UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Tennessee goes full anti-vax

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:26 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:34 am

Bring em on - they're the best thing that ever happened to Cobden, Illinois - I've watched them bring that town back from the dead and it all started with a taqueria. :thumb:

The reason that they won't be a long-term problem for Democrats is that the Republican Party is hardwired for racism - thats how they are able to keep poor whites believing that whatever is good for Jeff Bezos is also good for them. Latinos as a group are smarter than that and understand that the Republican Party's raison d'etre has nothing to do with conservative values and everything to do with making sure that the hyper-wealthy have a free ride and that you and I pick up their share of the cost being American...as if the Republican Party would consider admitting millions of Catholics into the party even as a thought experiment... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And yet it's Dems who have convinced poor minorities that crumbs taken from Jeff Bezos and given to them is as good as its going to get, and that they aren't smart enough or motivated enough to ever succeed on their own. Hell these poor helpless minorities can't even figure out how to get an ID or make a copy of it.
:nod: What have the Dems actually done to help people out of poverty. Houndie's boy Bernie talks about the War on Drugs (1971) being a failure but fails to mention the failure that is the Dem's War on Poverty (1964). The Dems talk a good game but they are guilty of the racism of low expectations and all they want to do is double down on their already failed policies.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:45 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:12 pm I voted Republican throughout my life from the late 1970s until 2016. But now?

The Party of Stupid.
And you now proudly have that “D” next to your name. The hallmark of a low-information voter.
During the most recent past Presidential election, people with graduate degrees voted for Biden over Trump by an estimated 62% to 37%. During the most recent past House elections, people with graduate degrees voted for Democrats over Republicans by an estimated 60% to 40%.

Meanwhile, in the Presidential election, people who never attended college voted for Trump over Biden by 54% to 46% and also voted for Republicans in the House elections by a margin of 54% to 46%.

I think it's pretty clear that the "low information voter" thing worked in favor of the Republicans this past election.

Look, the conservative movement in general and the Republican Party in particular have a real problem right now. They are living in an alternative false reality. We are even seeing it with the COVID vaccine thing. We have vaccines that have clearly been shown through clinical trials to be safe and effective. It is extremely clear from what's happened since vaccinations started that they are safe and effective. It's extremely clear that not being vaccinated is a problem. And it's extremely clear that having people refuse to be vaccinated is a real problem for the population. There's no reasonable basis for debate at this point.

But we have an issue because of people on the conservative/Republican side being in denial of reality so we can't go ahead and put the COVID thing behind us through getting a high vaccination rate. It really is the Party of Stupid. Or I guess you could say the Party of Ignorant. It's real problem.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:29 pm

And you now proudly have that “D” next to your name. The hallmark of a low-information voter.
During the most recent past Presidential election, people with graduate degrees voted for Biden over Trump by an estimated 62% to 37%. During the most recent past House elections, people with graduate degrees voted for Democrats over Republicans by an estimated 60% to 40%.

Meanwhile, in the Presidential election, people who never attended college voted for Trump over Biden by and voted for Republicans in the House elections by a margin of 54% to 46% and voted for Republicans over Democrats in the House elections by a margin of 52% to 46%.

I think it's pretty clear that the "low information voter" thing worked in favor of the Republicans this past election.

Look, the conservative movement in general and the Republican Party in particular have a real problem right now. They are living in an alternative false reality. We are even seeing it with the COVID vaccine thing. We have vaccines that have clearly been shown to be safe and effective. It is extremely clear from what's happened since vaccinations started that they are safe and effective. It's extremely clear that not being vaccinated is a problem. And it's extremely clear that having people refuse to be vaccinated is a real problem for the population. There's no reasonable basis for debate at this point.

But we have an issue because people on the conservative/Republican side being in denial of reality so we can't go ahead and put the COVID thing behind us. It really is the Party of Stupid. Or I guess you could say the Party of Ignorant. It's real problem.
Can't help clean up the Apprentice infection in the Republican party by supporting Democrats.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:36 pm

Meanwhile, in the Presidential election, people who never attended college voted for Trump over Biden by and voted for Republicans in the House elections by a margin of 54% to 46% and voted for Republicans over Democrats in the House elections by a margin of 52% to 46%.

