How secure is this forum?

Political discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: How secure is this forum?

Post by SuperHornet »

Secure? I think I'll come at this from two perspectives.

1. Hacking. I've never been hacked on this site, and I've never gotten spam on it. I noticed spam for a long time at SacBuzz, but I think SD or iSac got that fixed. I don't see it anymore.

2. Online abuse. I would object to some of the language a very few people use, particularly when directed at other members (i.e. "throwing your weight around"). But I'm not afraid that ANY people would directly come after me (or anyone else for that matter). This board has been around for so long that if that were going to happen, we'd already have heard about it, and that hasn't happened to the best of my knowledge. For the most part, we have a good crew here....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:28 am Secure? I think I'll come at this from two perspectives.

1. Hacking. I've never been hacked on this site, and I've never gotten spam on it. I noticed spam for a long time at SacBuzz, but I think SD or iSac got that fixed. I don't see it anymore.

2. Online abuse. I would object to some of the language a very few people use, particularly when directed at other members (i.e. "throwing your weight around"). But I'm not afraid that ANY people would directly come after me (or anyone else for that matter). This board has been around for so long that if that were going to happen, we'd already have heard about it, and that hasn't happened to the best of my knowledge. For the most part, we have a good crew here....
You’re safe here, buddy.

Serious question. What’s the most profane word you’ve used in the last week?
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

I'm insecure anywhere I go. Why should this place be any different?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:15 am I'm insecure anywhere I go. Why should this place be any different?
:lol: