Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Is there a Cuomo Thread?

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:41 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:30 am Sure, there are a multitude on the left that have been rabid anti-Trump people simply b/c he won. Those people are aren't any better than the alt-right that are rabid anti-Biden simply b/c Biden won.
My issue has always been that IMO the alt-right are pretty far right while the TDS left is your run of the mill person. As always, anecdotal, but I have tons of conservative friends and VERY few are vocal about it. I have tons of liberal friends and MOST are very vocal about it.
Agreed. My own relatives were fairly normal, critical thinking individuals with whom I disagreed politically. Until Trump came along.

Then, Trump (and I, by extension) was a racist, bigot, Nazi, sexist, white supremacist, toxic masculinity POS who was going to destroy America and the world, cause WWIII, and with whom they want nothing to do with. EVER again. :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:27 pm

My issue has always been that IMO the alt-right are pretty far right while the TDS left is your run of the mill person. As always, anecdotal, but I have tons of conservative friends and VERY few are vocal about it. I have tons of liberal friends and MOST are very vocal about it.
Agreed. My own relatives were fairly normal, critical thinking individuals with whom I disagreed politically. Until Trump came along.

Then, Trump (and I, by extension) was a racist, bigot, Nazi, sexist, white supremacist, toxic masculinity POS who was going to destroy America and the world, cause WWIII, and with whom they want nothing to do with. EVER again. :ohno:
I spent a lot of time defending Trump voters, his first 3 years. Saying Clinton was worse than Trump. I still made jokes about him. What tipped the scale was Trumps handling of Covid. Any person that even took High School biology or history could see the idiocracy in what he was saying about Covid. All downhill from there.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Z,

Unfounded charges of toxic masculinity are often times themselves sexist in nature. Unfounded charges of racism are lazy thinking tribalism and not to be taken seriously. I imagine a future where guys like us will have to find quiet places in the back of bars where we can eat blood red elk, talk football, tell blue jokes, and openly fart...unmolested by the woke masses.

Of course we’ll probably raise memories of post-war Nazi’s continuing to meet in secret. :mrgreen:

I’ll leave you with a feministic Navajo prayer line...

“May you walk in beauty”.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:32 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 pm

And it's TDS that causes JSO to drone on and on and on and on and on about how bad Trump is like Raymond Babbitt telling people he's a good driver.
If anyone here has TDS, it's certainly JSO. :nod:
:nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So Cuomo is up to 6 accusers, right? Also heard lots of politicos are starting to call for his head. Over/under on how long he holds out for?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:14 am TDS is real.

TDS accusations mostly attempt to diminish the lack of leadership, physical and psychological harm, and disunity Trump has caused. ‘He cut taxes for the rich (inflating the oligarchy), didn’t get us into a war, and showed China who’s boss’do not excuse this abortion of a presidency. I’m hopeful most of his voters will slowly, quietly move on, even if they’re too ashamed or afraid to admit their support. Lashing out at others in defense of Trump at this point is either massive self deceit or betrays a serious lack of morality.

One of my closest conk friends who was once a Republican Party President for the county and a minister asked why I don’t like Trump. My answer simply was, he’s not a good dude.

That’s the question I’m interested in. Whether Trump brought out the worst in psychologically immature and/or compromised people or if that many Americans are truly just petulant, selfish children.
has anyone considered arrested developement from flouridated water?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

it wasn't by extension..... :ohno:

:rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:00 pm So Cuomo is up to 6 accusers, right? Also heard lots of politicos are starting to call for his head. Over/under on how long he holds out for?
He's done and its already been too long and I hope its the end of his political life.

I swear if my daughter came home with a story like the ones I've been hearing about Cuomo you'd know my name from reading it in the paper.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:09 am Unfounded charges of toxic masculinity are often times themselves sexist in nature. Unfounded charges of racism are lazy thinking tribalism and not to be taken seriously. I imagine a future where guys like us will have to find quiet places in the back of bars where we can eat blood red elk, talk football, tell blue jokes, and openly fart...unmolested by the woke masses.
Then tell your side to stop.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:50 am
kalm wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:09 am Unfounded charges of toxic masculinity are often times themselves sexist in nature. Unfounded charges of racism are lazy thinking tribalism and not to be taken seriously. I imagine a future where guys like us will have to find quiet places in the back of bars where we can eat blood red elk, talk football, tell blue jokes, and openly fart...unmolested by the woke masses.
I do all the time. Do you?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:59 am
89Hen wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:50 am

Yes. I tell your side to stop all the time but they just call me a racist or sexist.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:24 am
kalm wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:59 am

Yes. I tell your side to stop all the time but they just call me a racist or sexist.
:lol:

Have you tried explaining consequence culture to YOUR side?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:00 pm So Cuomo is up to 6 accusers, right? Also heard lots of politicos are starting to call for his head. Over/under on how long he holds out for?
https://abc7ny.com/andrew-cuomo-sexual- ... /10413402/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:35 am
89Hen wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:24 am

I don't have a side.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:29 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:35 am

I don't have a side.
:rofl:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Remember that time Cuomo killed a bunch of seniors and harassed a bunch of women and just went about his business and the left ignored it. That was cool.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:09 am Remember that time Cuomo killed a bunch of seniors and harassed a bunch of women and just went about his business and the left ignored it. That was cool.
He insists that he did nothing wrong. Innocent until proven guilty for people who pretend to be librul.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:09 am Remember that time Cuomo killed a bunch of seniors and harassed a bunch of women and just went about his business and the left ignored it. That was cool.
Hypocrisy knows no political partisanship.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 am
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:57 am

I remember. I went from “oh look, he’s showing some leadership” to “we get it, Cuomo is important” to “JFC! Enough with the daily Cuomo branding ads”.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember when he was gonna be the donk answer for president? :coffee: :coffee:
Well given that he is the Donk analog for Donald Trump, it could still happen
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/a ... s/3196087/
New York Attorney General Letitia James and the team of attorneys selected to investigate allegations of sexual harassment made against Gov. Andrew Cuomo have completed their investigation and released a public report of their findings.

The attorney general's report, which is being made available to the public for the first time, found that the harassment claimed by a number of the governor's accusers is in violation of state and federal law.

Now he's qualified to be POTUS. It proves the old adage, " you can just grab 'em by the pussy."
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:19 am https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/a ... s/3196087/
New York Attorney General Letitia James and the team of attorneys selected to investigate allegations of sexual harassment made against Gov. Andrew Cuomo have completed their investigation and released a public report of their findings.

The attorney general's report, which is being made available to the public for the first time, found that the harassment claimed by a number of the governor's accusers is in violation of state and federal law.

Now he's qualified to be POTUS. It proves the old adage, " you can just grab 'em by the pussy."
He just needs to do what politicians have been doing lately when confronted with past sexual harassment or other crisises - deny it or acknowledge it, and just ignore it. Doesn't matter if it's sexual harassment, association with Epstein, influence peddling for family members in other countries, past use of blackface as a costume, and so on. If anything has been proved it's that voters really don't care about these things and only want to push these things if the politician involved has a letter next to their name denoting the opposite political party to the one they support. If it's the same letter as the party they support then they completely ignore the crisis as if it never happened. It's a proven way forward anymore.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:26 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:19 am https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/a ... s/3196087/

He just needs to do what politicians have been doing lately when confronted with past sexual harassment or other crisises - deny it or acknowledge it, and just ignore it. Doesn't matter if it's sexual harassment, association with Epstein, influence peddling for family members in other countries, past use of blackface as a costume, and so on. If anything has been proved it's that voters really don't care about these things and only want to push these things if the politician involved has a letter next to their name denoting the opposite political party to the one they support. If it's the same letter as the party they support then they completely ignore the crisis as if it never happened. It's a proven way forward anymore.
:nod: :nod: :nod: Nailed it.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Another Donkey governor who botched the COVID response, like the General Secretary of the California Communist Party. The difference now is that they have something criminally culpable to get Cuomo on. Sure, we've got Newsom getting his hand slapped several times by SCOTUS over his COVID over-control, his fire laxness, and his outright hypocrisy (French Laundry), but all that hardly compares to a sexual harassment (at minimum, assault at worst) charge against Cuomo....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

"Andrew Cuomo grabbing the 6s by the pussy! Sad! I grab the 9s and the 6s grab me!"
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:32 am Another Donkey governor who botched the COVID response, like the General Secretary of the California Communist Party. The difference now is that they have something criminally culpable to get Cuomo on. Sure, we've got Newsom getting his hand slapped several times by SCOTUS over his COVID over-control, his fire laxness, and his outright hypocrisy (French Laundry), but all that hardly compares to a sexual harassment (at minimum, assault at worst) charge against Cuomo....
I could be wrong, but I don't see the consequences for his actions going far beyond him resigning. MAYBE he'll get charged, but NY is as much of a political cesspool as Illinois. I'm pretty sure Cuomo has enough dirt on enough Dems in NY to be sure he won't see a courtroom. But who knows
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris