Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: I got mines!

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:49 pm
dbackjon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:01 pm

LOL - Joe's mental acumen is still better than anyone on the GOP side, especially compared to DementiaDonald
TDS

So much so that he finally sits down for an interview and they broadcast part of it at 7am on Good Morning America and edit the transcript for "clarity". :lol:
Holy moses! Did that really happen!?!?! :lol: :lol: I guess considering what we had the past 4 years, a dotty old fool is at least entertaining.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:31 am Still unclear on why its $1400 and not the $2000 Joe was promising. I heard AOC say something about negotiating with the R's, but the vote went along party lines and zero R's voted for it. WTF kind of negotiating is going on there. Does the Kennedy Center really need that much? Have you seen the ticket prices? I'd rather go to the Super Bowl and buy a hot dog inside.
In late December 2020, Democrats united with Trump to push Congressional Republicans to increase COVID-19 stimulus payments from $600 to $2,000 per person. The universal call by those on the Left, at the time, was for a total of $2,000 per person. Ultimately, the $600 plan passed while the viability of $2,000 payments was still gaining traction. References to “$2,000 checks” made in January by Biden and by Georgia’s Democratic Senate candidates were to increase existing payments up to $2,000 — not to issue a new check for $2,000 in addition to the amount already approved.

Because Biden and Ossoff’s statements are consistent with the package Democrats ultimately proposed, but because their timeline for getting those payments out the door was too optimistic, we rank the claim that Biden’s proposed $1,400 checks are a broken promise as “Mostly False.”
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden ... ecks-2000/
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:14 am
andy7171 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:31 am Still unclear on why its $1400 and not the $2000 Joe was promising. I heard AOC say something about negotiating with the R's, but the vote went along party lines and zero R's voted for it. WTF kind of negotiating is going on there. Does the Kennedy Center really need that much? Have you seen the ticket prices? I'd rather go to the Super Bowl and buy a hot dog inside.
In late December 2020, Democrats united with Trump to push Congressional Republicans to increase COVID-19 stimulus payments from $600 to $2,000 per person. The universal call by those on the Left, at the time, was for a total of $2,000 per person. Ultimately, the $600 plan passed while the viability of $2,000 payments was still gaining traction. References to “$2,000 checks” made in January by Biden and by Georgia’s Democratic Senate candidates were to increase existing payments up to $2,000 — not to issue a new check for $2,000 in addition to the amount already approved.

Because Biden and Ossoff’s statements are consistent with the package Democrats ultimately proposed, but because their timeline for getting those payments out the door was too optimistic, we rank the claim that Biden’s proposed $1,400 checks are a broken promise as “Mostly False.”
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden ... ecks-2000/
:lol: :lol: :lol:
JFC Raul, that was a quick fall. In no way, was it said it was an increase of the 600 Trump threw out to us. Never wqas it said, "And if you already got the 600, we'll send you another 1400, immediately!
I know its been rethought and revised to make it all somewhat understandable how it got to 1400. But don't act like its what they meant the whole time. It wasn't.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:37 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
JFC Raul, that was a quick fall. In no way, was it said it was an increase of the 600 Trump threw out to us. Never wqas it said, "And if you already got the 600, we'll send you another 1400, immediately!
I know its been rethought and revised to make it all somewhat understandable how it got to 1400. But don't act like its what they meant the whole time. It wasn't.
You asked a question and got an answer. Why are you attributing it to me or making an assumption that I agree with how it shook out? Damn...you're getting grouchy. :ohno:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:26 pm
dbackjon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:22 pm

BDS - Trump's going to jail real soon. Meanwhile, Biden is leading the country to the Greatness Trump conned his cult members into believing he could deliver
:lol: I don't think so Jon. Higher energy costs and dependence on the Middle East, no border security and a mounting crisis, rejoining a bad climate accord that has no chance of succeeding.... I don't think Trump was selling those items.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Green Energy is the wave of the future. Higher Energy Costs? That's the economic recovery in motion, combined with GOP idiocy in Texas that took refineries off-line.

Biden has a lot of work to do to fix Trump's messes, including the border disaster Trump left. And there is plenty of border security.

And it is GREAT that Biden trusts science and is moving America Forwards, not backwards like the GOP does.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:22 pm

BDS - Trump's going to jail real soon. Meanwhile, Biden is leading the country to the Greatness Trump conned his cult members into believing he could deliver
:lol: I don't think so Jon. Higher energy costs and dependence on the Middle East, no border security and a mounting crisis, rejoining a bad climate accord that has no chance of succeeding.... I don't think Trump was selling those items.

Green Energy is the wave of the future. Higher Energy Costs? That's the economic recovery in motion, combined with GOP idiocy in Texas that took refineries off-line.

Biden has a lot of work to do to fix Trump's messes, including the border disaster Trump left. And there is plenty of border security.

And it is GREAT that Biden trusts science and is moving America Forwards, not backwards like the GOP does.
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:03 am

Yes, so much they’re driving trucks through holes in the border wall. And kids in cages are up 725%. Nice work, dems.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:03 am

Are you hoping that if you say it twice it will make it more true? You're so far off base with those I can't even begin to retort other than to :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

They need to pull the plug and just promote laughing Kamala.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:11 am They need to pull the plug and just promote laughing Kamala.

I’m a professional athlete and even I have stumbled on stairs.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

President Ford did it all the time too. You're so biased you can't even laugh at Biden. So sad to see your new title of Ultra-Partisan.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:29 pm President Ford did it all the time too. You're so biased you can't even laugh at Biden. So sad to see your new title of Ultra-Partisan.
And your still a stick in the mud, BDKlite. (It was self deprecating).
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:29 pm President Ford did it all the time too. You're so biased you can't even laugh at Biden. So sad to see your new title of Ultra-Partisan.
Is SNL going to mock him they way they used to mock Ford?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:41 pm
And you're still really bad at grammar directional guy. :finger:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:09 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:41 pm

And you're still really bad at grammar directional guy. :finger:
Oh sure...belittle my hepatic encephalopathy.... :ohno:

(Or it could be the weed :mrgreen: )
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:26 am
89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:11 am They need to pull the plug and just promote laughing Kamala.

3 times in 5 seconds?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:18 pm (Or it could be the weed :mrgreen: )
Mrs Kalm is sharing these days? :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:47 pm 3 times in 5 seconds?
I have. Albeit when I'm drunk.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:14 am
kalm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:18 pm (Or it could be the weed :mrgreen: )
Mrs Kalm is sharing these days? :thumb:
:nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Nothing to see here. It was the wind according to the White House.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:47 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:26 am

3 times in 5 seconds?
It happens.

Next time, I hope someone puts it to Benny Hill music. :mrgreen:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:16 pm

Nothing to see here. It was the wind according to the White House.
Breaking wind couldn't POSSIBLY push a person over. :kisswink:

Let's see him navigate a ramp. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

At least I'm not the only one who noticed.