Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by Baldy »

Welcome to 2008.

When the market inevitably crashes, the Conks will get the blame again. :nod:

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/ ... ssion=true
Democrats are pushing to spend billions of dollars to help first-time homebuyers afford down payments, setting up a clash with industry groups and GOP lawmakers, who are warning about racial targeting of the aid and risks to the housing market.

A $10 billion proposal by House Financial Services Chair Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) would give homebuyers up to $25,000 for a down payment. President Joe Biden’s top housing official, HUD Secretary Marcia Fudge, says such assistance is a priority for the administration.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:04 am Welcome to 2008.

Democrats are pushing to spend billions of dollars to help first-time homebuyers afford down payments, setting up a clash with industry groups and GOP lawmakers, who are warning about racial targeting of the aid and risks to the housing market.

A $10 billion proposal by House Financial Services Chair Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) would give homebuyers up to $25,000 for a down payment. President Joe Biden’s top housing official, HUD Secretary Marcia Fudge, says such assistance is a priority for the administration.
I’m guessing those with access and a healthy campaign funding budget are pushing this. It’s not as if the Dems aren’t cozy with big finance. It will be profitable for someone.

:nod:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:19 am

I’m guessing those with access and a healthy campaign funding budget are pushing this. It’s not as if the Dems aren’t cozy with big finance. It will be profitable for someone.

Just like what we did with college financing. If people can now get "X" amount of direct government help with downpayments or other costs, strangely and mysteriously the cost of those things goes up pretty much close to "X". So the "X" goes directly to the person in charge of the cost, and too bad to all the people who don't get that "X" in assistance because now they're paying the bumped up price as well. If only we could predict that this will happen. :roll:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:39 am

Just like what we did with college financing. If people can now get "X" amount of direct government help with downpayments or other costs, strangely and mysteriously the cost of those things goes up pretty much close to "X". So the "X" goes directly to the person in charge of the cost, and too bad to all the people who don't get that "X" in assistance because now they're paying the bumped up price as well. If only we could predict that this will happen. :roll:
Yep! And it occurs on the local level as well. Legalized corruption. Politicians are rubber stamp actors.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

If there are any conservatives left.....

But how can you verify someone would be a 1st Generation home buyer? What if your grandparents owned a home but your parents didn't...do you qualify? That's the biggest headache / problem they'll likely have. Plus..you give someone $25k for a down payment - are there also income / job qualifications that have to be met? $25k is great but I can see a rush to get this money by people who can barely afford rent. Now they're going to own homes and all the extra's that come with it (insurance, taxes, maintenance, lawn upkeep, etc...)
Last edited by Ibanez on Thu May 27, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:42 am

Yep! And it occurs on the local level as well. Legalized corruption. Politicians are rubber stamp actors.
They don't have to be. As well meaning as some of these actions are - and I'm not convinced it's always corrupt, I think politicians sometimes genuinely think "hey, let's give $5000 in assistance to everyone to help with paying for college" and they don't comprehend how this will actually work out and that they just gave the green light to colleges to raise their costs by $5k - I think politicians sometimes get lazy and just want to grab a headline and not have to think through the details of what they're proposing. So not corruption, per se, although I'm sure that exists aplenty, but just a consequence of our political culture and who it attracts - we don't really have that many politicians who are capable of handling the mental side of really legislating and, as we've said before, they don't have the time anyway because they're constantly running for re-election. If only we could come up with something like term limits or something like that. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

All true, but I'll be willing to bet that not a single Conk will vote for this piece of legislation.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:54 am
kalm wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:42 am

They don't have to be. As well meaning as some of these actions are - and I'm not convinced it's always corrupt, I think politicians sometimes genuinely think "hey, let's give $5000 in assistance to everyone to help with paying for college" and they don't comprehend how this will actually work out and that they just gave the green light to colleges to raise their costs by $5k - I think politicians sometimes get lazy and just want to grab a headline and not have to think through the details of what they're proposing. So not corruption, per se, although I'm sure that exists aplenty, but just a consequence of our political culture and who it attracts - we don't really have that many politicians who are capable of handling the mental side of really legislating and, as we've said before, they don't have the time anyway because they're constantly running for re-election. If only we could come up with something like term limits or something like that. :coffee:
You THINK? Never, in the history of ever, has any politician thought through the details of what they’re proposing. Altruistic or not.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:45 am

But how can you verify someone would be a 1st Generation home buyer? What if your grandparents owned a home but your parents didn't...do you qualify? That's the biggest headache / problem they'll likely have. Plus..you give someone $25k for a down payment - are there also income / job qualifications that have to be met? $25k is great but I can see a rush to get this money by people who can barely afford rent. Now they're going to own homes and all the extra's that come with it (insurance, taxes, maintenance, lawn upkeep, etc...)
All that will happen is homes will cost $25,000 more than they did yesterday. It ain’t rocket science.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:12 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:45 am

All that will happen is homes will cost $25,000 more than they did yesterday. It ain’t rocket science.
And then mortgage defaults will go up. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:34 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:12 am

Yep. And then the left will clamor for mortgage relief and paying off people’s mortgages. :dunce: :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Rino's gonna Rino. :lol:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:22 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:34 am

Yep. And then the left will clamor for mortgage relief and paying off people’s mortgages. :dunce: :dunce:
:nod: It's a vicious circle.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Biden and Putin to discuss rights in the US and Russia that ought to go over well...for Putin.

If the talks go anywhere like Blinken's talk with China, where he absolutely got his ass handed to him, this will get buried by the media as well. In addition to the quote below, I'm sure the topic of how racist the US is, will come up.

https://www.barrons.com/news/putin-read ... 1622464814
Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told reporters on Monday that Moscow would not shy away from discussing any issue at the summit and Putin could raise the January 6 protests in support of Biden's predecessor Donald Trump.

"Of course, we will be ready to discuss everything, including problems that exist in the United States," Lavrov told reporters. He said Russia was monitoring the "persecution" of those behind the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:Biden and Putin to discuss rights in the US and Russia that ought to go over well...for Putin.

If the talks go anywhere like Blinken's talk with China, where he absolutely got his ass handed to him, this will get buried by the media as well. In addition to the quote below, I'm sure the topic of how racist the US is, will come up.

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told reporters on Monday that Moscow would not shy away from discussing any issue at the summit and Putin could raise the January 6 protests in support of Biden's predecessor Donald Trump.

"Of course, we will be ready to discuss everything, including problems that exist in the United States," Lavrov told reporters. He said Russia was monitoring the "persecution" of those behind the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.
Anyone who understands China knows that the Alaska meeting was nothing more than theater, and Blinken did not get his ass handed to him

The very fact of us allowing the meeting to go forward with those low level non-Politburo members was a mistake, though

It was the age old Chinese tactic of sending low level civil servants out to delay the British, who then resorted to some good ol gunboat diplomacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:54 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:Biden and Putin to discuss rights in the US and Russia that ought to go over well...for Putin.

Anyone who understands China knows that the Alaska meeting was nothing more than theater, and Blinken did not get his ass handed to him

The very fact of us allowing the meeting to go forward with those low level non-Politburo members was a mistake, though

It was the age old Chinese tactic of sending low level civil servants out to delay the British, who then resorted to some good ol gunboat diplomacy

Stop wrecking my "Biden is inept" narrative. :lol:. Remember how Biden almost caused the Ukrainians to go to war with Russia? Same thing.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:54 pm Anyone who understands China knows that the Alaska meeting was nothing more than theater, and Blinken did not get his ass handed to him

Stop wrecking my "Biden is inept" narrative. :lol:. Remember how Biden almost caused the Ukrainians to go to war with Russia? Same thing.
Well, having the meeting in the first place was a further display of a lack of cultural/historical awareness by our political leaders. And neither Dem not GOP administrations have had a monopoly on that particular brand of ignorance.

But Blinken is the smartest, most substantive SecState we have had since Condi Rice or Madeline Allbright and he handled himself pretty well given that the entire meeting was designed for TV consumption by Chinese citizens.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

The latest evidence that we’re living in 1692 Salem was the manufactured outrage about “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” star Ellie Kemper, a gifted actress who is guilty of absolutely nothing.

Kemper was defamed in a sordid tale of guilt by association, but no one’s reputation survives if we play that game. Hey, are you carrying a New York state driver’s license? Did you know the slave trade continued in this state as late as the 1850s? Hell, the guy the state is named after, the Duke of York, was a slave trader. Why are you carrying a salute to a racist in your wallet, racist?

Better hope no one mentions this on Twitter.
https://nypost.com/2021/06/02/burning-o ... tch-trial/

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Wokeness is upending the medical field-

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/what-h ... cant-speak

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:44 am Wokeness is upending the medical field-

People are dumb. :coffee:
As another example of the generation gap, an ER doctor on the West Coast said he sees providers, particularly younger ones, applying antiracist principles in choosing how they allocate their time and which patients they choose to work with. “I've heard examples of Covid-19 cases in the emergency department where providers go, ‘I’m not going to go treat that white guy, I'm going to treat the person of color instead because whatever happened to the white guy, he probably deserves it.’”
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

North Face- leftist hypocrites.

North Face turns back on Texas oil and gas company, refuses jacket order
https://www.nbc12.com/2020/12/11/north- ... ket-order/
Oil and gas industry trolls North Face with new billboard campaign

Chris Wright, the CEO of Denver-based Liberty Oilfield Services, is spearheading the campaign by putting up billboards around North Face's Denver offices and launching a website and social media campaign, dubbed "Thank you, North Face."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/oil- ... d-campaign
:lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:North Face- leftist hypocrites.

North Face turns back on Texas oil and gas company, refuses jacket order
https://www.nbc12.com/2020/12/11/north- ... ket-order/
Oil and gas industry trolls North Face with new billboard campaign

Chris Wright, the CEO of Denver-based Liberty Oilfield Services, is spearheading the campaign by putting up billboards around North Face's Denver offices and launching a website and social media campaign, dubbed "Thank you, North Face."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/oil- ... d-campaign
:lol:
Hoisting superior scolds from their own petards is so satisfying

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:07 am
CID1990 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:44 am Wokeness is upending the medical field-

People are dumb. :coffee:
As another example of the generation gap, an ER doctor on the West Coast said he sees providers, particularly younger ones, applying antiracist principles in choosing how they allocate their time and which patients they choose to work with. “I've heard examples of Covid-19 cases in the emergency department where providers go, ‘I’m not going to go treat that white guy, I'm going to treat the person of color instead because whatever happened to the white guy, he probably deserves it.’”
And I’d own that fucking hospital if that happened to me.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

This has officially jumped the shark (a racist shark, I’m sure)....They’re coming after you next, Dback....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washingto ... rent-birds

According to The Washington Post, it's hunting season for cancel culture and its latest targets are "racist" birds.

The Post ran an expansive report on Thursday, titled "The racist legacy many birds carry," focused on the "birding community," which apparently is having a difficult debate "about the names of species connected to enslavers, supremacists and grave robbers."

"Corina Newsome is a Black ornithologist, as rare as some of the birds she studies," Post environmental justice reporter Darryl Fears began his piece, noting she was hired to "break down barriers" at the Georgia Audubon nature preserve.

"But overcoming those barriers will be daunting. As with the wider field of conservation, racism and colonialism are in ornithology’s DNA, indelibly linked to its origin story. The challenge of how to move forward is roiling White ornithologists as they debate whether to change as many as 150 eponyms, names of birds that honor people with connections to slavery and supremacy."