Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Israel-Palestine Drama Thread

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:44 pm Not irrelevant. Even if there was evidence, kalmy would question it like he questioned the authenticity of photos of a weapons cache in a hospital.

He’s almost as skeptical of evidence supporting right wing causes as MAGAt yahoos are of evidence of trumps wrongdoings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh…your take on this continues to not age well.
Explain to me how your MO of mistrusting right wing sources while trusting left wing sources is different from the MAGAt yahoo MO of doing the opposite.

Reasoned skepticism is healthy. Biased skepticism isn’t.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:44 pm
houndawg wrote:
Irrelevant.

If there is evidence a command center under the hospital why hasn't Israel shown it? Obviously it would be to their great advantage if true.
Not irrelevant. Even if there was evidence, kalmy would question it like he questioned the authenticity of photos of a weapons cache in a hospital.

He’s almost as skeptical of evidence supporting right wing causes as MAGAt yahoos are of evidence of trumps wrongdoings.

...kalm's scepticism means diddly squat to the Israelis.

If there is a command center under the hospital why haven't they shown the evidence?

So far we've seen a couple of rusty AKs and a chair.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:06 am
kalm wrote:
Eh…your take on this continues to not age well.
Explain to me how your MO of mistrusting right wing sources while trusting left wing sources is different from the MAGAt yahoo MO of doing the opposite.

You’re throwing the right and left into this. I’m just skeptical.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:06 am Explain to me how your MO of mistrusting right wing sources while trusting left wing sources is different from the MAGAt yahoo MO of doing the opposite.

You’re throwing the right and left into this. I’m just skeptical of anyone with a different ideology.
FYP

You believe Filipkowski and your skepticism of Taibbi increased as he stopped towing the illiberal line.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:11 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:44 pm

Not irrelevant. Even if there was evidence, kalmy would question it like he questioned the authenticity of photos of a weapons cache in a hospital.

If there is a command center under the hospital why haven't they shown the evidence?

What exactly would a Hamas command center even look like? These are basically guys with rifles or mortars who lob rockets or attacks across the border, mostly against civilian populations, and then they melt back into their own civilian populations. What logistical sophistication would they need to do these types of haphazard attacks anyway? Wherever they are holding hostages, it's likely to be a literal hole in the ground, not some Hollywood-type set from a movie with computers and a clean-room environment.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:24 am
kalm wrote:
You’re throwing the right and left into this. I’m just skeptical of anyone with a different ideology.
FYP

You believe Filipkowski and your skepticism of Taibbi increased as he stopped towing the illiberal line.

The list of conservatives and former Republicans who lampoon MAGA is long…including yourself my friend. :)

And Taibbi? :lol: Next you’re going to scold me for being disappointed in Glenn Greenwald too. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:21 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:11 am

What exactly would a Hamas command center even look like? These are basically guys with rifles or mortars who lob rockets or attacks across the border, mostly against civilian populations, and then they melt back into their own civilian populations. What logistical sophistication would they need to do these types of haphazard attacks anyway? Wherever they are holding hostages, it's likely to be a literal hole in the ground, not some Hollywood-type set from a movie with computers and a clean-room environment.
Nice deflection. :lol:

Your question should be directed to Israel - it was the Israelis who attacked the hospital because there was a Hamas command center underneath the hospital. Where is it?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:24 am
kalm wrote:
FYP

(toeing.)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:21 pm

Your question should be directed to Israel - it was the Israelis who attacked the hospital because there was a Hamas command center underneath the hospital. Where is it?
It's not a deflection, it's an honest question. The tunnels they have shown look to be nothing more than the same kind of tunnels we've seen for illegal border crosses on our own southern border - narrow, barely enough space for people to move. So the question is still valid - what more can you find of these things, especially once you destroy what's above it?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:34 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:03 pm

It's not a deflection, it's an honest question. The tunnels they have shown look to be nothing more than the same kind of tunnels we've seen for illegal border crosses on our own southern border - narrow, barely enough space for people to move. So the question is still valid - what more can you find of these things, especially once you destroy what's above it?
Maybe we should ask the Israelis since it was their justification?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:41 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:34 pm

Maybe we should ask the Israelis since it was their justification?
its all right there in Hunter's laptop, right down to the space lasers.... gonna shock the world
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023...s-on-campuses/

"Maher said, “I honestly think the kids, I think they’re — you know that phrase, useful idiots? The bigger scandal here is that these are the biggest, most esteemed colleges in the country and they’ve raised a bunch of *****ing idiots. So, do I really think they want to wipe out the Jews? I don’t. But they have this — they live by buzzwords and what they read on TikTok, they want to be an ally of people who have more melanin and less money. That’s who you have to be an ally [to], don’t think of it past more than that. And that’s — how did this happen at these colleges? Which, you and I both have been talking about this for a long time. And by the way, there’s a group of us, I would call us old-school liberals, which, we get called conservative for being that now. And, for a long time, my dear liberal friends, but the ones who only watch MSNBC and read The New York Times, they were like, what are you talking about? If there’s anything good that has come out of this, it’s that now you see what we’ve been talking about. We were not making it up.”
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:17 am https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023...s-on-campuses/

"Maher said, “I honestly think the kids, I think they’re — you know that phrase, useful idiots? The bigger scandal here is that these are the biggest, most esteemed colleges in the country and they’ve raised a bunch of *****ing idiots. So, do I really think they want to wipe out the Jews? I don’t. But they have this — they live by buzzwords and what they read on TikTok, they want to be an ally of people who have more melanin and less money. That’s who you have to be an ally [to], don’t think of it past more than that. And that’s — how did this happen at these colleges? Which, you and I both have been talking about this for a long time. And by the way, there’s a group of us, I would call us old-school liberals, which, we get called conservative for being that now. And, for a long time, my dear liberal friends, but the ones who only watch MSNBC and read The New York Times, they were like, what are you talking about? If there’s anything good that has come out of this, it’s that now you see what we’ve been talking about. We were not making it up.”
Maher has become an old crank but he’s raising some fair points about college campuses.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:54 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:17 am https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023...s-on-campuses/

Maher has become an honest old crank but he’s raising some fair points about college campuses.
FYP
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:04 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:46 pm

This. They might even investigate Hunter, indict a Democratic Senator, and confiscate Eric Adams phone…
Well, it would've been harder not to investigate Hunter and Menendez. Hunter was jet-setting around the globe collecting millions based on an expertise he clearly didn't have (other than being able to get Joe on the phone), and Menendez was stupid enough to be caught for corruption after somehow beating the rap for similar corruption almost a decade ago. I don't know what Adams did, only saw the headlines. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's several levels lower than the other two guys.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

They are right.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:16 am They are right.

Netanyahoo and Hamas need each other
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:50 pm

True dat.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:

Like the Democratic Party and trump.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:52 pm
houndawg wrote:
Like the Democratic Party and trump.

Brawwwwk! hypocrites all of you! Brawwwwk!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Shit is flaring up.

U.S. shoots down 12 suicide drones, three anti-ship ballistic missiles and two land attack cruise missiles fired by Iran-backed rebels in southern Red Sea over 10-hour period
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ornet.html
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

See these road blockages daily now around the country. These disproportionately woke white people need to be run the fuck over. Kudos to this man for standing up to them.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Things heating up in DC with the muslim crazies..
WATCH: Pro-Hamas Crew Attempts to Storm WH Grounds; DC Police in Riot Gear, Secret Service Engaging
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/01 ... g-n2168687