Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: COVID, Global warming, Evolution...all the same

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:18 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:03 pm

And where, pray tell, do you think Al Gore GOT that tidbit? :dunce: :dunce:
I don't know but I don't think Climate Scientists were saying sea level would have risen 20 feet by now. And I'd have to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" to even know for sure that Gore said it because that is so far out of line. They speak in terms of inches (see https://www.climate.gov/news-features/u ... -sea-level as an example).
Lol.

I’m done.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:18 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:03 pm

And where, pray tell, do you think Al Gore GOT that tidbit? :dunce: :dunce:
I don't know but I don't think Climate Scientists were saying sea level would have risen 20 feet by now. And I'd have to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" to even know for sure that Gore said it because that is so far out of line. They speak in terms of inches (see https://www.climate.gov/news-features/u ... -sea-level as an example).
NOAA is saying 12 inches to 8.5 feet by 2100. It's risen 8-9 inches since 1880. There is nothing we can really do to stop it. We need to adapt at this point. Covid showed us that remote work was possible for a lot of jobs, taking a lot of cars off the roads daily.

NOAA link
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:54 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:38 am Theories are only as good as their predictions.

How have the big three fared?

COVID - There is no immunity...whoops.
Global Warming - We only have 9 years to prevent a cataclysmic event...whoops.
Evolution - Everything is determined by mutation and natural selection...whoops.

You see the pattern? Absolutely zero discussion outside the narrative is allowed, even when the narrative falls on its face.
This aged well.
Don't bug me! I'm dealing with the hottest period on record at home. :lol:

I got a splash pad, big horse bucket of water and a mister going right now.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:03 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:54 am

This aged well.

Ductless AC was supposed to be installed tomorrow. Now too hot in the attic for the installers to work. I’m fine with it. The family are a bunch of wusses.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:15 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:03 am

Ductless AC was supposed to be installed tomorrow. Now too hot in the attic for the installers to work. I’m fine with it. The family are a bunch of wusses.
What sort of central hvac is standard in homes up there?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:29 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:15 am

I would say most have AC East of the cascades. Most in Western WA don’t. Maybe as low as 25%?

Savages don’t irrigate their yards either.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:26 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:29 pm

I would say most have AC East of the cascades. Most in Western WA don’t. Maybe as low as 25%?

Savages don’t irrigate their yards either.
25% is a good guess. My Joe Average split level doesn't have it and those that I have talked to in the last couple of days only have the portable air conditioners to get over the hump. I only water the front yard, which gets afternoon shade, so only once a week.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Look out for global cooling. All of you who bought into global warming, please line up in single file, turned to the side, so it makes it easier to walk down the line and slap your stupid gullible faces.

https://strangesounds.org/2021/08/next- ... warns.html
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:09 am COVID has gloriously brought the travesty of science to the forefront. Science as performed is shit.

Bring it on fuckfaces.
Social media scientist are infallible.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:41 pm Look out for global cooling. All of you who bought into global warming, please line up in single file, turned to the side, so it makes it easier to walk down the line and slap your stupid gullible faces.

Go outside, turn south, and let us know how that really big mountain looks.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote:Look out for global cooling. All of you who bought into global warming, please line up in single file, turned to the side, so it makes it easier to walk down the line and slap your stupid gullible faces.

Good!

More chances for snowmobiling and meeting snowbunnies.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:41 pm Look out for global cooling. All of you who bought into global warming, please line up in single file, turned to the side, so it makes it easier to walk down the line and slap your stupid gullible faces.

Shocker! :lol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... n.amp.html
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:22 am

I'm shocked the global warming crowd can't come up with a better story than "they actually get money for research".

This reeks of the Newsweek article years ago in which they made a big deal out of $50 million going to prove global warming was a farce, only to NOT mention that $ 2 Billion was spent in the same time period to try and prove global warming.

If the science stands, it doesn't matter who is backing it, but as has happened in many instances, the global warming crowd does not like to show their work... like documented liar Michael Mann.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

i like their ads for Qfiles. Certainly no bias there. :kisswink:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:10 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:22 am

I'm shocked the global warming crowd can't come up with a better story than "they actually get money for research".

This reeks of the Newsweek article years ago in which they made a big deal out of $50 million going to prove global warming was a farce, only to NOT mention that $ 2 Billion was spent in the same time period to try and prove global warming.

If the science stands, it doesn't matter who is backing it, but as has happened in many instances, the global warming crowd does not like to show their work... like documented liar Michael Mann.
We’ve been through this before...

Name one scientific org that doesn’t recognize gw.

Find one well credentialed gw denier scientist who is not easily connected to fossil fuels.

Mann was vindicated (but, but, but hockey sticks!)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:47 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:10 am

Find one well credentialed gw denier scientist who is not easily connected to fossil fuels.

You bet the fossil fuel industry funds research, although at a rate of 4,000 times less than those who support. It does not matter if money came straight from Satan, if the research is validated.

And no, Mann was not vindicated, he was proven to be a fraud and a liar by not releasing his data and methodology. Why do you think that Canadian journalist now gets to say what he wants about Mann and he can't take him to court? Because Mann would not provide his work to be checked.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:06 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:47 am

You bet the fossil fuel industry funds research, although at a rate of 4,000 times less than those who support. It does not matter if money came straight from Satan, if the research is validated.

And no, Mann was not vindicated, he was proven to be a fraud and a liar by not releasing his data and methodology. Why do you think that Canadian journalist now gets to say what he wants about Mann and he can't take him to court? Because Mann would not provide his work to be checked.
I kind of agree on this, to a point. Science is science. The motivation or the funding behind it matters little when it comes to evaluating it. If things are omitted or covered up or otherwise obfuscated, then it's an issue, but if everything is clear and transparent and on the table then it comes down to the science.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:10 am I'm shocked the global warming crowd can't come up with a better story than "they actually get money for research".

I love how you tout science and say Mann was vindicated in the same breath.

The argument over AGW isn’t in the whether- it is in the “what”. Claiming that there is some legion of people in the scientific community out there denying AGW on its face is a straw man and you know it.

AGW is real, and we have no clue how it will manifest itself. <<<that right there is science. Pure as the wind driven snow. Anything else is suppositional bullshit and Mann is a fraud.

Im not sure why you rise to the defense of the people you do. Maybe you’re just a closet populist and you think nobody is on to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

What about algore?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:12 pm
kalm wrote:

The argument over AGW isn’t in the whether- it is in the “what”. Claiming that there is some legion of people in the scientific community out there denying AGW on its face is a straw man and you know it.

AGW is real, and we have no clue how it will manifest itself. <<<that right there is science. Pure as the wind driven snow. Anything else is suppositional bullshit and Mann is a fraud.

Im not sure why you rise to the defense of the people you do. Maybe you’re just a closet populist and you think nobody is on to you

SG trolled with AGW denial and hooked one.

Mann’s (science) was vindicated. The SCOTUS ruling focused on speech and defamation.

I would say there’s no need to defend science yet here you are.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:47 pm What about algore?
Just bought a faster jet so he can get to more speaking engagements.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:57 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:12 pm

Mann’s (science) was vindicated. The SCOTUS ruling focused on speech and defamation.

The next time you wonder how flat earthers and MAGAts can believe the stuff they do, just look back at that reply right there ^^^^

Mann's work has not been vindicated and will not be vindicated until his predictions come true, and they have not.

Hockey stick = pizza parlor child rape
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:31 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:57 pm

The next time you wonder how flat earthers and MAGAts can believe the stuff they do, just look back at that reply right there ^^^^

Mann's work has not been vindicated and will not be vindicated until his predictions come true, and they have not.

Vindication is not the same as settled science.

You need to hurry up and retire so you can smoke weed and not be such an insufferable twat. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:48 pm
CID1990 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:31 am

You need to hurry up and retire so you can smoke weed and not be such an insufferable twat. There's only room for one of us on CS. :lol:
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not completely insufferable ... ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:11 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:48 pm

You need to hurry up and retire so you can smoke weed and not be such an insufferable twat. There's only room for one of us on CS. :lol:
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not completely insufferable ... ;)
I hope Farley is named HC for life.