Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Critical Race Theory

Post by CID1990 »

JSO’s favorite fact checker gets it mostly wrong when they go after Winsome Sears over CRT claims

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/01/25/ ... ng-n443959

If it’s just history, I wonder why teachers need equity training.

300k over 2 years… no wonder

“History” sho has turned into big business hasn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:45 pm JSO’s favorite fact checker gets it mostly wrong when they go after Winsome Sears over CRT claims

How is this video not supposed to make a white person, especially a male, feel that they are inherently bad?

Leveling the playing field should be about helping people rise not tearing other people down.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:54 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:44 pm

Pig fucking? That's North Carolina. :tothehand:
Yeah, they fvck their sisters in South Carolina. :oops: ;)
The pig fucking is in Iowa it looks like.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/194 ... -and-pigs/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:08 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:45 pm JSO’s favorite fact checker gets it mostly wrong when they go after Winsome Sears over CRT claims

How is this video not supposed to make a white person, especially a male, feel that they are inherently bad?

Leveling the playing field should be about helping people rise not tearing other people down.
I am now dumber for watching the first 40 seconds of that video. Thanks, fucker. :tothehand: :tothehand:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:31 pm

I am now dumber for watching the first 40 seconds of that video. Thanks, fucker. :tothehand: :tothehand:
Kalm says that you have to watch it at least once every day and twice on Sundays. It will help you understand how privileged you are, no matter how hard your family had to work and scratch to get by when you were a kid. :D
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Nevermind that... think about teaching it to 9 year olds.

It's insidious. And weakly defended by klam, et al.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:44 pm

Nevermind that... think about teaching it to 9 year olds.

It's insidious. And weakly defended by klam, et al.
I probably should have said child not person. Shaming a 9 y/o is deplorable.

It is insidious and people believe it with a religious passion.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Why start in “inequality” in 1492? Slavery has been going on since man formed living groups. Slavery, oppression, war, conquering, rinse and repeat for about the last 15,000 years. Literally EVERY race on the planet has been enslaved at one point or another. It wasn’t some magical thing Christopher Columbus thought of in 1492. Indians did it to captives from different tribes—long before White men got there. Africans did it to captives from different tribes—and then sold them to the White slave traders for a nice profit. The English did it to the Irish. Rome did it to literally anyone they defeated in battle. Muslims did it to Christians. 99% of White Americans start out at about the same spot as minorities these days….lord knows MY family didn’t run laps around minorities for 400 years accumulating wealth before the minorities were allowed to start….nor did the vast majority of Americans currently alive.

Videos like this are created by idiots living in liberal thought bubbles where they’ve never gotten outside their own little self affirmation circle and looked at the vast majority of Americans and how they grew up and where they come from. Instead they’d rather blame the nuclear family, etc., etc. as being part of the PROBLEM, rather than part of the solution. It ain’t rocket science. A 2-parent family solves about 90% of the problem….if a 2-parent family isn’t part of your culture, then CHANGE YOUR FUCKING CULTURE. Don’t blame the cultures that DO encourage and promote 2-parent families.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Doesn't completely belong here, but it's along the same lines and IMO is a very important precedent (even though it's coming from someone with no authority beyond their sphere).

https://thehockeynews.com/news/echl-sus ... -of-season
The ECHL has reached a verdict on the Jacob Panetta incident, announcing on Thursday that the league has suspended the former Jacksonville Icemen forward for the remainder of the regular season, which will ultimately total 38 games.

The decision comes after Panetta made a racial gesture towards South Carolina Stingrays defenseman Jordan Subban during Saturday's contest between the two teams, leading to a massive brawl. The Icemen released Panetta the next day.

Panetta has since posted a video to his personal Twitter account, which was reactivated after he initially deleted it immediately following the incident, saying that his gesture was not racially-motivated and instead was intended to mimic a weight lifter.

Nevertheless, the ECHL has made it abundantly clear that such actions are unacceptable.
IMO this is not only overreaction, it's dangerous.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/202 ... en-player/
Diversity consultants say they agree with the league’s findings that words and actions should be judged by the effect they have rather than the intent behind them.

During a fight on the ice, Panetta puffed out his arms and moved his shoulders up and down. He said it was meant to be a “tough guy bodybuilder” gesture. But the player on the receiving end, Jordan Subban, saw the gesture as a racist imitation of a monkey.
First, "diversity consultants".... :rofl: Yeah, no agenda there. If we are now guilty because of how something is perceived as racist rather than intended, we're screwed. It reminds me of all the comments on social media over Jackson State and Deion snagging the #1 overall recruit. If you say anything that asks why he would choose a school that is not in the top 300 universities in the country, not in the top 10 HBCU's in the country, not in the top 100 in D1 football... the comments come flying "Yall be racist.". So everyone who questions the #1 recruit going to JSU could/should obviously be banned from FB.

I think this story is far from over.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

89Hen wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:23 am Doesn't completely belong here, but it's along the same lines and IMO is a very important precedent (even though it's coming from someone with no authority beyond their sphere).

The ECHL has reached a verdict on the Jacob Panetta incident, announcing on Thursday that the league has suspended the former Jacksonville Icemen forward for the remainder of the regular season, which will ultimately total 38 games.

The decision comes after Panetta made a racial gesture towards South Carolina Stingrays defenseman Jordan Subban during Saturday's contest between the two teams, leading to a massive brawl. The Icemen released Panetta the next day.

Panetta has since posted a video to his personal Twitter account, which was reactivated after he initially deleted it immediately following the incident, saying that his gesture was not racially-motivated and instead was intended to mimic a weight lifter.

Nevertheless, the ECHL has made it abundantly clear that such actions are unacceptable.

Diversity consultants say they agree with the league’s findings that words and actions should be judged by the effect they have rather than the intent behind them.

During a fight on the ice, Panetta puffed out his arms and moved his shoulders up and down. He said it was meant to be a “tough guy bodybuilder” gesture. But the player on the receiving end, Jordan Subban, saw the gesture as a racist imitation of a monkey.
First, "diversity consultants".... :rofl: Yeah, no agenda there. If we are now guilty because of how something is perceived as racist rather than intended, we're screwed. It reminds me of all the comments on social media over Jackson State and Deion snagging the #1 overall recruit. If you say anything that asks why he would choose a school that is not in the top 300 universities in the country, not in the top 10 HBCU's in the country, not in the top 100 in D1 football... the comments come flying "Yall be racist.". So everyone who questions the #1 recruit going to JSU could/should obviously be banned from FB.

Wait, black people play hockey? :shock: ;)

I agree with you. An overreaction and a very slippery slope to go down. :ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:23 am Doesn't completely belong here, but it's along the same lines and IMO is a very important precedent (even though it's coming from someone with no authority beyond their sphere).

I wonder how the diversity consultants would apply their "words and actions should be judged by the effect they have rather than the intent behind them" if Player A call Player B a racially derogatory term and Player B punches Player A and starts a brawl:
a) What if Player A was white, Player B was black and the racially derogatory term was the N word?
b) What if Player A was black, Player B was white and the racially derogatory term was Cracker?

Would the approach be consistent?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Diversity consulting is BIG business these days. Government and companies pay top dollar to show they’re “doing something” … and diversity training is the gift that just keeps on giving because it never ends.

And for the first time, it is a “do something” response to something that is not only a non-crisis, it is a purely invented non-crisis.

I have to admit, it’s brilliant.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:32 am I wonder how the diversity consultants would apply their "words and actions should be judged by the effect they have rather than the intent behind them" if Player A call Player B a racially derogatory term and Player B punches Player A and starts a brawl:
a) What if Player A was white, Player B was black and the racially derogatory term was the N word?
b) What if Player A was black, Player B was white and the racially derogatory term was Cracker?

Would the approach be consistent?
How about if Player A calls Player B a known derogatory term, but Player B doesn't give a shit? Then it's OK according to their standard.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

“Many adherents of CRT deny that it's taught to primary education students, and the mainstream media have been quick to line up behind such claims.”

https://reason.com/2022/01/31/critical- ... alifornia/

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:00 pm “Many adherents of CRT deny that it's taught to primary education students, and the mainstream media have been quick to line up behind such claims.”

Examples of CRT being taught in schools continue to bubble to the surface.

Still need proof Kalm?

And I loved the "refers to capitalism as a form of power and oppression alongside white supremacy and racism," Let's destroy the engine that helped make this country great and replace it with a failed approach.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:22 pm
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:00 pm “Many adherents of CRT deny that it's taught to primary education students, and the mainstream media have been quick to line up behind such claims.”

Examples of CRT being taught in schools continue to bubble to the surface.

Still need proof Kalm?

And I loved the "refers to capitalism as a form of power and oppression alongside white supremacy and racism," Let's destroy the engine that helped make this country great and replace it with a failed approach.
Hell, he still thinks ANTIFA is an “idea” and nothing more.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CrT iS nOt TaUgHt In ScHoOlS

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Critical Race Theory

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:CrT iS nOt TaUgHt In ScHoOlS

This is nothing but Marxist class struggle rebranded and repackaged for modern consumption.

That’s the answer to question #3 in the graphic.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:22 pm Examples of CRT being taught in schools continue to bubble to the surface.

Still need proof Kalm?
He's too far down the road defending that stance. He's like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:53 am

Wait, black people play hockey? :shock: ;)

I agree with you. An overreaction and a very slippery slope to go down. :ohno:
:lol: I went to a Stingrays game over Christmas and thought the same thing. :lol: I hadn't been to a game in 5 or 6 years.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:17 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:54 pm

Yeah, they fvck their sisters in South Carolina. :oops: ;)
The pig fucking is in Iowa it looks like.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/194 ... -and-pigs/
It's a regional joke. North Carolina is the colony of Pirates and Pig Farmers
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

The funny thing in that video is acting like a most white people inherit a largesse from their parents. Not really surprising though because wokeness is a an affluent white people phenomenon.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:22 pm Examples of CRT being taught in schools continue to bubble to the surface.

Still need proof Kalm?
He's too far down the road defending that stance. He's like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow.
Well done. :clap:

Also a very under rated flick. :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Pwns wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:15 am

The funny thing in that video is acting like a most white people inherit a largesse from their parents. Not really surprising though because wokeness is a an affluent white people phenomenon.
Precisely the thought process that led to this rant earlier….
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:51 pm Why start in “inequality” in 1492? Slavery has been going on since man formed living groups. Slavery, oppression, war, conquering, rinse and repeat for about the last 15,000 years. Literally EVERY race on the planet has been enslaved at one point or another. It wasn’t some magical thing Christopher Columbus thought of in 1492. Indians did it to captives from different tribes—long before White men got there. Africans did it to captives from different tribes—and then sold them to the White slave traders for a nice profit. The English did it to the Irish. Rome did it to literally anyone they defeated in battle. Muslims did it to Christians. 99% of White Americans start out at about the same spot as minorities these days….lord knows MY family didn’t run laps around minorities for 400 years accumulating wealth before the minorities were allowed to start….nor did the vast majority of Americans currently alive.

Videos like this are created by idiots living in liberal thought bubbles where they’ve never gotten outside their own little self affirmation circle and looked at the vast majority of Americans and how they grew up and where they come from. Instead they’d rather blame the nuclear family, etc., etc. as being part of the PROBLEM, rather than part of the solution. It ain’t rocket science. A 2-parent family solves about 90% of the problem….if a 2-parent family isn’t part of your culture, then CHANGE YOUR FUCKING CULTURE. Don’t blame the cultures that DO encourage and promote 2-parent families.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Related to this topic, so I'll post here: