Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:05 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
He dotters around like he’s 108.
And he might be running against a delusional buffoon claiming the 2020 election was stolen. WTF did we do to deserve these 2 fvcking @ssholes?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Pretty simple. Our elected "representatives" are a mirror of those that elected them.

So perhaps the better question is: "What is wrong with voters?"
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:06 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:05 pm And he might be running against a delusional buffoon claiming the 2020 election was stolen. WTF did we do to deserve these 2 fvcking @ssholes?

Pretty simple. Our elected "representatives" are a mirror of those that elected them.

Hard truth ^ :nod:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:12 am

I have moments of enlightenment sometimes on my drive into work. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:15 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:12 am

:thumb:

I typically have mine on the crapper.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:28 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:15 am

Now some of your ideas are making more sense. :kisswink: :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:53 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:28 am

Now some of your ideas are making more sense. :kisswink: :lol:
Mrs. Kalm: “what are you doing in there?”

Me: “Becoming enlightened”
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:05 pm And he might be running against a delusional buffoon claiming the 2020 election was stolen. WTF did we do to deserve these 2 fvcking @ssholes?

If by “mirrors” you mean idiotic and low information, then yes I agree with you.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:03 pm

If by “mirrors” you mean idiotic and low information, then yes I agree with you.
Got it in two. :thumb:

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Tulsi Gabbard leaves Democratic Party, denounces it as 'elitist cabal'

"I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism," Gabbard wrote.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:32 am Tulsi Gabbard leaves Democratic Party, denounces it as 'elitist cabal'

"I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism," Gabbard wrote.
She has a point. Unfortunately, the Republican Party isn't any better.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:50 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:32 am Tulsi Gabbard leaves Democratic Party, denounces it as 'elitist cabal'

She has a point. Unfortunately, the Republican Party isn't any better.
No plans to join them at the present.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Trump slams ‘stupid’ GOP Colorado Senate candidate after 2024 remarks
The Truth Social post came a day after O’Dea said during an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union” that he would try to boost other Republican presidential candidates against Trump during the 2024 election cycle.

“I don’t think Donald Trump should run again,” O’Dea said during the interview, later adding, “I’m going to actively campaign against Donald Trump and make sure that we’ve got four or five really great Republicans right now.”
“President Trump is entitled to his opinion but I’m my own man and I’ll call it like I see it. Another Biden, Trump election will tear this country apart. … DeSantis, Scott, Pompeo or Haley would be better choices,” he said, referring to Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.), Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (R) and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley (R).

“These elections should be focused on Joe Biden’s failures – supercharged inflation, a broken border, rampant crime, a war on American energy – not a rehash of 2020,” O’Dea added. “America needs to move forward.”
Is O'Dea wrong?

Once again trump shows that loyalty is more important than Republicans actually winning elections.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:39 pm Trump slams ‘stupid’ GOP Colorado Senate candidate after 2024 remarks
The Truth Social post came a day after O’Dea said during an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union” that he would try to boost other Republican presidential candidates against Trump during the 2024 election cycle.

“I don’t think Donald Trump should run again,” O’Dea said during the interview, later adding, “I’m going to actively campaign against Donald Trump and make sure that we’ve got four or five really great Republicans right now.”
“President Trump is entitled to his opinion but I’m my own man and I’ll call it like I see it. Another Biden, Trump election will tear this country apart. … DeSantis, Scott, Pompeo or Haley would be better choices,” he said, referring to Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.), Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (R) and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley (R).

“These elections should be focused on Joe Biden’s failures – supercharged inflation, a broken border, rampant crime, a war on American energy – not a rehash of 2020,” O’Dea added. “America needs to move forward.”
Is O'Dea wrong?

Once again trump shows that loyalty is more important than Republicans actually winning elections.
Of course he's not wrong, another Biden/Trump election would be disastrous. Not only just for the sure to be base campaigning and mud slinging, but also for the fact that we'll be spending another 4 years with one of those guys in the White House. Biden is already way too old for the job, Trump will be at the same age then that Biden is now and he's not aging well either. And both parties need to turn the page on these guys - we don't need another 4 years in legal drama over something one of these octogenarians or their cronies did or said. Turn the page and let's get on with solving things rather than trying to tear down the other side. Blissfully optimistic, but we don't get there with one of these two clowns in the White House.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:06 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:39 pm Trump slams ‘stupid’ GOP Colorado Senate candidate after 2024 remarks

Is O'Dea wrong?

Of course he's not wrong, another Biden/Trump election would be disastrous. Not only just for the sure to be base campaigning and mud slinging, but also for the fact that we'll be spending another 4 years with one of those guys in the White House. Biden is already way too old for the job, Trump will be at the same age then that Biden is now and he's not aging well either. And both parties need to turn the page on these guys - we don't need another 4 years in legal drama over something one of these octogenarians or their cronies did or said. Turn the page and let's get on with solving things rather than trying to tear down the other side. Blissfully optimistic, but we don't get there with one of these two clowns in the White House.
I don't think Biden cognitively makes it another 2 years. So it would be Trump vs. Xemocrat.

But I agree with your point overall.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:12 am

I don't think Biden cognitively makes it another 2 years. So it would be Trump vs. Xemocrat.

:nod: O'Dea is spot on even if Biden doesn't run. A trump campaign "will tear this country apart. … DeSantis, Scott, Pompeo or Haley would be better choices.” “America needs to move forward.”
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:19 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:12 am

:nod: O'Dea is spot on even if Biden doesn't run. A trump campaign "will tear this country apart. … DeSantis, Scott, Pompeo or Haley would be better choices.” “America needs to move forward.”
My personal belief (and hope) is that once it comes down to Trump and DeSantis, the primaries will separate the two. Trump is still a buffoon and in a debate, DeSantis will have a pretty good edge. Trump will get his zingers in, but outside of that when it comes to substance, it is all DeSantis.

Two years is alot of time and Trump has more than a few hurdles to get over in that time.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:19 am

My personal belief (and hope) is that once it comes down to Trump and DeSantis, the primaries will separate the two. Trump is still a buffoon and in a debate, DeSantis will have a pretty good edge. Trump will get his zingers in, but outside of that when it comes to substance, it is all DeSantis.

Two years is alot of time and Trump has more than a few hurdles to get over in that time.
Trump referred to Ron as “Desanctimonious” at a rally last night and it is widely reported he will declare next week. I’d place money on Trump winning the primary at this point.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:30 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:15 pm

Trump referred to Ron as “Desanctimonious” at a rally last night and it is widely reported he will declare next week. I’d place money on Trump winning the primary at this point.
And? Trump's greatest fan is himself. He has his die-hard fans, but I they are a fixed number. Of course he is going to try and declare early, as he is going to use the current election happenings as "fuel" for his campaign and get a jump start on DeSantis. He knows DeSantis is still a governor and his attention is split so to speak.

There are multiple court cases and other things going on behind the scenes that he has to be concerned about but he is trying to conduct business as usual to distract voters of what is going on. DeSantis knows this and there is no advantage to his campaign to do anything early. They just need to keep somewhat in the news, like he has been doing, and let Trump do Trump things while biding their time.

Trump will try to do his best to get the nomination but it is by far from a sure thing. Even though he himself and the entire DNC wants us to think that.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:09 am
kalm wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:30 am

And? Trump's greatest fan is himself. He has his die-hard fans, but I they are a fixed number. Of course he is going to try and declare early, as he is going to use the current election happenings as "fuel" for his campaign and get a jump start on DeSantis. He knows DeSantis is still a governor and his attention is split so to speak.

There are multiple court cases and other things going on behind the scenes that he has to be concerned about but he is trying to conduct business as usual to distract voters of what is going on. DeSantis knows this and there is no advantage to his campaign to do anything early. They just need to keep somewhat in the news, like he has been doing, and let Trump do Trump things while biding their time.

Trump will try to do his best to get the nomination but it is by far from a sure thing. Even though he himself and the entire DNC wants us to think that.
Unless Trump is in jail or criminally prohibited from running he will be the nominee. I do agree on the finite # of his true supporters. But he was initially laughed at in 2015 as well. MAGA now controls the party and will continue to until someone takes him head on and wins.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:19 am
Winterborn wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:09 am

Unless Trump is in jail or criminally prohibited from running he will be the nominee. I do agree on the finite # of his true supporters. But he was initially laughed at in 2015 as well. MAGA now controls the party and will continue to until someone takes him head on and wins.
I guess we will see. :thumb:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:24 am
kalm wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:19 am

FWIW…Rick’s predictions along with the usual tasty snark. Wilson knows the GOP….

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:00 am

FWIW…Rick’s predictions along with the usual tasty snark. Wilson knows the GOP….

:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Is that the guy who headed up that pedo group the Lincoln project? I bet he knows little boys and girls, too.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:02 pm

Is that the guy who headed up that pedo group the Lincoln project? I bet he knows little boys and girls, too.
Like tits on a bull.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Is O'Dea wrong?

must be because we have MTG, Boebert, and maybe even Herschel Walker on the bench waiting. Thats some big time depth we got right there
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky