Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Holy fucking shit. And these are the woke type people who believe they are enlightened by driving an electric car.

How can that guy be that old and be that worthless?

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:08 pm Holy fucking shit. And these are the woke type people who believe they are enlightened by driving an electric car.

How can that guy be that old and be that worthless?

Well, at least she looks like she has a nice rack.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Damn. Great thread from an Army colonel about “woke” culture.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:57 am Damn. Great thread from an Army colonel about “woke” culture.

Yeah, except what he’s talking about is NOT what the questioners are asking about. He’s talking about caring and being a human being. That a far cry from the crap being taught/required at the academies.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Just need one road raging driver to run these fuckers over.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:16 pm More wokeness from the military.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/defense-secr ... onfederacy
This seems reasonable…

"The installations and facilities that our Department operates are more than vital national security assets. They are also powerful public symbols of our military, and of course, they are the places where our Service members and their families work and live." Austin wrote in a memo to senior officials on Friday. "The names of these installations and facilities should inspire all those who call them home, fully reflect the history and the values of the United States, and commemorate the best of the republic that we are all sworn to protect."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Savage take down here of an idiot.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
This seems reasonable…

"The installations and facilities that our Department operates are more than vital national security assets. They are also powerful public symbols of our military, and of course, they are the places where our Service members and their families work and live." Austin wrote in a memo to senior officials on Friday. "The names of these installations and facilities should inspire all those who call them home, fully reflect the history and the values of the United States, and commemorate the best of the republic that we are all sworn to protect."
I didn't realize that it was woke to remove the names of traitorous losers from military installations.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:02 am Savage take down here of an idiot.

:rofl:

Comparing pediatric cancer to "gender affirming care" is ludicrous.

Where were Stewart's facts? He solely relied on "experts say". You want to line kids up that are too young to buy beer and give them hormones and surgery before that age?

And if you don't think that was selectively edited clip, you haven't been paying attention to his schtick. He's trying to get his lost relevancy back.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:24 am
kalm wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:02 am Savage take down here of an idiot.

Where were Stewart's facts? He solely relied on "experts say". You want to line kids up that are too young to buy beer and give them hormones and surgery before that age?

And if you don't think that was selectively edited clip, you haven't been paying attention to his schtick. He's trying to get his lost relevancy back.
I’m quite positive John Stewart is worried about his relevancy.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Absolutely no issue with changing the names of bases to not honor anyone who fought for the Confederacy. Just a remnant of the Lost Cause movement that, while widely successful for a good century or so, is now widely discredited. Don't see why anyone would have an issue with this.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Absolutely no issue with changing the names of bases to not honor anyone who fought for the Confederacy. Just a remnant of the Lost Cause movement that, while widely successful for a good century or so, is now widely discredited. Don't see why anyone would have an issue with this.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:21 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:24 am

I agree. He lost his relevancy and now he's trying to get it back with this stupid stunt. One in which he employs the appeal to authority fallacy, while making sure to never back up any of his generic statements with facts such as, "giving a 12 year old girl testosterone improves their quality of life by X.". This in addition to his ludicrous comparison to pediatric cancer. :dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:47 am
kalm wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:21 am

I agree. He lost his relevancy and now he's trying to get it back with this stupid stunt. One in which he employs the appeal to authority fallacy, while making sure to never back up any of his generic statements with facts such as, "giving a 12 year old girl testosterone improves their quality of life by X.". This in addition to his ludicrous comparison to pediatric cancer. :dunce:
I can think of millions of reasons why he voluntarily left the Daily Show the least of which is relevancy. Some people have made enough and are ok with semi-retirement and no longer being a slave to a nightly. It’s simply bizarre for you to choose that attack angle with Stewart.

Regarding the litigation you’d prefer government to decide medical/psychiatric care. In the case of 12 year olds (if that’s actually occurring in Arkansas) it’s admittedly strange. But it’s none of my business. How about 17 year olds? Does a magical power somehow appear at 18 years of age that makes gender affirming therapy ok? “Just avoid suicide another year kid and then you can get the help you need”.

Your solution: Let government decide the fate of other people’s kids instead of their parents, Dr’s, and social workers. Because…freedom.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:16 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:47 am

I can think of millions of reasons why he voluntarily left the Daily Show the least of which is relevancy. Some people have made enough and are ok with semi-retirement and no longer being a slave to a nightly. It’s simply bizarre for you to choose that attack angle with Stewart.

Regarding the litigation you’d prefer government to decide medical/psychiatric care. In the case of 12 year olds (if that’s actually occurring in Arkansas) it’s admittedly strange. But it’s none of my business. How about 17 year olds? Does a magical power somehow appear at 18 years of age that makes gender affirming therapy ok? “Just avoid suicide another year kid and then you can get the help you need”.

Your solution: Let government decide the fate of other people’s kids instead of their parents, Dr’s, and social workers. Because…freedom.
You had no problem with government deciding for COVID, so don't trot that out here.

In regards to a magical age, for years the medical direction has always been to wait for children to mature before administering drugs, let alone surgeries that affect hormonal feedback. Kids are still growing. Adults are set.

How about some facts to back up your claims as well, or are you simply going off of feelz? The point was Stewart tried to make someone look bad by using a highly edited, logical fallacy argument with zero facts.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:22 am

You had no problem with government deciding for COVID, so don't trot that out here.

In regards to a magical age, for years the medical direction has always been to wait for children to mature before administering drugs, let alone surgeries that affect hormonal feedback. Kids are still growing. Adults are set.

How about some facts to back up your claims as well, or are you simply going off of feelz? The point was Stewart tried to make someone look bad by using a highly edited, logical fallacy argument with zero facts.
Sexual dysphoria is contagious?

The medical direction is suggesting gender therapy.

What facts are you looking for?

Why do you hate freedom and America?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

But it's okay even funny when trump does this?

But trump, tDS, blah, blah, blah.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:36 am

Can you quantify gender therapy improvements for me? How about telling me if testosterone were given to an 8 year old girl, it improved her life by how many percent? You know, facts.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:14 am
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:36 am

Can you quantify gender therapy improvements for me? How about telling me if testosterone were given to an 8 year old girl, it improved her life by how many percent? You know, facts.
I don’t need to. I’m not a doctor or psychologist and it’s also none of my damn business.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:17 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:14 am

I don’t need to. I’m not a doctor or psychologist and it’s also none of my damn business.
But yet you're advocating/dispensing medical advice/treatments without any understanding of the benefit or harm? :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:38 am
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:17 am

But yet you're advocating/dispensing medical advice/treatments without any understanding of the benefit or harm? :coffee:
I’m trusting in medical experts and organizations to help parents and adolescents make their own decisions. I don’t need a deep contrarian dive into other people’s children’s gender identification.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:05 am

I’m trusting in medical experts and organizations to help parents and adolescents make their own decisions. I don’t need a deep contrarian dive into other people’s children’s gender identification.
You are trusting medical experts and organizations that cannot back up their claims with facts. It's all feelz. You're also backing money grubbers.

Little story. The company I used to work for developed a colorectal cancer test by analyzing stool samples. The test would detect abnormal DNA, possible cancer, and if you were positive, you were then told to get a colonoscopy.

The reason the test was developed was of course to make money, but also because 50% of Americans do not get Colonoscopies. This would have driven that number up.

The Gastroenterologists fought this tooth and nail because they were afraid it would take away their business. They got downright nasty. They didn't give two shits about actually screening more people and thus saving more lives. They only cared about the money.

The same is not only true here, but even more nefarious. Doctors and organizations are willing to mutilate and drug kids without facts, all for a dollar.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:05 am

This is a strange line of thinking you're following. By the same measure, anything that places a restriction on children is government overreach. Age to drive, age to drink, age of consent (JSO's favorite), age to work 40 hours or more in a week, age to leave school, age to be conscripted, age to basically do anything. All government overreach that interferes with freedom. Is that what you're really preaching here?