Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Trans in Sports

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:46 am All that desk pounding and no bear spray, Buffalo heads, or capital storming?

Dems need to up their game, man. :ohno:
:lol: Yeah, the fact that you don't get this isn't surprising.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:24 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:46 am All that desk pounding and no bear spray, Buffalo heads, or capital storming?

Dems need to up their game, man. :ohno:
Explain to me what you think I don’t get.

:popcorn:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:32 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:24 am

The difference between some extremist citizens and elected officials who are supposed to be better than that.

Fringe on both sides are crazy. But the average liberal is right there too. Why else would we have so many people take to the streets for liberal causes? You can make an argument that they're just more passionate, but I can make the argument they are fanatical.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:45 am

The difference between some extremist citizens and elected officials who are supposed to be better than that.

Fringe on both sides are crazy. But the average liberal is right there too. Why else would we have so many people take to the streets for liberal causes? You can make an argument that they're just more passionate, but I can make the argument they are fanatical.
You could also make the argument that they're naive and gullible. I don't have a problem with people taking to the streets to protest what they see as injustice. Their ignoring, rationalizing and/or defending the violent anarchists that use those protests as cover to riot is one thing that shows that they are naive and gullible. The average conservative might be just as naive and gullible if they followed the Trump Pied Piper.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Does Joe Biden's towering Home Run at the Congressional ballgame qualify to be in this thread?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:19 am I don't have a problem with people taking to the streets to protest what they see as injustice.
I don't either, but not everything that goes against your thinking is unjust. I don't think your average liberal would agree with my statement.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:00 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:19 am I don't have a problem with people taking to the streets to protest what they see as injustice.
I don't either, but not everything that goes against your thinking is unjust. I don't think your average liberal would agree with my statement.
I agree but that argument applies to the average MAGAt as well. Trump losing the election wasn't unjust. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:07 pm

I agree but that argument applies to the average MAGAt as well. Trump losing the election wasn't unjust. :coffee:
Agreed, but one side marches weekly.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

The “average liberal” is right where too? And are you speaking of just fanatical people too or just public officials?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So the average conservative understands the unjustness of their own thinking better than the average liberal?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:21 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:07 pm

So it’s the frequency of marches you disagree with?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:14 pm

So the average conservative understands the unjustness of their own thinking better than the average liberal?
You want to reword that Mr McLeadingquestion?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:15 pm

Yes.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

I didn't do the count, but I"m guessing it would only take one hand to count the conservative marches in DC....

January 20 – The DisruptJ20 Protests. Actions that occurred in Washington, DC that attempted to disrupt events of the presidential inauguration of the 45th U.S. President, Donald Trump.
January 21 – Women's March on Washington, estimated 1,500,000 protesters marched in the Nation's Capital (with over 1.3 million estimated marched across the United States), and another 3,200,000 marched across the world to promote women's rights, immigration reform, and LGBTQ rights, and to address racial inequities, worker's issues, and environmental issues. This marks the protest as the largest combined protest across the United States.
January 27 – The annual March for Life protest through Washington, D.C. in dissent of the decision made in the 1973 Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade.
January 28 – 2017 United States Donald Trump airport protests Thousands of protesters across varying U.S. airports to protest Donald Trump's Executive Order 13769. In implementation of the order, an estimated 375 travelers were affected by the order.
January 29 – More than 5,000 protesters marched from the White House to the U.S. Capitol to demonstrate opposition to the Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements executive order. Thousands of protesters also appeared at airports across the country.[52]
March 4 – March 4 Trump
March 10 – Native People's March on Washington - Thousands of primarily Indigenous people marched from west of Union Station to Lafyette square. The march was led in part by members of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and protested the Dakota Access Pipeline, broken treaties, and the U.S. Government's treatment of Indigenous people. The event began on March 7, when a symbolic Tipi camp was erected at the Washington Monument.
April 15 – Tax March, The intent of the march was to pressure U.S. President Donald Trump to release his tax returns.
April 22 – March for Science, The march in Washington drew about 40,000 participants and proceeded to the National Mall where scientists and others discussed their work and the importance of evidence-based policy.
April 29 – People's Climate March. Between 100,000 and 200,000 protested, in unseasonably warm temperatures, Trump's anti-climate agenda
May 1 – May Day Action: Immigrants and Workers March
May 28 – PGA Trump Protest on Memorial Day weekend against President Trump's with the internet of disrupting Senior PGA Senior Championship at Trump National Golf Course Washington DC to be broadcast live on NBC.
June 3 – About 100,000 protesters participated in the March for Truth to demand a large scale and quick investigation of American and Russian political collusion in the 2016 election.
June 11 – National Pride March
August 26 – Women's Equality Day – March and Rally from St. Stephen's Episcopal Church to National Mall, Washington, D.C.
September 16 – Juggalo March on Washington to protest the FBI gang label (see Juggalo gangs)
September 16 – Mother of All Rallies at The National Mall in Washington D.C.
September 18 – Restoring Freedom: March to protest the Family Court systems.
September 30 – March for Racial Justice; March for Black Women
October 7 – National Popular Vote March for 2020

January 19 – March for Life 2018 - The annual March for Life protest through Washington, D.C. in dissent of the decision made in the 1973 Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade.
January 20 & 21 – 2018 Women's March - Thousands took to the streets on the anniversary of the inauguration of Donald Trump as president of the United States.
March 24 – March for Our Lives
April 14 – March for Science - This year the main focus was on direct advocacy, encouraging people to get involved to build a future where science informs the policies that impact our lives and communities.
June 28 – Women Disobey, Protest against the Trump administration family separation policy.
June 30 – Families Belong Together, more than 30,000 people rallied in downtown D.C. to protest the Trump administration's immigration policies.
August 12 – Unite the Right 2
September 8 – Rise for Climate
November 8 – Nobody Is Above the Law

January 18 – March for Life 2019 - The annual March for Life protest through Washington, D.C. in dissent of the decision made in the 1973 Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade.
January 18 – Indigenous Peoples March (and many other solidarity marches)
January 19 – Women's March on Washington (and many other local marches)
February 16 – Take Back the Vote, march on Washington before Congress introduces the new Voting Rights Act.
March 14 – Kids at Washington Liberty, Yorktown, and other schools near D.C, marched against gun violence. Kids wore orange and held big signs to protest.
March 15 – School strike for climate, international movement of school students, repeating event
May 27 – Last ride by Rolling Thunder in Washington, DC.
July 9 – Extinction Rebellion Rally demanding that Congress formally declare a climate emergency
September – September 2019 climate strikes
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Frequency is a significant consideration to 89 just like location is a significant consideration to you. Why can't you just acknowledge and respect his perspective rather than going all toxic liberal and itsplaining to him why he's wrong? :D
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

are juggalos liberals?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:19 am

You could also make the argument that they're naive and gullible. I don't have a problem with people taking to the streets to protest what they see as injustice. Their ignoring, rationalizing and/or defending the violent anarchists that use those protests as cover to riot is one thing that shows that they are naive and gullible. The average conservative might be just as naive and gullible if they followed the Trump Pied Piper.
:nod:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:58 pm are juggalos liberals?
Good question. They could be the Catholics of the music world... 50/50.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:are juggalos liberals?
First of all you need to quit with the passive aggressive pussy stuff and say what juggalos are, and why you think that reality makes a contrary argument.

Being coy and cryptic like klam will not stop me from owning you if you are wrong. And you’re wrong 99% of the time, Reek.

(maybe that’s why you’re coy and cryptic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:36 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:14 pm

You want to reword that Mr McLeadingquestion?
No. I’m just still trying to figure out what I’m not getting.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Yes.
So if the liberals marched less you’d be ok with them?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:57 pm

Frequency is a significant consideration to 89 just like location is a significant consideration to you. Why can't you just acknowledge and respect his perspective rather than going all toxic liberal and itsplaining to him why he's wrong? :D
Man!

:mrgreen:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:08 am

Yes.
So if the liberals marched less you’d be ok with them?
Yes.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:45 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote:are juggalos liberals?
First of all you need to quit with the passive aggressive pussy stuff and say what juggalos are, and why you think that reality makes a contrary argument.

Being coy and cryptic like klam will not stop me from owning you if you are wrong. And you’re wrong 99% of the time, Reek.

(maybe that’s why you’re coy and cryptic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i just love that my little three word post can get this reaction from you :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)