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

93henfan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:33 pm It really must suck to be inconvenienced by the bodies of people you had killed.

The guy has been a lying, worthless POS for 50+ years. And anybody with a brain knew it. But he doesn't say mean things.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:43 pm But he doesn't say mean things.
Yeah. He's presidential for sure!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

So in his presser today, Biden said that he wasn't going to let America's forever war continue.

It made me wonder why, if that was what was important, then why didn't he convince Obama to pull out in Obama's first term after they took out Bin Laden? After all, that was Bush's reason for going in: to get Bin Laden, the mastermind of 9/11, wipe out Al Qaeda, and the Taliban that had enabled them.

What in the world possessed Biden to continue to support the war for five more years under Obama, if OBL was dead, Al Qaeda was toast, the Taliban was in tatters, and he didn't want a forever war?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:52 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 pm I'm not falling for the crocodile tears, especially from the likes of BDK (who has a history of deriding Muslims). Where was he here?

I won't let any of you re-write history either.

I remember the users who made money off war, I remember the users who cheered Muslim bans, I remember the comments about turning entire nations into glass. I'm not going to sit here and let the same people cry about how much they care now to score political points.

If you genuinely gave a sh*t, you'd have acted like it before this month. But no, people voted for closing the borders, voted cuts to the Department of State (America first!), voted knowing the military would be expanded, and voted knowing wars would continue in the name of "defense."

The above video is sad, but a consequence of America's obsession with military imperialism and war-profiteering.
Trip - I give you a lot of leeway man but from this post i'm not sure you understand what the aggravation really is about. I've seen all over Facebook and Twitter, people saying they don't understand the problem and equate anger and frustration with wanting to continue the war. It has zero to do with continuing the war. It's not that we were leaving. We are happy to be gone. We've wasted too much blood and treasure over there.

It's the bungled mess of a withdrawal which has endangered the lives of people that were working with us. Our retreat was disorganized and disorderly and people died because of it. People will die because of it. That's the issue.
That, and add on an incompetent administration that keeps lying to us when real-time videos tell us the opposite is happening from what they are telling us.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:06 pm So in his presser today, Biden said that he wasn't going to let America's forever war continue.

It made me wonder why, if that was what was important, then why didn't he convince Obama to pull out in Obama's first term after they took out Bin Laden? After all, that was Bush's reason for going in: to get Bin Laden, the mastermind of 9/11, wipe out Al Qaeda, and the Taliban that had enabled them.

What in the world possessed Biden to continue to support the war for five more years under Obama, if OBL was dead, Al Qaeda was toast, the Taliban was in tatters, and he didn't want a forever war?
I wonder if Trips has a response to this valid question. :popcorn:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:42 pm Exclusive: Before Afghan collapse, Biden pressed Ghani to ‘change perception’

WASHINGTON, Aug 31 (Reuters) - In the last call between U.S. President Joe Biden and his Afghanistan counterpart before the Taliban seized control of the country, the leaders discussed military aid, political strategy and messaging tactics, but neither Biden nor Ashraf Ghani appeared aware of or prepared for the immediate danger of the entire country falling to insurgents, a transcript reviewed by Reuters shows.

The men spoke for roughly 14 minutes on July 23. On August 15, Ghani fled the presidential palace, and the Taliban entered Kabul. Since then, tens of thousands of desperate Afghans have fled and 13 U.S. troops and scores of Afghan civilians were killed in a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport during the frenetic U.S. military evacuation.

Reuters reviewed a transcript of the presidential phone call and has listened to the audio to authenticate the conversation. The materials were provided on condition of anonymity by a source who was not authorized to distribute it.

In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan. “We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is,” Biden said. Days before the call, the U.S. carried out air strikes to support Afghan security forces, a move the Taliban said was in violation of the Doha peace agreement.

https://www.reuters.com/world/exclusive ... 021-08-31/
Interesting read. So the Afghan government/defense were too incompetent to come up with a counter strategy to the Taliban offensive, and the Biden* admin only cared about the optics.

Also the fact that these transcripts were leaked....hhmmm....
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:43 pm
93henfan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:33 pm It really must suck to be inconvenienced by the bodies of people you had killed.

The guy has been a lying, worthless POS for 50+ years. And anybody with a brain knew it. But he doesn't say mean things.
Biden completely blew this but let's not act like all Trump did was say and tweet mean things. Trump has also been a lying POS for 50+ years.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 pm

Biden completely blew this but let's not act like all Trump did was say and tweet mean things. Trump has also been a lying POS for 50+ years.
88 in a nutshell. :roll: :

Butdonksbutconksbutdonksbutconksbutdonksbutconks….
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:06 pm So in his presser today, Biden said that he wasn't going to let America's forever war continue.

That's a great question. He was probably overruled by Obama and Pentagon brass at the time - that is if he voiced any concern at all.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Dude.. Don't be an ass. You know those early bird specials get full pretty quickly. If you aren't seated in the first 30 minutes, you're screwed! :mrgreen:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 pm

I didn't say anything about Trump. :coffee:

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Numerous Republicans, including Sen. Ted Cruz and Rep. Dan Crenshaw of Texas, promoted a false claim on Monday and Tuesday that the Taliban had just executed a man by hanging him from a helicopter.

Cruz and Crenshaw, among other conservatives, shared a video that had been tweeted by a self-described "comedian" who goes by the Twitter handle @Holbornlolz. The video, which was somewhat blurry, showed a man dangling from a rope attached to a helicopter. The "comedian" inaccurately captioned the video: "Taliban hanging someone from a helicopter in Kandahar."

Facts First: Nobody was executed on the Kandahar helicopter flight depicted in the viral videos. Other footage shows that the man dangling from the helicopter was wearing a harness around his body, not a noose around his neck, and that he was moving freely -- even appearing to wave.

CNN could not immediately confirm what exactly the man in the harness was doing. But Bilal Sarwary, an Afghan journalist who fled the country in the evacuation of late August, tweeted on Tuesday: "Afghan pilot flying this is someone I have known over the years. He was trained in the US and UAE, he confirmed to me that he flew the Blackhawk helicopter. Taliban fighter seen here was trying to install Taliban flag from air but it didn't work in the end."[/quote

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/afg ... index.html

:coffee: