Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:01 pm
kalm wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:12 pm

Right. How frequent are late term abortions and what’s the primary reason for them.

And what percentage of left wing extremists poll positive for on demand through birth?
And now you want to focus the debate so that you can feel good about yourself because your side isn't as bad as the other side.

I don't know how frequent late term abortions are and the only reason they should happen is the mother's life is at risk.

It doesn't matter "what percentage of left wing extremists poll positive for on demand through birth" if other left-wingers don't repudiate them.
These were sincere questions.

And yes…it does matter…in a primary thread.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:13 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:01 pm

And now you want to focus the debate so that you can feel good about yourself because your side isn't as bad as the other side.

I don't know how frequent late term abortions are and the only reason they should happen is the mother's life is at risk.

It doesn't matter "what percentage of left wing extremists poll positive for on demand through birth" if other left-wingers don't repudiate them.

Maybe this will help you feel good about yourself ...

:D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:19 pm
kalm wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:13 pm

Maybe this will help you feel good about yourself ...

:D
Damn straight. I’ve read it 5 times.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

houndawg wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:45 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:34 am
Plenty of history nerds and gun guys who have/collect WWII stuff, including Nazi.

Heck, I have a frankensteined 98K, a box of WWII ear 8 MM Mauser rounds, and WWII German bayonet & sheath (was my grandfathers), all with Nazi markings..
to the surprise of nobody :coffee:
In defense of BDK, I also have a 98K, a box of Luftwaffe pins and patches, a bayonet (number matching the rifle), a P38 with holster. All from my great uncle with Nazi markings. I'm actually quite proud of them since they are getting rare and mine are in great condition.

I can understand, and even relate to his feelings about his collection.

No I don't admire Hitler, nor do I ascribe to the Nazi platform. I just think it's pretty awesome I can hold something so rare that you can normally only look at in a museum. I'd never dream of selling them despite my kids having no interest in having them when I die.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:49 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:45 pm

to the surprise of nobody :coffee:
In defense of BDK, I also have a 98K, a box of Luftwaffe pins and patches, a bayonet (number matching the rifle), a P38 with holster. All from my great uncle with Nazi markings. I'm actually quite proud of them since they are getting rare and mine are in great condition.

I can understand, and even relate to his feelings about his collection.

No I don't admire Hitler, nor do I ascribe to the Nazi platform. I just think it's pretty awesome I can hold something so rare that you can normally only look at in a museum. I'd never dream of selling them despite my kids having no interest in having them when I die.
Well damn…now I feel bad, Bobby.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

For anyone doubting who would be the nominee, we can now put this thread to rest.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:04 am For anyone doubting who would be the nominee, we can now put this thread to rest.
You mean nomineeS? You are way premature. Give it 9 to 10 months.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

kalm wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:01 am Well damn…now I feel bad, Bobby.
It's Bob dammit!
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:41 am
houndawg wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:56 am

:nod:

Classic example of Deming's (or Juran's..been so long I forget) famous quote: "Statistics are like bikinis: what they reveal is very interesting, what they don't reveal is vital."

As with Dobbs, where all the traditional indicators pointed one way and the result was wildly different than expected in a none-deeper-red State - Biden/Trump 2 could easily result in the guy thats running for re-election with the lowest poll numbers ever kicking Trump's ass even more authoratatively than he did the first time.
Be careful with the Dobbs thing. Sure, it played a part in the 2022 midterms, but what played a bigger part was bad candidates in key races for the GOP. And despite that, and despite the Dobbs decision, the GOP still took the House. Regardless of what happens, the electorate is crazily divided right now and will likely stay that way. Abortion has never been a wedge issue, the number of people for and against it have been pretty much even for 50 years. The White House has been a personality contest for the past 60 years, if not longer, so that won't change in 2024 - it will be Trump's awfulness compared with Biden's ineptitude, if both of those guys live that long. It's going to be pretty close if they both live to the election. GOP has a pretty decided advantage in the Senate races so that could flip. Won't be big swings anymore in House elections as both blue and red states are decidedly gerrymandered to cut off losses. Looks to be a cluster for the foreseeable future.
You're doing the same thing as SG - it isn't about the right or wrong of abortion its about taking away the right to have one from people who might need one - by people who will never need one. If both guys live that long and are the candidates, Biden wins by a larger margin than the first landslide, and women and youth will be why. Agree that the Senate will likely flip, who do you think is going to take Sinema's seat?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Another thing that's going to play an impact and is only just now starting to be felt is economic conditions that impact employment. The rampant inflation train that Biden unleashed, with assistance from the Fed, has to date really just impacted prices and the costs of things. And also a few spectacular collapses of some pretty big banks. Problem is, we are going to start seeing the impact of inflation on employment - just heard at my company that we're basically doing rolling layoffs of the Production staff - off this Friday, next Friday, and then the whole week after Memorial Day. Potentially more to come. Folks are free to collect unemployment for those days and might need to for a longer term. And we're a company that, even in the 2008 disaster only laid off a handful of workers. We've been slow for a couple of weeks now and things don't look to be getting prettier in the months ahead. That recession that people said was coming (not to be confused with the recession we had earlier last year) looks to actually be coming. If it does, how it impacts people, and for how long, is going to play a huge role in next year's election. The economy trumps everything when it comes to elections. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The AP proves they are FAKE NEWS.

The AP lie:
….But DeSantis devoted little time for selfies or handshakes in Sioux Center, where more than 600 people had gathered to see him at an event billed as a family picnic for U.S. Rep. Randy Feenstra….
The truth:

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/05/13 ... te-n745439
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:40 pm
Well, FL is #2 or #3 in job growth over the last year, so we’ll see if this has any affect.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state ... h-by-state
https://seidmaninstitute.com/job-growth/state/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:04 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:40 pm
Well, FL is #2 or #3 in job growth over the last year, so we’ll see if this has any affect.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state ... h-by-state
https://seidmaninstitute.com/job-growth/state/
$1 billion is a lot of money so it will definitely have an effect. Whether it's noticed will depend on what else is going on in Florida.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Hey hey hey, its…
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:39 am Hey hey hey, its…
They smell blood in the water and are underestimating Trump…again.

He’s still the huge favorite.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:58 am Another thing that's going to play an impact and is only just now starting to be felt is economic conditions that impact employment. The rampant inflation train that TRUMP unleashed, with assistance from the Fed, has to date really just impacted prices and the costs of things. And also a few spectacular collapses of some pretty big banks. Problem is, we are going to start seeing the impact of inflation on employment - just heard at my company that we're basically doing rolling layoffs of the Production staff - off this Friday, next Friday, and then the whole week after Memorial Day. Potentially more to come. Folks are free to collect unemployment for those days and might need to for a longer term. And we're a company that, even in the 2008 disaster only laid off a handful of workers. We've been slow for a couple of weeks now and things don't look to be getting prettier in the months ahead. That recession that people said was coming (not to be confused with the recession we had earlier last year) looks to actually be coming. If it does, how it impacts people, and for how long, is going to play a huge role in next year's election. The economy trumps everything when it comes to elections. :coffee:
FTFY
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Tim Scott enters the race.

They must all be assuming that by 2024, Trump will be in jail. Although Trump in jail would still beat most of them.
:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

dbackjon wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:30 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:58 am Another thing that's going to play an impact and is only just now starting to be felt is economic conditions that impact employment. The rampant inflation train that TRUMP unleashed, with assistance from the Fed, has to date really just impacted prices and the costs of things. And also a few spectacular collapses of some pretty big banks. Problem is, we are going to start seeing the impact of inflation on employment - just heard at my company that we're basically doing rolling layoffs of the Production staff - off this Friday, next Friday, and then the whole week after Memorial Day. Potentially more to come. Folks are free to collect unemployment for those days and might need to for a longer term. And we're a company that, even in the 2008 disaster only laid off a handful of workers. We've been slow for a couple of weeks now and things don't look to be getting prettier in the months ahead. That recession that people said was coming (not to be confused with the recession we had earlier last year) looks to actually be coming. If it does, how it impacts people, and for how long, is going to play a huge role in next year's election. The economy trumps everything when it comes to elections. :coffee:
FTFY
No, silly. Everyone knows conservatives are extraordinarily consistent when it comes to controlling spending and placing a ceiling on the debt.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:49 am
dbackjon wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:30 am
FTFY
No, silly. Everyone knows conservatives are extraordinarily consistent when it comes to controlling spending and placing a ceiling on the debt.
No, trump started it while Biden opened the floodgates. From a Presidential (non Federal Reserve) perspective, I'd give trump 20% of the responsibility and Biden 80%.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:30 am The rampant inflation train that TRUMP unleashed,
Yeah, that’s why inflation was 1.4% when Trump left office. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:54 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:49 am

No, trump started it while Biden opened the floodgates. From a Presidential (non Federal Reserve) perspective, I'd give trump 20% of the responsibility and Biden 80%.
I could agree with this.

Or could break it down further:
Trump 10%
Congress 30%
Biden 30%
Fed 30%
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Officially declared major candidates for the conk primary:
-Donald Trump, 77: Officially declared 11/15/22.

-Nikki Haley, 51: UN Ambassador (2017-2018), Gov SC (2011-2017), State Rep SC (2005-2011); Officially declared 2/14/23.

-Vivek Ramaswamy, 38: CEO of Strive Asset Management, which he co-founded; also founded a pharma company and co-founded a tech company and a medicare navigation platform. Officially declared 2/21/23.

-Asa Hutchinson, 72: Gov of AR (2015-2023) (lost in 2006)); Under Sec DHS 2003-2005; Head of the DEA 2001-2003; Rep AR 1997-2001; US DA AR 1982-1985. Officially declared 4/2/23.

-Tim Scott, 58: Senator from SC 2013-current; Rep SC 2011-2013; State Rep SC 2009-2011; Charleston County Council 1995-2009. Officially declared 5/19/23.

-Ron Desantis, 45: Gov FL 2019-present; US HoR 2013-2018. Officially declared 5/24/23

-Chris Christie 61: Gov NJ 2010-2018; Chair Republican Gov’s Association 2013-2014; Chair of Opiod & Drug Abuse Commission 2017; US Attorney for NJ 2002-2008; Morris County, NJ Board of Chosen Freeholders 1995-1997. Officially declared 6/6/23.

-Doug Burgum, 66: Gov of ND 2016-current. Mortgaged his inherited farmland after graduating from Stanford in 1983 to invest in a small technology startup, Great Plains Software Early career in consulting. Later became president of Great Plains Software that he sold to Microsoft for 1.1 billion.. Later senior VP at Microsoft. Founded real eatate investment firm in Fargo. On several boards. Officially declared 6/6/23.

Dropped out
-Corey Stapleton, 56: Montana Sec of State 2017-2021. Officially declared 11/11/22. Suspended his campaign 10/13/23.

-Larry Elder, 71: Conk candidate for gov of CA 2021; host if the Larry Elder Show 1993-2022. Officially declared 4/20/23. Suspended his campaign 10/26/23. Endorsed Trump.

-Mike Pence, 64: VP 2017-2021, Gov Indiana 2013-2017; US HoR 2001-2013. Officially declared 6/5/23. Suspended his campaign 8/29/23.

-Franics Suarez, 45: Mayor of Miami since 2017; 2009-2017 Member of the Miami City Commission. Officially declared 6/14/23. Suspended his campaign 8/29/23.

-Will Hurd 46: HoR 23rd district TX 2015-2021; worked for cybersecurity firm after the CIA; CIA 2000-2009. Officially declared 6/22/23. Suspended his campaign 10/9/23, endorsed Haley.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Re ... _primaries
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:08 pm, edited 17 times in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:47 am Officially declared candidates for the conk primary (Not counting at least 5 declared fringe candidates):
-Donald Trump, 76: Officially declared 11/15/22.

-Nikki Haley, 51: UN Ambassador (2017-2018), Gov SC (2011-2017), State Rep SC (2005-2011); Officially declared 2/14/23.

-Vivek Ramaswamy, 37: CEO of Strive Asset Management, which he co-founded; also founded a pharma company and co-founded a tech company and a medicare navigation platform. Officially declared 2/21/23.

-Asa Hutchinson, 72: Gov of AR (2015-2023) (lost in 2006)); Under Sec DHS 2003-2005; Head of the DEA 2001-2003; Rep AR 1997-2001; US DA AR 1982-1985. Officially declared 4/2/23.

-Tim Scott, 57: Senator from SC 2013-current; Rep SC 2011-2013; State Rep SC 2009-2011; Charleston City Council 1995-2009. Officially declared 4/2/23.
Hutchinson would be the best general election candidate so far.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:13 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:47 am Officially declared candidates for the conk primary (Not counting at least 5 declared fringe candidates):
-Donald Trump, 76: Officially declared 11/15/22.

-Vivek Ramaswamy, 37: CEO of Strive Asset Management, which he co-founded; also founded a pharma company and co-founded a tech company and a medicare navigation platform. Officially declared 2/21/23.

-Tim Scott, 57: Senator from SC 2013-current; Rep SC 2011-2013; State Rep SC 2009-2011; Charleston City Council 1995-2009. Officially declared 4/2/23.
Hutchinson would be the best general election candidate so far.
I would love to see the moral and logical hoops that illiberal democrats would jump through to justify their attacks on woman of color like Nikki Haley. The hypocrisy would be through the roof.