Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Q...Into The Storm

Post by kalm »

On 2nd episode of this. Anyone else watch it?

These guys make bat shit look sane. Very well done and it’s cool the documentarian was working on it 3 years ago.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Q...Into The Storm

Post by Ibanez »

I want to understand the logic behind NOT believing a reporter they can see and communicate simply because they're not Fox News but blindly follow and believe Q - someone who they don't know the identify, can't reach out and communicate with, can't fact check or anything.

Is it just confirmation bias?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:19 am I want to understand the logic behind NOT believing a reporter they can see and communicate simply because they're not Fox News but blindly follow and believe Q - someone who they don't know the identify, can't reach out and communicate with, can't fact check or anything.

Yes that but so much more. These are psychologically compromised and broken people who probably number in the millions at a certain level of reality disconnect. I think you’re one of the those who will be fascinated by this doc.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:36 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:19 am I want to understand the logic behind NOT believing a reporter they can see and communicate simply because they're not Fox News but blindly follow and believe Q - someone who they don't know the identify, can't reach out and communicate with, can't fact check or anything.

Yes that but so much more. These are psychologically compromised and broken people who probably number in the millions at a certain level of reality disconnect. I think you’re one of the those who will be fascinated by this doc.
I think the vast majority of people in this country are psychologically compromised and broken, not just the subset that are Q followers. I think it's a sad state of modern living. Not sure how we correct it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Q?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:38 am
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:36 am

I think the vast majority of people in this country are psychologically compromised and broken, not just the subset that are Q followers. I think it's a sad state of modern living. Not sure how we correct it.
Agreed. You could make a case that the weirdest people in society are the few who AREN’T at least at some level of bipolar or ninja level self deception.

These particular folks are in the limelight because of the mystery of who Q is, potential links to power, and violence already shown.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Does anyone here actually know any Qanon people? I know more than a few really Trumpy people but not a single person that believes Q conspiracy theories. Seems like just a bugaboo to me.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Pwns wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:23 am Does anyone here actually know any Qanon people? I know more than a few really Trumpy people but not a single person that believes Q conspiracy theories. Seems like just a bugaboo to me.
I'm not sure. I know extreme Trumpers who don't fit the left's "profile" of a Trumper (i.e. backwoods white supremacist), and even some who buy into these bogus conspiracy theories, but specifically QAnon? I'm not sure....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:23 am Does anyone here actually know any Qanon people? I know more than a few really Trumpy people but not a single person that believes Q conspiracy theories. Seems like just a bugaboo to me.
Watch the documentary.

Your peer group and my peer group might not be the type. Not a great barometer for measuring bugabooishness nor does it diminish the reality. It’s actually one of questions raised in the doc. It’s also intertwined with Trumpism.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

The only one I know is my brother. It's sad.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two posters here subscribe to it.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

So much of Trumpism and Qism is so tightly connected it's hard to tell the difference.

I've watched my family, and many in the area I grew up, go from being relatively normal Christian Conservatives to bat shit crazy Trumpers. I wouldn't call them "Q" outright but it's really hard to separate them from most Q of what Q is. The number of chain emails turned into "SHARE THIS TO EXPOSE" facebook posts I see is dangerous. It's almost always Q level conspiracy theories that are easily debunked but if it's pointed out in the comments it's instantly hit back with the talking points of Q. Or "READ/WATCH THIS BEFORE FACEBOOK REMOVES IT" and then it's still on their page a year later but clearly marked as being bullshit.

I get a kick out of the "WE ARE BEING CENSORED ON FACEBOOK! WATCH BEFORE IT'S TAKEN DOWN" posts because it's all I fucking see, and I am "friends" with more on the left than the right. The only thing I see from the left is DBJ commenting on every article on facebook.

I haven't look recently but it is funny when you see those claims and then places that actually track facebook trends shows shit like this

I'll go climb back into my hole for at least 2 more months.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I know one that Marched on the Capital on January 6th. They didn't go beyond the barriers.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

clenz wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:57 pm
So much of Trumpism and Qism is so tightly connected it's hard to tell the difference.

I've watched my family, and many in the area I grew up, go from being relatively normal Christian Conservatives to bat shit crazy Trumpers. I wouldn't call them "Q" outright but it's really hard to separate them from most Q of what Q is. The number of chain emails turned into "SHARE THIS TO EXPOSE" facebook posts I see is dangerous. It's almost always Q level conspiracy theories that are easily debunked but if it's pointed out in the comments it's instantly hit back with the talking points of Q. Or "READ/WATCH THIS BEFORE FACEBOOK REMOVES IT" and then it's still on their page a year later but clearly marked as being bullshit.

I get a kick out of the "WE ARE BEING CENSORED ON FACEBOOK! WATCH BEFORE IT'S TAKEN DOWN" posts because it's all I fucking see, and I am "friends" with more on the left than the right. The only thing I see from the left is DBJ commenting on every article on facebook.

I haven't look recently but it is funny when you see those claims and then places that actually track facebook trends shows shit like this

The one's I know, will post everything they can from these links, and they will be shared by many of their facebook friends. They believe all this crap too. The Iranian hacker farms in Northern Virginia, make it sound good to the one's that want to hear it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I saw several “stick to the plan” comments and allusions to Jan 6th in the weeks leading up. I’m not saying it’s likely more than misguided rubes being duped into a massive trolling event turned serious...but still...
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:52 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:38 am

Agreed. You could make a case that the weirdest people in society are the few who AREN’T at least at some level of bipolar or ninja level self deception.

These particular folks are in the limelight because of the mystery of who Q is, potential links to power, and violence already shown.
Spot on, klam. WE are the normal ones. Scary, aint it?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I don't understand - How can there be so many repeats? For instance, Ben Shapiro is both #1 and #2 that day...how's that make any sense?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Different links to different Ben Shapiro articles?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I know zero Q followers. Seems right up the liberal belief in the "insurrection". Libs sure talk a lot about Q. Seem to know more than the average Rep.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Q...Into The Storm

Post by clenz »

Ibanez wrote:

I don't understand - How can there be so many repeats? For instance, Ben Shapiro is both #1 and #2 that day...how's that make any sense?
Damn you drawing me into 2 posts in such a short time.

My understanding is multiple posts in the same day but the trending.

Just as on Twitter or YouTube a creator can have multiple videos or tweets show in the tending section. Rather than state the title of each individual trending thing they just give the source of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:40 pm
I know zero Q followers. Seems right up the liberal belief in the "insurrection". Libs sure talk a lot about Q. Seem to know more than the average Rep.
I'll remember that for when some butt hurt Leftist group violently attacks a branch of our government with the express purpose of obstructing their duties, vandalizes the building, beats the shit out of police (back the Blue, my ass), commits B&Es, theft and other stupid crimes all in the name of 1 man. :kisswink:

Oh - and are on video wanting to murder the VP and other's that dared to follow the Constitution. Nothing to see here. We love you. You're oh so special, good night. Muah. :mrgreen:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Yeah...some libs don’t care for insurrection. But hey...you do you...Hope it will all just go away. :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:00 am

I'll remember that for when some butt hurt Leftist group violently attacks a branch of our government with the express purpose of obstructing their duties, vandalizes the building, beats the shit out of police (back the Blue, my ass), commits B&Es, theft and other stupid crimes all in the name of 1 man. :kisswink:

Oh - and are on video wanting to murder the VP and other's that dared to follow the Constitution. Nothing to see here. We love you. You're oh so special, good night. Muah. :mrgreen:
That's a lot of misinformation you threw up there. Can you expand on the beating of the cop a little?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:23 am

Yeah...some libs don’t care for insurrection. But hey...you do you...Hope it will all just go away. :thumb:
How many have been charged with insurrection?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 am

That's a lot of misinformation you threw up there. Can you expand on the beating of the cop a little?
Fine...how about “seditious conspiracy”?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... X-s9qsAJo8 :roll:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 am

Misinformation? C"mon dude. That's all from live video. Are you suggesting it was a staged event? That millions of us didn't watch all those actions unfold? WE didn't watch video of rioters chanting, " Hang Pence" and erect a gallows for him? WE didn't watch officers outside the capital get dragged and beaten? C'mon man. We didn't watch them break windows, sit thier asses in the offices of lawmakers, boast about their own theft on their own facebook pages?

Yeah ok...