Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: War! Who's next?

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:40 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:49 am IMO one of Trump's biggest accomplishments is that he didn't add to our list of wars. I don't see the same happening with Biden. What country is the next to see us bring peace and democracy to them?
He was lucky. He did several things that carried substantial risk of getting us into really sticky wars. It didn't happen.
You just CAN. NOT. DO. IT. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:02 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:40 pm

He was lucky. He did several things that carried substantial risk of getting us into really sticky wars. It didn't happen.
The guy is an idiot. He did some really stupid shit with respect to Iran in particular. Fortunately for those of you who appear to think he was brilliant, Iran knew that he will pass. They bided their time while moving closer to getting nuclear weapons. What he did with moving the US embassy to Jerusalem was also really stupid.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:09 pm

The guy is an idiot. He did some really stupid shit with respect to Iran in particular. Fortunately for those of you who appear to think he was brilliant, Iran knew that he will pass. They bided their time while moving closer to getting nuclear weapons. What he did with moving the US embassy to Jerusalem was also really stupid.
Mmmm Kay. :thumb: :thumb:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

You hate Trump and your bias prevents you from objectively assessing his Presidency. "You just CAN. NOT. DO. IT."
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:33 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:25 pm

Oh.

Not sure I'm getting his point SD about no Iranians being killed. The strike was against Iran-backed militias not Iranian militias. They were probably Shias from Syria and maybe Lebanon.
Still trying to wrap my head around this one. Biden killed Iraqis in Syria because they were being supported by Iran?

Anyway, taken from the article.
None of those killed in the attack were Iranian, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), a generally credible monitoring group based in London. So many deaths could prompt cries of revenge by the Iraqi militiamen’s comrades or extended families or tribes, possibly imperiling the moderate, pro-western Kadhimi government in Baghdad.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:49 pm

You hate Trump and your bias prevents you from objectively assessing his Presidency. "You just CAN. NOT. DO. IT."
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:53 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:49 pm

Touche!

I have agreed with good things about AOChe (her schooling the Republicans in reaching younger people for example). Has JSO ever given Trump credit for anything without qualifying it (he got lucky)?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:25 am
kalm wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:53 am

Touche!

I have agreed with good things about AOChe (her schooling the Republicans in reaching younger people for example). Has JSO ever given Trump credit for anything without qualifying it (he got lucky)?
No and that is what I love about unhinged haters of Trump. They believe that Trump woke up every single day scheming on how he could screw America over. Trump even had a better record than Satan. Even Satan would screw up from time to time, but not Trump.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:46 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:33 am

Not sure I'm getting his point SD about no Iranians being killed. The strike was against Iran-backed militias not Iranian militias. They were probably Shias from Syria and maybe Lebanon.
Still trying to wrap my head around this one. Biden killed Iraqis in Syria because they were being supported by Iran?

Anyway, taken from the article.
None of those killed in the attack were Iranian, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), a generally credible monitoring group based in London. So many deaths could prompt cries of revenge by the Iraqi militiamen’s comrades or extended families or tribes, possibly imperiling the moderate, pro-western Kadhimi government in Baghdad.
The hand wringing and gnashing of teeth when Trump offed some folks in the ME by those that are doing it now is just delicious. :lol: