Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Biden Presser

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:58 am Biden can't be fit to be president. Any honest person would have to believe he is beyond the point of being mentally reliable. It's time for his family to have the talk, and take Joe home, and move Harris into the Oval office.
Over/under on his resignation?

I say November.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

He had a cheat sheet with pictures of the reporters, their question and the answer. And he still fucked it up.

81 million votes.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:30 am He had a cheat sheet with pictures of the reporters, their question and the answer. And he still fucked it up.

81 million votes.
The other guy must have sucked real bad.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 am Media asked some dumb, soft-ball questions though.
Ya think?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:58 am Biden can't be fit to be president. Any honest person would have to believe he is beyond the point of being mentally reliable.
JSO, Trip, Dback and a few others are not honest.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

MAGA World says Biden's lost it. Republican senators disagree.
Seven GOP senators who’ve met with Biden lately described him as cogent and well-versed on the issues they discussed.
RINOs ...
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 am Media asked some dumb, soft-ball questions though.
Ya think?
:rofl: :rofl: and they didn’t “ask” them. They recited them. He already had them (and the answers) on a sheet of paper...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:40 am
andy7171 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:30 am He had a cheat sheet with pictures of the reporters, their question and the answer. And he still fucked it up.

81 million votes.
The other guy must have sucked real bad.
Yep. Only plausible answer. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:19 am MAGA World says Biden's lost it. Republican senators disagree.
Seven GOP senators who’ve met with Biden lately described him as cogent and well-versed on the issues they discussed.
RINOs ...
That is a funny article and confirms that Politico is a hack rag.
Biden “struggled to make it through,” tweeted Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Texas), who previously served as White House physician to Trump and former President Barack Obama.

A Pentagon inspector general report recently concluded that Jackson abused alcohol and behaved inappropriately toward women while on the job at the White House.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:58 am Biden can't be fit to be president. Any honest person would have to believe he is beyond the point of being mentally reliable. It's time for his family to have the talk, and take Joe home, and move Harris into the Oval office.
Yeah...he's 78-yrs old. Why we keep electing these old men and then complain that they're old is beyond me.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 am I thought it was fine, if not completely mundane. Just old person dude talking.

Media asked some dumb, soft-ball questions though.
Obviously 10 pre picked friendly reporters, with a cheat sheet containing pre fed friendly, known ahead of time, questions, with prepared answers. And Biden still stumbled through it.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Beat me too it.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Hey, I voted for Biden (never seriously thought of voting for Trump and Jill Stein is a commie, so says Hillary, so I couldn't vote for her) but that was painful to watch what this has become. You couldn't stage something more scripted than that thing was yesterday. He's clearly not capable any longer of being in the job, he's basically a prop now at this point. I voted for Biden knowing full well that Harris would likely need to step in before the next election. I think it's just a question of how soon they can make the switch. Let Biden go home and rest, he's too old for the job at this point.

On another note, though, this is just a further descent by the media into a cess pool they don't want to be in. It's hard to be any more partisan than they've been with first Trump and now with Biden. To not only go along with but to participate in pretty much a staged affair like that was yesterday is embarrassing. I always said that one casualty of the Trump cyclone of a Presidency was the media, and it's clear they haven't recovered since.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:52 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 am I thought it was fine, if not completely mundane. Just old person dude talking.

Media asked some dumb, soft-ball questions though.
Obviously 10 pre picked friendly reporters, with a cheat sheet containing pre fed friendly, known ahead of time, questions, with prepared answers. And Biden still stumbled through it.
I saw a picture with notes, were there really questions? I didn't see those.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:47 am Hey, I voted for Biden (never seriously thought of voting for Trump and Jill Stein is a commie, so says Hillary, so I couldn't vote for her) but that was painful to watch what this has become. You couldn't stage something more scripted than that thing was yesterday. He's clearly not capable any longer of being in the job, he's basically a prop now at this point. I voted for Biden knowing full well that Harris would likely need to step in before the next election. I think it's just a question of how soon they can make the switch. Let Biden go home and rest, he's too old for the job at this point.

On another note, though, this is just a further descent by the media into a cess pool they don't want to be in. It's hard to be any more partisan than they've been with first Trump and now with Biden. To not only go along with but to participate in pretty much a staged affair like that was yesterday is embarrassing. I always said that one casualty of the Trump cyclone of a Presidency was the media, and it's clear they haven't recovered since.
I wonder how much Jill Biden is controlling, like WIlson's wife did. You know she won't let him quit. And where's our media calling for the 25th amendment to be used like they were doing during the last administration?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:10 am Image
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:47 am Hey, I voted for Biden (never seriously thought of voting for Trump and Jill Stein is a commie, so says Hillary, so I couldn't vote for her) but that was painful to watch what this has become. You couldn't stage something more scripted than that thing was yesterday. He's clearly not capable any longer of being in the job, he's basically a prop now at this point. I voted for Biden knowing full well that Harris would likely need to step in before the next election. I think it's just a question of how soon they can make the switch. Let Biden go home and rest, he's too old for the job at this point.

The fawning over either by their respective, sympathetic media outlets is enough to make you question anything they say or show.

And we knew Biden was in cognitive decline when we elected him - it wasn't some secret or cover up like FDRs paralysis.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Does anyone have JSO's cell number so we can get him to join this discussion?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

We're going to have the DNC's token "woman of cullah" pick for president, yall.

Thank goodness we got rid of Trump and got our democracy back. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:18 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:52 am
I saw a picture with notes, were there really questions? I didn't see those.
It seemed like theater really - he knew who to ask in what order, and could read off the responses in that order. If they need to do that to keep him just barely presentable then he has to really be in decline. I don't necessarily fault his people for propping him up, that's their job, I fault the press for being such willing participants in the whole thing.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:31 am

I wonder how much Jill Biden is controlling, like WIlson's wife did. You know she won't let him quit. And where's our media calling for the 25th amendment to be used like they were doing during the last administration?
Eh, I think there's a plan of how long they need to carry on the charade - I just worry that it's tied to the midterms and then they'll let him retire via the 25th. I understand the political calculations, but given how weak he looks now, basically just two months into the job, I don't know how he's going to be able to hold on for a year and a half. But I could see the idea of get him to the midterms, get through that, and then step away and let Harris campaign as basically the incumbent. That's when the next Presidential cycle will really get into motion anyway.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:00 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:31 am

Eh, I think there's a plan of how long they need to carry on the charade - I just worry that it's tied to the midterms and then they'll let him retire via the 25th. I understand the political calculations, but given how weak he looks now, basically just two months into the job, I don't know how he's going to be able to hold on for a year and a half. But I could see the idea of get him to the midterms, get through that, and then step away and let Harris campaign as basically the incumbent. That's when the next Presidential cycle will really get into motion anyway.
The plan makes me keep thinking about the fence around the Capitol, in addition to ratcheting up the white supremacist insurrectionist talk. Seems they want to be able to shut down any discussion of Kamala taking over, as opposed to answering to the obvious bait and switch that is going to happen.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:59 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:31 pm Is everyone ready for this?

Let’s hope she doesn’t blow it. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
:lol: :clap: :notworthy:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »