Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Worst President Ever

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:56 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:15 pm Biden isn't off to the best start, but he gets to follow a bad President.
It won't be easy for Biden to win over a crowd whose political IQ is at the level of shitting on the Capitol floor and wiping it on the walls. :coffee:

Just think if they hadn't stopped to shit on the floors and wipe it on the walls - Mike Pence might not have had time to escape his planned lynching... :shock:
Yes, you’re right. 100% of the “crowd” shit on the floor and wiped it on the walls. There’s so much shit they may NEVER get it all off the walls. Literally hundreds of thousands of people shitting on the floor and wiping it on the walls.

Oh, wait. That’s San Francisco. In the Capitol building it was ONE person. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:15 pm Biden isn't off to the best start, but he gets to follow a bad President.
As I type Biden's Real Clear Politics (RCP) average approval rating is 54.2% vs. 36.1% disapproving. That's being up by 18.1 percentage points. Trump's maximum RCP average approval rating was 47.4%. He was above water on exactly one day of his term. The very first RCP average on him in January 27, 2017, had him above water by 0.1 percentage points (44.3% approve vs. 44.2% disapprove).
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Based on the last 4 years, Biden is responsible for anything bad that happens in the US during his administration and the previous administration is responsible for anything good that happens.

That's what I read on Line 6, Page 9, Chapter 3 of Volume 693 of the Encyclopedia Manifestos of JSO.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Biden isn't a leftist, but he's been surprisingly more progressive than I thought he'd be in his first two weeks. Considering my views and knowing no President will align perfectly with them, I'm pretty happy with the strong start. I was stunned when he won and said he wanted to model his Presidency after FDR's; in fact Biden is the first candidate where he was more moderate during the primaries and adopted increasingly progressive policies during the general election. Most candidates are the opposite, dialing it down for the general.

Other progressives I've spoken to have been equally optimistic based on what we've seen so far.

Still waiting for a new war to breakout though. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:38 pm Biden isn't a leftist, but he's been surprisingly more progressive than I thought he'd be in his first two weeks. Considering my views and knowing no President will align perfectly with them, I'm pretty happy with the strong start. I was stunned when he won and said he wanted to model his Presidency after FDR's; in fact Biden is the first candidate where he was more moderate during the primaries and adopted increasingly progressive policies during the general election. Most candidates are the opposite, dialing it down for the general.

Other progressives I've spoken to have been equally optimistic based on what we've seen so far.

Still waiting for a new war to breakout though. :lol:
Biden isn't running things. He's doing what he's told by leftists.

FDR wouldn't have cancelled Keystone. He would have accelerated the project, making the pipeline longer and bigger. They didn't put up with environmental impact studies, BS lawsuits, etc, etc, back then, they just built shit in record time. The one good thing about FDR..

Lawl if you think Biden wasn't more liberal during the primaries. During the donk primaries:

During the general he tried to walk back or "clarify" all those comments about getting rid of fracking and fossil fuels..
Also during the primary he said he was "going to get rid of the Trump tax cut"

During the general he he was only going to get rid of the Trump tax cuts for the "rich". Big distinction.
Those are just 2 examples of many. Biden clearly was way left during the primary and was less liberal during the general.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

“I don’t know what I’m signing”

Just sign it.

That’s all yo need to know about “Biden’s” progressive policies.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

All the democrats, politicos, analysts, liberals, and progressives saying he became more progressive...

...or AZGrizFan on championshipsubdivision.com saying he became less so? :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:42 pmBiden isn't running things. He's doing what he's told by leftists.
You say this as a bad thing, but this is exactly what many of us want out of Biden's presidency.

In fact it's what we voted for, hoped would happen. We're well aware.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:54 pm All the democrats, politicos, analysts, liberals, and progressives saying he became more progressive...

I didn’t say he became less so. I’m inferring he doesn’t know WHAT he is, or what he’s signing. You don’t read real well, do you?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:57 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:42 pmBiden isn't running things. He's doing what he's told by leftists.
You say this as a bad thing, but this is exactly what many of us want out of Biden's presidency.

It's literally what we hope for.
No shit, Sherlock. That’s been obvious from the beginning. And yes, it is a bad thing.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:54 pm All the democrats, politicos, analysts, liberals, and progressives saying he became more progressive...

I didn’t say he became less so. I’m inferring he doesn’t know WHAT he is, or what he’s signing. You don’t read real well, do you?
I mixed your post up with BDK's. My apologies, although pretty sure he knows what he's signing.

But I'm glad a President isn't solely running things; I don't want that. Smarter people should be advising, him signing.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:01 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:58 pm

I mixed your post up with BDK's. My apologies, although pretty sure he knows what he's signing.

But I'm glad a President isn't solely running things; I don't want that. Smarter people should be advising, him signing.
He DOES. NOT. KNOW. What he’s signing. Doesn’t know. Admitted it with a hot mic there....and there’s the pseudo-president, right behind him, saying “just sign it”....this country elected a fucking cadaver.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden’s words on camera in the primary versus general in the examples above, indicate otherwise.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:56 pm
As I type Biden's Real Clear Politics (RCP) average approval rating is 54.2% vs. 36.1% disapproving. That's being up by 18.1 percentage points. Trump's maximum RCP average approval rating was 47.4%. He was above water on exactly one day of his term. The very first RCP average on him in January 27, 2017, had him above water by 0.1 percentage points (44.3% approve vs. 44.2% disapprove).
Popularity and news media polls have nothing to do with my opinion of a President. The covid vaccine rollout has been very disapointing. Pipelines and reversing Trump agenda appear to be more important than saving Americans.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

As you type...

With the vitriolic hatred of Trump from even before he was elected by the left, there was no WAY his approval rating was ever going to get above 50%. That fucker could have stopped all our wars and solved the Middle East peace problem, created record jobs, record low unemployment and historic gains in the AA business community and the left STILL would have hated him.

Oh...wait. :coffee: :coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:16 pm
Based on the last 4 years, Biden is responsible for anything bad that happens in the US during his administration and the previous administration is responsible for anything good that happens.

That's what I read on Line 6, Page 9, Chapter 3 of Volume 693 of the Encyclopedia Manifestos of JSO.
What you look for is evidence of change. As I have said many times: When you just look at the numbers with respect to whether it looks like there was any change in the basic direction of the economy around the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017, you don't see any such indication. At some point in the future we will be able to look at the numbers and assess whether one would interpret them as suggesting anything changed after Biden got elected.

Of course, the exercise will be greatly confounded by the fact that we have a pandemic going on. I would not say the economic numbers in themselves will suggest that the very large decline we had in annual GDP is automatically Trump's fault for obvious reasons.

I do think that Trump grossly mishandled the response to the pandemic. I think it's likely that the hit to the economy could have been less than it was had we had an adult in the President's position. But that is another argument.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:41 am

As you type...

With the vitriolic hatred of Trump from even before he was elected by the left, there was no WAY his approval rating was ever going to get above 50%. That fucker could have stopped all our wars and solved the Middle East peace problem, created record jobs, record low unemployment and historic gains in the AA business community and the left STILL would have hated him.

If that is supposed to suggest that he solved the Middle East problem, that he created record jobs, or that he CREATED record low unemployment your premises are false. He did not do anything of those things. The Middle East problem is not solved. The rate of job creation during Obama's second term was higher than the rate of job creation during Trump's first three years before COVID. The trend towards declining unemployment was obviously in place before he took office. He didn't "create" anything. He just jumped into the captain's chair and continued to sail the ship until a storm hit. And when the storm hit he totally botched the situation.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:02 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:16 pm

What you look for is evidence of change. As I have said many times: When you just look at the numbers with respect to whether it looks like there was any change in the basic direction of the economy around the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017, you don't see any such indication. At some point in the future we will be able to look at the numbers and assess whether one would interpret them as suggesting anything changed after Biden got elected.

Of course, the exercise will be greatly confounded by the fact that we have a pandemic going on. I would not say the economic numbers in themselves will suggest that the very large decline we had in annual GDP is automatically Trump's fault for obvious reasons.

I do think that Trump grossly mishandled the response to the pandemic. I think it's likely that the hit to the economy could have been less than it was had we had an adult in the President's position. But that is another argument.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:07 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:41 am

As you type...

If that is supposed to suggest that he solved the Middle East problem, that he created record jobs, or that he CREATED record low unemployment your premises are false. He did not do anything of those things. The Middle East problem is not solved. The rate of job creation during Obama's second term was higher than the rate of job creation during Trump's first three years before COVID. The trend towards declining unemployment was obviously in place before he took office. He didn't "create" anything. He just jumped into the captain's chair and continued to sail the ship until a storm hit. And when the storm hit he totally botched the situation.
I swear, you react like frog legs on a lightening rod. Like shooting fish in a barrel. :rofl: :rofl:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:22 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:07 pm

I swear, you react like frog legs on a lightening rod. Like shooting fish in a barrel. :rofl: :rofl:
All I do is correct the misconceptions you attempt to distribute.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, this is what I'm talking about in terms of looking at data and asking if the data suggest anything changed at any particular point in time:

It's a graph of GDP over time. There is no way one would look at that graph and say, "HEY, something happened around the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017 to change things!" Absolutely no way.

You do see that something appears to have happened around the beginning of 2020. And we know what that is. But this idea that Trump dramatically changed things in terms of the direction of the economy is ridiculous.
Could I ever be a star?

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

President Trump (and the GOP) did make things worse, significantly driving up the deficit while the GDP gained nothing to offset it. Borrowing from the future did enrich people who were already doing well though, so I guess the plan was successful.

At least President Obama reduced the deficit during his time in office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... increasee/
Economists agree that we needed massive deficit spending during the coronavirus crisis to ward off an economic cataclysm, but federal finances under Trump had become dire before the pandemic. That happened even though the economy was booming and unemployment was at historically low levels. By the Trump administration’s own description, the pre-pandemic national debt level was already a “crisis” and a “grave threat.”

The combination of Trump’s 2017 tax cut and the lack of any serious spending restraint helped both the deficit and the debt soar. So when the once-in-a-lifetime viral disaster slammed our country and we threw more than $3 trillion into pandemic-related stimulus, there was no longer any margin for error.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:43 pm President Trump (and the GOP) did make things worse, significantly driving up the deficit while the GDP gained nothing to offset it. Borrowing from the future did enrich people who were already doing well though, so I guess the plan was successful.

Economists agree that we needed massive deficit spending during the coronavirus crisis to ward off an economic cataclysm, but federal finances under Trump had become dire before the pandemic. That happened even though the economy was booming and unemployment was at historically low levels. By the Trump administration’s own description, the pre-pandemic national debt level was already a “crisis” and a “grave threat.”

The combination of Trump’s 2017 tax cut and the lack of any serious spending restraint helped both the deficit and the debt soar. So when the once-in-a-lifetime viral disaster slammed our country and we threw more than $3 trillion into pandemic-related stimulus, there was no longer any margin for error.
We get it. It’s now time for you to NOT care about the deficit, and for Conks TO care about it. I mean, your cadaver is about to add another $2T to the deficit with a stroke of a pen, so there’s that.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Deficit spending during a crisis is exactly what you're supposed to do. You raise taxes or reduce spending during the good times because eventually the bad times happen again. Basic economics, not whatever voodoo economics conks like to espouse.

And look at my post history, I've always cared about it.

Also if Trump handled the pandemic correctly, didn't downplay things, if all Americans wore masks, didn't have large indoor gatherings, and generally gave a sh*t about each other, we wouldn't be in as large of an economic mess.

400K+ dead also means we've lost millions of years of productivity and taxable income. Immigration is the only way to make up for lost productivity...so open up the borders baby! Also medical spending has ballooned, infrastructure spending is down, our kids aren't getting proper schooling, unemployment is sky high, small businesses are going under...all which compound on an already bad economic situation.

So yeah, if from the onset Trump and friends said "wear a mask", "be distant around people", "don't gather together", "please take it seriously", we wouldn't have a large swath of the population dragging our economy under because they think they're smarter than science. Instead we got some stupid guy telling his sheep to do whatever they want while holding rallies with thousands of people.

Then he gets the virus himself, receives the best medical and experimental treatments in the world, and says "see it's no biggie."

Conks and their denial of reality single-handily destroyed the economy.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:43 pm President Trump (and the GOP) did make things worse, significantly driving up the deficit while the GDP gained nothing to offset it. Borrowing from the future did enrich people who were already doing well though, so I guess the plan was successful.

What was the total Obama's budget deficits compared to Dubya's?

The Trump presidency has been a disaster from a fiscal perspective but he was continuing the trend from Dubya and Obama.

The US national debt just pushed past $22 trillion — here's how Trump's $2 trillion in debt compares with Obama, Bush, and Clinton

And before anyone flips over the Trump 2nd term projections ...
And by the end of fiscal 2024, the last year of Trump's second term if he wins reelection, the total debt added is projected to come in at $8.78 trillion.