Cuban Uprising

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Cuban Uprising

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:15 am Weasel Deathsantis...

If you wan to talk about someone bigoted...

TALLAHASSEE – Crowds in Florida cities rallying and blocking roadways in support of anti-government protests in Cuba may be putting Gov. Ron DeSantis at odds with a tough new law he championed following last year’s Black Lives Matter demonstrations.

Large crowds closed Miami’s Palmetto Expressway and hundreds demonstrating blocked major streets this week in Orlando, Tampa and across Southwest Florida, leading to a handful of arrests, at least two for battery on law enforcement officers.

DeSantis said he supports the Florida protesters urging an end to the dictatorship in Cuba. And he insists these demonstrations are distinct from those that followed the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police.

“The people understand the difference between peaceably assembling, which is obviously, people’s constitutional right, and attacking other people or burning down buildings or dragging people out of a car,” DeSantis said during a Tuesday roundtable with Cuban-American leaders in Miami.

“They’re much different situations,” he said.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/new ... 965540002/
So....he's against protests that just about always lead to violence and destruction but he's for those that are peaceful? I'm not a DeSantis fan but I fail to see the problem here.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:03 am
dbackjon wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:15 am Weasel Deathsantis...

If you wan to talk about someone bigoted...

TALLAHASSEE – Crowds in Florida cities rallying and blocking roadways in support of anti-government protests in Cuba may be putting Gov. Ron DeSantis at odds with a tough new law he championed following last year’s Black Lives Matter demonstrations.

Large crowds closed Miami’s Palmetto Expressway and hundreds demonstrating blocked major streets this week in Orlando, Tampa and across Southwest Florida, leading to a handful of arrests, at least two for battery on law enforcement officers.

DeSantis said he supports the Florida protesters urging an end to the dictatorship in Cuba. And he insists these demonstrations are distinct from those that followed the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police.

“The people understand the difference between peaceably assembling, which is obviously, people’s constitutional right, and attacking other people or burning down buildings or dragging people out of a car,” DeSantis said during a Tuesday roundtable with Cuban-American leaders in Miami.

“They’re much different situations,” he said.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/new ... 965540002/
So....he's against protests that just about always lead to violence and destruction but he's for those that are peaceful? I'm not a DeSantis fan but I fail to see the problem here.
Dude why do you bother?

Jon is like a busted shopping cart with a squeaky wheel that pulls to the left no matter what direction it is facing.

Remember - this is the same crew that thought Mitt Romney was the antichrist because he worked for Bain and put his dog carrier on top of his car. Zero credibility on the outrage column

Static is gonna static man
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:03 am
Dude why do you bother?

Jon is like a busted shopping cart with a squeaky wheel that pulls to the left no matter what direction it is facing.

Remember - this is the same crew that thought Mitt Romney was the antichrist because he worked for Bain and put his dog carrier on top of his car. Zero credibility on the outrage column

I know...I know
:lol: :lol: Well it certainly wasn't his binders full of women that gave them pause....
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:58 am
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:55 am

Dude why do you bother?

I know...I know
:lol: :lol: Well it certainly wasn't his binders full of women that gave them pause....
“Bigot! :tothehand: ” — DBJ
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:04 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:44 am

You're finally getting it. You might not need to be sent to a reeducation camp after all.

Too bad, Korporal Kalm and Private Houndy were looking forward to beating you until you achieved total wokeness. ;)
The dunce cap with slogans of the Great Helmsman will probably be enough will probably be enough :coffee:
What if you catch someone that's enough of a dunce to wear a skirt covered with mass murderers?

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:59 am

The dunce cap with slogans of the Great Helmsman will probably be enough will probably be enough :coffee:
What if you catch someone that's enough of a dunce to wear a skirt covered with mass murderers?

Z would look good in one
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:33 pm

Z would look good in one
I have that one.

I use it for target practice.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

The “pastor” reminds me of a younger Bill Clinton.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:14 am

:nod: With a little Kurt Russell mixed in.

As a Republican candidate for a mayor of a larger city ever worn something with pictures of Hitler, Mussolini and Franco on it? That's the equivalent and would cause a huge kerfluffle yet this gets crickets.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

It really is amazing how the American left has normalized figures like Mao and Che Guevara.

They really can openly flaunt their images with little to no repercussions, and those same people will tell us that there's literally a card carrying Nazi on every block.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 am It really is amazing how the American left has normalized figures like Mao and Che Guevara.

They really can openly flaunt their images with little to no repercussions, and those same people will tell us that there's literally a card carrying Nazi on every block.
I laugh at how many of them tout Che or Mao as some great person or leader of a progressive cause...not realizing that their own lifestyle and political ideas would most likely have them incarcerated in the infamous Happy-Go-Lucky Rainbow camps that communist countries are famous for.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:51 am

As a Republican candidate for a mayor of a larger city ever worn something with pictures of Hitler, Mussolini and Franco on it? That's the equivalent and would cause a huge kerfluffle yet this gets crickets.
...not for mayor that I can think of - but Illinois has had some run for Congress.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:47 pm

...not for mayor that I can think of - but Illinois has had some run for Congress.
:pics:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

:lol: :thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:49 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 am It really is amazing how the American left has normalized figures like Mao and Che Guevara.

I laugh at how many of them tout Che or Mao as some great person or leader of a progressive cause...not realizing that their own lifestyle and political ideas would most likely have them incarcerated in the infamous Happy-Go-Lucky Rainbow camps that communist countries are famous for.
They wouldn't be incarcerated..

with Che they'd be shot in the head.

With Mao, they'd do a few struggle sessions, have to wear a dunce cap, and then be shot in the head
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:49 am

With Mao, they'd do a few struggle sessions, have to wear a dunce cap, and then be shot in the head
:lol: That's probably true about Che (admittedly, I don't know much about him).
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:49 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 pm

He is directly linked to around 200 murders (indirectly to probably over 1k) and by one account took his .32 cal pistol and blew a guy's brains out based on the fact he believed he was passing information to the "enemy". There are other stories of his short temper and the fact that it took literally nothing to get executed by him.

He had a slogan put up at either one of the forced labor camps that said "Work Will Make You Men" which was a nod the Nazi concentration camp saying "Work will set you free".

By all in all a person I think people should be happy to wear an image of. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:08 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:49 am
He is directly linked to around 200 murders (indirectly to probably over 1k) and by one account took his .32 cal pistol and blew a guy's brains out based on the fact he believed he was passing information to the "enemy". There are other stories of his short temper and the fact that it took literally nothing to get executed by him.

He had a slogan put up at either one of the forced labor camps that said "Work Will Make You Men" which was a nod the Nazi concentration camp saying "Work will set you free".

By all in all a person I think people should be happy to wear an image of. :coffee:
Nobody is perfect. I mean, its not like he wore a tan suit...
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:03 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:08 pm

….or mommy jeans.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:15 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:03 pm

….or mommy jeans.
But he did frequently cut people off, saying "I'm talking!"
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Can we put Bernie and AOChe on a raft to Cuba?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:52 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:47 pm

:pics:
Arthur Jones, ran uncontested in the '18 primary. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:43 am Image

Can we put Bernie and AOChe on a raft to Cuba?
Boy, is that true. My friend, Sybil, is 1st Gen American of Cuban refugees - her parents and family think a bloody coup is the islands only hope. :twocents: