UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Seattle Covid Response FTW

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:20 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:30 pm

The Chinese don't own America but they do have lickspittles like LeBron James, Barbara Boxer and Antony Blinken to carry their water for them, promoting and protecting Chinese interests and defending the CCP from criticism for their oppression of Hong Kong or the Uyghurs.
China owns over a trillion $$ of our debt, and a high percentage of pharmaceuticals that we consume. That's just a couple quick searches after a long bike ride.
And we should cancel that debt as payment for the costs incurred as a result of Covid.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:34 am
SDHornet wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:20 pm

Yawn. Cases started magically disappearing after Jan 20. This was all political from the jump.

Oh and WA was smart enough to not force China Virus patients into nursing homes. :coffee:
You are tenacious. :lol:
Here's the worldometer link to CA data and graphs. New cases literally started magically disappearing in Jan. Also, why are the lockdowns being rolled back? Our numbers (for now) are no less than they were when all the politicos and "experts" were stressing the importance of lockdowns. Would love to see some one explain that one to me. :coffee:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... alifornia/
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:31 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:34 am

You are tenacious. :lol:
Here's the worldometer link to CA data and graphs. New cases literally started magically disappearing in Jan. Also, why are the lockdowns being rolled back? Our numbers (for now) are no less than they were when all the politicos and "experts" were stressing the importance of lockdowns. Would love to see some one explain that one to me. :coffee:

Hey brain surgeon - there were surges after Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve (predicted) because people were stupid and couldn't hold off on big events.

New cases spiked on Jan 8th - about when you would expect the New year's spike to hit. Been trending down since.

Add the vaccination rollout/ramp up (cases in Nursing homes are down 85%) and finally having an adult in charge, with a coherent push to get the vaccine purchased and to the states, is helping as well.
:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 am

Hey brain surgeon - there were surges after Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve (predicted) because people were stupid and couldn't hold off on big events.

New cases spiked on Jan 8th - about when you would expect the New year's spike to hit. Been trending down since.

Add the vaccination rollout/ramp up (cases in Nursing homes are down 85%) and finally having an adult in charge, with a coherent push to get the vaccine purchased and to the states, is helping as well.
:nod:

The peak hit earlier than some predicted but that might be explained by increased voluntary social distancing and the post holiday hibernation period.

Tying the numbers to some coordinated political agreement once Biden took office is tin foil hat territory.

If anything, there’s a greater chance trumpofiles like DeSantis and Abbott are cooking the books similar to Cuomo to lower the case counts and death rates.

Plus there’s massive pressure to reopen quickly for all governors.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:46 am

The peak hit earlier than some predicted but that might be explained by increased voluntary social distancing and the post holiday hibernation period.

Tying the numbers to some coordinated political agreement once Biden took office is tin foil hat territory.

If anything, there’s a greater chance trumpofiles like DeSantis and Abbott are cooking the books similar to Cuomo to lower the case counts and death rates.

Did the CDC or WHO make any changes to COVID testing and/or reporting guidelines in January or thereabouts?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:23 am
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:46 am

Did the CDC or WHO make any changes to COVID testing and/or reporting guidelines in January or thereabouts?
Yep, on Jan 20. Gee, no coincidence there! :lol:
https://redstate.com/michael_thau/2021/ ... ce-n313400
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:41 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:23 am

Yep, on Jan 20. Gee, no coincidence there! :lol:
https://redstate.com/michael_thau/2021/ ... ce-n313400
Judging by what was in the Politico article yesterday about Trump’s interference and control of messaging especially early on, I’d certainly hope so.

:coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: Look at the graph again. Numbers (7 day avg) are no less than those when the CA politicos were in a push to lock everything down. Oh and the increase also conveniently corresponds with flu season. Go figure.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:55 pm

:lol: Look at the graph again. Numbers (7 day avg) are no less than those when the CA politicos were in a push to lock everything down. Oh and the increase also conveniently corresponds with flu season. Go figure.

The US as a whole had biggest spike of deaths on Jan 8.

When you have a large number of people ignoring the lockdown/actively undermining it (groups walking unmasked through stores, having big parties, etc) then you really can't say the lockdown was a failure. People failed.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:39 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:55 pm

When you have a large number of people ignoring the lockdown/actively undermining it (groups walking unmasked through stores, having big parties, etc) then you really can't say the lockdown was a failure. People failed.
:lol: Not many people in CA are ignoring them. Yet there was still a spike that corresponded with flu season (btw surge began before T-Day)...and now cases are magically falling off a cliff. This whole thing has been political.

Oh look, a "new strain" to keep everyone locked down. :dunce: :rofl:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:12 am

Of course there are a lot of factors which can shed some light on NY NJ question.

The big takeaways are 1) unified leadership and messaging which lead to 2) equal or less deaths with equal if not better economic outcomes. And the final results are still not in.

Surprised the “lockdowns don’t work” - “open everything back up and the scaredy cats can hide in fear” brigade haven’t commented yet.

:|
Yawn. Cases started magically disappearing after Jan 20. This was all political from the jump.

Oh and WA was smart enough to not force China Virus patients into nursing homes. :coffee:

Too bad it isn't political in Brazil. :roll:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:20 am

Who's talking about Brazil?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:30 pm
dbackjon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:39 pm

:lol: Not many people in CA are ignoring them. Yet there was still a spike that corresponded with flu season (btw surge began before T-Day)...and now cases are magically falling off a cliff. This whole thing has been political.

Your tinfoil hat will get really uncomfortable in the summer.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:53 pm

Sounds like the vaccine is working with the new strain, they are only going to lockdown people that didn't get the chips, I mean vaccine.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Sounds like the vaccine is working with the new strain, they are only going to lockdown people that didn't get the chips, I mean vaccine.
Yup. Haven't noticed the chip too much.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:09 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:20 am
Bikini season is approaching. :D
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Someone needs to learn how to read a graph.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:57 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:09 pm

:pics:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:18 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:57 pm
:pics:

:shock: :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:17 pm

Oops...guess the conspiracists forgot to tell Norway and Europe. :shock: (Note: US numbers are inching back up a little as well...)
Good evening – here is the Covid-19 status report and commentary for March 17, 2021.

A. Today’s Covid-19 Headlines:

1. Europe is rocketing off again, going over 200,000 new cases in a day again, only a week ago they were at the 100,000 new case level. South America and Asia are both accelerating as well.

2. The UK will see a significant reduction in the amount of vaccines available from the end of March due to a cut in supply, a letter sent around the state-run health service said. National Health Service trusts in England were informed by the UK government’s vaccines task force that there will be “a significant reduction in vaccine supply” from 29 March, “meaning volumes for first doses will be significantly constrained.” Pfizer Inc said it was on track to meet its delivery targets for Covid-19 vaccines in the UK in line with an agreed monthly schedule.

3. White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the US has received requests for Covid-19 vaccines from both Mexico and Canada and is considering them carefully, Reuters reports.

4. The British foreign minister, Dominic Raab, said on Wednesday that the European commission’s threat to ban exports of Covid-19 vaccines cut across previous assurances, adding that the commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, needed to explain herself.

5. Poland’s president, Andrzej Duda, has announced a tough new nationwide lockdown amid surging infections. The country’s health minister said shopping centres, theatres, cinemas and hotels will close from Saturday, while schools will have to switch to online learning.

6. A World Health Organization vaccine safety panel said on Wednesday that it considers the benefits of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine to outweigh its risks and recommends that vaccinations continue.

7. Norway is experiencing a third wave of coronavirus infections, health minister Bent Høie said. From 16 March tougher measures came into force in Oslo and the whole of Viken county, affecting about 1.2 million residents in a region where 82% of the country’s coronavirus infections are clustered, according to Høie.

B. Total New Cases Globally today: 528,845 with a cumulative case count of 121,803,968

C. Today’s Global Top Ten New Case Counts:

1. Brazil – 90,830
2. United States - 62,794
3. France – 38,501
4. India – 35,838
5. Poland – 25,052
6. Italy -23,059
7. Turkey – 18,912
8. Germany – 16,094
9. Czech Republic – 13,934
10. Ukraine -11,833

D. Today’s Global Top Ten Cumulative Case Counts:

1. United States – 30,294,798
2. Brazil – 11,700,431
3. India – 11,474,302
4. Russia – 4,418,436
5. United Kingdom – 4,274,579
6. France – 4,146,609
7. Italy – 3,281,810
8. Spain – 3,206,116
9. Turkey – 2,930,554
10. Germany – 2,610,769

E. The Top Ten New Case Counts from States or Provinces in North America today:

1. New York – 9,179
2. Texas – 5,088
3. Florida – 4,599
4. New Jersey – 4,313
5. Michigan – 3,785
6. California – 3,499
7. Pennsylvania – 3,190
8. Georgia – 2,044
9. North Carolina – 1,999
10. Tennessee – 1,826

F. New Cases today in: Washington – 868 Oregon – 209 Idaho – 454 Montana - 140

G. New Cases today in key Washington State Counties:

1. King – 195
2. Pierce - 208
3. Kitsap – 40
4. Snohomish – 73
5. Skagit - 6
6. Whatcom – 27
7. Thurston - 16
8. Clark – 30
9. Chelan -18
10. Kittitas – 11
11. Yakima - 27
12. Benton - 23
13. Franklin – 10
14. Grant - 30
15. Spokane – 70

H. Today’s New Cases and Cumulative Case Counts by Continent:

1. Europe – 206,486 / 36,779,236
2. South America - 124,874 / 19,584,191
3. Asia – 113,993 / 26,478,358
4. North America – 72,252 / 34,813,403
5. Africa – 11,188- / 4,095,103
6. Oceania – 52 / 52,956
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:51 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:17 pm

Oops...guess the conspiracists forgot to tell Norway and Europe. :shock: (Note: US numbers are inching back up a little as well...)
Good evening – here is the Covid-19 status report and commentary for March 17, 2021.

A. Today’s Covid-19 Headlines:

1. Europe is rocketing off again, going over 200,000 new cases in a day again, only a week ago they were at the 100,000 new case level. South America and Asia are both accelerating as well.

2. The UK will see a significant reduction in the amount of vaccines available from the end of March due to a cut in supply, a letter sent around the state-run health service said. National Health Service trusts in England were informed by the UK government’s vaccines task force that there will be “a significant reduction in vaccine supply” from 29 March, “meaning volumes for first doses will be significantly constrained.” Pfizer Inc said it was on track to meet its delivery targets for Covid-19 vaccines in the UK in line with an agreed monthly schedule.

3. White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the US has received requests for Covid-19 vaccines from both Mexico and Canada and is considering them carefully, Reuters reports.

4. The British foreign minister, Dominic Raab, said on Wednesday that the European commission’s threat to ban exports of Covid-19 vaccines cut across previous assurances, adding that the commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, needed to explain herself.

5. Poland’s president, Andrzej Duda, has announced a tough new nationwide lockdown amid surging infections. The country’s health minister said shopping centres, theatres, cinemas and hotels will close from Saturday, while schools will have to switch to online learning.

6. A World Health Organization vaccine safety panel said on Wednesday that it considers the benefits of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine to outweigh its risks and recommends that vaccinations continue.

7. Norway is experiencing a third wave of coronavirus infections, health minister Bent Høie said. From 16 March tougher measures came into force in Oslo and the whole of Viken county, affecting about 1.2 million residents in a region where 82% of the country’s coronavirus infections are clustered, according to Høie.

B. Total New Cases Globally today: 528,845 with a cumulative case count of 121,803,968

C. Today’s Global Top Ten New Case Counts:

1. Brazil – 90,830
2. United States - 62,794
3. France – 38,501
4. India – 35,838
5. Poland – 25,052
6. Italy -23,059
7. Turkey – 18,912
8. Germany – 16,094
9. Czech Republic – 13,934
10. Ukraine -11,833

D. Today’s Global Top Ten Cumulative Case Counts:

1. United States – 30,294,798
2. Brazil – 11,700,431
3. India – 11,474,302
4. Russia – 4,418,436
5. United Kingdom – 4,274,579
6. France – 4,146,609
7. Italy – 3,281,810
8. Spain – 3,206,116
9. Turkey – 2,930,554
10. Germany – 2,610,769

E. The Top Ten New Case Counts from States or Provinces in North America today:

1. New York – 9,179
2. Texas – 5,088
3. Florida – 4,599
4. New Jersey – 4,313
5. Michigan – 3,785
6. California – 3,499
7. Pennsylvania – 3,190
8. Georgia – 2,044
9. North Carolina – 1,999
10. Tennessee – 1,826

F. New Cases today in: Washington – 868 Oregon – 209 Idaho – 454 Montana - 140

G. New Cases today in key Washington State Counties:

1. King – 195
2. Pierce - 208
3. Kitsap – 40
4. Snohomish – 73
5. Skagit - 6
6. Whatcom – 27
7. Thurston - 16
8. Clark – 30
9. Chelan -18
10. Kittitas – 11
11. Yakima - 27
12. Benton - 23
13. Franklin – 10
14. Grant - 30
15. Spokane – 70

H. Today’s New Cases and Cumulative Case Counts by Continent:

1. Europe – 206,486 / 36,779,236
2. South America - 124,874 / 19,584,191
3. Asia – 113,993 / 26,478,358
4. North America – 72,252 / 34,813,403
5. Africa – 11,188- / 4,095,103
6. Oceania – 52 / 52,956
Um, we're talking about CA. Go take a nap old man.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:31 am
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:51 am

Sure. When it’s convenient...

Oh look...Cali’s numbers are included. Why are they so lower now. Has to be Biden courting those up in the air votes in the swing state of California! :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:43 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:31 am

Sure. When it’s convenient...

Oh look...Cali’s numbers are included. Why are they so lower now. Has to be Biden courting those up in the air votes in the swing state of California! :lol:
Then why hide it in all the other fluff? And yes, CA cases magically falling off a cliff is my point, so thanks for that.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Oh look, CA testing (7-day avg) has fallen to near "pre-Thanksgiving Day" surge levels. Funny how the positivity rate follows the same curve as the tests issued curve. :lol:

Didn't some orange guy tell us not to test so much? :rofl:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/ca.o ... Statistics
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:10 am Oh look, CA testing (7-day avg) has fallen to near "pre-Thanksgiving Day" surge levels. Funny how the positivity rate follows the same curve as the tests issued curve. :lol:

Didn't some orange guy tell us not to test so much? :rofl:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/ca.o ... Statistics
It really IS rocket science! :lol: :mrgreen:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12