Disgraceful

Political discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Disgraceful

Post by Ivytalk »

Yesterday’s presser will prove to be Slimy Joe’s “Mission Accomplished” moment.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:41 am Yesterday’s presser will prove to be Slimy Joe’s “Mission Accomplished” moment.
Heck, at least with Bush's we genuinely felt we had done something at that point. In this case, we know we failed, we know that we failed miserably, and yet we still try to spin it into a resounding victory. Bush's celebration was premature, Biden's is just pathologically delusional. I thought he was just senile, but it's possible it's even worse than that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:36 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:41 am Yesterday’s presser will prove to be Slimy Joe’s “Mission Accomplished” moment.
Heck, at least with Bush's we genuinely felt we had done something at that point. In this case, we know we failed, we know that we failed miserably, and yet we still try to spin it into a resounding victory. Bush's celebration was premature, Biden's is just pathologically delusional. I thought he was just senile, but it's possible it's even worse than that.
His combative tone was icing on the cake. He is looking and acting more and more like Jeff Dunham's "Walter" puppet every day.

phpBB [video]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

And the spin is in moving into full gear now.

CNN front page: Texas bans most abortions (7 links to same story), January 6 committee, CDC unvaxed, Caldor Fire...
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:56 am

His combative tone was icing on the cake. He is looking and acting more and more like Jeff Dunham's "Walter" puppet every day.

phpBB [video]
The angry tone is just the senility taking over - he seems genuinely upset if these things run over time and interferes with nap time. Even with Jill at his side during the Dover ceremonies he couldn't strike the right pose and even act the part accordingly.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:28 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 pm
Biden completely blew this but let's not act like all Trump did was say and tweet mean things. Trump has also been a lying POS for 50+ years.
I didn't say anything about Trump. :coffee:
Sorry, I took the "but he doesn't say mean things" as a reference to Trump.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:11 am And the spin is in moving into full gear now.

CNN front page: Texas bans most abortions (7 links to same story), January 6 committee, CDC unvaxed, Caldor Fire...
At least some of the beefier media outlets weighed in. Both WaPo and WSJ editorial boards disemboweled Biden yesterday. It was particularly shocking to see WaPo go after a blue politician in this millennium.

WaPo: "This is a moral disaster, one attributable not to the actions of military and diplomatic personnel in Kabul — who have been courageous and professional, in the face of deadly dangers — but to mistakes, strategic and tactical, by Mr. Biden and his administration."

WSJ: "President Biden’s defiant, accusatory defense on Tuesday of his Afghanistan withdrawal and its execution was so dishonest, and so lacking in self-reflection or accountability, that it was unworthy of the sacrifices Americans have made in that conflict. The charitable interpretation is that this is what Mr. Biden really believes about Afghanistan in particular, war in general, and how to defend the U.S. The uncharitable view is that he and his advisers have decided that the only way out of this debacle is to lie about it, blame everyone else, and claim that defeat is really a victory. Neither one is reassuring about Mr. Biden’s character, his judgment, or—most ominously—the long three-and-a-half years left in his Presidency."
Last edited by 93henfan on Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:18 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:11 am And the spin is in moving into full gear now.

At least some of the beefier media outlets weighed in. Both WaPo and WSJ editorial boards disemboweled Biden yesterday. It was particularly shocking to see WaPo go after a blue politician in this millennium.
It's good to see that those MSM partisan hacks will criticize their own...
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:19 am
93henfan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:18 am

No, that's 89's point. CNN is covering for him, as they always do.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:20 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:19 am

No, that's 89's point. CNN is covering for him, as they always do.
CNN is covering, i was referring to the editiorials you outlined.

In fact...CNNs homepages is Texas, COVID, January 6 and Lake Tahoe. There are 2 articles on Afghanistan (which really, what more can be said at this moment). I think Jake Tapper has said what a failure it's been but i'm not sure how pervasive that sentiment is.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

You have to dig around but they do have some critical opinions on Biden.

BUt you have go searching for them.
President Joe Biden has instigated a crisis in Afghanistan that could leave American citizens, as well as many Afghans who helped the United States, trapped there -- tarnishing the Biden administration and potentially recalling the Iranian hostage stand-off that dramatically weakened the presidency of Jimmy Carter.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/28/opinions ... index.html
A President unwilling to admit the withdrawal could have been handled better
Biden's decision to set a date for withdrawal was the boldest and riskiest of his presidency so far. And while he accepted a kind of general responsibility for everything, he accepted responsibility for nothing specific.
At times seemingly defensive and annoyed while defending the withdrawal, the President sought to shift the responsibility instead to just about everyone else. Biden referred to the peace deal signed in Doha, Qatar, last year between his predecessor's administration and the Taliban as if he had no choice but to respect it. He also blamed the response of Afghan national security defense forces, which he erroneously estimated at 300,000 troops when the data has been deemed questionable even by a US watchdog. He also criticized former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani for fleeing the country, the untrustworthy and unreliable Taliban that he intends to hold accountable, and critics who he rightly believes do not grasp the true costs of a continued "low-grade" deployment.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/31/opinions ... index.html

There isn't much. :) :)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

No worries, Ganny. Trip is a proud American right now.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:53 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 pm
Biden completely blew this but let's not act like all Trump did was say and tweet mean things. Trump has also been a lying POS for 50+ years.
88 in a nutshell. :roll: :

Butdonksbutconksbutdonksbutconksbutdonksbutconks….
Am I wrong? Has Trump not been a lying POS for 50+ years?

Why is it that character, principles, and integrity only matter when it's the other guy that doesn't have them?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 am There are 2 articles on Afghanistan (which really, what more can be said at this moment).
:suspicious: What more can be said about one of the most botched events in the world, but they can still find plenty to say about Jan 6?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:40 am

Why is it that character, principles, and integrity only matter when it's the other guy that doesn't have them?
And the Hildabeast has been a lying cheating POS for the past 50 years. Your point?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:41 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 am There are 2 articles on Afghanistan (which really, what more can be said at this moment).
:suspicious: What more can be said about one of the most botched events in the world, but they can still find plenty to say about Jan 6?
I agree with you. There's an obvious bias and they're choosing a story over another.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

89Hen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:41 am
:lol:

The insurrection that wasn't. :dunce:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Let the Cover up Begin: Biden Officials Erased Afghan Weapons Reports From Fed Websites
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/09 ... es-n436392
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Not my point. When a poster takes one position, you frequently point out the failings of that position, whether left or right. It’s your somewhat endearing m.o. You remind me of the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz when he points one arm in each direction and says “People do go both ways!”
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:07 am

Not my point. When a poster takes one position, you frequently point out the failings of that position, whether left or right. It’s your somewhat endearing m.o. You remind me of the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz when he points one arm in each direction and says “People do go both ways!”
:lol:

It is. Four years ago, Jelly was calling out my "but Hillary" posts, now my "but Trump" posts are called out by nationalist/populist Republicans.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:43 am

And the Hildabeast has been a lying cheating POS for the past 50 years. Your point?
Absolutely, Hildamort might be the worst of the lot when it comes to being a lying, cheating POS.

My point is that neither side has the moral high ground to criticize the other because they look the other way when it's their person who's the POS. A year ago Trip was criticizing Trump for a multitude of reasons while BDKaren defended and deflected for Trump. Now BDKaren is criticizing Biden while Trip defends and deflects. It's humorous how both believe that their cause is righteous and that they will be vindicated and victorious in the long run.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:22 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:43 am

Absolutely, Hildamort might be the worst of the lot when it comes to being a lying, cheating POS.

My point is that neither side has the moral high ground to criticize the other because they look the other way when it's their person who's the POS. A year ago Trip was criticizing Trump for a multitude of reasons while BDKaren defended and deflected for Trump. Now BDKaren is criticizing Biden while Trip defends and deflects. It's humorous how both believe that their cause is righteous and that they will be vindicated and victorious in the long run.
Biden is responsible for the withdrawal. So are the generals. So is Trump. Both parties are responsible for a pointless 20 years of feeding the beast. Both parties are responsible for the rise of the Taliban.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:50 am

Biden is responsible for the withdrawal. So are the generals. So is Trump. Both parties are responsible for a pointless 20 years of feeding the beast. Both parties are responsible for the rise of the Taliban.
Oh yeah…and the WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, WSJ, Federalist and Fox all suck too.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:52 am

Oh yeah…and the WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, WSJ, Federalist and Fox all suck too.
That’s some neg-head downer shit right there, kalmie!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Sure but ultimately ...