Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:21 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:46 am

She was on Tucker last night and he was ripping into her. I flipped on in the middle of it and didn't quite follow why he was upset but my first thought was they are trying to tear her down before she gains any steam.
Tell the little sissy bitch frat boy to save his outrage for something big. I don't think we're out of the woods yet on Biden showing up to a press conference in a tan suit. :coffee:
Leisure suit Larry comes to mind.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:32 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:21 am

Tell the little sissy bitch frat boy to save his outrage for something big. I don't think we're out of the woods yet on Biden showing up to a press conference in a tan suit. :coffee:
powder blue...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:37 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:32 am

powder blue...
Hillary Clinton pant suit.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

This weekend’s CPAC straw poll:
Without Trump on ballot:
DeSantis 68%
Pompeo 5%.
Donald Trump Jr. 4%
Ted Cruz 4%,
Kristi Noem 3%.

No one else topped 2%.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... straw-poll
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:45 pm This weekend’s CPAC straw poll:
Without Trump on ballot:
DeSantis 68%
Pompeo 5%.
Donald Trump Jr. 4%
Ted Cruz 4%,
Kristi Noem 3%.

No one else topped 2%.

I wonder how that compares to other candidates at various points in the cycle (as the campaign appears to be starting earlier each time)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:23 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:45 pm This weekend’s CPAC straw poll:
Without Trump on ballot:
DeSantis 68%
Pompeo 5%.
Donald Trump Jr. 4%
Ted Cruz 4%,
Kristi Noem 3%.

No one else topped 2%.

I wonder how that compares to other candidates at various points in the cycle (as the campaigning never seems to stop)
FIFY. :ohno: :ohno:

And if there is a GOD, Trump will be smart enough not to run and let Desantis crush the competition.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:41 pm

I wonder how that compares to other candidates at various points in the cycle (as the campaigning never seems to stop)

And if there is a GOD, Trump will be smart enough not to run and let Desantis crush the competition.
Trump will run unless he has health problems or is in prison. I think he will definitely run if he’s not in prison but has legal issues. If he doesn’t run, he will chose who does. DeSantis isn’t a lock to win anything. He also will have to at least pay lip service allegiance to Trump.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Seriously - MAGA world is going to hate Trump's fucking guts in about 4 years from now. He'll have to move to Slovenia
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Seriously - MAGA world is going to hate Trump's fucking guts in about 4 years from now. He'll have to move to Slovenia
Why?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:47 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Why?
Because if he runs, he will tank any GOP opportunity to take the White House in 2024. The MAGAites are no different from the hardcore progressives who once worshipped Obama but now rebuke nearly everything he stood for. Mark it down. Trump will not be popular with the populist right in just a few years - the only thing left of his support will be the hardcore pizza joint child rape Q-Anon folks and they aren't nearly numerous enough to make a base.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:50 pm

Trump will run unless he has health problems or is in prison. I think he will definitely run if he’s not in prison but has legal issues. If he doesn’t run, he will chose who does. DeSantis isn’t a lock to win anything. He also will have to at least pay lip service allegiance to Trump.
Desantis already does that. And CID is right, hopefully. People will wake up.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:56 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:50 pm
DeSantis needs 2 things: Trump not to run and Trump not to get jealous of his popularity and lash out at him.

Can Trump set aside his own ego and do what is right for the party?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:53 pm

Why?
Because if he runs, he will tank any GOP opportunity to take the White House in 2024. The MAGAites are no different from the hardcore progressives who once worshipped Obama but now rebuke nearly everything he stood for. Mark it down. Trump will not be popular with the populist right in just a few years - the only thing left of his support will be the hardcore pizza joint child rape Q-Anon folks and they aren't nearly numerous enough to make a base.
I hope you’re right and I think there’s a chance they will slowly, quietly go away. But the mythology is strong and the denial persistent. Takes some time I guess.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:06 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:56 pm

DeSantis needs 2 things: Trump not to run and Trump not to get jealous of his popularity and lash out at him.

Can Trump set aside his own ego and do what is right for the party?
:rofl:

Which makes the timing of CID’s prediction pretty damn relevant. They need him to go away.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:53 pm

Why?
You said 5/24 on the MAGA thread when asked if you thought Trump would beat Harris 24’:
CID1990 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:01 pm Yes, 88 - I do

It would be close though ...

Therein lies the danger for both parties -

DeSantis or Hogan would landslide Harris. It would be quite ugly

Trump would scrape past her and then we’d get tied up in the Felchyfetty Russian Collusion Thread Part II

But Trump running again would in fact be a risk - heis the only one that Harris would get close to in the general election. Anu other candidate would clean her clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So by saying that Trump would sink the GOP’s chances of winning the WH in 24’ you’re saying you don’t think the donk candidate will be Harris?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Just imagine, we could have 3 straight elections of the best candidates ever:
Trump/Clinton
Trump/Biden
Trump/Harris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:38 pm Just imagine, we could have 3 straight elections of the best candidates ever:
Trump/Clinton
Trump/Biden
Trump/Harris
Are you going to tell us which elections those are?

You listed Awful, Bad and Terrible.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:53 pm Because if he runs, he will tank any GOP opportunity to take the White House in 2024. The MAGAites are no different from the hardcore progressives who once worshipped Obama but now rebuke nearly everything he stood for. Mark it down. Trump will not be popular with the populist right in just a few years - the only thing left of his support will be the hardcore pizza joint child rape Q-Anon folks and they aren't nearly numerous enough to make a base.
You said 5/24 on the MAGA thread when asked if you thought Trump would beat Harris 24’:
CID1990 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:01 pm Yes, 88 - I do

It would be close though ...

Therein lies the danger for both parties -

DeSantis or Hogan would landslide Harris. It would be quite ugly

Trump would scrape past her and then we’d get tied up in the Felchyfetty Russian Collusion Thread Part II

But Trump running again would in fact be a risk - heis the only one that Harris would get close to in the general election. Anu other candidate would clean her clock

So by saying that Trump would sink the GOP’s chances of winning the WH in 24’ you’re saying you don’t think the donk candidate will be Harris?
No, I don’t. I was using her as a benchmark in that thread.

For each day that passes she further tanks her chances at the nomination because her lack of competence becomes obvious to anyone who might not have been previously aware of it. At this point the only demographic she can carry is black females and that isn’t enough.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:36 am
BDKJMU wrote: You said 5/24 on the MAGA thread when asked if you thought Trump would beat Harris 24’:

For each day that passes she further tanks her chances at the nomination because her lack of competence becomes obvious to anyone who might not have been previously aware of it. At this point the only demographic she can carry is black females and that isn’t enough.

She might get some of the uptight woke whites that will vote for her b/c "It's about time we had a woman and/or black woman as POTUS" and NOT because of her capabilities or achievements.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: You said 5/24 on the MAGA thread when asked if you thought Trump would beat Harris 24’:

You have way more faith than I do that people actually CARE what her competence level is...she has a "D" behind her name and will have four years (presumably) as VP. That's all 48% of the voting populace needs to see.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:45 am

You have way more faith than I do that people actually CARE what her competence level is...she has a "D" behind her name and will have four years (presumably) as VP. That's all 48% of the voting populace needs to see.
She’s phony and unlikeable in a politician sort of way. Same reason Hillary lost...twice.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:45 am

Yup, and sadly that's all that matters to some - people will either vote for or against her purely on the "D" behind her name. She could have balanced the budget, made abortion illegal, is giving every American their own Howitzer and she still wouldn't get a single Republican vote.

Same goes for any Republican. He can hit all the Progressive erogenous zones and still wouldn't get their vote.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Noem taking a shot at Desantis?
“Let’s talk about rewriting history. We’ve got Republican Governors across this country pretending they didn’t shut down their states, that they didn’t close their beaches, that they didn’t mandate masks, that they didn’t issue shelter-in-places,”
https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/11/kris ... d-19-2024/

Now CNN changed the translation (and didn’t include it in entirety:
"We've got Republican governors across this country pretending they didn't shut down their states; that they didn't close their regions; that they didn't mandate masks,"
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/11/politics ... index.html

I heard the audio, she clearly said beaches, which means she could only be referring to Desantis. Now why would FAKE NEWS CNN lie and change ‘beaches’ to ‘regions’, which other MSM outlets ran with?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:00 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:22 pm DeSantis/Noem.

Yeah, that's the ticket!
Would LOVE that ticket. I’ll apply to be Noem’s personal assistant. 8-) 8-) 8-)
That would be a good gig for you - Chief of Queef
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:49 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:27 pm

Duckworth seems reasonable and earnest. Your thoughts? (more as a person than a presidential candidate).
I step up and say it. Duckworth is an idiot. If she would step out from her handlers and show us who she truly is, I could back her, but her bullshit veneer is fraught with donor money right now.
You don't like her because her balls are much bigger than yours. :coffee: