kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Trans in Sports

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:44 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:35 pm To paraphrase Cowherd…suddenly a bunch of people really care about collegiate swimming.
Fuck cowherd. It's about competition. For their whole lives, these kids have been divided up based on their abilities. Now you have someone who is totally new dominating.

I'm not for banning, but how do we introduce a new division that gives them respect and fair competition?
We have a saying around the club. “Play harder”. :coffee:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Since we care so much about women's swimming -

Can't believe no one is talking about Kate Douglas. Won NCAAs with new American records in the 50 free, 100 butterfly, and 200 breaststroke. Super diverse lineup. :clap:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:23 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:44 pm

Fuck cowherd. It's about competition. For their whole lives, these kids have been divided up based on their abilities. Now you have someone who is totally new dominating.

I'm not for banning, but how do we introduce a new division that gives them respect and fair competition?
We have a saying around the club. “Play harder”. :coffee:
Or add a chromosome.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:32 pm Since we care so much about women's swimming -

Can't believe no one is talking about Kate Douglas. Won NCAAs with new American records in the 50 free, 100 butterfly, and 200 breaststroke. Super diverse lineup. :clap:
It's not about swimming, but you knew that already.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/radical- ... rats-women

Dems systematically destroying their party, one special interest group at a time….I love it.
ATLANTA – A group of feminists protesting outside the women's NCAA swimming championships told Fox News they have "walked away" from the Democratic Party and believe many others have as well.

"I was historically liberal. I would say I'm politically homeless now because I don't think the Democrats care about women and girls," one activist with the group Save Women’s Sports told Fox News.

The women’s advocacy group has been outside Georgia Tech’s athletic center protesting transgender swimmer Lia Thomas competing in the NCAA women’s swimming and diving championships since Wednesday.

"Feminism has become so muddied, much like the term Democrat has become so muddied. It's practically lost all meaning," Amy E. Sousa, one of the leaders of the group and a self-described "radical feminist," told Fox News.

"I am a lifelong registered Democrat who ultimately feels politically homeless," Sousa added. "With the whole Biden election, I began to feel more and more disenfranchised from Democrats as a party, and I began to feel more and more that they did not represent my beliefs or my views."
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:46 pm https://www.foxnews.com/sports/radical- ... rats-women

Dems systematically destroying their party, one special interest group at a time….I love it.
ATLANTA – A group of feminists protesting outside the women's NCAA swimming championships told Fox News they have "walked away" from the Democratic Party and believe many others have as well.

"I was historically liberal. I would say I'm politically homeless now because I don't think the Democrats care about women and girls," one activist with the group Save Women’s Sports told Fox News.

The women’s advocacy group has been outside Georgia Tech’s athletic center protesting transgender swimmer Lia Thomas competing in the NCAA women’s swimming and diving championships since Wednesday.

"Feminism has become so muddied, much like the term Democrat has become so muddied. It's practically lost all meaning," Amy E. Sousa, one of the leaders of the group and a self-described "radical feminist," told Fox News.

"I am a lifelong registered Democrat who ultimately feels politically homeless," Sousa added. "With the whole Biden election, I began to feel more and more disenfranchised from Democrats as a party, and I began to feel more and more that they did not represent my beliefs or my views."
They’ll probably come slinking back to the Democrats on Election Day. The best the Republicans can hope for is that some of these “homeless” women won’t vote.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:16 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:46 pm https://www.foxnews.com/sports/radical- ... rats-women

They’ll probably come slinking back to the Democrats on Election Day. The best the Republicans can hope for is that some of these “homeless” women won’t vote.
Exactly, IT. We’ll see some of both, and some of them moving to the more conservative side. The sensible faction of the party is starting to come around to understanding that what the Dems stand for doesn’t represent those with a brainstem.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This made me giggle a little.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

At some point you become so open-minded you've depleted all your brain tissue.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:11 am At some point you become so open-minded you've depleted all your brain tissue.
Lacking equanimity, yes. Same with close mindedness.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Here you go AZ ...
Fox News: VA Tech swimmer rips NCAA transgender participation policy: 'Feels like the final spot was taken from me'.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/va-tech- ... ticipation

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

She would have completed in the consolation final, not the actual final.

I'm not sure why they even have a consolation final. It is meaningless (no possibility to score points) and they didn't do that when I swam.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:She would have completed in the consolation final, not the actual final.

I'm not sure why they even have a consolation final. It is meaningless (no possibility to score points) and they didn't do that when I swam.
Agreed

Consolation final is just to determine the 1st loser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:51 am

Me too. We’re watching the collapse of the donk party in real time.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:05 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:51 am

Perhaps both parties? That would be a grand thing. :nod:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I think the idea of allowing the dude to swim as a woman is stupid. Having said that I'm not going to get up in arms about it. Every woman swimmer should have got on the starting blocks and then when the gun went off should have not dove in the pool and let the dude swim alone. Do that half a dozen times and this would have ended. It's their own fault for not standing up for themselves. If they won't stand up for themselves why should I worry about them?

I wonder how many of them voted for Biden.....
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

When you begin denying science, and genetics is science, this is the kind of stuff that happens.

The point would be to make trans folks welcome and comfortable competing in their biological gender.

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:09 am I think the idea of allowing the dude to swim as a woman is stupid. Having said that I'm not going to get up in arms about it. Every woman swimmer should have got on the starting blocks and then when the gun went off should have not dove in the pool and let the dude swim alone. Do that half a dozen times and this would have ended. It's their own fault for not standing up for themselves. If they won't stand up for themselves why should I worry about them?

I wonder how many of them voted for Biden.....
No one wants to be the next person under the guillotine.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:45 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:05 pm

Perhaps both parties? That would be a grand thing. :nod:
:nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GOP Indiana governor vetoes transgender girls sports ban
Holcomb, on the transgender sports bill veto, also pointed to the Indiana High School Athletic Association, which has a policy covering transgender students wanting to play sports that match their gender identity and has said it has had no transgender girls finalize a request to play on girls team.

“The presumption of the policy laid out in HEA 1041 is that there is an existing problem in K-12 sports in Indiana that requires further state government intervention,” Holcomb said in his letter. “It implies that the goals of consistency and fairness in competitive female sports are not currently being met. After thorough review, I find no evidence to support either claim even if I support the effort overall.”
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:46 am GOP Indiana governor vetoes transgender girls sports ban
Holcomb, on the transgender sports bill veto, also pointed to the Indiana High School Athletic Association, which has a policy covering transgender students wanting to play sports that match their gender identity and has said it has had no transgender girls finalize a request to play on girls team.

“The presumption of the policy laid out in HEA 1041 is that there is an existing problem in K-12 sports in Indiana that requires further state government intervention,” Holcomb said in his letter. “It implies that the goals of consistency and fairness in competitive female sports are not currently being met. After thorough review, I find no evidence to support either claim even if I support the effort overall.”
Give it a year.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I wonder if twitter is going to ban Desantis?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:I wonder if twitter is going to ban Desantis?
This was just below that one and I LAWLed

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:45 am
BDKJMU wrote:I wonder if twitter is going to ban Desantis?
This was just below that one and I LAWLed

:lol: :rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

FINA, the governing body for international swimming, approved new policies for transgender swimmers which will go into effect on Monday.

The "gender inclusion policy" will only permit swimmers who transitioned before the age of 12 to compete in women’s events. FINA members voted 71.5% in favor of the new policies.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/fina-gen ... r-swimmers

So this takes care if the issue of men pretending to be women being allowed to compete in international competitons, which is parently unfair to the women competitors..