CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Israel-Palestine Drama Thread

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:52 am You’ll note that klam still hasn’t linked to any “big picture” instances of Jew-instigated violence or harassment

It is pretty much a hallmark of someone who is listening to unsubstantiated propaganda .. or as CNN likes to say, “....... X said without evidence.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This took about 30 seconds of finding but perhaps there’s more substantiated stuff out there.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/05/06/is ... kh-jarrah/
I’ll see your minuscule right wing Israelis, isolated to a 3 square mile area in Israel, and raise you global, persistent targeting of Jews in every country where Jews live

I should have known you would look to these minority fringe elements to somehow demonstrate that we are dealing with co-equal groups of assholes

You’re on the side of some of the most vile, rabid antisemitic terrorists on the face of the earth since the actual WWII Nazis, klam. Soak that up, I guess

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:18 pm
kalm wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:03 pm

Maybe but that’s an entirely different debate.
:suspicious: When did that stop us? The debate that you're trying to pin CID down on is entirely different from the points he's making as well.

The Palestinian cause in the US is very much a left-wing cause regardless of whether Muslims are right-wing or left-wing. The belief that the Palestinians in Gaza are victims and the Israelis are the aggressors is based on emotion and ideology, not reason and fact. Maybe the situation is too nuanced for you to comprehend ... ;)
CID tried to pin ME down. I avoid trying to pin him down in general on foreign policy and politics. He’s clearly earned his chops.

I’ll restate: leadership on both sides are assholes (my first point in the thread).

Clearly both sides are guilty of aggression.

Of course considering collateral damage is emotional. Little kids dying is sad. Then again, all death over political arguments, religion, and race is sad. Unless you think they deserve what they get I guess. (Btw, that famous Muslim, Bernie Sanders is asking to tone down the Palestinian apartheid rhetoric from the left as it can lead to increased anti-semitism.)

Israel’s shit stinks too but it is well defended in this country.

But yes...a black and white worldview is far easier to roll with (at least emotionally).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:55 pm
kalm wrote:
This took about 30 seconds of finding but perhaps there’s more substantiated stuff out there.

I’ll see your minuscule right wing Israelis, isolated to a 3 square mile area in Israel, and raise you global, persistent targeting of Jews in every country where Jews live

I should have known you would look to these minority fringe elements to somehow demonstrate that we are dealing with co-equal groups of assholes

You’re on the side of some of the most vile, rabid antisemitic terrorists on the face of the earth since the actual WWII Nazis, klam. Soak that up, I guess

You asked for an example which took me all of 30 seconds to find. You didn’t ask for me to prove equivalency. I’m quite sure your concerns over anti-semitism are well founded. I’m not on any side...which seems to be problematic for you.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

CID1990 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:55 pm
kalm wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

andy7171 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:55 pm I’ll see your minuscule right wing Israelis, isolated to a 3 square mile area in Israel, and raise you global, persistent targeting of Jews in every country where Jews live

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Only thing missing is a scruffy looking guy in a rocking chair with a guitar screaming "but I am postpartisan" while sailing through the air. ImageImage
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:28 am
andy7171 wrote:

Only thing missing is a scruffy looking guy in a rocking chair with a guitar screaming "but I am postpartisan" while sailing through the air. ImageImage
Assholes...the lot of ya...

:ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:51 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:18 pm
:suspicious: When did that stop us? The debate that you're trying to pin CID down on is entirely different from the points he's making as well.

The Palestinian cause in the US is very much a left-wing cause regardless of whether Muslims are right-wing or left-wing. The belief that the Palestinians in Gaza are victims and the Israelis are the aggressors is based on emotion and ideology, not reason and fact. Maybe the situation is too nuanced for you to comprehend ... ;)
CID tried to pin ME down. I avoid trying to pin him down in general on foreign policy and politics. He’s clearly earned his chops.

I’ll restate: leadership on both sides are assholes (my first point in the thread).

Of course considering collateral damage is emotional. Little kids dying is sad. Then again, all death over political arguments, religion, and race is sad. Unless you think they deserve what they get I guess. (Btw, that famous Muslim, Bernie Sanders is asking to tone down the Palestinian apartheid rhetoric from the left as it can lead to increased anti-semitism.)

But yes...a black and white worldview is far easier to roll with (at least emotionally).
Can you argue that Israel has crossed the line and used excessive force? Yes. Does that justify bigots harassing Jews around the globe? Absolutely not. Whataboutism to deflect from or defend that bigotry is BS.

Are there people like Tlaib who act like this is all Israel's fault and refuse to acknowledge that Hamas is also an aggressor? Yes. Are there people who act like this is all the Palestinians' fault and refuse to acknowledge that Israel may be doing more than just defending itself? Yes.

I understand Israel not toeing the line and doing more than just defending itself. Tit-for-tat, proportional responses aren't going to work.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:04 am
kalm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:51 am

Can you argue that Israel has crossed the line and used excessive force? Yes. Does that justify bigots harassing Jews around the globe? Absolutely not. Whataboutism to deflect from or defend that bigotry is BS.

Are there people like Tlaib who act like this is all Israel's fault and refuse to acknowledge that Hamas is also an aggressor? Yes. Are there people who act like this is all the Palestinians' fault and refuse to acknowledge that Israel may be doing more than just defending itself? Yes.

I understand Israel not toeing the line and doing more than just defending itself. Tit-for-tat, proportional responses aren't going to work.
Guilty as charged on the whataboutism and I appreciate acknowledgment that Israel shares some blame.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Winterborn wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:28 am
andy7171 wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:17 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:04 am

Guilty as charged on the whataboutism and I appreciate acknowledgment that Israel shares some blame.
:thumb:

I think if you go through my posts you'll find at least one where I talk about percentage of blame/responsibility and no side is more than 55-60% responsible, which means that the other side is at least 40-45% responsible. Which side you believe is the most responsible is debatable. I have a problem with charlatans who promote the idea that it's almost all Israel's or the Palestinians' fault. Tlaib falls in this category.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:38 am
kalm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:17 am

:thumb:

I think if you go through my posts you'll find at least one where I talk about percentage of blame/responsibility and no side is more than 55-60% responsible, which means that the other side is at least 40-45% responsible. Which side you believe is the most responsible is debatable. I have a problem with charlatans who promote the idea that it's almost all Israel's or the Palestinians' fault. Tlaib falls in this category.
Unless there are more than two sides. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Time for Israel to take the gloves off.
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/10/07 ... e-n2164779
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:59 am Time for Israel to take the gloves off.
Two conk led groups going to war again. No winners here.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Holy shit. This is already bad, but you know the retaliation is going to be insane.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Not sure if it's just bullshit, and I highly doubt we'll get the truth, but it's being said Hamas has weaponry that was sent to Ukraine.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:07 pm Not sure if it's just bullshit, and I highly doubt we'll get the truth, but it's being said Hamas has weaponry that was sent to Ukraine.
Who’s saying it?

Interesting considering Iran supports both Russia and Hamas.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:59 am Time for Israel to take the gloves off.
What’s this reach based on? All groups prone to violence must be conk?

Good to know that the Squat shows their bipartisan cred by supporting a conk group.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:06 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:07 pm Not sure if it's just bullshit, and I highly doubt we'll get the truth, but it's being said Hamas has weaponry that was sent to Ukraine.
Who’s saying it?

Interesting considering Iran supports both Russia and Hamas.
Typical Twitter talk and that's why I said not sure if bullshit, but I don't think the Ukrainians would have any problem selling weaponry to anyone on the black market. It seems the be the reason the US doesn't have an auditor over in Ukraine watching where everything goes.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:27 pm
kalm wrote:

Good to know that the Squat shows their bipartisan cred by supporting a conk group.
It’s an old point made by D1B. Muslim terrorists and drug dealers are two groups who clearly display some conservative tendencies.

Patriarchal, war like, anti-government. Drug dealers are free market libertarians and Muslims, religious traditionalists.

:mrgreen:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:48 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:27 pm

It’s an old point made by D1B. Muslim terrorists and drug dealers are two groups who clearly display some conservative tendencies.

Patriarchal, war like, anti-government. Drug dealers are free market libertarians and Muslims, religious traditionalists.

Sounds like Antifa all wrapped up into one.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:26 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:48 pm

No. I’m pretty sure Antifa is on the left side of the spectrum.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:26 pm Sounds like Antifa all wrapped up into one.
But they’re violent and antigovernment.

Why does the squat love the Palestinian cause if they’re conks?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:39 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:26 pm

But they are anti-government and terroristic. Probably drug dealers too.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:39 pm No. I’m pretty sure Antifa is on the left side of the spectrum.
Wait, are we talking about AnTiFa? Or MAGAt yahoos? They have so many similarities. :coffee:

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:21 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
Wait, are we talking about AnTiFa? Or MAGAt yahoos? They have so many similarities. :coffee:

Drop the drug dealer part and we have a match!