2024 Primary

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:07 am Desantis unloads on Soros Manhattan DA Bragg.
Is there evidence of a Soros connection?

And the same people bitching about a alleged weaponization of the justice system are quick to weaponize a state government for their own benefit.

Also the IRS...allegedly.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:20 pm
Could have been someone who 2016 wasn’t a supporter of Trump or Clinton and 2020 wasn’t a supporter of Trump or Biden, so they ignored personality & character, and voted on policy.

I’m sure we have (or had since not many people left on here) posters who don’t conisder themselves Trump supporters, but who voted for him 2016 & 2020.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:31 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:07 am Desantis unloads on Soros Manhattan DA Bragg.

And the same people bitching about a alleged weaponization of the justice system are quick to weaponize a state government for their own benefit.

Soros also donated $1 million to Alvin Bragg’s successful DA campaign in Manhattan, funneling the cash through the Color of Change political action committee, according to public filings.
https://nypost.com/2021/12/16/how-georg ... ime-surge/
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:20 pm

Soros also donated $1 million to Alvin Bragg’s successful DA campaign in Manhattan, funneling the cash through the Color of Change political action committee, according to public filings.
https://nypost.com/2021/12/16/how-georg ... ime-surge/
Oh a campaign donation. Who cares? Shady and crappy people donate large sums of money to Rs and Da.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:17 pm
Could have been someone who 2016 wasn’t a supporter of Trump or Clinton and 2020 wasn’t a supporter of Trump or Biden, so they ignored personality & character, and voted on policy.

I’m sure we have (or had since not many people left on here) posters who don’t conisder themselves Trump supporters, but who voted for him 2016 & 2020.
Even his RINO champions don’t fall for that nonsense

We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn’t really an upside to Trump.” - Tucker Carlson
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:11 pm
Oh a campaign donation. Who cares? Shady and crappy people donate large sums of money to Rs and Da.
I think the issue is that Soros targets DA campaigns specifically...but, that doesn't appear to be against the law or preventing an "antiSoros" from donating to a competitor.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:15 pm

We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn’t really an upside to Trump.” - Tucker Carlson
Ok. You voted for Biden. That makes you a Biden supporter.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

That’s kind of the point of the tweet.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:48 pm

Not really. I voted for someone that had no chance at winning my district or my state. I voted for one mentally deficit old man over another.

Actually - i'm planning on voting for Nikki Haley if she makes it to the S.Carolina primary. As it stands right now my 2024 options are either 1) a decent Republican or; 2) No Vote
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 am
Not really. I voted for someone that had no chance at winning my district or my state. I voted for one mentally deficit old man over another.

Actually - i'm planning on voting for Nikki Haley if she makes it to the S.Carolina primary. As it stands right now my 2024 options are either 1) a decent Republican or; 2) No Vote
Well at least Haley isn’t the biggest neocon running. That would be Michael Bolton. You might have a couple other options:
and what is Aleppo?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:12 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 am

Well at least Haley isn’t the biggest neocon running. That would be Michael Bolton. You might have a couple other options:
and what is Aleppo?
Vermin Supreme is a fascinating and intelligent wizard.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:30 am
Wizard's second rule: The greatest harm can result from the best of intentions - Terry Goodkind

Vermin Supreme is like all wizards, his mind is off in a reality of his own making.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:56 am
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:30 am
Wizard's second rule: The greatest harm can result from the best of intentions - Terry Goodkind

Vermin Supreme is like all wizards, his mind is off in a reality of his own making.
Not to get all philosophical on ya, but aren’t most if not all human minds?

:)

(Careful kalm…you’re talking to an engineer).

;)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:07 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:56 am

;)
Even among us wizards, Vermin is off in his own world. :D

In all seriousness, he is interesting in the old crazy guy yelling at the clouds sort of way. Outside of that, he doesn't want nor intend to be serious about what most consider a serious topic (running a country, state, township, etc.). He wants to draw attention to a particular philosophy or himself, hence the boot on his head, and chooses to do it with humor. The problem is, he doesn't desire to go further than that and his brand of "humor" is now more a detriment than a help.

I find him as funny as Gretta Thunberg being awarded a Doctor of Theology from the University of Helsinki (which I find hilarious). But I don't take either serious.

BTW: Human minds come in all different packages. Some have been through the USPS and others by UPS, which means the condition will vary. :kisswink:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Nobody voted for Biden - they voted against Trump. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:25 am
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:07 am

;)
Even among us wizards, Vermin is off in his own world. :D

In all seriousness, he is interesting in the old crazy guy yelling at the clouds sort of way. Outside of that, he doesn't want nor intend to be serious about what most consider a serious topic (running a country, state, township, etc.). He wants to draw attention to a particular philosophy or himself, hence the boot on his head, and chooses to do it with humor. The problem is, he doesn't desire to go further than that and his brand of "humor" is now more a detriment than a help.

