Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:46 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:58 am

:nod: The nomination is still a political lifetime away. I think the party is ready, and anxious, to dump the treasonous scumbag loser but it isn't clear that the base is ready to follow yet, or ever. Live synapses are at a premium among the base right now
This applies to both parties except the Democratic base is ready to follow. They just don't have a replacement they can get behind.
Who is the Dem base these days?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:46 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:58 am

:nod: The nomination is still a political lifetime away. I think the party is ready, and anxious, to dump the treasonous scumbag loser but it isn't clear that the base is ready to follow yet, or ever. Live synapses are at a premium among the base right now
This applies to both parties except the Democratic base is ready to follow. They just don't have a replacement they can get behind.
In that case they do what they can to make sure that Jabba is the nominee so they have somebody to vote against.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:39 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:11 am Official:
Trump
Haley

TBD:
-Desantis (he is a given).
-Pence
-Noem
-Pompeo
-Tim Scott (headed to Iowa this month)
Didn't John Bolton already declare too? :lol: :lol:
I'm only listing those that have at least a 1% chance of getting the conk nomination.. :lol: There might be a few other names outside those above 6 (Youngkin is one) , and Bolton ain't one of them.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Larry Hogan, former GOP Governor of Maryland is mulling a run
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump
Haley

TBD:
-Pence
-Noem
-Pompeo
Dark horse candidate that 99% of the country hasn't heard of: Francis Suarez
-45 years old
-Team Brown
-Conk mayor of a major city
-Good looking (no homo)
-Telegenic
-Well spoken.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:06 pm Larry Hogan, former GOP Governor of Maryland is mulling a run
Instant front-runner
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:06 pm Larry Hogan, former GOP Governor of Maryland is mulling a run
Would have close to zero % chance of winning the conk nomination (still better than Bolton's lol)..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:13 pm
Instant front-runner
:dunce: :lol: :rofl:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:13 pm
Trump
Haley

TBD:
-Pence
-Noem
-Pompeo
Dark horse candidate that 99% of the country hasn't heard of: Francis Suarez
-45 years old
-Team Brown
-Conk mayor of a major city
-Good looking (no homo)
-Telegenic
-Well spoken.
:thumb:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:15 pm
Would have close to zero % chance of winning the conk nomination (still better than Bolton's lol)..
I don't know, dude speaks in complete sentences and shit....true that won't help with the inbreeders from the base in a primary, but it could draw indepenents in a general. Even the conks were able to figure out that their lunatic fringe wackadoodles helped the donks in the last general election. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Amazing! California simply dropped it's Covid vaccine requirements for children. Magic!

Nevermind it would have been a huge hurdle for Gavin Newsome when trying to run for President, but it can't possibly that reason.

https://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/2023 ... hool-kids/
Now, with no announcement or explanation, the administration appears to be quietly dropping the COVID-19 immunization mandate altogether. The education news site EdSource reported Feb. 1 that the state would no longer pursue it, citing unnamed officials. When the Bay Area News Group asked whether the state was dropping plans for the mandate, the California Department of Public Health would not directly answer but did not dispute the EdSource report, noting that “emergency regulations are not being pursued.”
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:02 am Amazing! California simply dropped it's Covid vaccine requirements for children. Magic!

Nevermind it would have been a huge hurdle for Gavin Newsome when trying to run for President, but it can't possibly that reason.

https://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/2023 ... hool-kids/
Now, with no announcement or explanation, the administration appears to be quietly dropping the COVID-19 immunization mandate altogether. The education news site EdSource reported Feb. 1 that the state would no longer pursue it, citing unnamed officials. When the Bay Area News Group asked whether the state was dropping plans for the mandate, the California Department of Public Health would not directly answer but did not dispute the EdSource report, noting that “emergency regulations are not being pursued.”
Of course they did, its endemic now
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

In an ironic twist (which I don't see covered in a lot of US media outlets yet, but apparently the BBC is covering it), NYC is now shipping migrants to the Canadian border and helping them getting across so that they can claim asylum there, especially as NYC says they can't handle the numbers of migrants. Not sure how this is any different than Florida and Texas shipping migrants north to sanctuary cities like NYC, but I'm sure it's different somehow.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64489465
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:44 am In an ironic twist (which I don't see covered in a lot of US media outlets yet, but apparently the BBC is covering it), NYC is now shipping migrants to the Canadian border and helping them getting across so that they can claim asylum there, especially as NYC says they can't handle the numbers of migrants. Not sure how this is any different than Florida and Texas shipping migrants north to sanctuary cities like NYC, but I'm sure it's different somehow.

Perhaps kalm and Houndy can tell us how it's different (and not nearly as bad).
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:08 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:44 am In an ironic twist (which I don't see covered in a lot of US media outlets yet, but apparently the BBC is covering it), NYC is now shipping migrants to the Canadian border and helping them getting across so that they can claim asylum there, especially as NYC says they can't handle the numbers of migrants. Not sure how this is any different than Florida and Texas shipping migrants north to sanctuary cities like NYC, but I'm sure it's different somehow.

Sure, but you should at least try first. I won't always be here to help you through life you know
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:45 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:08 pm
Sure, but you should at least try first. I won't always be here to help you through life you know
Transportation from Florida and Texas are being carried out by Republican administrations while transportation from NYC is being carried out by a Democratic administration. That's the primary difference.

Not sure why the MSM isn't reporting on NYC's foray into shipping unwanted migrants somewhere else.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:14 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:45 pm

Transportation from Florida and Texas are being carried out by Republican administrations while transportation from NYC is being carried out by a Democratic administration. That's the primary difference.

Not sure why the MSM isn't reporting on NYC's foray into shipping unwanted migrants somewhere else.
Well there some additional differences but sure…I guess.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Shots fired!

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

That’s a load of BS. NYC must be floating in $$$, because they’re putting up illegals in multiple $400-$500 a night, 4 star hotels in Manhattan (the Watson, the Row, etc). Most Americans citizens have never stayed in $400-$500 a night hotels, and certainly not America’s citizen homeless. I bet NYC’s citizen & legal immigrant homeless have never gotten put up in 4 star hotels..Yet NYC has the $$ to put illegals in 4 star hotels..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:32 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:14 pm

I literally posted "Perhaps kalm and Houndy can tell us how it's different (and not nearly as bad)" but DeputyDawg said I should try first so I did.

Why don't you tell me the secondary differences or should I speculate?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:11 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:32 pm

I literally posted "Perhaps kalm and Houndy can tell us how it's different (and not nearly as bad)" but DeputyDawg said I should try first so I did.

International vs. domestic. Sounds like a loophole in Canada-US asylum treaties enabling them to get hearings from Canada. So yeah…it’s different right there for starters. I’m not saying better, nor do I think it’s the right thing to do until it gets worked out. Adams doesn’t appear to be all that great of a leader anyway.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:11 pm

International vs. domestic. Sounds like a loophole in Canada-US asylum treaties enabling them to get hearings from Canada. So yeah…it’s different right there for starters. I’m not saying better, nor do I think it’s the right thing to do until it gets worked out. Adams doesn’t appear to be all that great of a leader anyway.
Do those differences justify the MSM not reporting on NYC doing this after their outrage when Florida and Texas started doing it? Are they ignoring it because it isn't newsworthy or because they have an agenda and reporting on this doesn't fit that agenda? I know there are millions of Americans that think it's the second and in this instance their opinion is reasonable.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:22 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:08 pm

Do those differences justify the MSM not reporting on NYC doing this after their outrage when Florida and Texas started doing it? Are they ignoring it because it isn't newsworthy or because they have an agenda and reporting on this doesn't fit that agenda? I know there are millions of Americans that think it's the second and in this instance their opinion is reasonable.
Yes. Part of that is corporatism group think. I’m guessing timing also plays a roll. BTW, I found it on Yahoo.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:32 pm Shots fired!

One of the few subjects on which I'd trust his expertise.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:31 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:22 pm
Yes. Part of that is corporatism group think. I’m guessing timing also plays a roll. BTW, I found it on Yahoo.
Yes, those differences justify the MSM not reporting on NYC doing this?

Bias also plays a part. Reporters' and editors' bias allows them to think that DeSantis and Abbott are doing this because of racism but Adams is doing it because of actual need (NYC doesn't have the capacity). That bias allows them to make logical leaps not supported by the data.