Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:10 am
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:05 am

:nod:

The main problem with our Ed system is socio economic and parenting related.
While both are problems there are several studies showing that both of your items can be overcome by good teachers and good schools. You forgot to include the problems of teacher unions protecting shitty teachers and mandates to make schools teach stupid shit instead of teaching things that should be taught.
It's a trifecta with the long pole in the long pole in the tent being awful teachers.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:50 am
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:17 am

True…but one bad teacher can also be overcome.

What amounts to stupid shit is subjective and like everything else, hyper-political theses days.
Actually one bad teacher can really F things up. Kids can lose a year of growth in their education from one bad teacher.

And think about it - that's what most states did to kids last year. Gave them a shitty education. :ohno:

And Arne Duncan is a perfect example of why the Federal Dept. of Education should be eliminated.
Eliminating unions won’t remove shitty teachers completely
either. Overcoming shitty teachers and learning through a pandemic are parenting responsibilities too.

Both of my sons survived shitty teachers somehow.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:26 am

Actually one bad teacher can really F things up. Kids can lose a year of growth in their education from one bad teacher.

And think about it - that's what most states did to kids last year. Gave them a shitty education. :ohno:

And Arne Duncan is a perfect example of why the Federal Dept. of Education should be eliminated.
either. Overcoming shitty teachers and learning through a pandemic are parenting responsibilities too.

You take unions out of the equation and you have to deal with the loud parents who demand a teacher be fired because little Johnny didn't enjoy his time in that teacher's classroom. Teacher unions still serve a purpose (unlike most other unions elsewhere) - they give us a buffer between the noisy whackos in the community and the everyday operation of the school itself. You think we have a dearth of good teachers now - see who wants to stay in that job knowing that getting assigned that kid from the crazy parents means tiptoeing all year just to keep your job. That's not a recipe for attracting good teachers.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I never said eliminate teacher unions. I said they are part of the problem.

And your kids have good parents which can help them overcome the shitty teacher/education. Now imagine a kid with shitty parents and a shitty teacher. That kid is screwed.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:31 am

And your kids have good parents which can help them overcome the shitty teacher/education. Now imagine a kid with shitty parents and a shitty teacher. That kid is screwed.
My bad.

So how do we make unions better?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:51 am

My bad.

So how do we make unions better?
Not protect the really shitty teachers?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

A story as old as time. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

In the formative words of Judge Schmayles...."the world needs ditch diggers too"....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:26 am Eliminating unions won’t remove shitty teachers completely

You take unions out of the equation and you have to deal with the loud parents who demand a teacher be fired because little Johnny didn't enjoy his time in that teacher's classroom. Teacher unions still serve a purpose (unlike most other unions elsewhere) - they give us a buffer between the noisy whackos in the community and the everyday operation of the school itself. You think we have a dearth of good teachers now - see who wants to stay in that job knowing that getting assigned that kid from the crazy parents means tiptoeing all year just to keep your job. That's not a recipe for attracting good teachers.
Teachers unions are like police unions. They protect bad teachers and cops, and they bargain with elected officials who have no incentives to be good stewards of public monies.

Civil service protections provide all the protections of unions for frivolous personnel actions without the problems associated with public service unions and their ridiculous contracts.

But those unions are only as powerful as the state and local governments that enable them. And the lions share of union dues go to putting and keeping union friendly legislators and governors in office. So public sector unions in non-right to work states are here to stay. The only way you kill political/government systems is to starve them, and interstate migration is how that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:47 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we’be had multiple press conferences in the last few days where Biden has let slip ‘I’ve been instructed to’ or ‘I’ve been told to’ which clearly indicates Biden isn’t making the decisions/calling the shots. So if Biden didn’t make the decison to pull out of Afghanistan the way we did, who was it that did? Who is the one behind the curtain who made the decision? Who is the real POTUS here? Or is it a POTUS by committee calling the shots?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:31 am Now imagine a kid with shitty parents and a shitty teacher. That kid is screwed.
Sad, but true. This is why I've really changed my outlook on criminals and deviants. I have a lot more pity on folks doing bad stuff than I used to.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:31 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:47 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we’be had multiple press conferences in the last few days where Biden has let slip ‘I’ve been instructed to’ or ‘I’ve been told to’ which clearly indicates Biden isn’t making the decisions/calling the shots. So if Biden didn’t make the decison to pull out of Afghanistan the way we did, who was it that did? Who is the one behind the curtain who made the decision? Who is the real POTUS here? Or is it a POTUS by committee calling the shots?
I would guess that plenty of Presidents have been given instructions/suggestions on whose questions they should answer. Biden's problem isn't that he was given instructions, it's that he doesn't have the cognitive sense not to admit it to the press.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:33 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:31 am Now imagine a kid with shitty parents and a shitty teacher. That kid is screwed.
Sad, but true. This is why I've really changed my outlook on criminals and deviants. I have a lot more pity on folks doing bad stuff than I used to.
See! Drinking was never my problem. I had shitty parents.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:05 am
Baldy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:52 am
Plus, the guy was head of the Department of Education for eight years.

No wonder why our education system is so fucked up now. :nod:
:nod:

The main problem with our Ed system is socio economic and parenting related.
:nod: Vouchers/free choice would alleviate some of these issues.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

I'm shocked! The guy who exposed himself to women and children at the Wi Spa women's locker room is a registered sex offender. It NEVER occurred to me someone would lie about orientation.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/02/charges-f ... -incident/
Law-enforcement sources revealed that Merager is a tier-one registered sex offender with two prior convictions of indecent exposure stemming from incidents in 2002 and 2003 in California. She declined to comment on the convictions. In 2008, she was convicted for failing to register as a sex offender.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:25 am I'm shocked! The guy who exposed himself to women and children at the Wi Spa women's locker room is a registered sex offender. It NEVER occurred to me someone would lie about orientation.

Law-enforcement sources revealed that Merager is a tier-one registered sex offender with two prior convictions of indecent exposure stemming from incidents in 2002 and 2003 in California. She declined to comment on the convictions. In 2008, she was convicted for failing to register as a sex offender.
And think of how many leftards protested for the right of a sex offender to expose himself to women amd girls..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:32 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:25 am I'm shocked! The guy who exposed himself to women and children at the Wi Spa women's locker room is a registered sex offender. It NEVER occurred to me someone would lie about orientation.

And think of how many leftards protested for the right of a sex offender to expose himself to women amd girls..
Were people protesting the right for sex offenders to commit crimes? I don't think that's what equality is about...I could be mistaken. Personally, you're either XX or XY or whatever hermaphrodites are. You can physically alter your appearance but i'm not sure you can alter your genetic code enough to change genders.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:50 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:32 am
Were people protesting the right for sex offenders to commit crimes? I don't think that's what equality is about...I could be mistaken. Personally, you're either XX or XY or whatever hermaphrodites are. You can physically alter your appearance but i'm not sure you can alter your genetic code enough to change genders.
They were protesting for the right of a man to go to the women’s area of a spa, and be allowed to expose himself to women and girls.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:56 am

They were protesting for the right of a man to go to the women’s area of a spa, and be allowed to expose himself to women and girls.
I think you're exaggerating that. Conversely, were they protesting the right for a woman to enter a mans locker room and flash her tits...or just use the locker room? I don't think their intent was for me to go in there and wag my penis in women's faces. Nobody was protesting for the right for sexual offenders to offend. But it happens. :twocents:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Kind of like Trump walking through the Miss USA pageant dressing room and ogling the contestants ... :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:33 am
Kind of like Trump walking through the Miss USA pageant dressing room and ogling the contestants ... :coffee:
Hey now. I watched multiple seasons of America's Next Top Model and they all loved that stuff. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am
I think you're exaggerating that. Conversely, were they protesting the right for a woman to enter a mans locker room and flash her tits...or just use the locker room? I don't think their intent was for me to go in there and wag my penis in women's faces. Nobody was protesting for the right for sexual offenders to offend. But it happens. :twocents:
There was a counter protest and of course it was mostly Antifa saying it was her right to be in the women's locker room. The usual. Lots of yelling and a few fights.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:44 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am
There was a counter protest and of course it was mostly Antifa saying it was her right to be in the women's locker room. The usual. Lots of yelling and a few fights.
That doesn't answer my question. BDK states there were protests for the right of someone to commit a crime.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Not unless Trump walked through there naked, and the Miss USA were naked..and there were some underage girls there to boot.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:09 pm
Not unless Trump walked through there naked, and the Miss USA were naked..and there were some underage girls there to boot.
So an older male ogling young women in various states of undress is ok as long as he isn't naked too?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:43 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:09 pm
So an older male ogling young women in various states of undress is ok as long as he isn't naked too?
No. But your the one who threw out a ‘But Trump’ red herring trying to compare what Trump did to the Wi Spa incident. Not even comparable.