I find him as funny as Gretta Thunberg being awarded a Doctor of Theology from the University of Helsinki (which I find hilarious). But I don't take either serious.

BTW: Human minds come in all different packages. Some have been through the USPS and others by UPS, which means the condition will vary. :kisswink:
loosen up, kid...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: 2024 Primaries

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:56 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:40 pm

I think McCormick probably does win, just a better candidate. And the ballots didn't have anything to do with the fact that the real thing that hurt Oz, other than his attachment to Trump and other than the abominable candidate running for governor, was that he didn't make Fetterman's health and resistance to debate a bigger issue soon enough.

Other than that, though, making things easier for people to vote (i.e. no excuse mail in voting) is never a bad thing, assuming they are controlled and counted properly. We want people to vote, and we want more people to vote. Trying to get less people to vote is not really a good goal to have.
I believe it makes fraud easier or more likely than in person. I know this has already been beaten to death on here, but I don't believe there's any valid reason you can't have absentee limited to excuse (out of town during election day/week, infirm, the military, etc) and everyone else vote in person (make a national holiday, have the polls open for several days), with voter ID. Heck, apparently 46 of 47 European countries require voter ID, about 3/4 don't even allow absentee, and the majority that allow absentee require voter ID for absentee. And they are suppose to be more enlightened than us..
There is no more fraud with mail-in ballots than in-person voting. Decades of experience in Red and Blue states show that. No Valid reason? How about work, family, more time to study a ballot and all the propositions, judges, etc.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:52 pm
I believe it makes fraud easier or more likely than in person. I know this has already been beaten to death on here, but I don't believe there's any valid reason you can't have absentee limited to excuse (out of town during election day/week, infirm, the military, etc) and everyone else vote in person (make a national holiday, have the polls open for several days), with voter ID. Heck, apparently 46 of 47 European countries require voter ID, about 3/4 don't even allow absentee, and the majority that allow absentee require voter ID for absentee. And they are suppose to be more enlightened than us..
I can get behind that. And yes, fraud is easier without the in person vote. I don't think that's arguable. Good stuff.
It's very arguable. In fact, you'd lose. The facts show that.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:41 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:24 am

I’m not a Democrat. But yes they are conniving and corrupt. I didn’t know they’ve given up on Democracy or desire an authoritarian though.

Good stuff! :)
Democrats haven't given up on Democracy, they've given up on the Republic. The US is a Republic and the Senate, Electoral College, etc. are key elements that Democrats are attempting to undermine.

It will take an authoritarian government to force the America they want upon everyone else. Ever if it didn't, the big, uber-powerful federal government that Democrats desire will end up being authoritarian.
The Electoral College is an outdated vestige of slavery. The Republicans in 90% of elections can't win the popular vote.

How are the Democrats trying to undermine the Senate?

The GOP has undermined the House and state governments with extreme gerrymandering.

The GOP is 3/4 of the way to the authoritarian government already
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

There is none Soros has been the anti-semitic boogeyman for the GOP for decades. Yet they ignore all the billionaires (like Peter Thiel) that buy Senate Seats for themselves (via puppets like JD Vance)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:34 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:52 pm

I can get behind that. And yes, fraud is easier without the in person vote. I don't think that's arguable. Good stuff.
Would you care to show facts, or would you like us to believe a house that gets 20 mail in ballots due to outdated voter rolls commits less fraud than people actually showing up and providing ID to vote.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:33 pm
There is no more fraud with mail-in ballots than in-person voting. Decades of experience in Red and Blue states show that. No Valid reason? How about work, family, more time to study a ballot and all the propositions, judges, etc.
And you provide zero evidence of your claim.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:53 pm
dbackjon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:34 pm

Would you care to show facts, or would you like us to believe a house that gets 20 mail in ballots due to outdated voter rolls commits less fraud than people actually showing up and providing ID to vote.
Ditto. Beat me to it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

dbackjon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:39 pm

There is none Soros has been the anti-semitic boogeyman for the GOP for decades. Yet they ignore all the billionaires (like Peter Thiel) that buy Senate Seats for themselves (via puppets like JD Vance)
:nod:

But it’s nice to see all of the GOP received the same talking points on this.

Jordan thinks congress has jurisdiction over a state court case and Rand Paul tweeted that Bragg should be jailed.

Lol.