UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Biden Presser

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:27 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:41 am
She's an ambitious woman with dark skin.

I guess that's a bad thing but an ambitious man with orange skin is ok.
Yeah but she slept her way to the top or something. Just like ALL leftists do.
She might have but I don't care. She doesn't need my approval for using the tools that she has to get ahead.

I have more respect for a woman who started with little and slept her way to the top than for some buffoon who leveraged Daddy's money to get ahead.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:17 am
kalm wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:27 am

Yeah but she slept her way to the top or something. Just like ALL leftists do.
She might have but I don't care. She doesn't need my approval for using the tools that she has to get ahead.

I have more respect for a woman who started with little and slept her way to the top than for some buffoon who leveraged Daddy's money to get ahead.
Why?

Both used what they were born with to get ahead and achieve their goals. One used her gender/race and the other used his family's position.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:47 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:17 am

Why?

Both used what they were born with to get ahead and achieve their goals. One used her gender/race and the other used his family's position.
I give more credit to the person who achieved more with less over someone who arguably made less money as a real estate developer than they would have if they'd just invested their inheritance in index funds. One started on 2nd and made it across home plate, the other started at home plate and has made it to 3rd and will in all likelihood cross home plate.

I also like to poke fun of the MAGAts who criticize Harris for sleeping her way to the top.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:58 am
Winterborn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:47 am

Why?

I give more credit to the person who achieved more with less over someone who arguably made less money as a real estate developer than they would have if they'd just invested their inheritance in index funds. One started on 2nd and made it across home plate, the other started at home plate and has made it to 3rd and will in all likelihood cross home plate.

I also like to poke fun of the MAGAts who criticize Harris for sleeping her way to the top.
So you are saying being female is a bigger hindrance than getting a loan from family? :kisswink:

I guess I see zero difference in either using your body to get what you want or family. Neither Harris nor Trump are what I would consider to be good role models but that is just my two cents worth.

That said I would of tried sleeping my way to the top but I am way too ugly and doing calculus problems out loud is a turn off to some people. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:47 am Holy fucking shit. This is turning into what we thought it might. He's lost. Where is JSO?
I had to be on a Web Ex meeting to practice for delivering a training course virtually for the first time so I couldn't watch it. However, everything I've heard indicates he did fine. The biggest criticism I've heard mentioned is that he used notes. I haven't looked it up and watched it because of that. Everything I've heard is along the lines of saying conservatives once again screwed up by saying he couldn't handle it because they set such a low bar for him then he went out and handled it fine. Your post is the first thing I've come across suggesting otherwise. Maybe I'll see if I can watch at least some of it on line to see.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ok I watched 20 minutes and 25 seconds before I saw him lose his train of thought a little on a matter while he was discussing the filibuster. Now I'm going to stop. He did fine. I'm not going to watch the entire >1 hour thing.

You guys who are pushing this narrative that he has cognitive difficulties are kidding yourselves. Most people watching him are not seeing it. And it's especially the case because we just went through Trump; who was a total buffoon who made absolutely no sense when he talked. What's going on now is that we have a rational person in the position who can actually engage instead of just lashing out at the people who ask the questions or making a fool of himself when he does try to answer.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:32 pm
89Hen wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:47 am Holy fucking shit. This is turning into what we thought it might. He's lost. Where is JSO?
I had to be on a Web-Ex meeting to practice for delivering a training course virtually for the first time so I couldn't watch it. However, everything I've heard indicates he did fine. The biggest criticism I've heard mentioned is that he used notes. I haven't looked it up and watched it because of that. Everything I've heard is along the lines of saying conservatives once again screwed up by saying he couldn't handle it because they set such a low bar for him then he went out and handled it fine. Your post is the first thing I've come across suggesting otherwise. Maybe I'll see if I can watch at least some of it online to see.
Are you getting your information from Vox or The People's Daily?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:05 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:32 pm

I had to be on a Web-Ex meeting to practice for delivering a training course virtually for the first time so I couldn't watch it. However, everything I've heard indicates he did fine. The biggest criticism I've heard mentioned is that he used notes. I haven't looked it up and watched it because of that. Everything I've heard is along the lines of saying conservatives once again screwed up by saying he couldn't handle it because they set such a low bar for him then he went out and handled it fine. Your post is the first thing I've come across suggesting otherwise. Maybe I'll see if I can watch at least some of it online to see.
If it comes to watching TV I'll admit I watch CNN and MSNBC the most. Both are left biased with mixed factual reporting ratings. However, I also look at various things on line just by Googling around and looking at various sources. The real test I look for is polling. How did the people who watched the event perceive it? So far I have not been able to find polling on how those who watched the press conference perceived it.

I have not found CNN or MSNBC to be shy about saying Biden didn't perform well when he didn't perform well. All involved on those two networks were very pleased with him. Like Joe Scarborough saying the Republicans were stupid for doing the "cognitive decline" thing and setting low expectations for Biden then having Biden show that he's not in cognitive decline. Joe Scarborough may be on MSNBC, but in my experience he does not shy away from telling it like it is on stuff like that.

Of course the final thing is that I just watched the first 20 minutes and 25 seconds myself. He did fine. Nobody who didn't go in biased WANTING to interpret things as indicators of cognitive decline would think he is in cognitive decline. And he came across as WAY more rational and coherent than Trump ever did.
Could I ever be a star?

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:56 pm Nobody who didn't go in biased...
So you're excluding yourself, right? John, you are dead wrong on this one. :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:56 pm I'll admit I watch CNN and MSNBC the most
Enough said. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:57 pm Ok I watched 20 minutes and 25 seconds before I saw him lose his train of thought a little on a matter while he was discussing the filibuster. Now I'm going to stop. He did fine. I'm not going to watch the entire >1 hour thing.

You guys who are pushing this narrative that he has cognitive difficulties are kidding yourselves. Most people watching him are not seeing it. And it's especially the case because we just went through Trump; who was a total buffoon who made absolutely no sense when he talked. What's going on now is that we have a rational person in the position who can actually engage instead of just lashing out at the people who ask the questions or making a fool of himself when he does try to answer.
So throwing in the towel and admitting he can't even go an hour without falling apart...

...coming from the same guy that pedals narratives pushed by an organization that protected a pedo.

:lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:57 pm Ok I watched 20 minutes and 25 seconds before I saw him lose his train of thought a little on a matter while he was discussing the filibuster. Now I'm going to stop. He did fine. I'm not going to watch the entire >1 hour thing.

So throwing in the towel and admitting he can't even go an hour without falling apart...

...coming from the same guy that pedals narratives pushed by an organization that protected a pedo.

*peddles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:39 am
SDHornet wrote: So throwing in the towel and admitting he can't even go an hour without falling apart...

*peddles
** but not petals ...
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:14 pm

No, he didn't fall apart. He lost his train of thought for a minute. I watched long enough to know that what I'd previously heard about him doing fine is true. I have no doubt that, to people who are persuadable and reasonably objective, the people who are trying to push the "Biden is mentally impaired" narrative lost ground once again. He didn't come off as mentally impaired at all. Same was the case during the Presidential debates. Republicans did all this "Biden is in mental decline" stuff then when the debates happened the majority of people watching each tie perceived Biden as winning. So the "Biden is in mental decline" people ended up with egg on their faces. Same thing happened here. A bunch of "Biden is in mental decline" stuff relating to press conferences then he had a press conference and did fine. In fact he did a lot better than Trump EVER did at a press conference.
Could I ever be a star?

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:13 pm

No, he didn't fall apart. He lost his train of thought for a minute. I watched long enough to know that what I'd previously heard about him doing fine is true. I have no doubt that, to people who are persuadable and reasonably objective, the people who are trying to push the "Biden is mentally impaired" narrative lost ground once again. He didn't come off as mentally impaired at all. Same was the case during the Presidential debates. Republicans did all this "Biden is in mental decline" stuff then when the debates happened the majority of people watching each tie perceived Biden as winning. So the "Biden is in mental decline" people ended up with egg on their faces. Same thing happened here. A bunch of "Biden is in mental decline" stuff relating to press conferences then he had a press conference and did fine. In fact he did a lot better than Trump EVER did at a press conference.

I used to spend some time at the local nursing home helping out as part of some charity work growing up and Biden has the same speech patterns as the dementia residents in that nursing home did. It is pretty obvious to anybody that isn't either suffering from their own mental decline or has an axe to grind.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Again and again and again..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Hey JSO, your boy Biden lies worse than Trump.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/fact-chec ... onference/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:14 pm So throwing in the towel and admitting he can't even go an hour without falling apart...

Man

I work daily in concert with the NSC

And if your old obstinate ass is still alive later in like, 5-6 years... I will regale you with all the ways you are wrong on a minute to minute basis, right now

I will also tell you my firsthand stories about Bernie Senility Sanders from ten years ago

The NSC is running everything, as is usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:06 pm Hey JSO, your boy Biden lies worse than Trump.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/fact-chec ... onference/
Toxic BDS... :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:56 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:05 pm

If it comes to watching TV I'll admit I watch CNN and MSNBC the most. Both are left biased with mixed factual reporting ratings. However, I also look at various things on line just by Googling around and looking at various sources. The real test I look for is polling. How did the people who watched the event perceive it? So far I have not been able to find polling on how those who watched the press conference perceived it.

I have not found CNN or MSNBC to be shy about saying Biden didn't perform well when he didn't perform well. All involved on those two networks were very pleased with him. Like Joe Scarborough saying the Republicans were stupid for doing the "cognitive decline" thing and setting low expectations for Biden then having Biden show that he's not in cognitive decline. Joe Scarborough may be on MSNBC, but in my experience he does not shy away from telling it like it is on stuff like that.

Of course the final thing is that I just watched the first 20 minutes and 25 seconds myself. He did fine. Nobody who didn't go in biased WANTING to interpret things as indicators of cognitive decline would think he is in cognitive decline. And he came across as WAY more rational and coherent than Trump ever did.
Tell us again how you're a republican and just differ from the party because of Trump. :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:kisswink:
Last edited by Ibanez on Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

So I finally got around to watch this presser...If you don't think Biden is having cognitive troubles, then you've got some serious blinders on. You're not thinking critically or objectively (reason v passion?). Biden's decline has been front and center for years so it isn't anything new.

Have some objectivity. Realize that a man who is nearly 80 years old just might not be a spring chicken.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

double post
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 am

So I finally got around to watch this presser...If you don't think Biden is having cognitive troubles, then you've got some serious blinders on. You're not thinking critically or objectively (reason v passion?). Biden's decline has been front and center for years so it isn't anything new.

Have some objectivity. Realize that a man who is nearly 80 years old just might not be a spring chicken.
John,

Comparing Biden to Trump is not a win for you. Compare him to Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton, or Obama. Try to watch it with an open mind, knowing he had a slow-pitch softball pitching press feeding him questions. Would you want Biden in a room alone with Putin, let alone any world leader at this point?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:02 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:57 am

John,

Comparing Biden to Trump is not a win for you. Compare him to Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton, or Obama. Try to watch it with an open mind, knowing he had a slow-pitch softball pitching press feeding him questions. Would you want Biden in a room alone with Putin, let alone any world leader at this point?
I wouldn't want him in the same room alone with Harris, especially if there is a flight of stairs nearby. :nod: