UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Crypto

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:27 am
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:56 am
Put your bitcoins in one of these machines at the grocery store.

:lol:
That was a great response by Fiver!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Crypto: “An limited supply of nothing.”

Too big to fail? Probably. :ohno:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... s-growing/
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Can't believe no one has bumped this one.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

This class-action lawsuit should be an interesting one to follow until it’s dismissed…

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ftx ... shaq-curry
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Winklevoss twins Genesis crypto exchange now having issues.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:56 pm Winklevoss twins Genesis crypto exchange now having issues.
They might lose their Facebook money before all is said and done. Do they still row?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:55 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:47 am

Good questions. :nod: Yet billions are thrown at it is at least on the radar screen of traditional/institutional investors.
Bitcoin has been called a pyramid scheme for 15 years. Yet here it is….
:twocents: (Close to Current value of FTX)
:thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Have zero sympathy for any of these idiots who lost their shirts investing giant sums of money in a ponzi scheme run by a disheveled looking, late twenty something/30 yr old, badly in need of a haircut, who looked like he was dragged off the set of Animal House, who also was a far left, woke, mega donk donor. This whole thing is :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I thought I was mostly with the pinkos when it comes to crypto skepticism but it's starting to seem less like it breaks cleanly on party lines.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:42 am Can't believe no one has bumped this one.
Straight out of Cryptonomicon
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

This FTX story is wild. Aside from the biggest ponzi scheme in history, its looking like a total front for money laundering operations on a global scale. Wow.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:32 pm This FTX story is wild. Aside from the biggest ponzi scheme in history, its looking like a total front for money laundering operations on a global scale. Wow.
It is interesting to see who SBF bought off, I mean donated to. :coffee:

(And he admitted as much in a text message exchange with a reporter)
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:19 pm Have zero sympathy for any of these idiots who lost their shirts investing giant sums of money in a ponzi scheme run by a disheveled looking, late twenty something/30 yr old, badly in need of a haircut, who looked like he was dragged off the set of Animal House, who also was a far left, woke, mega donk donor. This whole thing is :rofl:
Comrade! :notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:55 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:32 pm This FTX story is wild. Aside from the biggest ponzi scheme in history, its looking like a total front for money laundering operations on a global scale. Wow.

Yeah, any other person would already be in jail. He apparently bought off the right people on both sides of the aisle...that and there is also an element to this whole thing that is, well, as they say "glowing".
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

The new Panama Papers?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:25 pm
The new Panama Papers?
I think this is bigger. :twocents:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:12 pm

Yeah, any other person would already be in jail. He apparently bought off the right people on both sides of the aisle...that and there is also an element to this whole thing that is, well, as they say "glowing".
Both sides of the political spectrum, newspapers, magazines, etc. Dems got $40 million (second highest donor of 2022), and R's supposedly got the same but he never announced it as reporters would "freak the f-k out" he said (which I find hilarious).
“All my Republican donations were dark,” SBF told crypto influencer and YouTuber Tiffany Fong, referring to political donations that aren’t publicly disclosed. “The reason was not for regulatory reasons, it’s because reporters freak the fuck out if you donate to Republicans. They’re all super liberal, and I didn’t want to have that fight.”
https://fortune.com/crypto/2022/11/29/s ... ark-money/

NASSAU, Bahamas—FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried said he couldn’t explain what happened to billions of dollars that customers of his failed cryptocurrency exchange sent to the bank accounts of his trading firm, Alameda Research.

And he said he couldn’t rule out the possibility that money deposited by FTX customers who were told their money was theirs alone was in fact lent to Alameda.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Mr. Bankman-Fried distanced himself from Alameda, saying he had stepped back from running the firm and had little insight into its workings even though he owned 90% of it.

Some FTX customers made deposits by wiring money to Alameda-controlled bank accounts, with the intention that the money be used to fund their FTX accounts. That was a legacy of the exchange’s early days when FTX didn’t have its own bank account, Mr. Bankman-Fried said. Over time, FTX customers deposited more than $5 billion in those Alameda accounts, he said. Now those funds are gone.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ftx-founde ... djemcrypto
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:12 pm

Both sides of the political spectrum, newspapers, magazines, etc. Dems got $40 million (second highest donor of 2022), and R's supposedly got the same but he never announced it as reporters would "freak the f-k out" he said (which I find hilarious).
“All my Republican donations were dark,” SBF told crypto influencer and YouTuber Tiffany Fong, referring to political donations that aren’t publicly disclosed. “The reason was not for regulatory reasons, it’s because reporters freak the fuck out if you donate to Republicans. They’re all super liberal, and I didn’t want to have that fight.”
https://fortune.com/crypto/2022/11/29/s ... ark-money/

NASSAU, Bahamas—FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried said he couldn’t explain what happened to billions of dollars that customers of his failed cryptocurrency exchange sent to the bank accounts of his trading firm, Alameda Research.

And he said he couldn’t rule out the possibility that money deposited by FTX customers who were told their money was theirs alone was in fact lent to Alameda.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Mr. Bankman-Fried distanced himself from Alameda, saying he had stepped back from running the firm and had little insight into its workings even though he owned 90% of it.

Some FTX customers made deposits by wiring money to Alameda-controlled bank accounts, with the intention that the money be used to fund their FTX accounts. That was a legacy of the exchange’s early days when FTX didn’t have its own bank account, Mr. Bankman-Fried said. Over time, FTX customers deposited more than $5 billion in those Alameda accounts, he said. Now those funds are gone.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ftx-founde ... djemcrypto
So for those who support Citizens United, we get guys like this influencing regulations and political outcomes.

Congrats!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Or he took a lesson from Bernie Madoff and was careful about whom he stole from
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:57 am Basically, what is our money right now. We are headed in the direction of money and coinless society. It will all be cards and microchips eventually.
There will always be an unofficial currency tied to the value of something like marijuana for barter.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Got a guy at work that harasses me every day about buying some Shiba Inu and Dogecoin.

Keeps saying if Shib goes to a penny, I'll be a millionaire! Then after that discussion, he proceeded to tell me Elvis is alive and is actually a preacher in Arkansas now! :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz