SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Trans in Sports

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:07 pm
FINA, the governing body for international swimming, approved new policies for transgender swimmers which will go into effect on Monday.

The "gender inclusion policy" will only permit swimmers who transitioned before the age of 12 to compete in women’s events. FINA members voted 71.5% in favor of the new policies.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/fina-gen ... r-swimmers

So this takes care if the issue of men pretending to be women being allowed to compete in international competitons, which is parently unfair to the women competitors..
Their solution is what I was proposing. An open division. Let transgenders compete, but they need a division that is competitive for them.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:31 pm

So this takes care if the issue of men pretending to be women being allowed to compete in international competitons, which is parently unfair to the women competitors..
Their solution is what I was proposing. An open division. Let transgenders compete, but they need a division that is competitive for them.
And any parent who allows or supports their child transitioning before about age 18 should be imprisoned for child abuse. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:51 pm

And any parent who allows or supports their child transitioning before about age 18 should be imprisoned for child abuse. :nod: :nod:
Agreed! Just yesterday I couldn't help but laugh that the local grocery store is on a license checking spree for buying alcohol, but dammit, if a kid wants to transition at 15 here in Washington, they don't have to tell the parents.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Meanwhile, FIFA
The ruling body's draft framework has removed its testosterone threshold for transgender women and proposed that footballers should be allowed to compete as their self-identified gender.
Cycling last week tightened their requirements
Cycling's ruling body, the UCI, last week tightened their eligibility criteria for the female category, having been sparked into a review by the case of the British trans-cyclist Emily Bridges.

The UCI lowered the testosterone limit from five to 2.5 nanomoles per litre and doubled the length of time a trans-athlete must suppress her testosterone to within this range to two years.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... tball.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Cowardly university administrators.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:25 am Cowardly university administrators.
Yeah that was ugly. They’re not doing their movement any favors here.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Had this discussion last night with a group of friends and this is the exact solution we came up with after debating it.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:42 pm

Had this discussion last night with a group of friends and this is the exact solution we came up with after debating it.
There’s not enough of them for that. What is wrong with men competing against men and women against women?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Every single democrat in the House last Friday voted against protecting womens’ sports by not allowing men to compete in womens’ sports. Shameful.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biological Male Who Took 2nd Place in CA Girls' HS Track Meet Would've Come in Dead Last in Boys' Meet
https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2023/05 ... et-n750038

Was qualifying meet where top 3 go to compete in the atate finals, so this boy gets to compete in the state finals. Meanwhile, the actual 3rd place finishing female gets bumped to 4th, and doesn’t get to go to the state finals. Patently unfair to every girl who got bumped dowm a place.

This trans assault on womens’ sports will continue in blue states. Thankfully at least the red states have passed bills to protect womens’ sports from this nonesense..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:13 am Biological Male Who Took 2nd Place in CA Girls' HS Track Meet Would've Come in Dead Last in Boys' Meet

Was qualifying meet where top 3 go to compete in the atate finals, so this boy gets to compete in the state finals. Meanwhile, the actual 3rd place finishing female gets bumped to 4th, and doesn’t get to go to the state finals. Patently unfair to every girl who got bumped dowm a place.

This trans assault on womens’ sports will continue in blue states. Thankfully at least the red states have passed bills to protect womens’ sports from this nonesense..
Unfortunately those red states want to tell the trans people to F off.

Can't we find a middle ground where we respect and include trans people without disenfranchising straight people?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:43 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:13 am Biological Male Who Took 2nd Place in CA Girls' HS Track Meet Would've Come in Dead Last in Boys' Meet

Can't we find a middle ground where we respect and include trans people without disenfranchising straight people?
In terms of sports its SIMPLE:
-Boys conpete against boys.
-Girls compete against girls.
Like it had always been until recently.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This.

I too have concerns when it comes to athletics. I’m not sure how one lives with themselves knowing they have an unfair advantage in a sport.

(As an aside, I played high school golf against Kirk Triplett’s little sister Shelly from Pullman - there was no girl’s golf in our league in the 80’s and she played 1 or 2 for the boys team. She was driver-fairway wood short of every par 4, but got it up and down most times and never hit it in trouble. She was a solid mid-70’s player and beat me a few times.)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:12 am

This.

I too have concerns when it comes to athletics. I’m not sure how one lives with themselves knowing they have an unfair advantage in a sport.

(As an aside, I played high school golf against Kirk Triplett’s little sister Shelly from Pullman - there was no girl’s golf in our league in the 80’s and she played 1 or 2 for the boys team. She was driver-fairway wood short of every par 4, but got it up and down most times and never hit it in trouble. She was a solid mid-70’s player and beat me a few times.)
This - I think if you were born with a pecker you should compete with the boys regardless. Sure, you're not going to win a lot but the competition is the thing right, not the winning? If its about the winning keep the pecker and increase your practicing.

I was a football and track guy in high school and in my senior year our crosstown rival brought a gal over to our dual track meet to run with the boys. She didn't place but she was in the first wave and ran a 10.5 100 yards - in those days we ran yards instead of meters - which equaled my best time. Fortunately I ran the 440/880/mile. The girl's name was Evelyn Ashford and she has several Olympic medals
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:11 am

This.

This - I think if you were born with a pecker you should compete with the boys regardless. Sure, you're not going to win a lot but the competition is the thing right, not the winning? If its about the winning keep the pecker and increase your practicing.

I was a football and track guy in high school and in my senior year our crosstown rival brought a gal over to our dual track meet to run with the boys. She didn't place but she was in the first wave and ran a 10.5 100 yards - in those days we ran yards instead of meters - which equaled my best time. Fortunately I ran the 440/880/mile. The girl's name was Evelyn Ashford and she has several Olympic medals
That’s a great story.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:11 am

This.

Former women's Canadian National road cycling champ used to beat the hell out of me one season in Phoenix. I was just getting back into the sport and she was racing the men's division. Of course she beat the hell out of a lot of guys that year that hadn't taken 10 years off from the sport.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

No need for a third division, just have women's for those born female and open for everyone else
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:06 pm I thought about posting this in Other Sports but knew it would be political and really belonged here.

North Dakota Governor Vetoes Bill That Would Ban Trans Students From Playing Sports
"North Dakota today has a level playing field and fairness in girls' sports," Burgum said. "We have every confidence that they will continue to ensure a level playing field for the 27,000 students who participate in North Dakota high school sports."
My views on this are evolving. I do think it's important to respect the impact on the mental health of the potential trans athletes but I also think it's important to consider the potential impact on the athletes they will be competing against. This isn't happening in a vacuum and lots of people could be impacted and that impact should be considered.

Does a biological male competing in female sports have an advantage similar to taking steroids or HGH? Are there biological females that have an advantage simply from naturally having higher levels of testosterone than other females? Can you quantify, set a limit and test for a chemical advantage regardless of gender identity? I don't know. Are there aspects of this debate that I'm not considering? Almost certainly.

FYI - I viewed the article in incognito.
They couldn't compete with able bodied men so they beat on women!!!!!!
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:42 pm

Why was there even a debate? Why was the Tranny hunk of a man even allowed in the poll with this girls?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Man dressed in womanface wins LPGA tournament.

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/202 ... e_vignette
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/high-sch ... ts-forfeit

High school basketball player who identifies as girl accused of causing injuries in game, opponents forfeit
Collegiate Charter School of Lowell forfeited after 3 injuries to an already-depleted team against KIPP Academy
Scott Thompson By Scott Thompson Fox News