Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Eating Their Own

Post by UNI88 »

Progressive PAC kick-starts search for challengers to Manchin, Sinema
New group plans to target Senate Democratic incumbents.
The co-founders of No Excuses PAC — Saikat Chakrabarti, Corbin Trent and Zack Exley — are starting a search for candidates to challenge incumbent Democrats they say are standing in the way of ambitious action to end the coronavirus pandemic and revive the economy.
Can a progressive candidate win a senate seat in West Virginia in 2024?

Is this the catalyst that gets Manchin to switch parties?

Will they target Spanberger in 2022?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Eating Their Own

Post by Ibanez »

Of course they are. I called it last year that the purity movements in both parties will eventually do this.

Manchin isn't leaving.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:13 pm Progressive PAC kick-starts search for challengers to Manchin, Sinema
The co-founders of No Excuses PAC — Saikat Chakrabarti, Corbin Trent and Zack Exley — are starting a search for candidates to challenge incumbent Democrats they say are standing in the way of ambitious action to end the coronavirus pandemic and revive the economy.

You mean a liberal? Not a snowballs chance in hell a liberal could win statewide office in WV :suspicious: POTUS elections the last donk to win WV was Clinton in 96' (and Clinton of the 90s was right of the democrats of the 2020s). Since then WV has gone from blue/purple to DEEP RED, one of the 2 reddest in the country with WY. Trump won WV 69-30, 2nd only to WY 70-27. The below was written on 11/6, with the assumption that the conks would hold at least 1 of the GA senate seats. But that wrong prediction doesn't change the below.
Consider these harbingers of doom for Manchin:
*He will have to run for re-election in 2024 — a presidential cycle that will have heavy Republican turnout in West Virginia. He only beat Morrisey by three points (and only with a plurality) in a Democratic wave election in 2018.
*Shelly Moore Capito just won her Senate re-election contest 70/27 in West Virginia … and she won every single county. Handily.
*Republicans won all three WV House seats. And the closest race of the three took place in WV-02, which Alex Mooney won with 63.1% of the vote.
https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrisse ... -majority/

Manchin voted to convict Trump in 2019 after the 1st impeachment, a couple months after the 2018 election, which he barely won, and which he wouldn't have if the impeachment vote had been prior to the election. He's spoken out against having an impeachment trial in the Senate, but looks like he'll vote to convict again, which will be another nail in his reelection coffin. For Manchin in 2024 its either retire, or switch parties. He's 73, will be 76 by the time of the 2024 election. My guess is he retires.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Peimarying any donk from the left for 2022 is a waste of time and money.

Biden will not break the trend of sitting president's party being boat raced in the midterms.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Remember when this guy got eaten?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:13 pm Progressive PAC kick-starts search for challengers to Manchin, Sinema

They are opposed to ending the filibuster. It's why Kamala meet with people in both their states...to put pressure on them.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

how bout that QAnon space laser Conk from Jawjuh? will she be eaten alive or the future of her party?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:18 pm how bout that QAnon space laser Conk from Jawjuh? will she be eaten alive or the future of her party?
If we're lucky, otherwise ... MTG vs AOChe in a jello wrestling match on pay-per-view! :D
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:18 pm how bout that QAnon space laser Conk from Jawjuh? will she be eaten alive or the future of her party?
More importanly: how are we going to make them stop causing fires in CA?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:29 pm
If we're lucky, otherwise ... MTG vs AOChe in a jello wrestling match on pay-per-view! :D
I'd buy that for a dollar!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Dozens of former Republican officials in talks to form anti-Trump third party
More than 120 of them held a Zoom call last Friday to discuss the breakaway group, which would run on a platform of “principled conservatism,” including adherence to the Constitution and the rule of law - ideas those involved say have been trashed by Trump.
“Large portions of the Republican Party are radicalizing and threatening American democracy,” McMullin told Reuters. “The party needs to recommit to truth, reason and founding ideals or there clearly needs to be something new.”
BitterDKKK in 1, 2, 3, ... to call them RINOs and losers.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:29 pm Dozens of former Republican officials in talks to form anti-Trump third party
More than 120 of them held a Zoom call last Friday to discuss the breakaway group, which would run on a platform of “principled conservatism,” including adherence to the Constitution and the rule of law - ideas those involved say have been trashed by Trump.
“Large portions of the Republican Party are radicalizing and threatening American democracy,” McMullin told Reuters. “The party needs to recommit to truth, reason and founding ideals or there clearly needs to be something new.”
BDK wouldn't do that. That'd be cancelling people and the GOP doesn't engage in cancel culture...right?
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:29 pm Dozens of former Republican officials in talks to form anti-Trump third party
A former NC Supreme Court member, and now former Republican, has apparently had some of these same discussions. I love it. The need for viable alternatives to both dominant parties is there. Why not have the new party (ies) come from the center? RINOS and DINOS unite!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AshevilleApp wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:21 pm

A former NC Supreme Court member, and now former Republican, has apparently had some of these same discussions. I love it. The need for viable alternatives to both dominant parties is there. Why not have the new party (ies) come from the center? RINOS and DINOS unite!
:nod:

My biggest concern is a lot of the Republicans in these discussions are establishment types that I believe will ultimately want to protect big government.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

They're seeing how much money the Lincoln Project grifters raked in and they want some of it. :nod:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:10 pm

BDK wouldn't do that. That'd be cancelling people and the GOP doesn't engage in cancel culture...right?
If the spineless, establishment elitists want to go create their own party, let them.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:25 pm
AshevilleApp wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:21 pm

My biggest concern is a lot of the Republicans in these discussions are establishment types that I believe will ultimately want to protect big government.
Funny. I can make the same case with establishment Dems. :lol:

That’s also what makes Amash and Sasse so appealing to me.

The Republicans, most ripe for cancelling are exactly the same ones that would attract left leaning independent types like me to vote for them. This is partly why I think the Republican Party is in deep shit. Rally around crazy and kick the reasonable ones out.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:26 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:10 pm

If the spineless, establishment elitists want to go create their own party, let them.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics ... index.html
Former US ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley directly criticized former President Donald Trump for his involvement stoking the US Capitol riot in a new interview, a notable condemnation from someone who is widely viewed as harboring presidential hopes in a party that is still in thrall to Trump.

"We need to acknowledge he let us down," she told Politico magazine in an interview published Friday. "He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:13 am

The Republicans, most ripe for cancelling are exactly the same ones that would attract left leaning independent types like me to vote for them. This is partly why I think the Republican Party is in deep shit. Rally around crazy and kick the reasonable ones out.
Yet the same thing is happening to the Dems.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:57 pm

They're seeing how much money the Lincoln Project grifters raked in and they want some of it. :nod:
Yep. They’re not even subtle about it.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:59 am
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:57 pm
Would you be? Pull off a short and simple con and walk away with millions. Why waste time with subtlety - show me the money!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:16 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:59 am

Would you be? Pull off a short and simple con and walk away with millions. Why waste time with subtlety - show me the money!
Which media outlet ISNT at least part grift?

Back in my day we used to call jealous, wealth envy types like you, “commies.”

Why do you hate commerce?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

We would both make the same case for the establishment Dems. They have more in common with the establishment Reps than they do the extremists in their own party. While we only have 2 major parties, it seems like we really have 3 major political movements: the centrist establishment, the populist right, and the progressive left.

If the populist right can find a leader (or leaders) who are rational and charismatic they will pull union/blue-collar worker and Hispanic support away from the Dems.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:22 am

We would both make the same case for the establishment Dems. They have more in common with the establishment Reps than they do the extremists in their own party. While we only have 2 major parties, it seems like we really have 3 major political movements: the centrist establishment, the populist right, and the progressive left.

If the populist right can find a leader (or leaders) who are rational and charismatic they will pull union/blue-collar worker and Hispanic support away from the Dems.
Spot on. :nod: :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:22 am

Yep! :nod:

And the DC cocktail circuit elitist Dems (The ones who control the party) ignore the working class at their peril.

Pet peeve: ascribing populism to the right wing extremists. Not calling out you, but that’s relatively new labeling and used as a pejorative by too many on the left.