AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:23 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:54 am

Spare us the histrionics, there was never any doubt that he was going to run again. :roll:
If only Trump would just refuse to cooperate with the deep states dastardly plans.
We all know he doesn’t have that kind of self control. :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:25 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:54 am

Spare us the histrionics, there was never any doubt that he was going to run again. :roll:
Wasn’t there? :coffee:
not for a nanosecond, easiest money he ever made. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:52 pm Poll: Mar-a-Lago search boosts Trump among GOP, but may damage him with most voters
According to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll, a majority of Republicans and GOP-leaning independents now prefer Trump (54%) over “someone else” (34%) for the 2024 nomination. Right before the Mar-a-Lago search, those numbers were 47% and 38%, respectively.
Yet at the same time, a full 56% of Americans say Trump should not be “allowed to serve as president again in the future” if he is “found guilty of mishandling highly classified documents” — which is precisely what the FBI is investigating him for. Only 26% say he should be permitted to assume the presidency again in that scenario.

The survey of 1,563 U.S. adults, which was conducted from Aug. 18 to 22, underscores both the political risks and rewards of the Mar-a-Lago situation for Trump. On the one hand, Republicans seem to be rallying around him in response to the search, bolstering his chances of facing off against President Biden again in 2024. On the other hand, a clear majority of Americans view mishandling highly classified documents as a disqualifying offense.

The question that could determine Trump’s political future is what kind of proof emerges in the weeks and months ahead.
What republicans think is a given, what matters is what independents and women think. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:38 am
What republicans think is a given, what matters is what independents and women think. :coffee:
You mean what just independents think. Women aren’t a political party.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:20 am
Neither are independents. :D

And while the article indicates that more Republicans are in trump's camp then there were before the peaceful visit from the FBI that the majority of Americans are not ...
Yet at the same time, a full 56% of Americans say Trump should not be “allowed to serve as president again in the future” if he is “found guilty of mishandling highly classified documents” — which is precisely what the FBI is investigating him for. Only 26% say he should be permitted to assume the presidency again in that scenario.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Never said they were.

What they are is highly pissed off, as revealed by almost a million (922,000) people turning out in Kansas to put the smackdown on the proposed amendment to the State's constitution regarding abortion. By almost 20 points. The turnout was twice the size of the Presidential primaries and included 48% of registered voters.

:coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

What does this even mean? Latinos aren’t a political party either.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:26 am
What does this even mean? Latinos aren’t a political party either.
Don't ruin his fun while he's owning the libs....
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:31 am

And while the article indicates that more Republicans are in trump's camp then there were before the peaceful visit from the FBI that the majority of Americans are not ...
The key thing is ‘IF he found guilty of mishandling highly classified documents” which I doubt he will be.

His spat with the librarian won’t be resolved for 2-3 years..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:12 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:31 am

The key thing is ‘IF he found guilty of mishandling highly classified documents” which I doubt he will be.

Is it just about mishandling classified documents or is it about compromising national security?

If he risked compromising national security then he isn't fit to be POTUS.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:47 am
Never said they were.

What they are is highly pissed off, as revealed by almost a million (922,000) people turning out in Kansas to put the smackdown on the proposed amendment to the State's constitution regarding abortion. By almost 20 points. The turnout was twice the size of the Presidential primaries and included 48% of registered voters.

:coffee:
Kansas was a confusing amendment question & the donks won the messaging battle claiming that a yes vote was a vote to ban all abortions statewide (that was completely false- it was just a vote to say there wasn’t a state constitutional right to abortion, which would have left it up to the atate legislature & gov).

But the other abortion extreme, the donks official abortion platform- abortion on demand with no restrictions right up until the 9th month, isn’t a winner with the majority of the electorate either. And any conk candidate worth his salt will be asking his opponent during their debates whether he supports that.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:26 pm

Is it just about mishandling classified documents or is it about compromising national security?

How exactly did he compromise national security?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:48 pm

Keeping them in an unsecured location at Mar a Lago. Traveling with classified docs all over the world including potentially hostile countries.

* Alleged but violations of the espionage act are included in the warrant.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

:suspicious: By taking documents with sensitive information about sources and methods to MAL ...
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:29 pm
Keeping them in an unsecured location at Mar a Lago. Traveling with classified docs all over the world including potentially hostile countries.

Not arguing anything here - has he left the country, let alone to hostile countries, since he left office and packed all these papers into boxes he took to Florida? Honest question, I try to avoid Trump stories most of the time anyway so I would've likely missed travel stories of him since January 2021.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:36 pm

Not arguing anything here - has he left the country, let alone to hostile countries, since he left office and packed all these papers into boxes he took to Florida? Honest question, I try to avoid Trump stories most of the time anyway so I would've likely missed travel stories of him since January 2021.
I don't think he's left the country since he lost.

The bigger questions are: Who has been to MAL? What did they have access to while there?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Da fuq. :suspicious: Has Trump left the country since he got out of office?
Unsecured location? They put a 2nd lock on that storage room.
And I wouldn’t call anywhere in the Trump residency at MAL an unsecure location. Probably one of the most secure reaidences in the country.
And Trump claims he declassified those docs were declassified before he left office. Even left leaning Politifact claims that he has real time declassification authority.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ything-an/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:56 pm

And I wouldn’t call anywhere in the Trump residency at MAL an unsecure location. Probably one of the most secure reaidences in the country.
And Trump claims he declassified those docs were declassified before he left office. Even left leaning Politifact claims that he has real time declassification authority.
Can a declassified document be released to anyone as soon as it's declassified? Or do names and procedures need to be redacted before it is ready for release?

A 2nd lock? :rofl:

MAL might be very secure but could any of the visitors to MAL been in a position to peak at any of the documents? Did all of those visitors have clearance to view the unredacted but supposedly declassified documents?

Could trump have put US agents, and informants at risk? Exposed US operating procedures to people who might pass the information on to hostile parties?

A true American patriot doesn't take those documents to MAL.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:14 pm
Can a declassified document be released to anyone as soon as it's declassified? Or do names and procedures need to be redacted before it is ready for release?

MAL might be very secure but could any of the visitors to MAL been in a position to peak at any of the documents? Did all of those visitors have clearance to view the unredacted but supposedly declassified documents?

Could trump have put US agents, and informants at risk? Exposed US operating procedures to people who might pass the information on to hostile parties?

I thought it had been reported he had a SCIF facility at Mar a Lago?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:20 pm

He also reportedly took top secret documents to the White House residence.

Do you really believe that he kept all critical documents locked in a SCIF facility at MAL?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Read more…do better. :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Did you learn nothing from Russia collusion and Ukraine impeachment? This whole "secret documents" thing is simply to try and damage him, those he's endorsed and to also try and keep any of his documents from being used in his RICO case he currently has against Hillary and multiple FBI agents, which is based out of Florida, not DC.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Well we’ll find some answers to your questions over the next couple of years..
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Now do Obama and his 33,000 documents.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:00 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:20 pm

He also reportedly took top secret documents to the White House residence.

Do you really believe that he kept all critical documents locked in a SCIF facility at MAL?
Yeah. I’m sure he’s the first president to do THAT, too. Let’s fucking hang him. :lol: