UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:39 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:14 pm
I find Tim Scott interesting and think he could become a legit dark horse. He has insider cred like Hutchison but without the smarmy
No major knocks on Scott that I can think of as far as conk Senators go other than he’s pretty much a career politician.

He did co sponsor a knee jerk criminal justice ‘reform’ bill in 2020 (that Trump signed- pox on him) that was in response to a rogue cop killing a career violent criminal. Its done nothing to keep crime rates from rising, nor would I expect it to. Local and state policing is like education- a local and state matter and the feds shoukd butt out.

Heard he could be a little soft on illegal immigration, but of course he would be FAR better than Biden, and probably better than any donk.

I’m not sure how he’d be fiscally, but he did just vote for the kick the can down the road debt ceiling bill, so he’s not Rand Paul.

Some of the other major issues I don’t know enough of his track record on. Bottom line if his name was Tim Smith and he was white, would I vote for him in a conk primary? Not at this point.
Curious what you wanted in the debt ceiling bill and how far / at what consequences you think Congressional conks should have gone to get them?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:25 pm
No major knocks on Scott that I can think of as far as conk Senators go other than he’s pretty much a career politician.

He did co sponsor a knee jerk criminal justice ‘reform’ bill in 2020 (that Trump signed- pox on him) that was in response to a rogue cop killing a career violent criminal. Its done nothing to keep crime rates from rising, nor would I expect it to. Local and state policing is like education- a local and state matter and the feds shoukd butt out.

Heard he could be a little soft on illegal immigration, but of course he would be FAR better than Biden, and probably better than any donk.

I’m not sure how he’d be fiscally, but he did just vote for the kick the can down the road debt ceiling bill, so he’s not Rand Paul.

Some of the other major issues I don’t know enough of his track record on. Bottom line if his name was Tim Smith and he was white, would I vote for him in a conk primary? Not at this point.
Curious what you wanted in the debt ceiling bill and how far / at what consequences you think Congressional conks should have gone to get them?
The conk plan initially passed out of the House + defense included. Too many conks don’t want to include bloated defense.

A default (or a hyper inflate in lieu of default) in our lifetimes (probably 2030s) wasn’t diverted- it was just delayed. And the longer it is delayed the more painful it will be.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:44 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:25 pm
The conk plan initially passed out of the House + defense included. Too many conks don’t want to include bloated defense.

A default (or a hyper inflate in lieu of default) in our lifetimes (probably 2030s) wasn’t diverted- it was just delayed. And the longer it is delayed the more painful it will be.
What about the consequences? Were you willing to accept them if it wasn't raised in time and for how long? How far were you willing to take the game of chicken?

There weren't enough conks to pass what you wanted and Biden wasn't going to sign it even if there were. There weren't enough donks to pass what the progressives wanted either so a compromise was the only thing that was going to pass in the short-term. It would take some serious pain to force the situation long-term and I don't think people would forget which party didn't compromise in 2023 when they're voting in 2024.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:51 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:44 pm

What about the consequences? Were you willing to accept them if it wasn't raised in time and for how long? How far were you willing to take the game of chicken?

There weren't enough conks to pass what you wanted and Biden wasn't going to sign it even if there were. There weren't enough donks to pass what the progressives wanted either so a compromise was the only thing that was going to pass in the short-term. It would take some serious pain to force the situation long-term and I don't think people would forget which party didn't compromise in 2023 when they're voting in 2024.
As long and as far as it took. Its not like if the debt ceiling was hit it was going to be some catastrophic thing despite what ‘Inflation is only going to be transitory’ Yellen and other doomsdayers proclaimed. The govt would still be able to spend $$$. It would just be constrained to spending what it brought in in tax revenue- a form of forced balanced budget Such a novel concept that all 50 states can manage to do.

Not as much pain as we’re going to face down the road.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Well then…this is rather promising coming from a Republican.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

kalm wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:40 pm Well then…this is rather promising coming from a Republican.

Did this have anything to do with the bogus LIV?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:50 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:40 pm Well then…this is rather promising coming from a Republican.

That’s being speculated. LIV documents have been subpoenaed. MBS’s right hand man will be the one running the new merged tours. He’s also head of the sovereign wealth fund.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

I find Tim Scott interesting and think he could become a legit dark horse. He has insider cred like Hutchison but without the smarmy

The people that used to run Republican Party are in a hell of a fix - they have lost control of their ship and the guy that took it from them is about the only candidate they have that can't beat Biden. If they can find a way to put up somebody else, and that somebody wins, like they should, then the conks return to their status quo ante Trump of raining subsidies, tax breaks, and free rides on the wealthiest corporations and individuals and Trump returns to civilian life to spend his few remaining years desperately trying to stay out of prison. Unfortunately the rest of the field is on the whole a bunch of uninteresting gray nobodies as is traditional for the Party.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:04 pm

As long and as far as it took. Its not like if the debt ceiling was hit it was going to be some catastrophic thing despite what ‘Inflation is only going to be transitory’ Yellen and other doomsdayers proclaimed. The govt would still be able to spend $$$. It would just be constrained to spending what it brought in in tax revenue- a form of forced balanced budget Such a novel concept that all 50 states can manage to do.

1) "Deficits don't matter." - Dick Cheney

2) If you believe your own bullshit you should be getting ready for the storm. If you have no debt it will be easy.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:14 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:50 pm

That’s being speculated. LIV documents have been subpoenaed. MBS’s right hand man will be the one running the new merged tours. He’s also head of the sovereign wealth fund.
I think golf is going to lose whatever progress thay were making in developing an interest among the 99%.

I know its alot of money, and I might grab it too, but everybody knows you're taking blood-money from a killer to help rehabilitate the image of somebody that has people who criticize him cut up with a chain saw. Cut off miltary aid and the House of Saud will be out of power in a year
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:17 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:14 pm

I think golf is going to lose whatever progress thay were making in developing an interest among the 99%.

I know its alot of money, and I might grab it too, but everybody knows you're taking blood-money from a killer to help rehabilitate the image of somebody that has people who criticize him cut up with a chain saw. Cut off miltary aid and the House of Saud will be out of power in a year
Yep. As a retired PGA Professional, I just wrote an angry letter to the tour. :geek:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

It is promising. Do you have examples of prominent Democrats saying similar things about the Bidens?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:11 am

It is promising. Do you have examples of prominent Democrats saying similar things about the Bidens?
Oh shit no. And that’s a huge problem for progressives. The Dem establishment sucks.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:47 am Officially declared major candidates for the conk primary:
-Donald Trump, 76: Officially declared 11/15/22.

-Nikki Haley, 51: UN Ambassador (2017-2018), Gov SC (2011-2017), State Rep SC (2005-2011); Officially declared 2/14/23.

-Vivek Ramaswamy, 37: CEO of Strive Asset Management, which he co-founded; also founded a pharma company and co-founded a tech company and a medicare navigation platform. Officially declared 2/21/23.

-Asa Hutchinson, 72: Gov of AR (2015-2023) (lost in 2006)); Under Sec DHS 2003-2005; Head of the DEA 2001-2003; Rep AR 1997-2001; US DA AR 1982-1985. Officially declared 4/2/23.

-Larry Elder, 71: Conk candidate for gov of CA 2021; host if the Larry Elder Show 1993-2022. Officially declared 4/20/23.

-Tim Scott, 57: Senator from SC 2013-current; Rep SC 2011-2013; State Rep SC 2009-2011; Charleston County Council 1995-2009. Officially declared 5/19/23.

-Ron Desantis, 44: Gov FL 2019-present; US HoR 2013-2018. Officially declared 5/24/23

-Mike Pence, 63: VP 2017-2021, Gov Indiana 2013-2017; US HoR 2001-2013. Officially declared 6/5/23.

-Chris Christie 60: Gov NJ 2010-2018; Chair Republican Gov’s Association 2013-2014; Chair of Opiod & Drug Abuse Commission 2017; US Attorney for NJ 2002-2008; Morris County, NJ Board of Chosen Freeholders 1995-1997. Officially declared 6/6/23.

-Doug Burgum, 66: Gov of ND 2016-current. Mortgaged his inherited farmland after graduating from Stanford in 1983 to invest in a small technology startup, Great Plains Software Early career in consulting. Later became president of Great Plains Software that he sold to Microsoft for 1.1 billion.. Later senior VP at Microsoft. Founded real eatate investment firm in Fargo. On several boards. Officially declared 6/6/23.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Re ... _primaries
Bump- Christie throws his weight into the ring.

Burgum enters race.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

New Trump ad ignores other primary conks.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Good ad IMHOP by Scott
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

While I know nothing about Gov. Burgum, I did see an article today with the premise that he's having problems convincing even his most rabid supporters of his viability for the Presidency....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:04 pm While I know nothing about Gov. Burgum, I did see an article today with the premise that he's having problems convincing even his most rabid supporters of his viability for the Presidency....
Well no shit. 99% of the country had never even heard of the guy. I didn’t recall having heard of the guy- had to look him up.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:52 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:17 am

Yep. As a retired PGA Professional, I just wrote an angry letter to the tour. :geek:

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:02 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:52 am

Pretty much. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:04 pm

Them private jet and vacation home subsidies oughta be worth something. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:08 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:04 pm While I know nothing about Gov. Burgum, I did see an article today with the premise that he's having problems convincing even his most rabid supporters of his viability for the Presidency....
Well no shit. 99% of the country had never even heard of the guy. I didn’t recall having heard of the guy- had to look him up.
The Governor of Nowhere :roll: