UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:28 am
kalm wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:03 am
We tend to be comforted by the “normal” we grew up with. Getting used to change or divergence from the norm alone can be challenging. EG: we have a transitioning relative who’ve we known her whole life as one name and gender and are now expected to remember the new identity. I thought this would be easy enough for me…to avoid dead naming and misused pronouns. It hasn’t been. But it’s a small ask compared to what she’s going through and the courage required to make the shift.

Then there’s the suspicion for some of it all being a fad rather than natural.

I’m surprised you had to ask.
Ah. I can see where a relative you've known would be difficult. I had no problems with the transition of one of my coworkers, but as you stated, I didn't grow up with that person my whole life.

The part about fads is due to the lack of scientific rigor in the field coupled with an almost militant attacking of anyone who isn't 100% onboard. The movement is its own worst enemy. I see it in the autism field every day.
The almost militant attacking comes from both sides.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:57 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:28 am

Ah. I can see where a relative you've known would be difficult. I had no problems with the transition of one of my coworkers, but as you stated, I didn't grow up with that person my whole life.

The part about fads is due to the lack of scientific rigor in the field coupled with an almost militant attacking of anyone who isn't 100% onboard. The movement is its own worst enemy. I see it in the autism field every day.
Agreed. It isn't helping to get to a common answer.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:00 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:57 am

I don’t disagree but should we be surprised when a repressed population becomes “militant” regarding their rights?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:27 am

My issue is I'm disparagingly known as a curebie. I want a cure for my son and many autism supporters are aghast I want to "change" my son. This abhorrence is usually from neurotypicals or high functioning autistics. They have no idea.

In regards to the increase in transgenderism and autism, I have a hypothesis, and it ties into my biggest fear. We have polluted our environment with chemicals and this is affecting development. Way too many hormone disrupters in our environment. Have you been paying attention to the PFAS discussion? They e recently said "oops", we were wrong and forever chemicals are out there and causing problems.
Not all PFAS are created equal and be careful making blanket statements. The "science" on this is very much up in the air and is heavily disputed. Just as much bunk science in this as during COVID. :twocents:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:39 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:00 am
I don’t disagree but should we be surprised when a repressed population becomes “militant” regarding their rights?
If they were truly liberal they would have an open mind and work towards equality and respect not punishing the other side for past oppression.

And should we be surprised when a population becomes "militant" about maintaining their perceived rights.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Kudos to this 12 year old.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:04 am

My issue is I'm disparagingly known as a curebie. I want a cure for my son and many autism supporters are aghast I want to "change" my son. This abhorrence is usually from neurotypicals or high functioning autistics. They have no idea.

In regards to the increase in transgenderism and autism, I have a hypothesis, and it ties into my biggest fear. We have polluted our environment with chemicals and this is affecting development. Way too many hormone disrupters in our environment. Have you been paying attention to the PFAS discussion? They e recently said "oops", we were wrong and forever chemicals are out there and causing problems.
Not all PFAS are created equal and be careful making blanket statements. The "science" on this is very much up in the air and is heavily disputed. Just as much bunk science in this as during COVID. :twocents:
Good to know. I read one article on Google, so it keeps sending me hits on the subject. Made me think they'd had a major realization.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:36 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:04 am

Good to know. I read one article on Google, so it keeps sending me hits on the subject. Made me think they'd had a major realization.
They did not. What I can say on the matter (I have been tangentially involved in it from a work standpoint for a few years) is that it started with old fire fighting foam used on Air Force bases for plane crashes (to the best of my knowledge). This was found in very, very minute qualities in one or two bases but not confirmed though follow up studies and assumed that it came from the foam that had a similar chemical makeup. To the best of my knowledge there may be transference on certain liquid products that contain one of the derivations that fall under the PFAS label (there are 10,000's of chemical combinations that carry this designation). There are reputable studies being done but nothing conclusive that there is actually transference to humans that causes harm (lot of funded studies to come to a desirable outcome of the funder). The knee-jerk reaction is to ban all PFAS but if we wanted that, we would need to accept 1930's living quality (that is how prevalent these are in our society) as there are NO known substitutes for most of them currently in production or future production (lab R&D) that are a direct re-placement. Best guess is 7-10 years to come up with a replacement.

My personal belief is that some of the variations need to be studied and possibly restricted in areas that have enough human contact in a state that is transferable. Most of the variations are completely inert.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:05 am

I’m sure you do. It’s true of all suspected neurodivergence including ADHD and bi-polar. Tough to clearly define and still relatively misunderstood by the masses. This has to be tough and at times extremely frustrating for you to deal with.

:nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:12 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:09 am

Sure, and herniorrhaphy is also genital mutilation, bariatric surgery is digestive mutilation, tonsillectomies are oral mutilation, treating a cleft lip is facial mutilation, etc.
Yeah those are even remotely close to the equivalent of trying to change a dick to vagina and vice versa.. :roll:
The outrage bar keeps getting set higher with every generation.

Back in the day all we had to do crank up the old folks was grow our hair long, turn up the Jefferson Airplane, and smoke dope. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:04 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:36 am

They did not. What I can say on the matter (I have been tangentially involved in it from a work standpoint for a few years) is that it started with old fire fighting foam used on Air Force bases for plane crashes (to the best of my knowledge). This was found in very, very minute qualities in one or two bases but not confirmed though follow up studies and assumed that it came from the foam that had a similar chemical makeup. To the best of my knowledge there may be transference on certain liquid products that contain one of the derivations that fall under the PFAS label (there are 10,000's of chemical combinations that carry this designation). There are reputable studies being done but nothing conclusive that there is actually transference to humans that causes harm (lot of funded studies to come to a desirable outcome of the funder). The knee-jerk reaction is to ban all PFAS but if we wanted that, we would need to accept 1930's living quality (that is how prevalent these are in our society) as there are NO known substitutes for most of them currently in production or future production (lab R&D) that are a direct re-placement. Best guess is 7-10 years to come up with a replacement.

My personal belief is that some of the variations need to be studied and possibly restricted in areas that have enough human contact in a state that is transferable. Most of the variations are completely inert.
Just to be on the safe side, I went to stainless steel cookware years ago! :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:03 pm
The latest sales data from NielsenIQ and Bump Williams Consulting shows that Bud Light sales fell 17% in dollars, while volume dropped a whopping 21% in the week ended April 15.

That’s sharply ahead of the 6% drop in sales dollars and 11% drop in volume that Bud Light had suffered during the week ended April 8 — the seven days that immediately followed the April 1 launch of the controversial Mulvaney campaign on social media….

…“These numbers are staggering,” says an April 23 report from Insights Express, a beer-focused newsletter. “Right now this is an extremely difficult scenario for Anheuser Busch, the Bud Light brand and for AB distributors….

…..Bud Light lost 6.7% of market share last week, while Coors Light and Miller Lite are up 18%, according to the newsletter. A week earlier, Coors Light’s market share was up 10.6% over the same period and Miller Lite up 11.5…..

…Overall, Bud Light’s volume declined by 34.7% at bars, restaurants and other venues between April 2 and April 15, according to BeerBoard. Bud Light dropped to the No. 4 draft beer from No. 3 during the second week of the controversy, switching places with Coors Light, Brewbound reported on Monday…
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/04/24 ... in-n736461

In addition to the marketing pres and VP getting shitcanned, I bet the ABinBev CEO gets canned. Go woke, go broke.
Couple day old news. It keeps getting worse for Trans Lite. Down 26%…
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... r-AA1aBjNn
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Re: The Official

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:10 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:00 pm
Yeah, a commemorative can of an ‘alleged’ beer of the white working class, blue collar, rednecks, etc, for a cross dressing, mentally ill guy, pretending to be a woman, who promotes gender multilation in children, to promote on a communist Chinese social media site. But if you don’t think that’s right and don’t buy and drink Bud Lite, your a Karen!
College kids also drink by bud light.

Is everyone in the working class blue collar world straight?

How do know she’s mentally ill?

The worst part about China is not only are they commies but gay commies. The worst kind!
Failed to reply 3 weeks ago. Anyway, not when I was in college. Mid-late 90s it was Beast Lite and Natty Lite at my frat, and all the frats at JMU for that matter. The cheapest shit we could get that was labeled beer we’d buy. I remember several times it was ‘Olympia’. Bud Lite was a step up in price that I rarely saw. I drank my fair share of beer, and I don’t remember drinking Bud Lite at all, although I’m sure I did on a couple occasions…
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Lawl..

Bearded Man Enters Women's Poker Tournament, Crushes the Competition
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/05/03 ... on-n740959

Response of one pro:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:26 am AZ, did you have this training video when you were in the Navy?
WATCH: Here's how the Navy teaches sailors to use the 'right' pronouns

Footage from a Navy instructional video on how to use the "right" pronouns went viral Monday.

"Using the right pronouns is a simple way to affirm someone's identity," Jony Rozon, an engineer with the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, says in footage of the video posted online…

…"Instead of saying something like 'Hey guys,' you can say, 'Hey everybody,' Rozon explains.

Including pronouns in emails and introducing oneself with pronouns are also steps sailors can take to mitigate the risk of misgendering someone, according to the video.

However, if misgendering happens, the video says there are steps to take.

"You correct yourself and move on, or you accept the correction and move on," says Conchy Vasquez, an engineer with the Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

"The most important thing I can tell you is, do not put the burden of making you feel good about your mistake on the person you just misgendered."

While misgendering is terrible, one must not pressure another person into divulging that person's pronouns, according to the video.

"Some people may be going through the process of discovery, and they are not ready yet to tell you what their pronouns are, and that's OK," according to Vasquez.

"It is a signal of acceptance and respect," he continues.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... s-military
No wonder the Navy is missing its recruiting goal. From the guy who killed OBL.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:05 am Kudos to this 12 year old.
How is this any different than Greta Thunberg? Weren't people critical of her, saying that she was too young to be talking out on what she was and that she was really just a prop and mouthpiece for her parents and the adults around her?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:46 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:05 am Kudos to this 12 year old.
How is this any different than Greta Thunberg? Weren't people critical of her, saying that she was too young to be talking out on what she was and that she was really just a prop and mouthpiece for her parents and the adults around her?
Not to mention he mentions his rights…as a 12 year old…to wear a t-shirt. Then there’s his insistence of only two genders.

I applaud his courage in speaking up, but he needs to study the constitution and science more. Probably his parents too.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:22 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:03 pm
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/04/24 ... in-n736461

In addition to the marketing pres and VP getting shitcanned, I bet the ABinBev CEO gets canned. Go woke, go broke.
Couple day old news. It keeps getting worse for Trans Lite. Down 26%…
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... r-AA1aBjNn
The world will be a better place without that sorry excuse for beer. :thumb:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:17 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:26 am AZ, did you have this training video when you were in the Navy?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... s-military
Yo Z!

Go Navy! :lmao:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:08 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:17 pm
Yo Z!

The Navy is recruiting more ‘Seamen’…
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:58 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:08 am

Yo Z!

Next thing you know they'll be throwing streamers all over their ships ...

;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:51 pm

;)
And having Cher perform live on a carrier deck and shit.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol no one wants to be seen in public drinking it.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/red-sox-f ... ghost-town

Any vendor at any sporting event, esp motor sports or rodeo, would be dumb to try and sell Bud Light it now. Just go with Coors Lite or Miller Lite, both of whos sales are up 20+ %..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:51 pm

;)
Hey look! Its the USS Fabulous!