BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Official

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:01 pm
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:22 pm DeSantis HAS to be licking his chops at the prospect of running against her OR Biden.

Kamala didn’t even get to the Iowa primary. I doubt Dem enthusiasm for her has increased since then.

Zero on the substantiveness meter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that if they took polls right now for DeSantis vs. either Biden or Harris he'd be down to either of them. Harris may not have done well in the Democrat primaries, but when she dropped out of the race she was up 6 percentage points on Trump in the Real Clear Politics average.

I also think DeSantis is horrible in terms of the charisma factor. I know it shouldn't matter. But I think it does. He's got this "fingernails across the blackboard" whiney voice, acts like a prick, and looks greasy.

We'll see what happens.
You think Harris has any charisma? :suspicious: :lol:

And Harris acts like a coont. Clinton might have been the most unlikeable candidate in our lifetimes, but if its Harris for the donks, she‘ll be to Hillary “Hold my beer“.

‘Looks greasy‘. :suspicious: Da Fuq?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:45 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:10 pm

And :lol: @ Trump trolling Kamala into making a border visit.
I've always thought this kind of thing is really stupid. I mean this thing where a politician or official is expected to go be physically present at a spot where something went on. Like George W. Bush needing to go to New Orleans to understand what he needed to understand to address Katrina. Or Barrack Obama needing to fly over Louisiana to be able to address the Deepwater Horizon oil discharge thing. It's just stupid.

An official making a trip to go look at something contributes zero to what that official needs to know in order to address the situation. Harris going to the border, whether it's El Paso or at the eastern end of the border area, accomplishes nothing but wasting money on travel and complicating things for local officials and residents when she's in the area.

I frankly wish the Biden Administration would, in response to this nonsense about Harris visiting the border area, has asked "Why? What is that going to accomplish? What is she going to know that's relevant to addressing the issue after she goes that she wouldn't know if she didn't go?"
You really should apply for Psaki’s job. You have an excuse for every fuckup that JoeMala make. You’re all in for HR 1, the Infrastructure bill, and higher taxes, so why wait? :dunce:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I've apparently got a ways to go, before I earn my woke wings. All this time I thought it was the Libs wanting to defund the police, but in reality, it's really my fault.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:40 am

I've always thought this kind of thing is really stupid. I mean this thing where a politician or official is expected to go be physically present at a spot where something went on. Like George W. Bush needing to go to New Orleans to understand what he needed to understand to address Katrina. Or Barrack Obama needing to fly over Louisiana to be able to address the Deepwater Horizon oil discharge thing. It's just stupid.

An official making a trip to go look at something contributes zero to what that official needs to know in order to address the situation. Harris going to the border, whether it's El Paso or at the eastern end of the border area, accomplishes nothing but wasting money on travel and complicating things for local officials and residents when she's in the area.

I frankly wish the Biden Administration would, in response to this nonsense about Harris visiting the border area, has asked "Why? What is that going to accomplish? What is she going to know that's relevant to addressing the issue after she goes that she wouldn't know if she didn't go?"
You really should apply for Psaki’s job. You have an excuse for every fuckup that JoeMala make. You’re all in for HR 1, the Infrastructure bill, and higher taxes, so why wait? :dunce:
It's always a good :lol: watching JSO hold the Leftists water and do his typical mental gymnastics to justify his "conservative" stances. :rofl:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I've said that basic thing for a long time. I was involved in Katrina response and Deepwater Horizon response. In my opinion dignitaries coming to scenes just make things more difficult. Yes, they have a job to do. But they don't need to come be physically present where things are going on to do it. Someone like the President or Vice President of the United States is getting all the data they need to make decisions about things regardless of where they physically are. There was no reason for Obama to go fly around looking at Louisiana when the Deepwater Horizon thing was going on. There was no reason for the dignitary I ran around with in a car so they could have photo ops to be down here. Their physical presence contributed nothing. And it's the same thing with Harris going to the border. Her going to the border, regardless of the specific spot, isn't going to give her a better understanding of what's going on at the border.

I just think it's a shame that we have this cultural thing where we think it's SO important for somebody to do something like that when the opposite is the case and I wish one day SOME politician or leader would tell it like it is on this kind of stuff.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:40 pm

I think that if they took polls right now for DeSantis vs. either Biden or Harris he'd be down to either of them. Harris may not have done well in the Democrat primaries, but when she dropped out of the race she was up 6 percentage points on Trump in the Real Clear Politics average.

I also think DeSantis is horrible in terms of the charisma factor. I know it shouldn't matter. But I think it does. He's got this "fingernails across the blackboard" whiney voice, acts like a prick, and looks greasy.

We'll see what happens.

And Harris acts like a coont. Clinton might have been the most unlikeable candidate in our lifetimes, but if its Harris for the donks, she‘ll be to Hillary “Hold my beer“.

Harris isn't Obama but she's got a lot more charisma than DeSantis does. I thought someone would bring up Biden.

DeSantis also has a problem in that he stuck his head up Trump's anus in order to get to the Governorship and did so publicly with things like this:

If he does end up as the Republican candidate for President and I were the Democrats I would run adds featuring THAT ad of his incessantly.

He is joined at the hip with Trump. There are advantages and disadvantages to that. But I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

As I said prior to the 2020 election: There are very strong feelings on both sides of Trump. There are a whole lot of people who are basically in a Trump cult. There are a whole lot of people who can not stand Trump and get very fired up in opposition to him. I think the second group is larger and I think that is a problem for a Republicans who have hitched themselves to Trump to gain traction.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:58 pm

I've said that basic thing for a long time. I was involved in Katrina response and Deepwater Horizon response. In my opinion dignitaries coming to scenes just make things more difficult. Yes, they have a job to do. But they don't need to come be physically present where things are going on to do it. Someone like the President or Vice President of the United States is getting all the data they need to make decisions about things regardless of where they physically are. There was no reason for Obama to go fly around looking at Louisiana when the Deepwater Horizon thing was going on. There was no reason for the dignitary I ran around with in a car so they could have photo ops to be down here. Their physical presence contributed nothing. And it's the same thing with Harris going to the border. Her going to the border, regardless of the specific spot, isn't going to give her a better understanding of what's going on at the border.

I just think it's a shame that we have this cultural thing where we think it's SO important for somebody to do something like that when the opposite is the case and I wish one day SOME politician or leader would tell it like it is on this kind of stuff.
It's a manufacturing thing StOnge, called going to Gemba. How are you going to understand the process if you don't see it with your own eyes and talk to the local people affected by the issue?

You really think some schmuck from Washington DC is going to give Kamala the straight story? Do they even understand the story?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:41 am Liberal logic:

Open the borders
Let the criminals out of prison
Encourage open hostility towards anyone wearing a law enforcement uniform
Stoke the flames of racial tension
Defund the police
Take guns away from law abiding citizens

And then BLAME guns on the skyrocketing violence in America's big cities. Seriously, libs....are y'all REALLY that retarded?
My bet would be that people who self-identify as liberals are notably more intelligent, on average, than people who self-identify as conservatives are.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Open the borders
Defund the police

And then BLAME guns on the skyrocketing violence in America's big cities. Seriously, libs....are y'all REALLY that retarded?
My bet would be that people who self-identify as liberals are notably more intelligent, on average, than people who self-identify as conservatives are.
And yet are devoid of common sense or a sense of realpolitik

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:40 pm

We'll see what happens.

Hilarious. DeSantis has more charisma in his little finger than Biden and Hairy Clamala combined.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:23 pm

It's a manufacturing thing StOnge, called going to Gemba. How are you going to understand the process if you don't see it with your own eyes and talk to the local people affected by the issue?

You really think some schmuck from Washington DC is going to give Kamala the straight story? Do they even understand the story?
Based on personal experience during three major things I was involved in during my lifetime (the third in addition to Katrina and Deepwater Horizon was the Amazon Venture oil spill in Savannah in 1986), my opinion is that talking to the local people is likely to give a dignitary a false perspective if it gives them any perspective at all. You would not BElIEVE some of the nonsense I saw coming from locals during public meetings.

I'd never heard of "Gemba" but I looked it up and I think it's nonsense. To me it's like thinking that, in order to model hurricane trajectories, people who do that need to go stand in the middle of a hurricane. No. They don't.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I don't know if they would be physically in Washington DC, but I am confident that the Federal Government has analysts who understand the situation way more than anybody Harris is going to talk to by making a visit down there. Visiting is not going to give her a better understanding of the situation. It's just not.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Based on personal experience during three major things I was involved in during my lifetime (the third in addition to Katrina and Deepwater Horizon was the Amazon Venture oil spill in Savannah in 1986), my opinion is that talking to the local people is likely to give a dignitary a false perspective if it gives them any perspective at all. You would not BElIEVE some of the nonsense I saw coming from locals during public meetings.

I'd never heard of "Gemba" but I looked it up and I think it's nonsense. To me it's like thinking that, in order to model hurricane trajectories, people who do that need to go stand in the middle of a hurricane. No. They don't.
In fairness to Gemba, I did mention it was a manufacturing thing. While the border isn't a manufacturing process, a lot can be learned from an actual visit.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Whiffed again. Biden gave Chlamydia the Border job. She was tasked by Sleepy Joe, in mid-March, with finding a solution to the immigration crisis. Something to do other than break ties in the Senate and cackle insanely at press conferences. She has a duty to educate herself, and that means getting her sorry, skanky azz down there.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

New Harvard/Harris poll indicates the VP isn’t doing all that well in voter’s eyes

There’s a bunch of “get woke, go broke” in there

https://mcusercontent.com/ca678077bc522 ... _FINAL.pdf

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Open the borders
Defund the police

What about those that self-identify as Libertarian? :roll:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:51 am

They are notably as unrealistic as the purists on either side.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:55 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:51 am

Unrealistic AND rudderless. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:49 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:55 am

Unrealistic AND rudderless. :coffee:
I mean if everyone acted like me I’d be all for it. :mrgreen:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Open the borders
Defund the police

And I’m sure you can pull some “data” out of your arse that would “prove” that. :coffee:

But please don’t. :tothehand:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/rol ... -heat-wave
The unprecedented Northwest U.S. heat wave that slammed Seattle and Portland, Ore., moved inland Tuesday — prompting an electrical utility in Spokane, Wash., to warn that people will face more rolling blackouts amid heavy power demand.

The intense weather that gave Seattle and Portland consecutive days of record high temperatures far exceeding 100 degrees was expected to ease in those cities. But inland Spokane was likely to surpass Monday's high temperature — a record-tying 105 Fahrenheit.

About 8,200 utility customers in parts of Spokane lost power on Monday and Avista Utilities warned that there will be more rolling blackouts on Tuesday in the city of about 220,000 people with the high temperature predicted at 110 F, which would be an all-time record.
But hey, yeah, lets convert ALL cars to electric by 2025 when we can't produce enough energy to heat and cool our homes.

Fucking retards, the lot of 'em.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:41 am

What the heck I'll use that as an excuse to talk about some recreational statistics I did recently. And yes I did it because of the focus on guns.

I got gun ownership rates by country from http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/fileadmi ... annexe.pdf

I got poverty rates by country from https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country

I got homicide rates by country from https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country

I used the UN classifications reported at https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/ ... cation.pdf to identify "'developed" nations.

I won't report a whole lot of specific numbers but, as most of you know, an association is "significant" by convention when p < 0.05.

Anyway, did my thing and saw that there is no significant association between gun ownership rate and homicide rate either for all nations (p = 0.6843) or for developed nations (p = 0.2015). Poverty rate is a different matter. For poverty rate vs. homicide rate it's p = 0.001 for all nations and p <0.0001 for developed nations.

I WILL say that I was able to find an "effect" of gun ownership rate among developed nations when I "controlled" for poverty rate. When I "controlled" for poverty rate among developed nations I got p = 0.0023 for gun ownership rate. So there is that. Didn't work that way for all nations. When I considered all nations and "controlled" for poverty rate I got p = 0.3218 for gun ownership rate.

Someone sick enough to be interested in such things (as I am) can look at various individual comparisons that make it clear it's not as simple as "more guns mean more homicides." For example: Among developed countries, the United States has the highest gun ownership rate and the second highest homicide rate. But the developed country that has the highest homicide rate, Mali, has the second lowest gun ownership rate. 1.1 guns per 100 population as compared to 120.5 for the United States.

Poverty rate is clearly a FAR more important factor. In that regard, seeing that the United States has a relatively high poverty rate among developed nations surprised me. The United States poverty rate is 12th highest among 34 developed nations for which poverty rates are reported.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 am

And I’m sure you can pull some “data” out of your arse that would “prove” that. :coffee:

But please don’t. :tothehand:
There actually are articles on that but since you asked me not to I won't cite them other than to say that a guy who published on it later got in trouble with...you guessed it...liberals. Otherwise I would say it is just what one would reasonably expect. All I said is that would be my bet. Think about it and I think you'd make the same bet if you had to bet.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:38 am https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/rol ... -heat-wave
The unprecedented Northwest U.S. heat wave that slammed Seattle and Portland, Ore., moved inland Tuesday — prompting an electrical utility in Spokane, Wash., to warn that people will face more rolling blackouts amid heavy power demand.

The intense weather that gave Seattle and Portland consecutive days of record high temperatures far exceeding 100 degrees was expected to ease in those cities. But inland Spokane was likely to surpass Monday's high temperature — a record-tying 105 Fahrenheit.

About 8,200 utility customers in parts of Spokane lost power on Monday and Avista Utilities warned that there will be more rolling blackouts on Tuesday in the city of about 220,000 people with the high temperature predicted at 110 F, which would be an all-time record.
But hey, yeah, lets convert ALL cars to electric by 2025 when we can't produce enough energy to heat and cool our homes.

Fucking retards, the lot of 'em.
Bro, CA politicos have been pimping electric cars...

...only to tell electric car owners not to charge their cars at night to help reduce black/brownouts. I shit you not. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

"limited exceptions" :rofl: