2024 Primary

Political discussions
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 am Attacks and ambushes - the GOP battle for Indiana’s open Senate seat could turn into a ‘Republican civil war’
"The establishment is trying to recruit weak RINO Mitch Daniels to run for US Senate in Indiana," Donald Trump, Jr. tweeted last Friday. "He would be Mitt Romney 2.0."

That brought a rebuttal by longtime Daniels adviser and friend Mark Lubbers, who told Fox News on Thursday that last week’s tweet by Trump’s eldest son "was an ambush. We didn’t have any interest in picking a fight with the Trump folks. This could have been an enlightening election that could have happened in a civic spirited way. We didn’t pick this fight, but we’re not candy a- -es."

A source close to Banks, pointing to Trump’s continued popularity in Indiana, argued to Fox News that "I truly don’t think Daniels allies are doing the former governor any favors with the Republican electorate by criticizing Trump. It really makes me wonder if they’re really serious about running for the Senate in the first place."
"What this is about is the difference between people who want to fight the progressive left and those of us who want to beat the progressive left," Lubbers argued. "In order to do that we need optimistic and positive conservatism that builds majorities and wins elections and makes policy. Not just foaming at the mouth and counting tweets and all that stuff that I think the Trump wing of the party engages in. The applause of the few can’t be the goal. The goal must be winning elections and making a government built on majorities. The country is ready to move to a more conservative place. The impediment to that is the Trump wing of the party."
Who criticized who? It would seem to me that lil donny criticized Daniels, who is an exponentially better leader and administrator than trump.
If these people would study and learn how Kemp and DeSantis handled the Trump menace, they would learn so much. :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Can Gallego beat Sinema and a republican?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:30 pm

She’ll have the financial backing. It’s possible but not likely. Unless the R nominee is Masters or Lake, then he might win over enough indies.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 am Attacks and ambushes - the GOP battle for Indiana’s open Senate seat could turn into a ‘Republican civil war’

Who criticized who? It would seem to me that lil donny criticized Daniels, who is an exponentially better leader and administrator than trump.
If these people would study and learn how Kemp and DeSantis handled the Trump menace, they would learn so much. :ohno:
I was opposed to the idea at the time but it does appear that the donks backing Trumpadoodle wackjob candidates did what the donks wanted it to do - this bodes well for an entertaining Repubican primary, no?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Senator Lake :dunce:
:thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:00 pm

Senator Lake :dunce:
Give us Sinema please.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Marjorie Taylor Greene aims to be Trump's VP pick in 2024
"She sees herself on the short list for Trump's VP. Paraphrasing Cokie Roberts, when MTG looks in the mirror she sees a potential president smiling back," he added in an interview, referring to Roberts, the late political reporter who worked for NPR, ABC News and other outlets.
That goal is at the heart of Greene's recent efforts to rebrand herself as a politician who can stand astride the divide between the party's hard-liners and its establishment wing, the sources said.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Conservative Treehouse been pointing out DeSantis has the backing of the Wall Street money and is of the same mold as Jeb Bush. She pointed out DeSantis would be backing Dhillion

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... rnc-chair/
The pundits are noting the man who never expends political capital on an issue where he might lose, has finally expended some political capital. However, what the pundits don’t realize is this has all be gamed-out, strategized and planned by the people who manage Ron DeSantis. {Direct Rumble Link}

First, Mike Lindell announced he was going to challenge Ronna McDaniel for the RNC chair. This sent a shockwave through the Big Club because the potential for support from President Trump loomed over the Lindell announcement. America-First Mike Lindell is not controlled by corporate money, Wall Street, the multinationals or billionaire Big Donors who ultimately control the RNC as a big private club.

So, what happened?… Facing the possibility that Ronna McDaniel might be unseated, a week after Lindell’s announcement, Harmeet Dhillon steps into the picture.

Dhillion is a tenured Big Club member and voice for the billionaire class who fund her. Remember, Dhillon was paid over $1 million by the RNC, separate and above any costs connected to the Trump legal defense fund. Dhillon makes her money from the RNC, and if Lindell won the chairmanship, in addition to her friend losing the seat, Dhillon was financially at risk. Dhillon enters the race as an insurance policy, on behalf of the Big Club donors.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:49 pm Conservative Treehouse been pointing out DeSantis has the backing of the Wall Street money and is of the same mold as Jeb Bush. She pointed out DeSantis would be backing Dhillion

The pundits are noting the man who never expends political capital on an issue where he might lose, has finally expended some political capital. However, what the pundits don’t realize is this has all be gamed-out, strategized and planned by the people who manage Ron DeSantis. {Direct Rumble Link}

First, Mike Lindell announced he was going to challenge Ronna McDaniel for the RNC chair. This sent a shockwave through the Big Club because the potential for support from President Trump loomed over the Lindell announcement. America-First Mike Lindell is not controlled by corporate money, Wall Street, the multinationals or billionaire Big Donors who ultimately control the RNC as a big private club.

So, what happened?… Facing the possibility that Ronna McDaniel might be unseated, a week after Lindell’s announcement, Harmeet Dhillon steps into the picture.

Dhillion is a tenured Big Club member and voice for the billionaire class who fund her. Remember, Dhillon was paid over $1 million by the RNC, separate and above any costs connected to the Trump legal defense fund. Dhillon makes her money from the RNC, and if Lindell won the chairmanship, in addition to her friend losing the seat, Dhillon was financially at risk. Dhillon enters the race as an insurance policy, on behalf of the Big Club donors.
Tell me again how our system isn’t legalized corruption.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:31 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:49 pm Conservative Treehouse been pointing out DeSantis has the backing of the Wall Street money and is of the same mold as Jeb Bush. She pointed out DeSantis would be backing Dhillion

No shit! I know a lot make fun of Conservative Treehouse, but she's been pointing this crap out for as long as I've been reading. Needless to say, I've enjoyed her perspective as it's not one you read often. It does make you disgusted with our government once you start noticing what she refers to as "strings being pulled".
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:05 am Marjorie Taylor Greene aims to be Trump's VP pick in 2024
"She sees herself on the short list for Trump's VP. Paraphrasing Cokie Roberts, when MTG looks in the mirror she sees a potential president smiling back," he added in an interview, referring to Roberts, the late political reporter who worked for NPR, ABC News and other outlets.
That goal is at the heart of Greene's recent efforts to rebrand herself as a politician who can stand astride the divide between the party's hard-liners and its establishment wing, the sources said.
How 'bout it, Z? Is this not an even more geinius pick than McCain picking Palin? :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:41 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:31 pm

No shit! I know a lot make fun of Conservative Treehouse, but she's been pointing this crap out for as long as I've been reading. Needless to say, I've enjoyed her perspective as it's not one you read often. It does make you disgusted with our government once you start noticing what she refers to as "strings being pulled".
Where you been for the last 50 years?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

It's official: Nikki Haley running for president. Formal announcement Feb. 15

Cementing what has been in the works for months, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley will formally announce she is running for president and will seek the Republican nomination for her party’s 2024 ticket, The Post and Courier has learned.

According to an invitation soon going out to her backers, Haley’s advertised “special announcement” will come Feb. 15 at the The Shed at the Charleston Visitor Center in downtown Charleston, an open air but covered gathering spot that could draw hundreds of supporters into the heart of the city’s tourism district.

The confirmation she entering the race came from a member of Haley’s inner circle Jan. 31.

Haley has teased at running for the White House for months, increasing her footprint on social media and in national interviews that she was leaning toward an official bid.

Long identified as harboring presidential intentions for the past decade, she becomes the second announced profile Republican looking to knock off Democratic President Joe Biden next year, just behind her former boss from when she was U.N. ambassador, previous White House occupant Donald Trump.

Haley famously said earlier she would not seek to challenge Trump if he ran again, but her message has since shifted to say the country needs to look toward a different path.

