Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:39 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:27 am

How was Youngkin in any way associated to Trump other than being Republican? Many do not buy the whole "Anti Trump Republicans" were up to this trick. They were so upset at Trump, they paid VA DNC people to hold tiki torches outside Youngkin's bus? How does that make sense?

Reuters did no investigation on this and just took the bait.
So should I move Reuters down the reliability scale almost as far as Conservative Treehouse? ;)
Below. :lol:

The Conservative Treehouse was awesome for Russia Collusion. She had the whole thing figured out and would post government documents to prove statements. Past that, pretty boring stuff and don't really go there anymore, although interesting to understand who is pushing what in regards to the outlets the government chooses to leak stories through.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:15 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:45 am Reuters lazy bias on display. They weren't Republicans. There's already a photo of one of the guys dressed up in a protective vest looking militant at a different event. Seems it's his side gig.

Below is the part you left out, trying to defame one of the least biased news formats.

Oct 29 (Reuters) - A group of mostly Republican critics of former U.S. President Donald Trump claimed responsibility on Friday for a demonstration in the Virginia governor's campaign that recalled an infamous 2017 rally in the state.
Lol if Reuters is referring to the Pedo I mean Lincoln Project as Republican then they do go down the credibility scale. The Pedo Lincoln Project is about as Republican as JSO..

Heck I woukdn’t put it past JSO being a card carrying member of the Lincoln Project..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:23 pm
Below is the part you left out, trying to defame one of the least biased news formats.

Oct 29 (Reuters) - A group of mostly Republican critics of former U.S. President Donald Trump claimed responsibility on Friday for a demonstration in the Virginia governor's campaign that recalled an infamous 2017 rally in the state.
Lol if Reuters is referring to the Pedo I mean Lincoln Project as Republican then they do go down the credibility scale. The Pedo Lincoln Project is about as Republican as JSO..

Heck I woukdn’t put it past JSO being a card carrying member of the Lincoln Project..
And Trump and his MAGAts are about as Republican as Houndy. Are there any Republicans left?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:39 pm

And Trump and his MAGAts are about as Republican as Houndy. Are there any Republicans left?
Yes....Liz Cheney..even though she voted more for Trump policies than mouth-breathers like Jim Jordon or Matt Gaetz. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Someone else lacking reading comprehension. Please remove Trumps cock from your mouth so you can read.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:39 pm And Trump and his MAGAts are about as Republican as Houndy. Are there any Republicans left?
Yes....Liz Cheney..even though she voted more for Trump policies than mouth-breathers like Jim Jordon or Matt Gaetz. :lol:
In many ways, Trump IS a real Republican. His policies were all conservative hobby horses - up to and including profligate spending, which is perfectly fine as long as it isn’t for Dem hobby horses…

I am not convinced that Trump Republicans are an actual majority within the GOP (just louder) but make no mistake - in terms of policy, Trump is as “Republican” as they come. And that is primarily why I identify myself as a conservative instead of a Republican

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JSO IS the LP...
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I will preface this post by saying that the article really does reference the WaPo, and not the Babylon Bee (in case our board conspiracists like Jelly or klam suggest it isnt mainstream)

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/12 ... es-n434393

EVs are emblematic of systemic racism!

BTW I have just one question…. how is a black person who can afford a Tesla worse off than a woke suburban white person?

I can’t afford a Tesla. I have heard that I am privileged but somehow I havent found a white privilege grant program that will get me into a Tesla.

Can one of you privileged white people send me the privilege password, or secret handshake?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:50 pm I will preface this post by saying that the article really does reference the WaPo, and not the Babylon Bee (in case our board conspiracists like Jelly or klam suggest it isnt mainstream)

BTW I have just one question…. how is a black person who can afford a Tesla worse off than a woke suburban white person?

I can’t afford a Tesla. I have heard that I am privileged but somehow I havent found a white privilege grant program that will get me into a Tesla.

Can one of you privileged white people send me the privilege password, or secret handshake?

"Who knew the humble internal-combustion engine was so woke?" :lol:

There is something ironic about a supposed liberal being more concerned about charging deserts than they are about food deserts.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:50 pm I will preface this post by saying that the article really does reference the WaPo, and not the Babylon Bee (in case our board conspiracists like Jelly or klam suggest it isnt mainstream)

:lol:

White folks be like…

“How far to the nearest recharging station?”

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Any relation or correlation to the new boogeyman of Critical Energy Theory?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

White people repent for your racism, and give us your $
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/wokene ... 1639690409

https://townhall.com/columnists/chrissa ... n-n2600153
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/salva ... uxbndlbing

I used to always give at the kettlebells. Not anymore.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:01 pm White people repent for your racism, and give us your $

Hey…it’s just their version of “Gorillas in the Mist.”
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:01 pm White people repent for your racism, and give us your $

I worked a Salvation Army kettle for three days this year and heard from several people about the “wokeness,” which is apparent from a review of the SA website. It didn’t stop them from giving money, which “stays local” and is put to good use. I don’t like the change, but we give nevertheless because SA does good work.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Jordan Peterson quit at U of Toronto.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/jordan ... -academia/

There are multiple ways to speak truth to power, Peterson chose his.

The hope in the article is that people will suddenly have a cascade of doubt a la Romania under Ceaucescu. The reality is that the Academy, as revered as it is, is a self sustaining bubble, fueled by a constant influx of young, impressionable minds that will not come to the light until many years after they leave, if at all. I personally think the Enlightenment is dead in academia.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:48 pm Jordan Peterson quit at U of Toronto.

The hope in the article is that people will suddenly have a cascade of doubt a la Romania under Ceaucescu. The reality is that the Academy, as revered as it is, is a self sustaining bubble, fueled by a constant influx of young, impressionable minds that will not come to the light until many years after they leave, if at all. I personally think the Enlightenment is dead in academia.
Good article and thanks for sharing.

One of the portions that struck me was this:
As John Ellis has pointed our in the Wall Street Journal, this illiberal ideology has been working its way into our institutions for a very long time, advanced not by any adherence to the Enlightenment ideals of the academy, but by the patient and unrelenting pursuit of political power.
The pursuit of political power has not just entrenched itself in educational instantiations, but other areas as well. We do not have to look any further than the recent COVID policy manipulations and misuse of "science" to push an agenda.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Winterborn wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:48 pm Jordan Peterson quit at U of Toronto.

Good article and thanks for sharing.

One of the portions that struck me was this:
As John Ellis has pointed our in the Wall Street Journal, this illiberal ideology has been working its way into our institutions for a very long time, advanced not by any adherence to the Enlightenment ideals of the academy, but by the patient and unrelenting pursuit of political power.
The pursuit of political power has not just entrenched itself in educational instantiations, but other areas as well. We do not have to look any further than the recent COVID policy manipulations and misuse of "science" to push an agenda.
There is no example in history - ever - where a political shift to the left pushed by political elites has ended well. The disaster is as predictable as the sunrise. This is why these ideologies have to be pushed back against on all fronts.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Turning on Teddy: The American Museum of Natural History’s unceremonious removal of its Theodore Roosevelt statue
His sin was to be portrayed in the 1939 bronze work on horseback next to armed native guides of the American West and Africa on foot. If the trio were all mounted or all standing, they would have had no “racial hierarchy” that the museum found upsetting. Add in a cowardly Bill de Blasio, and one of our greatest New Yorkers has been banished. He’s good enough for Mount Rushmore, but not for Central Park West.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:40 am Turning on Teddy: The American Museum of Natural History’s unceremonious removal of its Theodore Roosevelt statue
His sin was to be portrayed in the 1939 bronze work on horseback next to armed native guides of the American West and Africa on foot. If the trio were all mounted or all standing, they would have had no “racial hierarchy” that the museum found upsetting. Add in a cowardly Bill de Blasio, and one of our greatest New Yorkers has been banished. He’s good enough for Mount Rushmore, but not for Central Park West.
And yet there are people who insist "cancel culture" doesn't exist.

Don't be surprised if Mount Rushmore itself becomes a target. :ohno: :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 am

If Mount Rushmore was in a different state it may have already been modified or adjusted.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:59 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 am

If Mount Rushmore was in a different state it may have already been modified or adjusted.
Sadly this is not far from the mark.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:40 am Turning on Teddy: The American Museum of Natural History’s unceremonious removal of its Theodore Roosevelt statue
It is all about the publicity and gaining favor with their pet constituents. Plus making them few better about them selves.

I hope someone is keeping these statues stored someplace as the backlash is going to be interesting if they keep on pushing the envelope.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:10 pm
It is all about the publicity and gaining favor with their pet constituents. Plus making them few better about them selves.

I hope someone is keeping these statues stored someplace as the backlash is going to be interesting if they keep on pushing the envelope.
TR was no saint; not even saints are saints. But in 60 years, he was governor, president, Medal of Honor recipient, Nobel Peace Laureate and much more. Now the words of his New York State memorial at the museum — Ranchman, Scholar, Explorer, Scientist, Conservationist, Naturalist, Statesman, Author, Historian, Humanitarian, Soldier and Patriot — frame an empty plaza.
Teddy was definitely an accomplished man and more than worthy of recognition.

Kalm, how you feeling about this happening to a memorial to your favorite conk?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:05 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:10 pm

TR was no saint; not even saints are saints. But in 60 years, he was governor, president, Medal of Honor recipient, Nobel Peace Laureate and much more. Now the words of his New York State memorial at the museum — Ranchman, Scholar, Explorer, Scientist, Conservationist, Naturalist, Statesman, Author, Historian, Humanitarian, Soldier and Patriot — frame an empty plaza.
Teddy was definitely an accomplished man and more than worthy of recognition.

Kalm, how you feeling about this happening to a memorial to your favorite conk?
I don’t like it. Seems regressive.

8-)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Damn stupid. Hang onto your “Night at the Museum” DVD.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.