2024 Primary

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by UNI88 »

Whose poor dog has to sniff Houndy's contribution to the thread ...

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:46 pm Whose poor dog has to sniff Houndy's contribution to the thread ...

You are giving Houndy way too much credit with that post. It is less like cowpies and more like rabbit droppings.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:27 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:06 pm

It’s a clown car act show in that fucked up state.
Its filling up with white people from CA who don't want to live near brown people.
But then they’re going to discover that Cali libs are also moving in (see Couer d’ Arlene and Sandpoint) which they may hate even more.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:27 pm

Its filling up with white people from CA who don't want to live near brown people.
But then they’re going to discover that Cali libs are also moving in (see Couer d’ Arlene and Sandpoint) which they may hate even more.
Yep. They’re californicating Idaho and Montana.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 pm

Yep. They’re californicating Idaho and Montana.
They all came from somewhere else to fuck up CA first, now they want to go back where they came from, can't wait to see the outrage as the elections begin to acquire the faintest tint of blue. :mrgreen:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:46 pm
Hell, if Trump could have just stuck to the narrative of accomplishments during the “debates” he may have actually won in 2020. Let’s hope the party is smart enough to not repeat those mistakes. Continuing to scream “the election was stolen!” Smacks of poor losers without an actual agenda to fix America.
Putin said it was the best blowjob he's ever had. I don't know if thats true, but many people are saying..
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:08 pm
It’s the right message and I guess it all depends on whether Trump will at some point gracefully back down and not try and influence the party.
I'll bet some whisky that it doesn't happen - that would solidify his image as the loser he is and there is no way he can tolerate that
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:12 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:46 pm Whose poor dog has to sniff Houndy's contribution to the thread ...

You are giving Houndy way too much credit with that post. It is less like cowpies and more like rabbit droppings.
More Houndawg envy. Typical right wing attack on the educated. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:54 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:50 pm

And the irony is if he’d put down the phone and been a decent human, I believe he’d go down as one of the great ones with the stuff he accomplished.

Alas, we’ll never know.
You could be right. It's the image stuff that hurts him, not the actual results.
Thats one of the head-scratchers for me - How can a guy whose every waking moment is focused on the importance of not looking like a loser go to Helsinki and let the head of a third-world country dog walk him around the stage in the exact fashion he dogwalked Chris Christie out on to the stage after winning the primary? I bet that what ever the kompromat is it's more than a pee tape. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Don't think we have a 2021 election year thread. The race for Governor in VA has been quite entertaining. I think McAuliffe will end up winning, but he really shouldn't. He's using the Martin O'Malley playbook and hoping if he says Trump enough, he can beat Youngkin. That was how O'Malley beat a popular incumbent years ago, when his only talking point was a jingle: Ehrlich Bush, Ehrlich Bush, Ehrlich Bush.... it was definitely a Pee Wee Herman approach that unfortunately worked.

I'm guessing Trip may be the only other poster that might remember McAuliffe when he'd do his weekly call-in on the local news radio show, WTOP. He was so damn arrogant, he made Trump look magnanimous. Anyone who's paid attention, know this is how he really is with everyone...

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:49 am Don't think we have a 2021 election year thread. The race for Governor in VA has been quite entertaining. I think McAuliffe will end up winning, but he really shouldn't. He's using the Martin O'Malley playbook and hoping if he says Trump enough, he can beat Youngkin. That was how O'Malley beat a popular incumbent years ago, when his only talking point was a jingle: Ehrlich Bush, Ehrlich Bush, Ehrlich Bush.... it was definitely a Pee Wee Herman approach that unfortunately worked.

I'm guessing Trip may be the only other poster that might remember McAuliffe when he'd do his weekly call-in on the local news radio show, WTOP. He was so damn arrogant, he made Trump look magnanimous. Anyone who's paid attention, know this is how he really is with everyone...

McCaullife is a total fuck stick. :nod:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:57 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:49 am Don't think we have a 2021 election year thread. The race for Governor in VA has been quite entertaining. I think McAuliffe will end up winning, but he really shouldn't. He's using the Martin O'Malley playbook and hoping if he says Trump enough, he can beat Youngkin. That was how O'Malley beat a popular incumbent years ago, when his only talking point was a jingle: Ehrlich Bush, Ehrlich Bush, Ehrlich Bush.... it was definitely a Pee Wee Herman approach that unfortunately worked.

Indeed. When you make a Mt Rushmore of people who have corrupted and soiled the political process in this country, McCaullife is certainly in very strong contention for a spot there. Given his incestuous ties with the Clintons, I wouldn't be surprised if JSO was on this guys staff.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

VA is one of the bluest states in the country. Only 10 meet the following:
-Voted donk for POTUS (VA by 10 points).
-Donk gov.
-Both houses state legislature donk controlled.
-Both senators donk.

If McCauliff wins by anything less than 10 points to a guy no one outside of VA has heard of, that would be bad news for the donks as far as 2022. If this Youngkin guy was the win, that would be a sign of a massive red wave come Nov 2022 the likes of which we haven’t seen since 1994.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:31 am
kalm wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:57 am

Indeed. When you make a Mt Rushmore of people who have corrupted and soiled the political process in this country, McCaullife is certainly in very strong contention for a spot there. Given his incestuous ties with the Clintons, I wouldn't be surprised if JSO was on this guys staff.
:nod: He’s an EC(b) Newsome.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:02 am VA is one of the bluest states in the country. Only 10 meet the following:
-Donk gov.
-Both senators donk.

If McCauliff wins by anything less than 10 points to a guy no one outside of VA has heard of, that would be bad news for the donks as far as 2022. If this Youngkin guy was the win, that would be a sign of a massive red wave come Nov 2022 the likes of which we haven’t seen since 1994.
Vote establishment donk or Trump boot licker…

Tough call. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:08 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:02 am VA is one of the bluest states in the country. Only 10 meet the following:
-Donk gov.
-Both senators donk.

Vote establishment donk or Trump boot licker…

Tough call. :lol:
Where's the pee in the butt option? Or get drunk for the next 4 years.

Is there a Libertarian candidate for people with principles and a Don Quixote complex?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

More closer to 2022 midterm news (is there a thread for that?) But the Donks got busted with using their staffers to troll the Youngkin campaign in VA with a tiki torch stunt. Backfire alert. :rofl:

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:More closer to 2022 midterm news (is there a thread for that?) But the Donks got busted with using their staffers to troll the Youngkin campaign in VA with a tiki torch stunt. Backfire alert. :rofl:

They’re desperate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:49 pm
SDHornet wrote:More closer to 2022 midterm news (is there a thread for that?) But the Donks got busted with using their staffers to troll the Youngkin campaign in VA with a tiki torch stunt. Backfire alert. :rofl:

They’re desperate

Ruh roh. JSO's boys were behind it. :rofl:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

They’re desperate

Who’s “they”? The Lincoln Project?

I would say so. They woke up one morning to find their party sabotaged. They may be grifty, political ops and they find themselves shilling for someone like Terry McCauliff in a tightening race.

Those are fairly desperate circumstances.

Republicans should be fans of the Lincoln Party.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:36 am
They’re desperate

I would say so. They woke up one morning to find their party sabotaged. They may be grifty, political ops and they find themselves shilling for someone like Terry McCauliff in a tightening race.

The Party of Lincoln is currently gone. Neither the Lincoln Project nor Trump Republicans represent Lincoln. Liz Cheney is a neo-con. There aren't a lot of rational choices for conservatives. Liberals are in a similar situation.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:46 am

The Party of Lincoln is currently gone. Neither the Lincoln Project nor Trump Republicans represent Lincoln. Liz Cheney is a neo-con. There aren't a lot of rational choices for conservatives. Liberals are in a similar situation.
It’s systemic.

We need both parties to be healthy. I have issues with the LP just like I did with the blue dogs but they are at least more rational than what we have now.

(Excuse me while I go take a shower.)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:15 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:46 am
It’s systemic.

We need both parties to be healthy. I have issues with the LP just like I did with the blue dogs but they are at least more rational than what we have now.

Yes we do.

The LP is more rational than the MAGAts. Manchin, Sinema, etc. are more rational than the Progressive Caucus of the Democratic Party. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:18 am
kalm wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:15 am

It’s systemic.

Yes we do.

The LP is more rational than the MAGAts kind of like how Manchin, Sinema, etc. are more rational than the Progressive Caucus of the Democratic Party. :coffee:
How long have you been a member of the GoCorruption Party?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

They’re desperate

Awwwwwwww.....Lets have a moment of silence for the poor homeless Lincoln Pedo Project. :lol: