AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:26 pm

He's killing trees and adding to the carbon footprint. Next thing you know, he'll be drinking milk and eating red meat from oppressed cows. :D
Motherfucker!!!
That’s it....let that rage OUT....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Deep breath...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:09 pm Did y'all hear the CNN report? He likes to have the White House fire place lit, and sometimes he'll put a log on the fire- by himself.
Heard he likes ice cream, too.
Pssh. Tell me when they are Worthers Originals in every candy dish. :tothehand:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Why Trumpers need to be listened to. Because liberal and Jesus.

Great fucking think piece from Hedges... :nod:

“Those viewing the film were a group convened by the National Student Association and included New Left radicals of the sixties, representing Students for a Democratic Society, the Port Huron group, young white men and women who had led protests at campuses across the country, burned down buildings, coined the term “pigs” to refer to police. Many were from affluent families.

“They were students in or recent graduates of rich and leading colleges and universities,” he writes of the audience. “They were mean and tough but somehow, I sensed that there wasn’t a radical in the bunch. For if they were radical how could they laugh at a poor ignorant farmer who didn’t know his left hand from his right? If they had been radical they would have been weeping, asking what had produced him. And if they had been radical they would not have been sitting, soaking up a film produced for their edification and enjoyment by the Establishment of the establishment — CBS.”

Campbell, who was asked to address the group following the film, said: “My name is Will Campbell. I’m a Baptist preacher. I’m a native of Mississippi. And I’m pro-Klansman because I’m pro-human being.”

Pandemonium erupted in the hall. He was shouted down as a “fascist pig” and a “Mississippi redneck.” Most walked out.

“Just four words uttered — ‘pro-Klansman Mississippi Baptist preacher,’ coupled with one visual image, white, had turned them into everything they thought the Ku Klux Klan to be — hostile, frustrated, angry, violent and irrational,” he writes. “And I was never able to explain to them that pro-Klansman is not the same as pro-Klan. That the former has to do with a person, the other with an ideology.”

https://www.mintpressnews.com/chris-hed ... U7avESRJqg
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:50 am Why Trumpers need to be listened to. Because liberal and Jesus.

“Those viewing the film were a group convened by the National Student Association and included New Left radicals of the sixties, representing Students for a Democratic Society, the Port Huron group, young white men and women who had led protests at campuses across the country, burned down buildings, coined the term “pigs” to refer to police. Many were from affluent families.

“They were students in or recent graduates of rich and leading colleges and universities,” he writes of the audience. “They were mean and tough but somehow, I sensed that there wasn’t a radical in the bunch. For if they were radical how could they laugh at a poor ignorant farmer who didn’t know his left hand from his right? If they had been radical they would have been weeping, asking what had produced him. And if they had been radical they would not have been sitting, soaking up a film produced for their edification and enjoyment by the Establishment of the establishment — CBS.”

Campbell, who was asked to address the group following the film, said: “My name is Will Campbell. I’m a Baptist preacher. I’m a native of Mississippi. And I’m pro-Klansman because I’m pro-human being.”

Pandemonium erupted in the hall. He was shouted down as a “fascist pig” and a “Mississippi redneck.” Most walked out.

“Just four words uttered — ‘pro-Klansman Mississippi Baptist preacher,’ coupled with one visual image, white, had turned them into everything they thought the Ku Klux Klan to be — hostile, frustrated, angry, violent and irrational,” he writes. “And I was never able to explain to them that pro-Klansman is not the same as pro-Klan. That the former has to do with a person, the other with an ideology.”

There are some good points in there.
Campbell would have reminded us that the demonization of the Trump supporters who stormed the capital is a terrible mistake. He would have reminded us that racial injustice will only be solved with economic justice. He would have called on us to reach out to those who do not think like us, do not speak like us, are ridiculed by polite society, but who suffer the same economic marginalization. He knew that the disparities of wealth, loss of status and hope for the future, coupled with prolonged social dislocation, generated the poisoned solidarity that give rise to groups such as the Klan or the Proud Boys.

We cannot heal wounds we refuse to acknowledge.
To understand is not to condone. But if the ruling elites, and their courtiers masquerading as journalists, continue to gleefully erase these people from the media landscape, to attack them as less than human, or as Hillary Clinton called them “deplorables,” while at the same time refusing to address the grotesque social inequality that has left them vulnerable and afraid, it will fuel ever greater levels of extremism and ever greater levels of state repression and censorship.
I don't think that capitalism by itself is the problem, the American corporatocracy's incestuous obsession with short-term profit over building great companies has corrupted capitalism and is a big part of the problem.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:42 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:44 am

China Joe purposely did not say Tibet, aka Western Mountains.
Well, eliminates any debate or doubt that Biden* is bought and paid for by China. Something anyone with a brain saw long before this townhall. :coffee:
But at least he doesn't tweet mean things.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:45 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:42 am

Well, eliminates any debate or doubt that Biden* is bought and paid for by China. Something anyone with a brain saw long before this townhall. :coffee:
But at least he doesn't tweet mean things.
and he likes cozy fires in the fireplace, playing Luigi with the grandkids, and making smores on the south lawn.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:15 am
kalm wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:50 am Why Trumpers need to be listened to. Because liberal and Jesus.

Campbell would have reminded us that the demonization of the Trump supporters who stormed the capital is a terrible mistake. He would have reminded us that racial injustice will only be solved with economic justice. He would have called on us to reach out to those who do not think like us, do not speak like us, are ridiculed by polite society, but who suffer the same economic marginalization. He knew that the disparities of wealth, loss of status and hope for the future, coupled with prolonged social dislocation, generated the poisoned solidarity that give rise to groups such as the Klan or the Proud Boys.

To understand is not to condone. But if the ruling elites, and their courtiers masquerading as journalists, continue to gleefully erase these people from the media landscape, to attack them as less than human, or as Hillary Clinton called them “deplorables,” while at the same time refusing to address the grotesque social inequality that has left them vulnerable and afraid, it will fuel ever greater levels of extremism and ever greater levels of state repression and censorship.
I don't think that capitalism by itself is the problem, the American corporatocracy's incestuous obsession with short-term profit over building great companies has corrupted capitalism and is a big part of the problem.
you say that like it's a new thing....
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gotta say the faux outrage I've been expressing over Grampa Bad Finger's administration is tiresome. How did the Left keep it up for 4+ years over Trump? Were they really that butthurt?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:17 pm Gotta say the faux outrage I've been expressing over Grampa Bad Finger's administration is tiresome. How did the Left keep it up for 4+ years over Trump? Were they really that butthurt?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:15 am

Why isn’t that a part of capitalism?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Coke to white employees: Be less white.
https://www.kabc.com/news/coke-conducti ... ess-white/

No different than if a company had a program for black employees telling them to “be les black“.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:44 pm Coke to white employees: Be less white.

No different than if a company had a program for black employees telling them to “be les black“.
“To be less white is to: Be less oppressive, be less arrogant, be less certain, be less defensive, be less ignorant, be more humble, listen, believe, break with apathy, break with white solidarity,” a slide from the presentation says.
How is not racist to assume that to be white is to be oppressive, arrogant, defensive, ignorant, etc.

Stereotyping someone because of the color of their skin, whether it is dark or light, is wrong.

We're attempting to swing the pendulum past the equilibrium of racial equality.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Critical Race Theory at its finest. :coffee:

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

The worse thing about that is that there's actually some chair-warmer diversity executive that wrote that without giggling.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:18 pm

I honestly never heard of critical race theory until I joined football message boards populated by almost exclusively white dudes complaining about critical race theory.

Should I be concerned?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:21 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:18 pm

I honestly never heard of critical race theory until I joined football message boards populated by almost exclusively white dudes complaining about critical race theory.

Should I be concerned?
If you don't have school age kids then no.

Oh and LinkdIn scrubbed its CRT courses from its website. Whoops.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Should I be concerned?

Or work for a Fortune 500 company.

Whether or not Coca-cola is a proponent of CRT is hard to gauge, but what they are/were doing is playing CYA against lawsuits in having more diversity training. The problem is they picked a course that in and itself is racist.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:32 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 pm

Whether or not Coca-cola is a proponent of CRT is hard to gauge, but what they are/were doing is playing CYA against lawsuits in having more diversity training. The problem is they picked a course that in and itself is racist.
Shut up and be less white.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:49 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:32 pm

Si' ese! ;)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:37 pm

Si' ese! ;)
:lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Si' ese! ;)
Kuss meinen Arsch! :kisswink:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:09 am
Si' ese! ;)
Kuss meinen Arsch! :kisswink:
:lol:

Es ist ein riesiger Arsch! :kisswink: