Here we go again (insert your cities here).

Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Here we go again (insert your cities here).

Post by BDKJMU »

Knoxville:
Knoxville, Tennessee, saw a second night of protesting Thursday in reaction to the recent shooting death by police of high school student Anthony Thompson Jr.

Wednesday’s first night of unrest followed the release of police bodycam footage of the incident and the Knox County district attorney’s claim that a police officer’s use of deadly force was justified.

The video showed Thompson, 17, was carrying a gun when he was shot in a school restroom, the Knoxville News Sentinel reported.

On Thursday, calls for police reforms and for the Knoxville police officers involved in the shooting to face charges seemed louder than during the previous evening’s protest, the report said....
https://www.foxnews.com/us/knoxville-se ... -is-enough
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Re: Here we go again (insert your cities here).

Post by BDKJMU »

Elizabeth City, NC
Hundreds of protesters reportedly came out for a second night in Elizabeth City, N.C., Thursday to demand answers in the fatal shooting of a Black man by a sheriff’s deputy on Wednesday.

Andrew Brown Jr. was "fatally wounded" as Pasquotank County sheriff’s deputies executed a search warrant for felony drug charges around 8:30 a.m., Pasquotank County Sheriff Tommy S. Wooten II said at a press conference Wednesday afternoon. The North Carolina Bureau of Investigation, an outside agency, was "immediately contacted" and is conducting the investigation into the matter, the sheriff added....
https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-caroli ... -black-man
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Re: Here we go again (insert your cities here).

Post by BDKJMU »

Anthony Alvarez shooting: Chicago Police release bodycam footage, audio as city leaders call for peace
Anthony Alvarez, 22, was fatally shot by Chicago Police on March 31
....One of the videos shows the officer ordering Alvarez to "drop the gun" twice as he chases behind him before allegedly firing five rounds. Alvarez appears to be running away from him at the time. Police video shows a firearm was found just feet away from where Alvarez fell after being shot.The office responds: "You had a gun," video shows.

Chicago Police also posted a video compilation of the events....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/anthony-alva ... am-footage