Look, the conservative movement in general and the Republican Party in particular have a real problem right now. They are living in an alternative false reality. We are even seeing it with the COVID vaccine thing. We have vaccines that have clearly been shown to be safe and effective. It is extremely clear from what's happened since vaccinations started that they are safe and effective. It's extremely clear that not being vaccinated is a problem. And it's extremely clear that having people refuse to be vaccinated is a real problem for the population. There's no reasonable basis for debate at this point.

But we have an issue because people on the conservative/Republican side being in denial of reality so we can't go ahead and put the COVID thing behind us. It really is the Party of Stupid. Or I guess you could say the Party of Ignorant. It's real problem.
Can't help clean up the Apprentice infection in the Republican party by supporting Democrats.
That's fine. But understand that the "low information voter" factor is not in favor of the Democrats right now. The "ignorance factor" is clearly working in favor of the Republicans at this time in history. We have 10s of millions of people voting Republican based on world views that are totally divorced from reality. It's really bad.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Meanwhile, in the Presidential election, people who never attended college voted for Trump over Biden by 54% to 46% and also voted for Republicans in the House elections by a margin of 54% to 46%.

Look, the conservative movement in general and the Republican Party in particular have a real problem right now. They are living in an alternative false reality. We are even seeing it with the COVID vaccine thing. We have vaccines that have clearly been shown through clinical trials to be safe and effective. It is extremely clear from what's happened since vaccinations started that they are safe and effective. It's extremely clear that not being vaccinated is a problem. And it's extremely clear that having people refuse to be vaccinated is a real problem for the population. There's no reasonable basis for debate at this point.

But we have an issue because of people on the conservative/Republican side being in denial of reality so we can't go ahead and put the COVID thing behind us through getting a high vaccination rate. It really is the Party of Stupid. Or I guess you could say the Party of Ignorant. It's real problem.
Well, if the Republicans don’t get vaccinated and start to die off in the StWronge variant of COVID, that would fit your worldview pretty well, wouldn’t it, StMengele?

And while we’re at it, Ubermann, the social usefulness of most graduate students is near zero, as evidenced by the WSJ story about those jobless Columbia MFA students who welch on their student loans while looking for that dream job in … filmmaking! :lol: Give me a skilled plumber or electrician with an IQ of 100 over a boy-genius software engineer any day.
Last edited by Ivytalk on Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:45 pm And you now proudly have that “D” next to your name. The hallmark of a low-information voter.

As stuck grad degrees as you are 14 year olds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:46 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:36 pm

That's fine. But understand that the "low information voter" factor is not in favor of the Democrats right now. The "ignorance factor" is clearly working in favor of the Republicans at this time in history. We have 10s of millions of people voting Republican based on world views that are totally divorced from reality. It's really bad.
A degree does not determine the amount of information a voter has about a candidate. For instance, farmers, degree or no degree, know more about farming than most of the PHD's in the world. Why wouldn't a farmer without a degree, that follows politics, not have the information about a candidate, compared to a PHD that could care less about political candidates? People that follow politics, degree or not, will have more information about the people they vote for, than any PHD that does not follow politics.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:20 am

A degree does not determine the amount of information a voter has about a candidate. For instance, farmers, degree or no degree, know more about farming than most of the PHD's in the world. Why wouldn't a farmer without a degree, that follows politics, not have the information about a candidate, compared to a PHD that could care less about political candidates? People that follow politics, degree or not, will have more information about the people they vote for, than any PHD that does not follow politics.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Attaboy, Gil! See what “Doctor Data” does with that one!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:20 am

+6.93
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:46 pm That's fine. But understand that the "low information voter" factor is not in favor of the Democrats right now. The "ignorance factor" is clearly working in favor of the Republicans at this time in history. We have 10s of millions of people voting Republican based on world views that are totally divorced from reality. It's really bad.
Dude

You don’t tell an Asberger-y person to ignore the spinning saucer

and you can’t tell JSO to ignore those grad degrees

its his muse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:34 am

Bring em on - they're the best thing that ever happened to Cobden, Illinois - I've watched them bring that town back from the dead and it all started with a taqueria. :thumb:

The reason that they won't be a long-term problem for Democrats is that the Republican Party is hardwired for racism - thats how they are able to keep poor whites believing that whatever is good for Jeff Bezos is also good for them. Latinos as a group are smarter than that and understand that the Republican Party's raison d'etre has nothing to do with conservative values and everything to do with making sure that the hyper-wealthy have a free ride and that you and I pick up their share of the cost being American...as if the Republican Party would consider admitting millions of Catholics into the party even as a thought experiment... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And yet it's Dems who have convinced poor minorities that crumbs taken from Jeff Bezos and given to them is as good as its going to get, and that they aren't smart enough or motivated enough to ever succeed on their own. Hell these poor helpless minorities can't even figure out how to get an ID or make a copy of it.
:?

Things must be different where you are. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:36 am

Well, if the Republicans don’t get vaccinated and start to die off in the StWronge variant of COVID, that would fit your worldview pretty well, wouldn’t it, StMengele?

And while we’re at it, Ubermann, the social usefulness of most graduate students is near zero, as evidenced by the WSJ story about those jobless Columbia MFA students who welch on their student loans while looking for that dream job in … filmmaking! :lol: Give me a skilled plumber or electrician with an IQ of 100 over a boy-genius software engineer any day.
I hope the good citizens of Tennessee don't fall for that "vaccinations are good" bullshit. Yall stick to your guns and don't let them pointy-head book-learning types bamboozle yall into taking the zombie chip flu shot. There's only one book yall need to read...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:16 am

:nod: What have the Dems actually done to help people out of poverty. Houndie's boy Bernie talks about the War on Drugs (1971) being a failure but fails to mention the failure that is the Dem's War on Poverty (1964). The Dems talk a good game but they are guilty of the racism of low expectations and all they want to do is double down on their already failed policies.
Thats real pretty writing and all but the point you're trying to deflect is that the Republican Party will never accept the Latinos that are their natural constituents, other than on Election Day, because of a) their racism and b) their complete lack of an agenda pertaining to anything other than a free ride for the hyper-wealthy with we the people paying for it. All their drivel about stuff like abortion is just to bring out the halfwit base; shit, most all Republicans in Congress, at least the ones from the south, have a mistress thats needed an abortion. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:05 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:16 am

Thats real pretty writing and all but the point you're trying to deflect is that the Republican Party will never accept the Latinos that are their natural constituents, other than on Election Day, because of a) their racism and b) their complete lack of an agenda pertaining to anything other than a free ride for the hyper-wealthy with we the people paying for it. All their drivel about stuff like abortion is just to bring out the halfwit base; shit, most all Republicans in Congress, at least the ones from the south, have a mistress thats needed an abortion. :coffee:
:lol:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:08 pm Image
I'll look up those articles. But at this point the evidence that the two MRNA vaccines are safe and effective is overwhelming. Anti vaxing on this thing is really stupid. People who are doing it should stop.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:13 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:08 pm Image
I'll look up those articles. But at this point the evidence that the two MRNA vaccines are safe and effective is overwhelming. Anti vaxing on this thing is really stupid. People who are doing it should stop.
Define "anti-vaxing", because I don't include not wanting to be forcibly injected with an experimental vaccine to be in the "anti-vaxxng" category.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ok I looked them up. No, there's no issue. The thing about the timetable has to do with doing animal studies prior to doing clinical trials in humans. They didn't do animal studies. But now they've done the clinical trials in humans and they turned out well. The issue is moot.

The thing about past vaccine disasters is also contradicted at this point with the MRNA vaccine. Some of that had to do with having live viruses in vaccines. No way that could happen with the MRNA vaccines. The other has to do with Guillain-Barre syndrome. There has been a possible indication of a problem with that with the J&J vaccine. But at this point we have had hundreds of millions of doses of the MRNA vaccine with absolutely not indication of an issue in that regard.

Also, to the extent that Guillain-Barre syndrome was a possible problem with the historical instance cited, it's not even clear that the vaccines caused it. A quote:
"Unfortunately, due to that vaccine, and the fact that it was done so hastily, there were a few hundred cases of Guillain-Barre, although it's not definitive that they were linked," Kinch said.
Underline added for emphasis. See? That's a "vaccine disaster" that may not have even been a vaccine disaster.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Define "anti-vaxing", because I don't include not wanting to be forcibly injected with an experimental vaccine to be in the "anti-vaxxng" category.
The vaccines are not experimental. If you are calling the vaccines "experimental," you are in the "anti-vaxing" world. The experiments are the clinical trials. We had controlled experiments , the clinical trials, that validated the vaccines as safe and effective. That phase is over. As is always the case, officials are monitoring the situation with respect to the administration of vaccines. We have had hundreds of millions of doses. There has been some suggestion of some very low probability problems with the J&J vaccine. But there has been absolutely NO indication of a problem with the MRNA vaccines and all of the observational data on them generated since they went into wide usage are consistent with the results of the experimental phase.

And there has been no suggestion at all of forcibly injecting anybody.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:34 pm

The vaccines are not experimental. If you are calling the vaccines "experimental," you are in the "anti-vaxing" world. The experiments are the clinical trials. We had controlled experiments , the clinical trials, that validated the vaccines as safe and effective. That phase is over. As is always the case, officials are monitoring the situation with respect to the administration of vaccines. We have had hundreds of millions of doses. There has been some suggestion of some very low probability problems with the J&J vaccine. But there has been absolutely NO indication of a problem with the MRNA vaccines and all of the observational data on them generated since they went into wide usage are consistent with the results of the experimental phase.

And there has been no suggestion at all of forcibly injecting anybody.
The China Virus vaccine is. Stop trying to conflate it with those that are well past emergency status.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

All vaccines are considered experimental. This is not true – they have all been put through standard safety testing before being rolled out to the public. 

Both the United States and United Kingdom have authorized the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna mRNA vaccines for emergency use, while the former has also authorized shots by Johnson & Johnson; the latter by Oxford/AstraZeneca. 

Emergency use authorization (EUA) in the U.S. has been issued as a result of the severity of the pandemic. When the pandemic is over, the EUA will cease and vaccine manufacturers will need to apply for full U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval. No timeline on this has yet been given. The UK, meanwhile, has a similar mechanism.

All four vaccines given emergency authorization in the U.S. and UK have published results from the final phase three trials. 
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:45 pm

All vaccines are considered experimental. This is not true – they have all been put through standard safety testing before being rolled out to the public. 

Both the United States and United Kingdom have authorized the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna mRNA vaccines for emergency use, while the former has also authorized shots by Johnson & Johnson; the latter by Oxford/AstraZeneca. 

Emergency use authorization (EUA) in the U.S. has been issued as a result of the severity of the pandemic. When the pandemic is over, the EUA will cease and vaccine manufacturers will need to apply for full U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval. No timeline on this has yet been given. The UK, meanwhile, has a similar mechanism.

All four vaccines given emergency authorization in the U.S. and UK have published results from the final phase three trials. 
They're experimental until they get the seal of approval from our flawless government. :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Strange bedfellows the Apprentice Party is keeping, Democrats and Hollywood.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:47 pm

They're experimental until they get the seal of approval from our flawless government. :coffee:
Yep.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

It is approved for emergency use. It has gone thru the experimental test prior to emergency use approval.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Pfizer/BioNTech’s phase three trial began in late July 2020 and the results were published in December 2020 (here). The trial enrolled 46,331 participants at 153 sites around the world in Argentina, Brazil, Turkey, South Africa and the U.S., according to Pfizer’s website.

Oxford/AstraZeneca’s clinical trials involved 23,848 people across the UK, Brazil, and South Africa between April and November 2020, according to a report published by the Oxford Vaccine Group in the medical journal The Lancet (bit.ly/3u7POsa, page 1).  

Johnson & Johnson recruited 44,325 people for its phase three clinical trial between September 2020 and January 2021, while Moderna had 30,420 volunteers for the same phase of testing between July and October 2020 .