CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Re: Disgraceful

Post by CitadelGrad »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:22 pm
CitadelGrad wrote:In addition to leaving thousands of Americans behind, the DoD ordered that all military working dogs be left behind.

They were left in cages at the Kabul airport.

That better not be true. I hope it isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's true. Those dogs are almost certainly already dead or will be soon.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 pm I'm not falling for the crocodile tears, especially from the likes of BDK (who has a history of deriding Muslims). Where was he here?

I won't let any of you re-write history either.

I remember the users who made money off war, I remember the users who cheered Muslim bans, I remember the comments about turning entire nations into glass. I'm not going to sit here and let the same people cry about how much they care now to score political points.

If you genuinely gave a sh*t, you'd have acted like it before this month. But no, people voted for closing the borders, voted cuts to the Department of State (America first!), voted knowing the military would be expanded, and voted knowing wars would continue in the name of "defense."

The above video is sad, but a consequence of America's obsession with military imperialism and war-profiteering.
Trip - I give you a lot of leeway man but from this post i'm not sure you understand what the aggravation really is about. I've seen all over Facebook and Twitter, people saying they don't understand the problem and equate anger and frustration with wanting to continue the war. It has zero to do with continuing the war. It's not that we were leaving. We are happy to be gone. We've wasted too much blood and treasure over there.

It's the bungled mess of a withdrawal which has endangered the lives of people that were working with us. Our retreat was disorganized and disorderly and people died because of it. People will die because of it. That's the issue.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:22 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:22 pm
That better not be true. I hope it isn’t.

It's true. Those dogs are almost certainly already dinner or will be soon.
FYP
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:18 pm The last evac flight has left Afghanistan and the final inventory of weapons/equipment left behind is in…

How many of those are operable?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 pm I'm not falling for the crocodile tears, especially from the likes of BDK (who has a history of deriding Muslims). Where was he here?

I won't let any of you re-write history either.

I remember the users who made money off war, I remember the users who cheered Muslim bans, I remember the comments about turning entire nations into glass. I'm not going to sit here and let the same people cry about how much they care now to score political points.

If you genuinely gave a sh*t, you'd have acted like it before this month. But no, people voted for closing the borders, voted cuts to the Department of State (America first!), voted knowing the military would be expanded, and voted knowing wars would continue in the name of "defense."

The above video is sad, but a consequence of America's obsession with military imperialism and war-profiteering.
Trip - I give you a lot of leeway man but from this post i'm not sure you understand what the aggravation really is about. I've seen all over Facebook and Twitter, people saying they don't understand the problem and equate anger and frustration with wanting to continue the war. It has zero to do with continuing the war. It's not that we were leaving. We are happy to be gone. We've wasted too much blood and treasure over there.

It's the bungled mess of a withdrawal which has endangered the lives of people that were working with us. Our retreat was disorganized and disorderly and people died because of it. People will die because of it. That's the issue.
Its a dumb straw man argument and Biden uses it every time he hears criticisms over the way the last few months in Afghanistan were handled

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:25 am
Ibanez wrote: Trip - I give you a lot of leeway man but from this post i'm not sure you understand what the aggravation really is about. I've seen all over Facebook and Twitter, people saying they don't understand the problem and equate anger and frustration with wanting to continue the war. It has zero to do with continuing the war. It's not that we were leaving. We are happy to be gone. We've wasted too much blood and treasure over there.

Its a dumb straw man argument and Biden uses it every time he hears criticisms over the way the last few months in Afghanistan were handled

It is.

Here's a cheat sheet for the board "progressives":

Withdrawal from Afghanistan
- Good! It's 10 years too late but finally! YAY! Biden gets credit for this (it did happen during his admin.)
How the withdraw was executed - Disaster. Unacceptable. We couldn't have destroyed/ made inoperable those guns, munitions, gunships, vehicles, etc.. People are going to be murdered b/c of us and we let Gov't Red Tape get in the way. Biden has full blame for this

Cheat sheet if you STILL don't get it:

Withdrawal - :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap:
How the withdrawal was executed - :dunce: :dunce: :tothehand: :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :protesst: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :rip: :rip: :rip: :wall: :wall: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :facepalm:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:42 am

It is.

Here's a cheat sheet for the board "progressives":

Withdrawal from Afghanistan
- Good! It's 10 years too late but finally! YAY! Biden gets credit for this (it did happen during his admin.)
How the withdraw was executed - Disaster. Unacceptable. We couldn't have destroyed/ made inoperable those guns, munitions, gunships, vehicles, etc.. People are going to be murdered b/c of us and we let Gov't Red Tape get in the way. Biden has full blame for this

Cheat sheet if you STILL don't get it:

Withdrawal - :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap:
How the withdrawal was executed - :dunce: :dunce: :tothehand: :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :protesst: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :rip: :rip: :rip: :wall: :wall: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :facepalm:
The Left in a nutshell:

As people were getting crushed dying in that filthy ditch at the airport gate and getting blown to pieces by Taliban suicide bombers.
*This was Trump's deal he negotiated with the Taliban, it's his fault*

When the last American plane took off from the Kabul airport stranding 100's of Americans trying to get out.
*Thank you President Biden for getting us out of Afghanistan*

Same people. :silly:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Trip - I give you a lot of leeway man but from this post i'm not sure you understand what the aggravation really is about. I've seen all over Facebook and Twitter, people saying they don't understand the problem and equate anger and frustration with wanting to continue the war. It has zero to do with continuing the war. It's not that we were leaving. We are happy to be gone. We've wasted too much blood and treasure over there.

Biden should fire Psaki and hire Tripz as his flak.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:37 am
BDKJMU wrote:Psaki: “No Amerocans are stranded in Afghanistan.”
:suspicious: :dunce:

That was an in your face arrogant lie.

Well apparently Psaki didn’t get the memo, or the Pentagon spokesman didn’t. Apparently American’s are stranded in Kabul.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Shocking video shows man hanging below Black Hawk flown by Taliban

Shocking footage appears to show the Taliban flying seized US Black Hawk helicopters over Afghanistan — including with someone hanging below one from a rope.

“Our Air Force!” Talib Times — which claims to be the English-language official account of the Taliban-run Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan — gloated on Monday.

“At this time, the Islamic Emirate’s air force helicopters are flying over Kandahar city and patrolling the city,” the tweet said.

In one clip, someone is clearly seen hanging below the chopper as it hovers in the sky. However, it is not immediately clear exactly how he is attached or if he is alive, and the Talib Times made no mention of it.

Some journalists insisted that it showed someone who had been hanged — and then paraded in the skies.

“Another landmark picture taking the world in a new era of terror,” tweeted Indian TV host Sudhir Chaudhary, the editor-in-chief of Zee News and WION.

“Taliban hang a person, presumed to be an American interpreter, from a U.S. Blackhawk helicopter. The leftover US helicopters will now be used in #Afganistan like this,” Chaudhary predicted.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/31/video-sho ... y-taliban/
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:05 am Shocking video shows man hanging below Black Hawk flown by Taliban

Shocking footage appears to show the Taliban flying seized US Black Hawk helicopters over Afghanistan — including with someone hanging below one from a rope.

“Our Air Force!” Talib Times — which claims to be the English-language official account of the Taliban-run Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan — gloated on Monday.

“At this time, the Islamic Emirate’s air force helicopters are flying over Kandahar city and patrolling the city,” the tweet said.

In one clip, someone is clearly seen hanging below the chopper as it hovers in the sky. However, it is not immediately clear exactly how he is attached or if he is alive, and the Talib Times made no mention of it.

Some journalists insisted that it showed someone who had been hanged — and then paraded in the skies.

“Another landmark picture taking the world in a new era of terror,” tweeted Indian TV host Sudhir Chaudhary, the editor-in-chief of Zee News and WION.

“Taliban hang a person, presumed to be an American interpreter, from a U.S. Blackhawk helicopter. The leftover US helicopters will now be used in #Afganistan like this,” Chaudhary predicted.

You see Trip...this is why the rushed and botched retreat is so upsetting. That person (and their family) could've gotten out of America had done its job. :ohno: :ohno:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

I guess we’ll need to revive the “Religion of Peace” thread soon.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Family members of the US Marines killed in last week’s suicide terror attack at the Kabul airport are slamming President Biden for his behavior at the dignified transfer ceremony over the weekend — with one Gold Star father accusing the commander-in-chief of “the most disrespectful thing I’ve ever seen” as he repeatedly looked at his watch during the ceremony.

Darin Hoover, the father of Marine Staff Sgt. Taylor Hoover, told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that Biden checked his watch every single time a flag-draped coffin was removed from the hold of the Air Force C-17 Globemaster plane during Sunday’s ceremony at Dover Air Force Base in the president’s home state of Delaware.

“They would release the salute and he looked down at his watch on every last one,” Hoover said. “All 13, he looked down at his watch.”

Mark Schmitz — whose 20-year-old son, Marine Lance Cpl. Jared Schmitz, died in the attack — corroborated Hoover’s story.
https://nypost.com/2021/08/31/biden-bla ... emony/amp/
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:11 am
HI54UNI wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:05 am Shocking video shows man hanging below Black Hawk flown by Taliban

You see Trip...this is why the rushed and botched retreat is so upsetting. That person (and their family) could've gotten out of America had done its job. :ohno: :ohno:
I've seen what makes Americans cheer.

I'm highly proud of the end of the Afghanistan saga. It was a Herculean effort which saved 120,000 people. Considering how messy the war was for 20 years, and how many innocent people the US killed for decades, this is a better outcome than I thought.

And I'm not buying the sympathy considering how much Americans look the other way to the awful things for their own benefit. They'll continue to support Israel's decades long genocide, they'll continue to buy cheap products from slave labor in China, they'll keep selling arms which end up in the hands of terrorists, they'll continue to vote to turn away refugees at the border who end up dying like the man above.

I think the further we get from the airlift, it'll be remembered more for the people it saved than died...one of those things we write good things about in the history books. For once, a President fulfilled their promise and people will realize twenty years of death and destruction wasn't going to end cleanly.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:43 am

I'm highly proud of the end of the Afghanistan saga. It was a Herculean effort which saved 120,000 people. Considering how messy the war was for 20 years, and how many innocent people the US killed for decades, this is a better outcome than I thought.

And I'm not buying the sympathy considering how much Americans look the other way to the awful things for their own benefit. They'll continue to support Israel's decades long genocide, they'll continue to buy cheap products from slave labor in China, they'll keep selling arms which end up in the hands of terrorists, they'll continue to vote to turn away refugees at the border who end up dying like the man above.

I think the further we get from the airlift, it'll be remembered more for the people it saved than died...one of those things we write good things about in the history books.
You just proved you have no clue what genocide is.

And no, the history books will rightfully remember Biden’s withdrawl as one of the worst FP disasters in US history.. :nod:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:49 am

I think the further we get from the airlift, it'll be remembered more for the people it saved than died...one of those things we write good things about in the history books.

And no, the history books will rightfully remember Biden’s withdrawl as one of the worst FP disasters in US history.. :nod:
Would you like to speak to the half of my family from Palestine, who were brutally driven out of their homes, who fled to Lebanon, who found refuge in America? Some of them are still alive and I'm sure you can argue what genocide is to the people who saw their friends and family killed for simply existing.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

I think the further we get from the airlift, it'll be remembered more for the people it saved than died...one of those things we write good things about in the history books. For once, a President fulfilled their promise and people will realize twenty years of death and destruction wasn't going to end cleanly.
How is what Israel is doing genocide? And what about Palestinian responsibility for their situation?

Why do Biden & Democrats more easily accept refugees from Mexico and Central America than they do refugees from Cuba and Afghanistan? Could it be that it has nothing to do with compassion? That those refugees are more likely to vote D than refugees from Cuba or Afghanistan?

Don't delude yourself into thinking the Democratic Party has the moral high ground. They're as calloused and manipulative as the Republican Party.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I know they're not, thus why I'd like to primary all the neolibs.

But we are a (flawed) democracy and unfortunately things take time. The Dems don't have a moral high ground, although it's higher than the GOPs, but some of us are pushing them to get there and return to being a better party for the working class.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:13 am I know they're not, thus why I'd like to primary all the neolibs.

But we are a (flawed) democracy and unfortunately things take time. The Dems don't have a moral high ground, although it's higher than the GOPs, but some of us are pushing them to get there and return to being a better party for the working class.
What about the missplaced morals of Regressives like AOChe, Talib, Omar, etc. who want to blame Israel for the plight of Palestinians while giving Hamas a pass? Who ignore the suffering of people in socialist regimes like Cuba and Venezuela because it doesn't fit their agenda. The people you support are just as flawed and biased as the neo-libs, MAGAts, etc. I'm not sure anyone in power has the moral high ground.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:59 am

Would you like to speak to the half of my family from Palestine, who were brutally driven out of their homes, who fled to Lebanon, who found refuge in America? Some of them are still alive and I'm sure you can argue what genocide is to the people who saw their friends and family killed for simply existing.
Driving people fron their land, and some dying duing in the process, isn’t genocide.

1945-1947 (late WWII amd the 1st 2 years or so after) the Soviets drove 12 million Germans from the then eastern 1/4 of Germany (what is now mostly Poland, with some Russian and Czech). They did similar with Poland- annexed the eastern part to the Ukraine. Poland shifted left and got a little smaller, Germany got way smaller. It was the largest forced migration of people I believe in world history. A lot died. It wasn’t genocide.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

He says, while typing on his Apple phone or his iPad or his Mac computer, while wearing his Nikes and a nice soft T-shirt, all made in China.

So you’re PROUD of the ending, huh? I’m betting you wouldn’t think that if it was YOUR relatives who were there in Kabul, watching the last plane (and any hope of not ending up at the end of a noose or in sexual slavery) fly off into the sunset.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:59 am

Ironically the exact reason Muslims attack Israel. For existing.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:49 am

He says, while typing on his Apple phone or his iPad or his Mac computer, while wearing his Nikes and a nice soft T-shirt, all made in China.

So you’re PROUD of the ending, huh? I’m betting you wouldn’t think that if it was YOUR relatives who were there in Kabul, watching the last plane (and any hope of not ending up at the end of a noose or in sexual slavery) fly off into the sunset.
I haven't bought anything made in China for about 3 years now.

It's not that much more money to find non-Chinese goods. Just takes a little more effort. US-made is preferred as well.

I also don't buy a lot of things in general (friends call me a minimalist but I don't think I am in the truest sense). I like to save and spend on quality goods which last a lifetime.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:13 am I know they're not, thus why I'd like to primary all the neolibs.

Why don’t you emigrate to Venezuela, Tripz? A worker’s paradise. NorKor is all full up.