∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Tennessee goes full anti-vax

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:12 pm Hey Jon

Are you vaxxed?

So why do you give a shit?

You do know that about 95% of the people who can be convinced to NOT get the jab are Republican voters, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I give a shit because every time someone gets infected, there's a small chance the virus mutates to a variant which renders the vaccines less useful.

Plus you know, kids under 12 can't get it yet and the Delta variant is infecting more young people. And for 12-17, getting the vaccine is entirely dependent on their parents.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:14 pm Debunked by Ben Shapiro. Oof!

Using Ben Shapiro as a valid source :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Are you vaxxed?

You do know that about 95% of the people who can be convinced to NOT get the jab are Republican voters, right?

Yes I am vaxxed. But the source of new variants that the vaccine may not cover are the unvaxxed.

Plus, I care about the people with suppressed immune systems that can't get vaxxed. And the children that are too young.

And yes, even the ignorant anti-vaxxers are Americans, even if they are morons.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:16 am

Are you vaxxed?

Yes I am vaxxed. But the source of new variants that the vaccine may not cover are the unvaxxed.

Plus, I care about the people with suppressed immune systems that can't get vaxxed. And the children that are too young.

How can you make that claim, when the CDC has stopped counting the common breakthrough cases? The only ones the CDC are now tracking, are those that result in hospitalization or death. Anyone who gets sick, can create a variant, even those previously vaccinated. Why do you think Fauci said the vaccinated still need to wear masks?

Seems if someone has antibodies to COVID due to a vaccine, that would put upward pressure for the virus to mutate outside of the original wild type virus that the vaccinated person is supposedly protected from. More specifically, the spike protein in which we are seeing the rise of the variants of concern.

I'm going to have to look into this claim, but I'm not quite sure I buy your claim the unvaccinated are the source of the variants.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:30 am
dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:16 am

How can you make that claim, when the CDC has stopped counting the common breakthrough cases? The only ones the CDC are now tracking, are those that result in hospitalization or death. Anyone who gets sick, can create a variant, even those previously vaccinated. Why do you think Fauci said the vaccinated still need to wear masks?

Seems if someone has antibodies to COVID due to a vaccine, that would put upward pressure for the virus to mutate outside of the original wild type virus that the vaccinated person is supposedly protected from. More specifically, the spike protein in which we are seeing the rise of the variants of concern.

I'm going to have to look into this claim, but I'm not quite sure I buy your claim the unvaccinated are the source of the variants.
99% of those hospitalized and deaths are among the unvaccinated. There is a very low transmission rate among the vaccinated. The whole point of the vaccines is to a) stop the spread b) lessen the impact of breakthrough infections.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

She Says She Was Fired For Saying That Teens Don't Need Parental Consent For Vaccines

A memo sent in the spring started the series of events that ended with Fiscus' ouster
The events leading to her being fired "can only be described as bizarre," Fiscus said.

It all started in the spring, when Fiscus says several health care providers asked her office for clarity about how to handle the then-looming authorization of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for minors as young as 12. As she prepared a memo on the subject, she turned to the Tennessee Department of Health's general counsel, which replied with a doctrine based on a 1987 Tennessee Supreme Court ruling.

The doctrine, which says teens from ages 14-17 don't need to get their parents' or guardians' consent before getting the vaccine, was posted online "and is blessed by the Governor's office on the subject," the legal office said, according to Fiscus. The office reportedly added, "This is forward facing so feel free to distribute to anyone."

But when Fiscus sent a memo sharing that guidance, critics seized on the message and called it a governmental overreach, threatening to disband the state Department of Health, despite the COVID-19 pandemic. At a hearing in Tennessee's legislature, a Republican legislator said the health department's ad campaign encouraging teens to get vaccinated amounted to an attempt "to target children."
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:11 am

Are you vaxxed?

I give a shit because every time someone gets infected, there's a small chance the virus mutates to a variant which renders the vaccines less useful.

Plus you know, kids under 12 can't get it yet and the Delta variant is infecting more young people. And for 12-17, getting the vaccine is entirely dependent on their parents.
Well, “more” is a relative number, given that the OTHER variants had virtually NO impact on children. So we’re starting from a really, really, really, really, REALLY low number.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:35 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:11 am

Well, “more” is a relative number, given that the OTHER variants had virtually NO impact on children. So we’re starting from a really, really, really, really, REALLY low number.

So how many children should be sacrificed?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:14 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:14 pm Debunked by Ben Shapiro. Oof!

Using Ben Shapiro as a valid source :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Is he wrong here?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:11 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:35 pm

How many unborn children are aborted every year?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:19 pm
dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:14 am

Is he wrong here?
Nope.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:29 pm

99% of those hospitalized and deaths are among the unvaccinated. There is a very low transmission rate among the vaccinated. The whole point of the vaccines is to a) stop the spread b) lessen the impact of breakthrough infections.
Link to back up your claim?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:21 pm
dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:11 pm

None - they are fetuses.

And don't pretend to be pro-life, because you are just pro-birth. After that, fuck'em
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:22 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Is he wrong here?
Nope.
He is, but you are too blind to see that.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:18 pm

None - they are fetuses.

And don't pretend to be pro-life, because you are just pro-birth. After that, fuck'em
:rofl: What the hell sort of twisting was that? :rofl:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

See now, this study would be helpful to your argument.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210 ... iants.aspx
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I voted Republican throughout my life from the late 1970s until 2016. But now?

The Party of Stupid.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:30 pm

See now, this study would be helpful to your argument.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210 ... iants.aspx
It's like those scientists read my post and did a study that confirmed my brilliance
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:12 pm I voted Republican throughout my life from the late 1970s until 2016. But now?

The Party of Stupid.
And you now proudly have that “D” next to your name. The hallmark of a low-information voter.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:45 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:12 pm I voted Republican throughout my life from the late 1970s until 2016. But now?

The Party of Stupid.
And you now proudly have that “D” next to your name. The hallmark of a low-information voter.
And, he wears that badge so proudly. Just like dback. :lol:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:19 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:22 pm
Nope.
He is, but you are too blind to see that.
How dare a 12 year old be required to get parental consent before they receive any kind of medical care. :lol:

:silly:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

None - they are fetuses.

I'm pro-choice, but I also don't pretend that abortion isn't murder. It's murder. Not sure how you justify one ending a life and the other not. Play all the mental gymnastics you want but abortion is murder, thanks to science we know this.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:21 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:45 pm

And, he wears that badge so proudly. Just like dback. :lol:
dback is all about the D.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:37 pm

None - they are fetuses.

I'm pro-choice, but I also don't pretend that abortion isn't murder. It's murder. Not sure how you justify one ending a life and the other not. Play all the mental gymnastics you want but abortion is murder, thanks to science we know this.
And god is the # 1 serial abortionist.

(I miss Cleets).
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:11 pm
dbackjon wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:02 pm The so-called "pro-life" GOP is actually Pro-Death, Anti-Science.
The so-called "pro-choice" DNC is actually anti-choice. Funny how this game works.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."