BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Israel-Palestine Drama Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:09 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:13 pm Columbia Univ displays its blatant anti semitism.
The kids are alright. What Israel is doing SHOULD be protested. But the voice of the opposition defending Israel should also be heard. No matter how stupid their arguments… like this Shai dude.

Well at least you admit you think antisemitism and wiping Israel off the map (what the protestors are for) is alright..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:09 am

The kids are alright. What Israel is doing SHOULD be protested. But the voice of the opposition defending Israel should also be heard. No matter how stupid their arguments… like this Shai dude.

Well at least you admit you think antisemitism and wiping Israel off the map (what the protestors are for) is alright..
Why would you think otherwise?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 am
In general, yes, protesting is perfectly fine and should be allowed. I do think there has been some overreach on the side of folks trying to quell these protests. With that said, there also no doubt that there's either a good amount of antisemitism out there or also a whole lot of ignorance out there (and it can be both, some of these protestors don't come off as terribly bright) when they start asking for violence against Jews (and demanding the intifada to be brought here pretty much implies that).
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am

In general, yes, protesting is perfectly fine and should be allowed. I do think there has been some overreach on the side of folks trying to quell these protests. With that said, there also no doubt that there's either a good amount of antisemitism out there or also a whole lot of ignorance out there (and it can be both, some of these protestors don't come off as terribly bright) when they start asking for violence against Jews (and demanding the intifada to be brought here pretty much implies that).
Yep. The extremists on both sides are a loud minority and tend to spoil the message.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Say you what you want about vile Donald but on the spread of the anti Israel protests, he’s right on the money!

"He's got the wrong words. He doesn't know who he's backing. And it's a mess. And if this were me, they'd be after me, they'd be after me so much, but they're trying to get him a pass. And what's going on is a disgrace to our country. And it's all Biden's fault, and everybody knows it. He's got no message, he's got no compassion and doesn't know what he's doing," Trump continued, adding Biden is the "worst president in the history of our country."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:33 am Say you what you want about vile Donald but on the spread of the anti Israel protests, he’s right on the money!

"He's got the wrong words. He doesn't know who he's backing. And it's a mess. And if this were me, they'd be after me, they'd be after me so much, but they're trying to get him a pass. And what's going on is a disgrace to our country. And it's all Biden's fault, and everybody knows it. He's got no message, he's got no compassion and doesn't know what he's doing," Trump continued, adding Biden is the "worst president in the history of our country."
Waaaaahhhh!
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Leftist violent punks doing what they do best

“At USC on Wednesday, mayhem ensued when authorities began cracking down on unlawful activity and arrested protesters. Hundreds of students clashed with USC Department of Public Safety officers as the confrontations escalated.”
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 pm Leftist violent punks doing what they do best

“At USC on Wednesday, mayhem ensued when authorities began cracking down on unlawful activity and arrested protesters. Hundreds of students clashed with USC Department of Public Safety officers as the confrontations escalated.”
Meanwhile, Israel killed 22 people on Monday near Rafa. 18 of them children.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 pm Leftist violent punks doing what they do best

The primary instigators aren't even students. They're members of the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, SVR, etc. executing false flag operations to make biden and liberal college students look bad.

:sarcasm:
(just in case people are too dense to get it)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:01 pm

The primary instigators aren't even students. They're members of the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, SVR, etc. executing false flag operations to make biden and liberal college students look bad.

:sarcasm:
(just in case people are too dense to get it)
I get sarcasm so the sarcasm Giffy wasn’t really necessary, on second thought, I guess it was because almost nobody gets mine… maybe I’ll have to start using it
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep. Protesting is not illegal. But illegally "occupying" areas despite dispersal orders, setting up encampments, and preventing others from passing is.

Notice how almost all of these protests receiving national attention are taking place in blue states? For ex see a lot of protests at SEC/Big 12 schools.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 pm

Meanwhile, Israel killed 22 people on Monday near Rafa. 18 of them children.
Thats a small amount of collateral damage for a war zone. There were days in WWII when the allies killed tens of thousands of German and Japanese civilians without a peep of protest. You elect tyrranical regimes that start wars, many of your civilians die.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:59 am
Yep. Protesting is not illegal. But illegally "occupying" areas despite dispersal orders, setting up encampments, and preventing others from passing is.

Notice how almost all of these protests receiving national attention are taking place in blue states? For ex see a lot of protests at SEC/Big 12 schools.
One exception, handled right.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2024/04/24 ... s-n2173255
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:08 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:59 am

Did they manage to arrest any of the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers or SVR agents who instigated the protests as part of their false flag operation? They probably let them go. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 am

Did they manage to arrest any of the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers or SVR agents who instigated the protests as part of their false flag operation? They probably let them go. :coffee:
:jack:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Sarcasm !

Honestly these protesters need a beat down … way to much restraint being shown to these idiots

Go ahead 88. I know what’s coming from you….
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 am

Sarcasm !

Honestly these protesters need a beat down … way to much restraint being shown to these idiots

I believe BDKKKaren was one of the poster pushing the false flag crap over January 6 so that was appropriate.

You might be surprised to hear that during the AnTiFa/BLM riots of 2020 I told people that sometimes authorities need to knock some skulls. There should be consequences to property damage, violence and intimidation. If these protesters are damaging property, hurting and/or intimidating people then they should be arrested and force is appropriate if they resist.

They should have done the same thing to the seditious twats who stormed the Capitol on January 6. I try to be consistent in supporting law & order and not pick and choose based on the ideology of the protesters. You should try it sometime.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:59 am

Sarcasm !

I believe BDKKKaren was one of the poster pushing the false flag crap over January 6 so that was appropriate.

You might be surprised to hear that during the AnTiFa/BLM riots of 2020 I told people that sometimes authorities need to knock some skulls. There should be consequences to property damage, violence and intimidation. If these protesters are damaging property, hurting and/or intimidating people then they should be arrested and force is appropriate if they resist.

They should have done the same thing to the seditious twats who stormed the Capitol on January 6. I try to be consistent in supporting law & order and not pick and choose based on the ideology of the protesters. You should try it sometime.
At some point occupying a public space crosses the legal line too. I'm all for protests, but there are legal and illegal ways to do it. Want a rally? Get a permit. Want to set up in some public space and make it inaccessible to others? Probably illegal. If you don't leave after repeated asks to leave, I have no problem arresting folks. I never like protests that block roadways or bridges. If you want to do that because you think it'll gain attention, fine, but do it with the full knowledge that you'll be arrested and charged for doing so. If you believe in your cause then so be it, but you'll still take the charge going on your record.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:05 am

At some point occupying a public space crosses the legal line too. I'm all for protests, but there are legal and illegal ways to do it. Want a rally? Get a permit. Want to set up in some public space and make it inaccessible to others? Probably illegal. If you don't leave after repeated asks to leave, I have no problem arresting folks. I never like protests that block roadways or bridges. If you want to do that because you think it'll gain attention, fine, but do it with the full knowledge that you'll be arrested and charged for doing so. If you believe in your cause then so be it, but you'll still take the charge going on your record.
I agree. In Portland, protesters like to block the Interstates, especially bridges. They should be arrested.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time should apply to protesters who cross the line, shouldn't matter if they support Palestinians or trump.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:05 am

I agree. In Portland, protesters like to block the Interstates, especially bridges. They should be arrested.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time should apply to protesters who cross the line, shouldn't matter if they support Palestinians or trump.
Agreed.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:05 am I never like protests that block roadways or bridges. If you want to do that because you think it'll gain attention, fine, but do it with the full knowledge that you'll be arrested and charged for doing so. If you believe in your cause then so be it, but you'll still take the charge going on your record.
said the Selma PD in 1965
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:39 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:05 am I never like protests that block roadways or bridges. If you want to do that because you think it'll gain attention, fine, but do it with the full knowledge that you'll be arrested and charged for doing so. If you believe in your cause then so be it, but you'll still take the charge going on your record.
said the Selma PD in 1965
Apples to oranges - Did the protesters march across the bridge or stand on it blocking traffic? Did authorities arrest them for blocking the bridge or did they team with a white posse/mob to prevent them from crossing and then physically assault the protesters? Authorities are capable of arresting protesters who break the law without bigotry and unnecessary violence.

As Ganny said "If you believe in your cause then so be it, but you'll still take the charge going on your record." Anyone arrested in Selma should be proud to have stood up for what was right and getting arrested. In the future, pro-Palestinian protesters might be thought of in the same positive light as Selma and other civil rights protesters. They might not.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Sarcasm !

Why didn’t they? I would have had no problem with it.

Again why didn’t they? Hmmmmm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 pm

Because January 6 was really a false flag operation by the DoJ?

That's what the gullible fools in cuckoo land / bizarro world believe.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:00 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 pm

Because January 6 was really a false flag operation by the DoJ?

That's what the gullible fools in cuckoo land / bizarro world believe.
No no no that’s not it