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics ... e8be3.html
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Official:
Trump
Haley

TBD:
-Desantis (he is a given).
-Pence
-Noem
-Pompeo
-Tim Scott (headed to Iowa this month)
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:11 am Official:
Trump
Haley

TBD:
-Pence
-Noem
-Pompeo
Who do you want on the Conk ticket? Who do you think will be on the Conk ticket?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:58 am It's official: Nikki Haley running for president. Formal announcement Feb. 15

Cementing what has been in the works for months, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley will formally announce she is running for president and will seek the Republican nomination for her party’s 2024 ticket, The Post and Courier has learned.

According to an invitation soon going out to her backers, Haley’s advertised “special announcement” will come Feb. 15 at the The Shed at the Charleston Visitor Center in downtown Charleston, an open air but covered gathering spot that could draw hundreds of supporters into the heart of the city’s tourism district.

The confirmation she entering the race came from a member of Haley’s inner circle Jan. 31.

Haley has teased at running for the White House for months, increasing her footprint on social media and in national interviews that she was leaning toward an official bid.

Long identified as harboring presidential intentions for the past decade, she becomes the second announced profile Republican looking to knock off Democratic President Joe Biden next year, just behind her former boss from when she was U.N. ambassador, previous White House occupant Donald Trump.

Haley famously said earlier she would not seek to challenge Trump if he ran again, but her message has since shifted to say the country needs to look toward a different path.

Good for the country but I still think it’s Trump’s for the taking.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:39 am
Trump
Haley

TBD:
-Pence
-Noem
-Pompeo
Who do you want on the Conk ticket? Who do you think will be on the Conk ticket?
Leaning Desantis over Trump because of electability and Trump’s age. I’ve said before 75 (not hitting 76th B-day) by inauguaration day should be the age limit. 80+ in office is too old.

As far as who I think it will be, think its a total tossup for the conk nomination as this point between Trump and Desantis. Trump has a higher chance of having a serious medical condition or dying than Desantis, so I’d put the odds at 45% Desantis, 40% Trump, 15% other.
https://www.predictit.org/
https://electionbettingodds.com/President2024.html

The below has Trump over Desantis for the conk nomination, but Desantis over Biden for the POTUS.
https://smarkets.com/listing/politics/u ... l-election
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Trump
Haley

TBD:
-Pence
-Noem
-Pompeo
Didn't John Bolton already declare too? :lol: :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:58 am It's official: Nikki Haley running for president. Formal announcement Feb. 15

No thanks!
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:16 pm

Haley famously said earlier she would not seek to challenge Trump if he ran again, but her message has since shifted to say the country needs to look toward a different path. :mrgreen:
Good for the country but I still think it’s Trump’s for the taking.

et tu, Nikius?

E Familiarus Contempticus
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:39 pm

No thanks!
Yep. Establishmemt neocon.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:22 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:39 pm
No thanks!
* Establishment

Why does the Republican Party seem to only give us candidates who are establishment neocons or self-righteous zealots?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:33 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:22 pm
* Establishment

Why does the Republican Party seem to only give us candidates who are establishment neocons or self-righteous zealots?
$’s for the neocons. Appease the base in the case of zealots. Similar to Dems.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:36 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:39 am

Leaning Desantis over Trump because of electability and Trump’s age. I’ve said before 75 (not hitting 76th B-day) by inauguaration day should be the age limit. 80+ in office is too old.

As far as who I think it will be, think its a total tossup for the conk nomination as this point between Trump and Desantis. Trump has a higher chance of having a serious medical condition or dying than Desantis, so I’d put the odds at 45% Desantis, 40% Trump, 15% other.

The below has Trump over Desantis for the conk nomination, but Desantis over Biden for the POTUS.
:nod: The nomination is still a political lifetime away. I think the party is ready, and anxious, to dump the treasonous scumbag loser but it isn't clear that the base is ready to follow yet, or ever. Live synapses are at a premium among the base right now
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:58 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:36 pm

:nod: The nomination is still a political lifetime away. I think the party is ready, and anxious, to dump the treasonous scumbag loser but it isn't clear that the base is ready to follow yet, or ever. Live synapses are at a premium among the base right now
This applies to both parties except the Democratic base is ready to follow. They just don't have a replacement they can get behind.