SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:00 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:22 pm DeSantis/Noem.

Yeah, that's the ticket!
Would LOVE that ticket. I’ll apply to be Noem’s personal assistant. 8-) 8-) 8-)
No shit. So glad she carries herself well, and isn't just a pretty face.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Yeah, that's the ticket!
That's the Palin Kiss of Death. :kisswink:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Yeah, that's the ticket!
Two huge Trump loyalists. Neither very smart. Ted Cruz with less punchable faces.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Yeah, that's the ticket!
Two huge Trump loyalists. Neither very smart. Ted Cruz with less punchable faces.
:lol: Not very smart. As opposed to which democratic genius you put up? DeSantis would tear you a new one like Idaho through the EWU defense.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:51 pm

That's the Palin Kiss of Death. :kisswink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yeah, that's the ticket!
They would run circles around the plagerizer in chief and Blowme Harris.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:27 pm
It will be a historic all female Democratic ticket in 2024 - Harris & Duckworth. You heard it here first (unless it doesn't happen and then I didn't proclaim it) ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:39 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:27 pm

It will be a historic all female Democratic ticket in 2024 - Harris & Duckworth. You heard it here first (unless it doesn't happen and then I didn't proclaim it) ;)
Duckworth seems reasonable and earnest. Your thoughts? (more as a person than a presidential candidate).
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:27 pm

Duckworth seems reasonable and earnest. Your thoughts? (more as a person than a presidential candidate).
Man, she checks a lot of boxes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
She is the first Thai American woman elected to Congress, the first person born in Thailand elected to Congress, the first woman with a disability elected to Congress, the first female double amputee in the Senate, and the first senator to give birth while in office.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

From what I know about her, I would agree with that assessment. She's a D that I would consider voting for.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

I step up and say it. Duckworth is an idiot. If she would step out from her handlers and show us who she truly is, I could back her, but her bullshit veneer is fraught with donor money right now.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Yeah, that's the ticket!
The Tinfoil Ticket!
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:41 am

Yeah, that's the ticket!
The Tinfoil Ticket!
Of course, the liberal tropes will never go away. I also would expect DeSantis to be labeled stupid and racist, while attacking Noem with sexist attacks.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

It won't be Kristi Noem. There's dirt on her, like using the state owned airplane for personal trips. People in SD don't care but it won't play well on national news.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:39 am It won't be Kristi Noem. There's dirt on her, like using the state owned airplane for personal trips. People in SD don't care but it won't play well on national news.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Is THAT really enough these days? Honestly....
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:25 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:21 am

I hope she is. But I also don’t believe it’ll happen.
Her flip flopping on support for Trump shows that her character and integrity is similar to other politicians and former NYC property developers.

I would like to see someone who appears to have more character and spine. Someone like Sasse but the MAGAts would never go for him.
I used to like her and only slightly leaning away from voting for her (based on the last year) if she was on the ticket right now. Between her flip-flopping on other issues (not Trump) and her stances that align with large donor money contributions I am questioning her integrity.

For me the jury is still deliberating on Sasse. I don't trust any politician.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:39 am It won't be Kristi Noem. There's dirt on her, like using the state owned airplane for personal trips. People in SD don't care but it won't play well on national news.
She also has the ongoing flap with the local tribes that can easily be spun to paint her in a bad light.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:46 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:55 am
We can post articles and speeches of every politician, including Trump, back pedaling or flip-flopping or whatever you want to call it. What's your point?
AZ already asked me what my point was, and I replied. Try to keep up.
https://www.championshipsubdivision.com ... 5#p1353385
You didn't answer my answer. Every politician flip-flops. What makes Haley different?

I suspect it has to do with she's moving on from Trump and the MAGAt crowd can't handle someone having an thought other than, " Trump is great!" MAGA has shown it doesn't tolerate anyone not towing the company line and ANYBODY that exercises any intellectual independence is a RINO, outcast, vilified, etc...
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Pssh. That's nothing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:25 am

Her flip flopping on support for Trump shows that her character and integrity is similar to other politicians and former NYC property developers.

I would like to see someone who appears to have more character and spine. Someone like Sasse but the MAGAts would never go for him.
I used to like her and only slightly leaning away from voting for her (based on the last year) if she was on the ticket right now. Between her flip-flopping on other issues (not Trump) and her stances that align with large donor money contributions I am questioning her integrity.

That’s where I’m at. :nod:

I value integrity more than ideology. The problem is the system has cancelled integrity. It rewards corruption, glad handing, and established power. Hypocrisy and ideas no longer matter. Only the game.

It’s how illiberal cunts like Hillary win nominations for the supposedly “liberal” party. Or why Cuomo will get a pass despite the nursing home scandal and is paying more of a price for boorish behavior at parties. Or why DeSantis and Noem are the hot item in the primary thread. Or why Lindsey Graham will re-elected.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:47 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:46 pm
AZ already asked me what my point was, and I replied. Try to keep up.
https://www.championshipsubdivision.com ... 5#p1353385
You didn't answer my answer. Every politician flip-flops. What makes Haley different?

I suspect it has to do with she's moving on from Trump and the MAGAt crowd can't handle someone having an thought other than, " Trump is great!" MAGA has shown it doesn't tolerate anyone not towing the company line and ANYBODY that exercises any intellectual independence is a RINO, outcast, vilified, etc...
For me it’s the opposite. It took her what? One week to go back and try and kiss the ring?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:56 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 am

I value integrity more than ideology. The problem is the system has cancelled integrity. It rewards corruption, glad handing, and established power. Hypocrisy and ideas no longer matter. Only the game.

It’s how illiberal cunts like Hillary win nominations for the supposedly “liberal” party. Or why Cuomo will get a pass despite the nursing home scandal and is paying more of a price for boorish behavior at parties. Or why DeSantis and Noem are the hot item in the primary thread. Or why Lindsey Graham will re-elected.
See?

MORE areas of agreement. :nod: :nod: :nod: :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:58 am

For me it’s the opposite. It took her what? One week to go back and try and kiss the ring?
I'm just curious. Politicians are always going to pander, flip-flop, etc... Look at Lindsey Graham - he's been in politics over 20 years and has been on every side of an issue. He's gone back on his word to limit himself to terms (that was like 3 elections ago). Look at what he said about Trump...now he's attached at the hip. Same with Cruz. Cruz' family was personally attacked. His wife was essentially called ugly...and yet Cruz flips and sucks off The Don b/c it's politically smart for him.

So for flip flops and going back on your word...it means jack shit. They all do, they all do it quicker than some and the cultists from both sides don't really care. What's changed...? The GOP now has it's lord and savior and can't stomach the idea of someone not engaging in group think. :twocents:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:58 am

Everybody changes their mind it is how they change their mind that is the question.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 am
kalm wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:56 am

See?

MORE areas of agreement. :nod: :nod: :nod: :thumb:
:lol: Agree, 100%. Haley could get my vote - not sure about anyone else. Honestly - not sure why I would give any career politician my vote. They're part of the problem.
Spoiler: show
I've been bemoaning the loss of integrity on here and have been getting chided for it. Is integrity now en vogue?