Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:32 am Lol no one wants to be seen in public drinking it.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/red-sox-f ... ghost-town

Any vendor at any sporting event, esp motor sports or rodeo, would be dumb to try and sell Bud Light it now. Just go with Coors Lite or Miller Lite, both of whos sales are up 20+ %..
No thanks, I'll have a beer. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Look at the color! It's perfect for tailgating at Bridgeforth in the fall. Just think about how far you could throw a streamer after downing a couple of these. :lol:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:24 am Image

Look at the color! It's perfect for tailgating at Bridgeforth in the fall. Just think about how far you could throw a streamer after downing a couple of these. :lol:
:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Those beers are a perfect match for UNI.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:38 pm

As well as our brothers in purple, the JMU Dukes ...

It's difficult to the compete with the Dukes though, our gay streamer-throwing tradition isn't nearly as big of a deal it is at Bridgeforth.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:54 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:38 pm
As well as our brothers in purple, the JMU Dukes ...

It's difficult to the compete with the Dukes though, our gay streamer-throwing tradition isn't nearly as big of a deal it is at Bridgeforth.
He was going with the black and purple, which UNI doesn't wear anymore. Thus we need the black and purple JMU to match it

Better yet, let's use this one given the context

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

A Colorado school board was taken over by Trump-loving conservatives. Now nearly half its high school teachers are bailing.
Nearly 40% of the district's high school teachers have decided to leave at the end of this school year, a district administrator told NBC News.

And at least 4 higher-ups in the district have quit over the new board's policies, according to interviews and emails viewed by NBC News.
I'm not sure how attacking public education, taking away the opportunities it provides to lower income students and essentially gutting America as the Land of Opportunity is "Making America Great Again".
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:38 pm A Colorado school board was taken over by Trump-loving conservatives. Now nearly half its high school teachers are bailing.
Nearly 40% of the district's high school teachers have decided to leave at the end of this school year, a district administrator told NBC News.

And at least 4 higher-ups in the district have quit over the new board's policies, according to interviews and emails viewed by NBC News.
I'm not sure how attacking public education, taking away the opportunities it provides to lower income students and essentially gutting America as the Land of Opportunity is "Making America Great Again".
I know of a similar thing on the verge happening in Montana right now. Not good.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:45 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:38 pm A Colorado school board was taken over by Trump-loving conservatives. Now nearly half its high school teachers are bailing.

I know of a similar thing on the verge happening in Montana right now. Not good.
Pig-ignorant and fucking proud of it
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:29 pm

Pig-ignorant and fucking proud of it
Yep…and/or intentional. Make government so dysfunctional that private schools, police forces, recreation facilities, libraries, transportation etc. are the only way to go…for those who can afford it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

“Reawaken America” tour? Sounds woke if you ask me. At least it’s not Christo-fascist tho.
The Trump National Doral resort will host two antisemites who have promoted pro-Adolf Hitler propaganda and spread virulently antisemitic conspiracy theories. They will be speaking at an event in Miami alongside numerous Team Trump personalities, including Eric Trump, Lara Trump, and Devin Nunes.

Trump Doral speaker Scott McKay, who has a streaming show on Rumble, has claimed that Jewish people orchestrated 9/11 and were responsible for the assassinations of Presidents Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, and William McKinley. He has also said that Jewish people routinely torture children and eat their hearts.

He has praised Hitler for supposedly trying to take down a Jewish banking system and said, “Hitler was actually fighting the same people that we're trying to take down today.”

Trump Doral speaker Charlie Ward, who also streams a show on Rumble, has shared posts praising Hitler for supposedly “warning us” about Judaism; claiming that “VIRUSES are Man (JEW) made”; and attacking the alleged Jewish media for supposedly lying about the Holocaust.

The two are featured speakers in the “ReAwaken America” tour, which is set to stop at Trump’s Miami hotel on May 12 and 13. Scheduled to speak alongside McKay and Ward are numerous members of Trump’s orbit, including: Eric Trump, Lara Trump, former Trump economic adviser Peter Navarro, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former senior Department of Defense official Kash Patel, former acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker, Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes, and Trump ally Roger Stone.

Numerous other far-right conspiracy theorists will be speaking, including Stella Immanuel, Mel K, Liz Crokin, Ann Vandersteel, Mike Lindell, and Patrick Byrne.

Media outlets have previously noted that the tour, which has been holding events across the country, has also featured QAnon supporters, conspiracy theories, and Christian nationalist rhetoric.
https://www.mediamatters.org/eric-trump ... trump-lara
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

And the Left says "hold my beer" ... Colorado mom sues school that recruited sixth-graders for secret after-school gender and sexuality club

Why do the whackadoodles on the left and right have so much disrespect for parents?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

So taking a shit on a gay pride flag is a worse punishment than taking a shit on an American flag (or any other for that matter). What a joke.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Meanwhile AB Inbev’s stock has fallen about 8% (was 66.73 on 3/31, the day before Mulvaney promoted the Trans Lite, closed today 61.43). Today AB Inbev’s stock got downgraded by Wall Street analysts…
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

DeSantis, saving us from wokism.
Under Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, the state has made an effort to clamp down on what he calls “woke indoctrination,” mostly regarding race and gender. The textbooks’ rejection is the latest example of how that drive is affecting Jewish topics as well.

One of this year’s rejected Holocaust textbooks was called “Modern Genocides,” and the other was an online learning course titled “History of the Holocaust.” Both were intended for high school students.

“Modern Genocides” was rejected in part for its discussion of “special topics” prohibited by the state. The list of such topics includes terms such as “social justice” and “critical race theory,”a phrase that traditionally concerns a method of legal analysis but that Republicans have used pejoratively to refer to discussion of systemic racism in the United States. The department did not clarify which prohibited “special topics” the book included.

Both of the rejected works also received low scores from the state’s educational review committee, which determines whether a book meets state requirements for instruction on its topic.

https://www.jta.org/2023/05/11/united-s ... nstruction
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SCOTUS has gone woke ...

U.S. Supreme Court Unanimously Sides with Transgender Refugee, Affirming Her Identity in Historic Ruling
The U.S. Supreme Court this week passed a decision that makes history not just for its impact on the law — but for its language about transgender people and non-citizens living in the United States.

Every judge — including the most conservative on the court — agreed with the court's ruling, and traditionally right-leaning justices co-signed the official opinion of the court, which uses proper she/her pronouns to describe a transgender woman who fled Guatemala after being assaulted and persecuted on the basis of her gender identity and sexual orientation.

The opinion also referred to the petitioner as a non-citizen, rather than an "illegal alien" (a dehumanizing term that has been in conservative opinions in the past).
And restored some of my faith in humanity.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:35 pm SCOTUS has gone woke ...

U.S. Supreme Court Unanimously Sides with Transgender Refugee, Affirming Her Identity in Historic Ruling
The U.S. Supreme Court this week passed a decision that makes history not just for its impact on the law — but for its language about transgender people and non-citizens living in the United States.

Every judge — including the most conservative on the court — agreed with the court's ruling, and traditionally right-leaning justices co-signed the official opinion of the court, which uses proper she/her pronouns to describe a transgender woman who fled Guatemala after being assaulted and persecuted on the basis of her gender identity and sexual orientation.

The opinion also referred to the petitioner as a non-citizen, rather than an "illegal alien" (a dehumanizing term that has been in conservative opinions in the past).
And restored some of my faith in humanity.
That part should be easy - if an adult wants to be something else, more power to them. This is a free country and it's everyone's freedom to be who they want to be. Easy enough to do that in writing as well. As for the illegal alien, sure, technically nothing wrong with that, but if people feel better using non-citizen that works too. Six of one half a dozen of another.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Meanwhile AB Inbev’s stock has fallen about 8% (was 66.73 on 3/31, the day before Mulvaney promoted the Trans Lite, closed today 61.43). Today AB Inbev’s stock got downgraded by Wall Street analysts…
Once they start drinking real beer its all over ...
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:32 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Sound like BL is on its last breath.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-b ... 4744557403
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:09 pm

The world will be a better place without it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol way to post an outdated article. Said AB was nearly $66 a share. Closed Fri at $61.43. Said was diwn 17%. Was down 26% as of last week.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:25 pm

Lol way to post an outdated article. Said AB was nearly $66 a share. Closed Fri at $61.43. Said was diwn 17%. Was down 26% as of last week.
Oh.

Well sorry, I’m not hyper focused on BL losing. I’m sure they’ll never recover from this.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

More freedom from Desantis’s Florida…
A Florida teacher is under investigation by the state Department of Education after what she believes is a targeted attack by a school board member who took issue with a Disney movie shown in her classroom.

At a Hernando County School Board meeting Tuesday, fifth-grade teacher Jenna Barbee alleges school board member Shannon Rodriguez reported her to DOE for showing her students Disney's 2022 movie "Strange World." It's the first Disney movie with an out, gay character.

Barbee, a teacher at Winding Waters K-8, said during public comment the Disney movie tied into her students' Earth science lesson and did not have sexually inappropriate content.

"The word indoctrination is thrown around a lot right now, but it seems that those who are using it are using it as a defense tactic for their own fear-based beliefs without understanding the true meaning of the word," Barbee said at the lectern.
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 211841007/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Miller Lite to Bud Light: Hold my beer.

These people have no idea who their customer base is if they think there’s something wrong with beer commercials with chicks in bikinis.

On top of that the dumb broad in the commercial spouted off several lies.
Women were the ones doing the brewing
WRONG. Women may have been doing SOME brewing, but the majority were still men. And even if women were doing the majority, the way she said it implied women were thr only ones doing it.
So here’s to women, because without us there would be no beer.
Again wrong, see above.
https://nypost.com/2023/05/15/miller-li ... -disaster/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Here’s an example of what a good beer commercial should have: Hot chicks in bikinis & skimpy outfits, tailgating, and football. Its from 20+ years ago/early 2000s I think.

Unfortunately they din’t seem to make them like this anymore..