Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Positives from COVID Pandemic

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:23 pm
Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:14 pm

Welcome to the hipster lumberjack club! There is no dues just the satisfaction that you are one of the limited few that can grow facial hair. Also a beard will improve one's axe throwing knowledge by a significant factor. :D

I had my first beard trim by my barber in a year yesterday. Cut a good 4 inches off and really trimmed up the sides and my mustache. I had been doing the bare minimum to stay somewhat presentable but I definitely looked a bit "rough". Had way too much breakage due to cold and having to wear a mask that I was over due for a trim.

Currently rocking a 6 incher and my goal is to get it back to 10 inches but much more stylized.
FYP

Are you using PHALLOSAN to get the extra length?

:poke:
:lol: :lol:

I may look like a hipster lumberjack, but as soon as I open my mouth I sound like a old curmudgeon (aka channeling my inner 89). :mrgreen:

No fake lengtheners needed. :tothehand: Just a healthy diet of beer, steak, and bourbon. I throw in some scotch in for seasoning every now and then.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:41 pm Image
:nod:

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:34 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:23 pm

FYP

Are you using PHALLOSAN to get the extra length?

:poke:

I may look like a hipster lumberjack, but as soon as I open my mouth I sound like a old curmudgeon (aka channeling my inner 89). :mrgreen:

No fake lengtheners needed. :tothehand: Just a healthy diet of beer, steak, and bourbon. I throw in some scotch in for seasoning every now and then.
I haven't had a beard since 1983. lol
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:14 pm Currently rocking a 6 incher and my goal is to get it back to 10 inches
You taking a pill for that?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:57 pm
Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:14 pm Currently rocking a 6 incher and my goal is to get it back to 10 inches
You taking a pill for that?
Home remedy. :dance:

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:55 pm
Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:34 pm

I got it trimmed just in time. One of my female coworkers was threatening to get me drunk and braid it.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:01 pm

I got it trimmed just in time. One of my female coworkers was threatening to get me drunk and braid it.
Lol
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Is she hot?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:13 pm

Is she hot?
Very. She was engaged last year but her fiance got cold feet and broke it off. Current boyfriend has commitment issues (her words not mine) and they have known each other for 10 years but just decided to start dating.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:36 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:13 pm
Is she hot?
Very. She was engaged last year but her fiance got cold feet and broke it off. Current boyfriend has commitment issues (her words not mine) and they have known each other for 10 years but just decided to start dating.
I'll grow a beard just for her to braid. My only requirement is that she wears nothing but body oil. :bananahump:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:45 pm

I'll grow a beard just for her to braid. My only requirement is that she wears nothing but body oil. :bananahump:
Will she consider braiding pubic hair? Mine?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:A positive for our household is the increased time spent with each other. Sure there are days when we let the little one veg out to Paw Patrol, but most time away from school has been spent at the local park, riding bikes, doing little projects/crafts around the house.

The eating out tends to fluctuate but overall we've definitely been cooking at home more. Also I've spent a ton of time around a fire drinking, contemplating life, making plans and strategizing, and listening to the Smashing Pumpkins Pandora channel that I have tuned in to hit all the great 90's rock bands.

I'm just thankful I've chosen a profession that has seen minimal impact from the China Virus. Millions of others have not been as fortunate.
This. All the extra time with LilCCU has been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

If she wasn't a coworker I would think about her offer. But she breaks at least two of my rules (No fishing off the company dock and never date anyone crazier than myself).

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:46 pm

Will she consider braiding pubic hair? Mine?
She has told me some crazy stories over drinks and if only half of what she has spoke of is true, that might not be outside the realm of possibility.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:26 am 5) HR didn't bother me about growing out my beard Mountain Man style
Every single man on our team (8-9) has a beard now. I was the last to give in.
I’ve had the beard for almost 10 yrs. I ain’t ever shaving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

COVID have exposed all the idiots that like to play in traffic.

Don't know about elsewhere, but I'm really tired of dodging all the dumbasses out for a walk like it's a scene from The Walking Dead. Walking down the middle of the road like there isn't any gasoline left to power vehicles.

Get out of the street and back on the sidewalk dipshit!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:52 am COVID have exposed all the idiots that like to play in traffic.

Don't know about elsewhere, but I'm really tired of dodging all the dumbasses out for a walk like it's a scene from The Walking Dead. Walking down the middle of the road like there isn't any gasoline left to power vehicles.

Same goes for cyclists.

:coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:08 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:52 am COVID have exposed all the idiots that like to play in traffic.

Same goes for cyclists.

:tothehand:

We have every right to be on the road. :kisswink:

Though I do agree with you in part. There are plenty of stupid cyclist out there that do not pay attention to their surroundings and traffic.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:10 am
kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:08 am

Same goes for cyclists.

Though I do agree with you in part. There are plenty of stupid cyclist out there that do not pay attention to their surroundings and traffic.
No shit. As a cyclist, I hate those riders.

I am proud to say I can cycle to local multi use trail faster than cars can keep up. Nice downhill section where I can tuck at the speed limit (35), then a few straightaways I can crank up to 30 in a sprint and I have arrived at our local trail. Coming back is obviously a little more difficult having to climb that hill, but I choose a secondary route off the main street that has more climbing.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:37 am
Winterborn wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:10 am

I am proud to say I can cycle to local multi use trail faster than cars can keep up. Nice downhill section where I can tuck at the speed limit (35), then a few straightaways I can crank up to 30 in a sprint and I have arrived at our local trail. Coming back is obviously a little more difficult having to climb that hill, but I choose a secondary route off the main street that has more climbing.
I'm a block from the trail system. 1.5 miles to the trail that circles town(10 miles loop), 8 miles to the beach and Wisconsin, 4 miles to the center of the Mississippi River Bridge. 15 mile drive to a rails to trails. No need to ride on a road.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:02 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:37 am

I'm a block from the trail system. 1.5 miles to the trail that circles town(10 miles loop), 8 miles to the beach and Wisconsin, 4 miles to the center of the Mississippi River Bridge. 15 mile drive to a rails to trails. No need to ride on a road.
Good, otherwise SG would be telling you to "Get out of the street and back on the sidewalk dipshit!" :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:14 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:02 pm

Good, otherwise SG would be telling you to "Get out of the street and back on the sidewalk dipshit!" :lol:
:lol:

I believe cyclists have the right to ride on streets, but they need to follow the rules of the road and keep as far right as possible if not traveling the speed limit.

I can ride a very small strip of road to the right of the white line if needed.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:54 pm

If she wasn't a coworker I would think about her offer. But she breaks at least two of my rules (No fishing off the company dock and never date anyone crazier than myself).
Whoa whoa whoa, no one here is talking commitment. Just a nice roll in the hay. But yeah, agree about the fucking co-workers rule.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:40 pm
Winterborn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:54 pm

Whoa whoa whoa, no one here is talking commitment. Just a nice roll in the hay. But yeah, agree about the fucking co-workers rule.
The term "commitment" has very different meanings between the male and female genders of our species. :D